Dota 2

Just want to kind of bump this thread with this awesome game:

[youtube]3E2NcQ0U9Og[/youtube]

Unlike the International, this is a very exciting 80+ min game.

I got into the beta a little over 3 weeks ago; the only other DOTA-style game I've played was the Hero Attack mod in Starcraft 2, which is a hell of a lot less complex than this game (and there's barely any team dynamic there). After about 80 games of DOTA 2 with a 35:45 win/loss count, I got tired of my teammates whining how much I sucked so I started playing bot matches. The bots kicked my ass even harder than people (and four times out of five a teammate disconnected or went permanently AFK in the first five minutes), but I did learn a few things and went back to playing against humans, who at least make mistakes once in a while.

I love dota, but I think they should tone back the stuns a bit and focus more on slow mechanisms so that people have a chance to micro back and increase survivability. Also, flat % damage abilities like Huskar need to be toned down or modified to make it more reasonable.

They've been giving out more keys recently (or rather invites) to people who have been playing in the beta quite frequently, so if you know people =]

Hey, Im in the market for a new PC and I wanna make sure it can run DOTA 2 smoothly. What would be the price range for such a computer?

Hey, Im in the market for a new PC and I wanna make sure it can run DOTA 2 smoothly. What would be the price range for such a computer?
Honestly, my laptop (with the standard graphics card) can run it at the highest resolution just fine. I'd say most desktops would be able to do so without any problems as well.

Cool. I honestly cant wait for this game to get released. I started playing the original DotA a long ass time ago like when Spectre got released but stopped playing after Murloc's release. My favorite hero is ironically enough Spectre, with Spiritbreaker coming in a close second. I've been watching a lot of the tournament play from joinDOTA's youtube page and I could honestly see myself getting serious about the game like that.

edit: forgot about anti-mage. he's easily one in my top 3 fav's and I'm happy he is deemed a top tier threat nowadays.

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Solo que in this game is an absolute nightmare. Full of Russians and feeders, it's no surprise that nobody else owns a microphone to communicate.

Decided to give DotA2 another go after I played a few games last year, found out it's still the same quality players. im mad

Sticking to HoN for awhile more

I wish people would take this game less seriously. I got yelled at by one guy for twenty minutes once because I was crappy at Riki.

If you can't have fun with a game regardless of whether you win or lose, you probably aren't playing the right game.

They should take all the ragers beta-keys away and give them to us kind people. I dont get how you can get so mad over an incomplete game. -_-

Im wondering if this game will have a ranked playlist/leaderboard once the final product comes out.

The DOTA playerbase has always been notorious for being ragers/noob-hating. It seems that hasn't changed in the transition between games. In fact it likely is worse atm, because few people without any experience whatsoever are playing. The only way player interaction will improve is by actually, y'know, interacting with players. As it is now, with all the "experts" concentrated into the game, its no wonder they have no patience for anyone who needs help!

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
They should take all the ragers beta-keys away and give them to us kind people. I dont get how you can get so mad over an incomplete game. -_-

Im wondering if this game will have a ranked playlist/leaderboard once the final product comes out.
Main reason for a game to allow closed beta testing is to test the game, not to provide enjoyment. Doesn't mean that people can't enjoy themselves while playing, it's just not the focus of the state of the game.

As with most online multiplayer games, there will be some kind of stat tracking (rating, maybe even common stats like KDR).

I was just commenting on how unfriendly the game is towards High skill non-competitive players :P

Anyone know if there's Mac client support yet?

Last game in the star series between DTS and Quantic was amazing. Purge just put it up on youtube, I'd embed it here, but I can't figure out how to.

About two days ago they announced DotA 2 as being free-to-play with a *twist*. Gabe said the twist is something completely new and unsimilar to LoL's and HoN's 'pay for bonuses' set up.

To be honest, I think parts of the new hud look awful, namely the attributes box and hero portrait area. Everything to the right is a nice addition however.
Also, the panel that tells you how long until respawn when you die is quite tacky with its bright red (see MS Paint default colours). Hopefully its still a WIP.

The icons look too damn small in the screenshots of the new hero grid. Hope valve actually pays attention to their feedback forums because there's a rediculous amount of negative feedback there.

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
dota is more of the case of there being bad heroes for new players rather than good ones.

a bad skeleton king is still a liability

a bad invoker is a bigger liability

steep learning curve x_x

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)