Dota 2

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
if anyone has a compendium Smeevil that they don't have full possible views on, tomorrow I will be grinding several smevils dling replays, so

add Emerald Princess and send me your smevil to get full views in my smevil raising service.

Django

Started from the bottom...
is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
so while smogon was down guilds got added to dota2. We've got a SmogDota guild, if you want to join and play with some of us then come to #smogdota on synIRC and ask for an invite, someone there should be able to add you :)

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Ignore kishimoto
dota 2 is out on mac and ubuntu btw so hopefully more peeps should come in to #smogdota
it is still free for these OSes and what if they release buds for mac users?????

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
Well about time that they released it for the Mac. I'm downloading it right now. Steam name is Acklow per usual so if you haven't added me on Steam, go on right ahead.

Pidge

('◇')
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
The International 2013 starts in less than 5 hours with the Wildcard match between Quantic and Rattlesnakes. There's no better week to be a Dota 2 fan.

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Double post but the main event for TI3 is about to start here: http://www.twitch.tv/dota2ti
This is pretty much the biggest tournament of the year, with a $2.6 million prize pool so people should watch and hopefully some LoL players will be converted ;D Come hang out on #smogdota

Double post but the main event for TI3 is about to start here: http://www.twitch.tv/dota2ti
This is pretty much the biggest tournament of the year, with a $2.6 million prize pool so people should watch and hopefully some LoL players will be converted ;D Come hang out on #smogdota
2.8 million silly V0x. And there are huge plays and huge throws happening in addition to a bunch of cool side events so definitely watch if not just for the fun factor of seeing Lanaya vs Lanaya!

since the international passed a few weeks ago, we should expect a balance patch soon.

what would you like to see changed in v. 6.79?

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
Antimage buff to honor Burning's not actually retirement. Like a higher innate magic resist with a slight nerf to his passive and more starting strength so he can almost be viable in the offlane XD.

Prophet probably a 10 second nerf to the TP. At the moment you can sort of go back to base at any time, and by the time your hp / mana fills and you sort out your item purchases, there are only ~10 seconds left before it goes off cooldown so you can instantly go anywhere again. Now, you have to be a bit more careful when you TP.

Also buyback and BKB sucks. Teams just wait out the buyback cooldown so it's super boring and BKB is super boring too so yeah

Django

Started from the bottom...
is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
What about making his TP actually go on cooldown when you start using it, even if you cancel it? I hate how you can fake it currently.

Also pls fix Spirit Breaker he is fucking retarded in pubs

Royal Flush

in brazil rain
is a Past WCoP Champion
Prophet teleport nerf and suddenly the game is 350% better!!!! 30s cd and putting it at cd if the tp gets canceled would be great imo. Maybe the teleport fading shadow blade invis as well...

Buffs to Tide and Enigma. Mainly the latter. I thought of midnight pulse becoming a toggle thing like Rot so he could pop it freely while channeling BLACK HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLE and lower the ult cd.

and of course reworking obvious stuff (bloodseeker/sniper/rikimaru/krobelus/wd etc.). I mean, Icefrog is religiously buffing heroes like bs and sniper and they still suck, at some point even a clueless beginner will realize that having a skill slot to only extend the atk range and another to (have a chance to) ministun and bonus damage is stupid.

As for items, make Vanguard being able to disassemble, buffs for Mjollnir/S&Y/Skadi I guess. I'm kinda icky with BKB, but the game would be a lot worse without it.

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
the problem with nature's prophet is that he puts in place a very hard strategy to counter (split-push) and takes almost full advantage of the map. the amount of effort that goes into stopping him is much more than the amount of effort it takes to play him (this also applies to timbersaw imo). he is almost impossible to stop without some level of team organisation and communication.

BKBs and buybacks are very heavily integrated into dota 2 strategy and I feel they have been nerfed to the point of being acceptable. i do get where you're coming from though... you can define moments in the game as when carry x has gotten their bkb or x hero has buyback ready, but using BKB and buybacks to their maximum effect is a skill that only develops through an extreme amount of experience in the game (and the 4 second bkb nerf really stresses that, as does the scaling of buyback cost + 6 minute cd late into the game).

i also think it's very hard to imagine dota without BKBs or buyback............xd

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)