SM Doubles OU DOU Gen 7 Tsareena Heat RMT

Hey all, This is my first RMT ever here and I wanted so share a neat team I have been working on a for DOU. I was trying to be a bit creative about a Pokemon I feel is very underrated and over looked right now, which would be Tsareena.

Stats:
HP: 72
Attack: 120
Defense: 98
Sp. Atk: 50
Sp. Def: 98
Speed: 72

Abilities:
- Leaf Guard
- Queenly Majesty
- Sweet Veil

At first glance her stats seem a bit subpar for what the Meta currently is with all the power house Pokemon running around, but despite her mild stats she offers some unique utility and some offensive prowess. Her attack is at a very usable level, and her bulk + Mono Grass typing means she can take a hit or two without much investment (That Ground resist) and still be around to dish out damage. Here is the set I am using with her:

Legs 4 Dayz (Tsareena) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Queenly Majesty
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Trop Kick
- High Jump Kick
- Play Rough
- U-turn

With the combination of Choice Scarf and Queenly Majesty, she is able to out speed much of the non-boosted Meta and be hard to revenge KO due to having solid Speed with Scarf and being Priority Immune. Also the fact that she makes her partner Priority Immune as well is a huge support option by just being there allowing Fake Out or Prankster Taunt to not shut down you trying to set something up in the early turns.

This set is the best she can muster as her Physical Move pool is really lack luster at the moment (Unsure if Pokebank will change that with what she can breed down).

- Trop Kick is her hardest hitting STAB on the physical side, and it has a nifty 100% chance to Drop the Opponents Attack stat, something very useful in tandem with Choice Scarf to get free drops on slower Pokemon and limit their damage on big hits.

- High Jump Kick is a really nice High Risk/Reward move for getting a big hit on Normal/Steel Types that hang around in the meta, getting Big Damage off on Pokemon like Mega-Kang and Heatran to name a small few.

- Play Rough is really the only awkward move on this set but it does the job beings able to hit Salamence for good damage (Without Intimidate that is), and other Pokemon that might resist both Trop Kick/HJK.

- U-turn is a must have most with this set. Getting free momentum and chip damage is nice but it's also the fact that she will delay Priority that turn and pretty much switch for free which really takes the cake on this set. Sure it's not STAB but it does the job fairly well and this set would not function at all without it.

Here is a brief description of the rest of the team:
Sanic (Tapu Koko) @ Life Orb​
Ability: Electric Surge​
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe​
Timid Nature​
IVs: 0 Atk​
- Taunt​
- Thunderbolt​
- Dazzling Gleam
- Protect

Tapu Koko was a nice option here for a Fast Taunt to try and help patch up the huge TR weakness in the team. Thunderbolt and Dazzling Gleam do all the damage I need it to with a wicked fast pokemon. Helps beat Zard-Y and other Pokemon weak to offense, and softens up things for Tsareena to pick up easy KO's. I had thought of using Volt Switch and HP Ice over Taunt but I didn't like missing out on the utility.

Lava Frog (Heatran) @ Leftovers​
Ability: Flash Fire​
EVs: 56 HP / 252 SpA / 200 Spe​
Timid Nature​
- Substitute​
- Flamethrower​
- Earth Power
- Protect

Standard SubTran here for a nice Sun Check and a back up means to handle Zard-Y. Flamethrower was the move option here to not give opposing Heatran's free boosts on silly switch ins and with all the spread moves on the team I needed a better way to deal with Wide Guard Aegislash/Celesteela who would otherwise laugh at me.

Waifu Snek (Milotic) @ Adrenaline Orb​
Ability: Competitive​
EVs: 88 HP / 252 SpA / 168 Spe​
Timid Nature​
- Hydro Pump​
- Icy Wind​
- Hidden Power [Grass]​
- Protect

This Milotic is a really solid glue Pokemon and is so nice for handling all of the Mega-Mence/Lando going around in DOU right now. The EV set is a spread I worked on with a friend (Heliosan) and after going through a few renditions this is the one that proved the best. The Speed investment outspeed Tapu Koko (Max Invested Base 130's) after an Adrenaline Orb proc and OHKO's cleanly with Hydro Pump. Icy Wind is for Speed Control so this pokemon isn't dead weight without a proc and to get around Follow Me Jirachi to OHKO Salamence/Landorus (Non AV varients) after the boosts. HP Grass is to hit other fat waters or the rare Gastrodon so it doesn't wall me.

Cat Food (Landorus-Therian) @ Assault Vest​
Ability: Intimidate​
EVs: 112 HP / 124 Atk / 16 Def / 12 SpD / 244 Spe​
Adamant Nature​
- Earthquake​
- Rock Slide​
- Knock Off​
- U-turn​

It's the AV Landorus-T set on the Smogon Dex with a bit of tweaking. The Attack was dropped a bit so this Lando spread can outspeed Max Speed invested Heatran's without risking Heat Wave burns (A bit silly of a bench mark but worth it in the long run) and being able to out pace anything slower. Assault Vest allows this monster to take so many hits on either spectrum with Intimidate along side it, being able to handle too numerous of threats. It's was a nice Ground/Electric Immunity that the team needed with some solid offensive pressure between Earthquake and Rock Slide. Knock Off gives nice utility and can help limit opposing Scarf Lando as an emergency to avoid fast flinches (Assuming my Lando isn't flinch locked) and helps keep certain things in check. U-turn is there for some Momentum but Explosion isn't a bad back up option.

Zelda's Weapon (Aegislash) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature​
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe​
- Wide Guard​
- Shadow Ball​
- Flash Cannon​
- King's Shield​

Aegislash was stricly chosen for being a Steel Type with Wide Guard. My only other real option was Celesteela and I wanted a Pokemon with a bigger offensive presense. It's unique defensive typing really helps the team out many times. This is a Standard Weakness Policy Spread, considered using Safety Goggles but with Tsareena to absorb Spores and Electric Terrain being a part of the team, there was very little need and the added Offensive of a +2 boost goes a long way.

Currently the team is performing as well as I could expect but I have come here to see if adding some other brain power to help catch things I missed or to give a different spin on the team. I know there isn't a Mega-Pokemon on the team but I really couldn't find one to use other than Zard-Y (Didn't consider it much tbh) over Heatran to help patch the Rain Weakness this team has. I will drop the importable in the comments for anyone who want's to try it out of fiddle with spreads/partners so see what works better.

Here is the import:

Legs 4 Dayz (Tsareena) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Queenly Majesty
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Trop Kick
- High Jump Kick
- Play Rough
- U-turn

Sanic (Tapu Koko) @ Life Orb
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Taunt
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Protect

Lava Frog (Heatran) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 56 HP / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Flamethrower
- Earth Power
- Protect

Waifu Snek (Milotic) @ Adrenaline Orb
Ability: Competitive
EVs: 88 HP / 252 SpA / 168 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Protect

Cat Food (Landorus-Therian) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 112 HP / 124 Atk / 16 Def / 12 SpD / 244 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Zelda's Weapon (Aegislash) @ Weakness Policy
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Wide Guard
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- King's Shield

I really appreciate it when players try to explore and innovate the meta-game, so I'll try my best to help out without changing too much of your team. First off, I know you are aware that Mega Evolutions are valuable assets to any team, so I recommend that you find one to use. By the looks of your team, Charizard-Mega-Y or Salamence-Mega can fit right in by replacing Heatran or Tsareena, respectively. Both Mega Evolutions have access to Tailwind which gives your team another method of speed control besides that of Milotic's Icy Wind. Not to mention, your AV Landorus-T would certainly appreciate Tailwind support.

Other small changes that I would recommend is giving Milotic the item Maranga Berry (Raises holder's Sp. Def by 1 stage after it is hit by a special attack) and Aegislash the item Wiki Berry (Restores 1/2 man HP at 1/4 max HP or less; confuses if -SpA Nature). Both items grants their respective users a greater longevity in battle. Both Pokemon can also take an advantage of Tailwind by adjusting their speed. By giving Aegislash an investment of 168 EVs in Speed and Milotic an investment of 88 EVs in Speed, they outspeed Gengar-Mega and Deoxys-A, respectively. Also, Milotic should definitely have the move Recover. An importable is provided for your convenience.

GL HF~

Aegislash @ Wiki Berry
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Wide Guard
- King's Shield

Milotic @ Maranga Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Def / 36 SpA / 88 Spe
Modest Nature
- Icy Wind
- Hydro Pump
- Protect
- Recover

I really appreciate it when players try to explore and innovate the meta-game, so I'll try my best to help out without changing too much of your team. First off, I know you are aware that Mega Evolutions are valuable assets to any team, so I recommend that you find one to use. By the looks of your team, Charizard-Mega-Y or Salamence-Mega can fit right in by replacing Heatran or Tsareena, respectively. Both Mega Evolutions have access to Tailwind which gives your team another method of speed control besides that of Milotic's Icy Wind. Not to mention, your AV Landorus-T would certainly appreciate Tailwind support.

Other small changes that I would recommend is giving Milotic the item Maranga Berry (Raises holder's Sp. Def by 1 stage after it is hit by a special attack) and Aegislash the item Wiki Berry (Restores 1/2 man HP at 1/4 max HP or less; confuses if -SpA Nature). Both items grants their respective users a greater longevity in battle. Both Pokemon can also take an advantage of Tailwind by adjusting their speed. By giving Aegislash an investment of 168 EVs in Speed and Milotic an investment of 88 EVs in Speed, they outspeed Gengar-Mega and Deoxys-A, respectively. Also, Milotic should definitely have the move Recover. An importable is provided for your convenience.

GL HF~

Aegislash @ Wiki Berry
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Wide Guard
- King's Shield

Milotic @ Maranga Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Def / 36 SpA / 88 Spe
Modest Nature
- Icy Wind
- Hydro Pump
- Protect
- Recover
Hey thanks for the reply, I do like the idea of having Zard-Y (Despite running Milo) with Tailwind and adjusting Aegislash to the set you suggested (WP Aegislash was just the first one off the top of my head that wasn't Goggles) since it's longevity will be very appreciated to keep Wide Guard support. Tailwind Zard-Y is a great suggestion in hindsight since Heatran wasn't doing too much and TW will definitely help the whole team out a lot more. As for your Milo set, I am hesistant to swap it just for the fact that this set honestly ruins any Intimidate user. Recover is worth looking into over HP Grass for sure, but as for changing it to a Support set I am not 100% sold on the idea. I will definitely keep the set in mind should this one fall flat after a while.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)