SM OU Doublade Stopin' & Chopin'

doublade_by_dashinghero-d6oyl0c.png

As always, whenever I am on showdown, I LOVE to see something other than the same-old, boring pokemon that overflow the tier. Do not get me wrong, they are fine, it is just me that is easily bored. Anyway, I decided to try out Doublade, because other than the important factor that nobody uses it, its typing is more that good when it comes to coverage. The team that has been built around it is balanced-offensive team, including 1 set up mon, 2 sweepers, and 3 pokemon on the defense

So, enjoy!

The team :

doublade.gif
landorus-therian.gif
venusaur-mega.gif
greninja-ash.gif
tapufini.gif
tapukoko.gif

Doublade A.K.A. Edgar

doublade.gif

Edgar (Doublade) (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Iron Head
- Sacred Sword

Doublade had a lot of potential. It has a solid attack stat, a crazy high Defense stat, and a poor Sp Def one. That being said, while I wanted it to be offensive , I could not oversee its weakness, so I invested 252 in Sp Def and 252 in Attack, to endure that it was solid enough to take most neutral hits after an eviolite boost. Once Doublade is not threatened by Super Effective special attacks, it can pretty much do anything it likes for free for at least one turn.It is most convenient to set up on physical attackers, but setting up on Special ones is also possible. It also walls Pheromosa BEAUTIFULLY. Resisting everything it wants to throw at him. Swords dance is there to boost its attack, shadow sneak to hit first, Iron Head for pure damage and Sacred word for damage on Ferrothorns, Excadrills and Tyranitars. I did some calcs and here are the results :

Choice Band Bulu(placed payback out of curiosity)
Standard Scarf Lele
Against Mega Metagross, after a swords dance

So, at this point, I was feeling pretty comfortable with Doublade as a core mon.

Landorus

landorus-therian.gif

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 28 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

A defensive set Lando, with some Sp Def investment to take HP Ice from other Landos better, as well as ensuring longevity. HP Ice for Landos, Garchomps, Salamences and Zygardes. Lando also serves as the Pokemon to set up Stealth Rocks. Earthquake for damage/coverage, U-turn for momentum against switching opponents

Venusaur-Mega

venusaur-mega.gif

Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 16 Def / 240 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Venusaur serves as the Sp Def wall of the team. Things with it are simple.Giga drain for damage and recovery, Sludge Bomb for all the despicable fairies and grass types, Hidden Power Fire for the Ferrothorns, Kartanas and Magnezones. Synthesis for a great amount of recovery that does not depend on type effectiveness. Emphasis on the Sp Attack so that nothing lives long when hit by a Super Effective attack.

Greninja-Ash

greninja-ash.gif

Greninja @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- Hydro Pump
- U-turn

I have made a post about this Greninja set again. It is really effective, wearing down walls and fast Pokemon in a really diligent way. Choice specs to maximise damage. Choice specs Water Shuriken is , in my opinion one of the best moves that Ash-Greninja can get. A magnificent Special Attack, is given a Specs boost, thus offering a priority with power varying from 40 base power to 100 from a 457 Sp Attack mon. Hydro Pump and Dark Pulse for power, and U-turn to gain momentum from bad situations.

Tapu Fini

tapufini.gif

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nature's Madness
- Defog
- Taunt
- Moonblast

Tapu Fini is this teams defoger, and second defensive wall. Taunt shuts down stall pokemon, Nature's Madness deals heavy damage on walls and metagross's that switch in , wearing down teams really fast. Moonblast is ,in my opinion, the go-to move, for Salamences and Greninjas that overpredict. You can always change that for Surf or Scald, whatever is your cup of tea. The speed investment allows Fini to outspeed Defensive Landorus's and taunt them.

Tapu Koko

tapukoko.gif

Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- U-turn
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam

Tapu Koko acts as the second sweeper. It ensures that, in the end, no Toxapexes or Celesteelas live to ruin your game. Also a great answer to Tapu Fini, it is arguably one of the sweepers/ wallbreakers of the game. Life orb gives it the power it needs to OHKO mons, and electric terrain boosts its electric type moves , almost leading it to an overkill ! U-turn allows it to switch out even from Dugtrios, and Landos. Dazzling Gleam is there simply to kill anything that resists or is immune to thunderbolt.

Tell me what you think of my team ! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)

Last edited:
i think toxapex can handle at least 1 tbolt and toxic u in return but i have to admit nice team if u really want a special tank though use calm mind mega sableye or mega gardevoir when his stone becomes available

Thank you! The team is actually surprisingly good the way it is, although it began as a gimmick to entertain my boredom. A 123, calm max HP toxa has a 68.8 percent chance to NOT live a thunderbolt. With stealth rocks the knock out is guaranteed^^

Thank you! The team is actually surprisingly good the way it is, although it began as a gimmick to entertain my boredom. A 123, calm max HP toxa has a 68.8 percent chance to NOT live a thunderbolt. With stealth rocks the knock out is guaranteed^^
did u see my team on the above thread?
i like the team but im getting rid of both pheromosa and nihilego soon for some other guys im gonna repost on the same thread but ?: shouldn't u use mandibuzz over tapu fini ? mandibuzz is bulkier, has more offensive presence and recovery and foul play makes it so u don't have to put in any offensive investment. u have venusaur for spD so u could make him physically defensive.

I do not really get the part about your team :/ . I suppose you are talking about a rmt you made, which includes Pheromosa and Nihilego? There are 2 reasons I do not use Mandibuzz : A) I . HATE. IT. It simply annoys me in all regards aside from its typing, so I try to avoid it ( :P XD XD ). B) If I were to replace it, it would make my team weak to ice type attacks. I hope that soon I will find the time make the rmt of some fresh stuff I have been working on ^^.

u know, i just found out that kartana has access to defog could use it as a surprise considering he is immune to toxic spikes and resists stealth rocks

Smeargle@Focus Sash
Ability: Moody
EVs: 252 Spe / 4 SpD / 252 Hp
Jolly Nature
- Baton Pass
- Spiky Shield
- Spore/ Baneful Bunker
- Acupressure
im making this set on my sun game and it should do very well until moody gets banned again.
Glalie@Glalitite
EVs: 252 Spe / 4 SpD / 252 Att
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Return
- Earthquake
- Explosion
This one is as gimmicky as the smeargle set and protect is only there for the hopeful beneficial boost

Smeargle@Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Baton Pass
- Spiky Shield
- Spore/ Baneful Bunker
- Acupressure
im making this set on my sun game and it should do very well until moody gets banned again.
Glalie@Glalitite
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Return
- Earthquake
- Explosion
This one is as gimmicky as the smeargle set and protect is only there for the hopeful beneficial boost
You realize moody was never unbanned right? That smeargle set is illegal, and it can't baton pass anything if it boosts both speed and another set anyways, making it a very mediocre set.

Smeargle@Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Baton Pass
- Spiky Shield
- Spore/ Baneful Bunker
- Acupressure
Glalie@Glalitite
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Return
- Earthquake
- Explosion
the glalie set is fine, I think. But the Ace above is right, This smeargle is banned.

Back