Pokémon Doublade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, Doublade has almost half the speed Aegislash has, wich means he can abuse gyro ball more efficiently, even with his lower base attack. However he needs so badly something to abuse no guard...

Also, Doublade has almost half the speed Aegislash has, wich means he can abuse gyro ball more efficiently, even with his lower base attack. However he needs so badly something to abuse no guard...
It's not like it will be completely useless. In-game, my Doublade hit a bouncing Mienfoo with Iron Head; if Gyarados continues to run it, and moreover, if Phantom Force is widespread, then Doublade can look forward to delivering users of this move a nasty surprise, as I'm pretty sure it will still hit these Pokemon while hidden/flying/digging/bouncing.

I used:
Item: Eviolite
Nature: Impish (+ Def, - SpA)
EV Spread: 252 Atk/212 Def/44 SpD
Moveset: Swords Dance, Shadow Sneak, Shadow Claw, Iron Head.

Keeping in mind that if the opponent leads with Mega Gengar, switch out to a Normal type or stay and do Shadow Sneak and hope for a critical. Shadow Ball tends to be a pain.

I used:
Item: Eviolite
Nature: Impish (+ Def, - SpA)
EV Spread: 252 Atk/212 Def/44 SpD
Moveset: Swords Dance, Shadow Sneak, Shadow Claw, Iron Head.

Keeping in mind that if the opponent leads with Mega Gengar, switch out to a Normal type or stay and do Shadow Sneak and hope for a critical. Shadow Ball tends to be a pain.
Mightn't Careful 252 HP / 252 SDef possibly be better to even out its defenses, given that (especially with Eviolite) Doublade's Defense is already quite strong?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
I've run into like some SD/Gyro/Sneak/sacred sword Eviolite Doublade running around and it's scarier than it sounds, it's HELLA bulky and Gyro ball HURTS. Might be better at SD than Aegi himself.

Respectable set. I see this guy getting even more use in general if the family gets Pain Split at some point.

That's the exact set I've been using in game. (I could never find the stone to evolve the guy so I stuck Eviolite on him). Physical attacks are essentially worthless on him and he has two perfect STABs to abuse his low speed and great attack with Shadow Sneak and Gyro Ball.

Mightn't Careful 252 HP / 252 SDef possibly be better to even out its defenses, given that (especially with Eviolite) Doublade's Defense is already quite strong?
I just tend to feel quite comfortable when I can take 4 earthquakes. You have a point, though.
For the record, I caught it as Impish and I thought it worked in the same way as a +SpD natured Chansey.

The only real issue with Doublade is its really severely outrageously poor spdef stat so any old ShadowBall or FireBlast can OHKo it. You can run SD or whatever youd like and No Guard offensively is great....but any move youd use is already 100% acc so this would just make FireBlasts 100%. In my opinion this guy has amazing Eviolite potential but you gotta watch out for the special hits

Set Name: Eviolite Tank (Courtesy of ride the lightening)
Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 108 Atk / 144 HP / 112 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Sword
- Iron Head/Gyro Ball
- Shadow Sneak
- King's Shield
Just a quick question about this set, how do you teach him King's Shield? Is it an egg move?

Just wondering did the no guard mechanics changed?

i was at the battle facility and i came across a machamp and i missed my air slash with charizard Y and he hit me with a dinamy punch and i was like srs?, then he killed me with payback after that i missed a hydro pump yet again with greninja and he hit another dinamipunch... it could just be luck for the cpu but i found it odd.

Just wondering did the no guard mechanics changed?

i was at the battle facility and i came across a machamp and i missed my air slash with charizard Y and he hit me with a dinamy punch and i was like srs?, then he killed me with payback after that i missed a hydro pump yet again with greninja and he hit another dinamipunch... it could just be luck for the cpu but i found it odd.
Sounds like a lucky Machamp that didn't have No Guard.

I feel like this thing could be one of the premier walls in OU if it weren't for the fact that its ability, while strong on Golurk and Machamp, is a liability on him. It doesn't have any high-power, low-accuracy moves with great added bonuses like Dynamicpunch (not even Guillotine like I suspected in the days before release.)

All No Guard is doing for him is putting a big bullseye on him for every Fire Blast, Thunder, Hurricane etc. etc. in the tier.

Valzy

Destroyer of Worlds
is a Contributor Alumnus
Maxing SpD would prevent OHKOs from many attackers such as Dragonite, Salamence and Keldeo. I'm not quite sure how much it would affect its physical bulk though. I would suggest over careful though to increase the power of gyroball.

Does anyone else think that Doublade would be a good trick room sweeper?

Last edited:
I was actually thinking a lot about that one, but i made some calculations and i got this:

160+ SpA Heatran Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite (custom): 234-276 (72.67 - 85.71%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Gengar Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite (custom): 192-228 (59.62 - 70.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Alakazam Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite (custom): 172-203 (53.41 - 63.04%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Hydreigon Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite (custom): 186-220 (57.76 - 68.32%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Jellicent Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite (custom): 110-132 (34.16 - 40.99%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Which isn't actually impressive since it got 2HKO at best by almost every Super effective special attack... But in the physical side it can be as amazing as:

252+ Atk Landorus-T Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite (custom): 140-168 (43.47 - 52.17%) -- 10.94% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Darmanitan Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite (custom): 276-328 (85.71 - 101.86%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Thick Club Marowak Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite (custom): 186-222 (57.76 - 68.94%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Mamoswine Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite (custom): 151-182 (46.89 - 56.52%) -- 83.98% chance to 2HKO
+1 252 Atk Salamence Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite (custom): 122-144 (37.88 - 44.72%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Tyranitar Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite (custom): 158-188 (49.06 - 58.38%) -- 98.05% chance to 2HKO

If we compare the Viciousness of the attacks, the physical ones are able of bringing down even some resisting pokes because of it's sheer power... but even the most ridiculous one (Adamant + Life Orb + Sheer Power + STAB Darmanitan Flare Blitz) have a low chance of a OHKO... but at the same time, the Special one can fall also in two hits just because of a non STABed Shadow Ball from Alakazam which isn't that deadly to a lot of pokes...

So i think it's better to use it carefully to sponge physical attacks like a champ and try to deal as much damage as possible since even with no investment it can deal some good damage with SE moves, and Iron Head, Sacred Sword and Shadow Claw(Sneak) can hit SE 8 Types which isn't a lot but it's something... also you can run Swords Dance for a more offensive approach if you like it...

Of course, a Special Spread can help against resisted and neutral attacks, but they are even going to hurt, so... why bother about that when you have an absurdly high defensive stat?

You know, I really think this might be the pokemon to use with SD, as opposed to Aegislash. I'm a bit more impressed by UltiMario's Automotize SAtk spread for Aegislash, so maybe Doublade will find a nice niche as the SDer in the family.

The only real issue with Doublade is its really severely outrageously poor spdef stat so any old ShadowBall or FireBlast can OHKo it. You can run SD or whatever youd like and No Guard offensively is great....but any move youd use is already 100% acc so this would just make FireBlasts 100%. In my opinion this guy has amazing Eviolite potential but you gotta watch out for the special hits
My point exactly :P

Just a thought, but does anyone know if it has a HA yet? Ta.
That's probably very unlikely actually. If it has a HA, then it'll evolve into an Aegislash with a HA (meaning Aegislash would need to have a HA as well). It doesn't look like Aegislash is going to have a HA since its whole concept revolves around its ability and King's Shield. I'd love to be proven wrong though, No Guard is almost useless on Doublade.

That's probably very unlikely actually. If it has a HA, then it'll evolve into an Aegislash with a HA (meaning Aegislash would need to have a HA as well). It doesn't look like Aegislash is going to have a HA since its whole concept revolves around its ability and King's Shield. I'd love to be proven wrong though, No Guard is almost useless on Doublade.
Keeping in mind that a few Pokémon have the same ability as they'd normally have as a HA, so it is still plausible.

the whole point of this sword is to be a sword -> it is without a shield! that's why they gave it the "no guard" ability. sadly its useless for it and actually bad since it's helping the opponent since he can now hit with lower accuracy moves all the time, while Doublade has pretty much no use for it.

Aegislash gets the shield. That's why it has its new unique ability, 2 formes, and the attack Kings Shield.

It's very doubtful that either are gonna get a new ability (but it's possible for Honedge and Doublade I guess, but since we don't know of any, there's not really a big point in discussing it; at least with others some abilities were already floating around, but there is nothing we know of for Doublade/Aegislash, which makes sense).

In Doubles this guy would actually pair well with CharXY with the Inferno move. 100 BP now that cant miss and is a guaranteed burn. And Magnezone could get in there and use Magnet Rise to protect them from EQ and start spewing Zap Cannons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)