double dance sweep- offense ou rmt

this team is all about setting up stealth rocks, predicting moves, and killing u might say. i was tired of stalls such as skarmory. walling took too long to battle with and bored me. so i decided to go the quick way. either i win or i lose quickly and have fun either way. well, heres my team.

Aerodactyl @ focus sash
jolly nature
pressure
252 att 252 speed

stealth rocks
taunt
earthquake
rock slide

the standard lead aerodactyl. i usually dont have problems with leads with aerodactyl. taunt to prevent other stealth rockers and then set up my own. focus sash almost guarentees i set up the rocks or maybe get an attack or two in. rock slide is there over stone edge for the accuracy and the flinch rate. i usually let aero die after rocks are up and damage is done. against metagross leads i set up rocks without taunting and switch to one of my several steel resists to get away from the deadly bullet punch.

jolteon @ pateya berry/leftovers
timid nature
volt absorb
252 sp att 252 speed

thunderbolt
hidden power ice
substitute
baton pass

this is bbqed ribs. one of my favorite pokes. he is to set up a sub and pass it away, often to one of my dancers to get a free dance in after dodging the earthquake. thunderbolt and hidden power both do a bit of damage when necessary and this jolt has been able to sweep for me. i like pateye for the ability to boost the likelyhood of a sweep. and does like to attract ground moves which are counterable by two pokes on my team. sub on the switch, baton pass the sub to a flier during the quake, and dance up while they switch or break the sub.

the dancers are...

gyarados @ (not quite sure yet, leftovers or life orb)
adamant nature
intimidate
252 att 252 speed

dragon dance
waterfall
earthquake
stone edge

one of two physical sweepers on the team. takes quakes like a champ and can get a boost from them as they switch out at the same time. sweeps very well and is hard to stop. intimidate softens physical hits and allows possible further boosts. attracts electric attacks which will heal my jolteon. great combo there.

and...

salamence @ life orb
adamant nature
intimidate
252 att 252 speed

dragon dance
dragon claw
earthquake
fire blast/outrage

second sweeper on the team. this is quite possibly the best sweeper in the game and can destroy teams that are unprepared. really enjoys subs from jolt, especially when theyre passes during a quake. not sure whether to use fire blast or outrage. i dont like the continuation of outrage, but i like the power. i do use dragon claw as the main attack for the lack of being locked on. very potent sweeper and a threat to many.

heatran @ choice specs
modest nature
flash fire
252 sp att 252 speed

overheat
earth power
dragon pulse
flamethrower?

the main special sweeper of the team. many switch to a resist to take the fire, especially those expecting a scarf version. with a flash fire boost he is able to do up to an estimated 60% to blissey and hurts others eaqually even with out the flash fire. very potent, has many resists that are important, and deadly. also takes an outrage from 1 dd mence for about 40% and revenges with ohko dragon pulse.

the last poke and best ass saver ever...
heracross @ choice scarf
adamant nature
guts
252 att 252 speed

close combat
megahorn
stone edge
pursuit

this guy has saved my ass several times. he has great coverage, strong attack, and is pretty dang fast. also, people dont se him as much of a threat anymore and dont prepare for his onslaught. he causes great damage and packs a couple resists that are handy, as well as status absorbing with guts.

this is my team, and i find it to be a good team. it is quite deadly and can win some battles. try it out, help me fix stuff, let me know how it is.

oddly enough, your team just flat out loses to cress / bliss / skarm switch in and out. When making an offensive team, one of the big concerns is to make sure you can at least take out defensive cores such as this (you also fall to odd cores such as Vaporeon / Gliscor / Swampert and a lot of ones involving Porygon2). I would offer 3 things, one is to change Jolteon -> Specs Jolteon. This provides much more power and coverage and I feel Petaya + SubPass just doesn't work well in a fast paced offensive team like this. Perhaps on a bulkier one but not this. Even without a Substitute, Gyarados and Mence should be able to sweep.

However, speaking of Mence, I really think you would benefit of having Gyarados as the lone DDer and Mence as a MixMence who can break through all previous mentioned cores. Gyarados should be the main anyway. With MixMence, you no longer have to worry about Skarmory and Celebi and Swampert and all of that stall shit beating you as they should all be weakened considerably switching into Mence.

Salamence @ Life Orb
Naive
216 Spa / 252 Spa / 40 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Outrage
- Fire Blast
- Brick Break / Earthquake

Try it out, if it doesn't work, switch back, but I feel that it will.

Just curious, but has SR been a big problem for your team? If so, I would also maybe consider throwing a SpinStarmie on there somewhere for some offensive attack, a decent bulky gyara counter, and a spinner.

Salamence @ Life Orb
Naive
216 Spa / 252 Spa / 40 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Outrage
- Fire Blast
- Brick Break / Earthquake

Try it out, if it doesn't work, switch back, but I feel that it will.

Just curious, but has SR been a big problem for your team? If so, I would also maybe consider throwing a SpinStarmie on there somewhere for some offensive attack, a decent bulky gyara counter, and a spinner.
I think he means 252 Speed.

Yes, it did appear to me that you may have a little trouble with stall. Mixmence should help you out a lot.

ok thanks for that. ya ill have to try mix mence out. i dont run into too many stall teams and those i do run into dont seem too much of a problem for me. actually...i dont think ive fought any stall with this team. as for specs jolt, no i dont like the idea. i already have 2 coice pokes, 1 with specs already. i think jolts fine. no i dont have rocks problems, aero usually is able to stop them. but mix mence might be a good idea. thanks for the tip ill try him out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)