Double Dog (suspect team)

Yeah, I saw a thread talking about non sub CM Raikou earlier today and decided I should revisit my old friend on the suspect ladder. He was integral to the first successful shoddy team that I created but as we all know the metagame (also, ever increasing chomp usage) pretty much passed him by. Suicune was another favorite of mine, and was on my first successful competitive team on my cart, the new speedcune sets that still keep surprising me inspired me to try for a two mythical dog team. Sorry Entei, I've got no love for you. Unown movie was the last pokemon movie I ever saw and it fucking sucked, but not as much as Entei's shitty movepool.

I've also never done a real rain team in OU so I decided to incorporate some elements from that to make a highly experimental team.

Bronzong, Sassy nature, 252hp/128sp. def/128def @ Damp Rock
Ability: Levitate
Rain Dance
Stealth Rock
Earthquake
Explosion/Hypnosis

Haven't decided whether I'll be running Hypnosis or Explosion yet, further testing is probably needed. This guy gets rocks up and rain going, he does ok in a world without DS-DS. Basic bronzong though, EQ over Gyro Ball for more coverage, especially against Magnezone.

Kingdra, Naughty nature, 252atk/168sp. atk/88spe @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
Draco Meteor
Waterfall
Return
Hidden Power (Electric)

All I have to say here is fucking ouch. He's hitting absolutely unholy speed with swift swim and raining down untold amounts of ruination with Draco Meteor and his almost unresisted water/normal offensive combination. Waterfall also gets a boost from rain so again, massive pain will be dealt out. HP electric kills the few things that will wall Waterfall/Return. He's also got a bit of bulk behind him even without EVs as well as an excellent defensive typing, which is always nice. This is a staple of any OU/BL rain team.

Ludicolo, Calm nature, 204hp/76sp. atk/124sp. def/104spe @ Leftovers
Ability: Swift Swim
Surf
Ice Beam
Rain Dance
Leech Seed

This is Ludicolo, he is from El Salvador and does not speak very much English; however he works for a nickle an hour, which is much cheaper than that fucking hooker Blissey. Supports with rain and leech seed to stop stallers, he also takes a lot of special hits. He even becomes a somewhat respectable offensive threat with rain up with acceptable 90 base Sp. atk and STAB+rain boosted surf. This set is taken straight out of the analysis.

Jirachi, Bold nature, 252hp/80def/176 sp. def @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
Rain Dance
Thunder
Hidden Power (Ground)
Wish

Rain and wish support Jirachi, taken out of the analysis as well. Some may say that three rain dancers is excessive but I like to be secure, that and two of them aren't holding damp rocks due to lefties recovery being needed. Also handles a lot of potential threats defensively due to its excellent typing. Thunder is a horrifically annoying move with giant paralysis rate with SG and 100%acc with rain. Hidden Power Ground is mainly there so Magnezone doesn't rape me, as SG thunder in the rain is already something that scares the living shit out of Heatran, who decidedly dislikes paralysis.

Raikou, Timid nautre, 252sp. atk/252spe/4hp @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Calm Mind
Thunder
Hidden Power (Ice)
Substitute (So much for non sub)

The idea of this set is similar to that of Speedcune, taking a traditionally slower and more methodical calm mind sweeper and having him come out of the corner swinging, laying down some devastating blows. I haven't tested this team much but I have had success with this virtually every time I've used it (except the time when Dugtrio came out of hiding and killed me, that sucked). STAB/LO/CM/rain Thunder is devastating against anything that isn't immune. I did decide to go with substitute over shadow ball simply because it cockblocks any status attempts and saves me against potential dugtrio switchins (which are getting more common due to Heatran being everywhere on suspect) due to the fact that Dugtrio can't survive a HP Ice.

Suicune, Timid nature, 172hp/120sp. atk/216spe @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Calm Mind
Surf
Hidden Power (Electric)
Ice Beam

Suicune has always been used as some sort of lumbering calm minded beast, sitting around and taking hits like nothing while getting stronger every turn. This set simply gets him a CM on the switch and he goes to town. He hits hard and he hits surprisingly fast, while retaining some of his legendary durability.

So, rate away, I know I have holes in this team, I just haven't been fighting enough to find them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)