SM RU Double Dragon Pure Offense (RU)

I'm sort of a noob, but I have had great experience with this team low-ladder.

Starting off, we have Cloyster.

Cloyster @ Focus Sash
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Razor Shell
- Explosion

I knew I wanted an offensive core starting with Cloyster. Water/Ice is an amazing typing on a cleaner like this. Shell Smash / Focus Sash guarantees free setup and Cloyster can just sorta win from there. Icicle Spear with 125 Base Power coming off a +2 Adamant Cloyster? Yikes. Razor Shell hits what Icicle Spear can't (barring Water) and still does good damage. Explosion makes for a quick and satifying end to any game.

I was thinking of a way to combat Water, so I decided on Dragalge. I know Grass would've been better, but hear me out.

Dragalge @ Choice Specs
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 48 HP / 252 SpA / 208 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Scald

If someone decided to redefine "destruction," Specs Adaptability Draglage would be a contender. Anything Draco Meteor touches dies. Inside Tailwind, it outspeeds and destroys up to maxed base 110s like Froslass and Espeon, who are often known as counters. Sludge Wave powers through a lot of the metagame and especially those pesky Fairies. Focus Blast is powerful coverage for Steel, and Scald can potentially burn, mitigating Dragalge's somewhat poor defense.

At this point, I knew I wanted something to get rid of rocks and hazards to let Cloyster reign free when it needs. I decided on the Defogger Flygon.

Flygon @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
Adamant Nature
- Defog
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge / Dragon Claw

Flygon, to be blunt, is one of the best Defoggers in RU. It resists rocks and is immune to the rest. It can Dragon Dance and wreck house after the fact, and it doesn't have bad stats, either. EdgeQuake is fun to play with, but with Chestnaught around, it's not hard to recommend Dragon Claw instead. Bonus: Defog makes Stone Edge hit 100% of the time.

Now, my team is still relatively slow unboosted. Let's do something about it. Let's throw in one of the fastest Pokemon in the meta.

Espeon @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest/Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psyshock
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Shadow Ball

The Nature is odd on my Espeon, since I run Modest 90% of the time. When I mentioned destruction earlier, I hadn't taken this into account. Psyshock and Psychic hits walls on either front needed. Dazzling Gleam guts Dark types qhich usually give Espeon trouble. Shadow Ball is for Bronzong, Modest Froslass, and other Ghosts if needed.

Seeing this team, it needs a scarfer. I decided on the one and only combat beetle.

Heracross @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Megahorn
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

We all know this set. Chip off resists of the chosen move, and then revenge kill for a Moxie boost. This set is feared for a reason. Megahorn and Close Combat are ridiculously powerful moves that can pick off weakened foes easily. EdgeQuake makes it impossible to resist Heracross's wrath, even without STAB.

Finally, I needed a rocker. I decided the best offensive rocker for this team was Aerodactyl, with its hight speed and access to Tailwind.

Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
Ability: Rock Head
Jolly Nature
- Tailwind
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge

Tailwind lets Dragalge really shine in its wallbreaking, and even patches up Cloyster and Flygon's shortcomings. Taunt makes this a great anti-lead and setup Pokemon, making the likes of Reuniclus and the occasional CM Rock Bronzong sad. We all know how useful Stealth Rock is, as it can easily make the difference between an OHKO and a 2HKO. Stone Edge is there for overall damage and is also Aerodactyl's best STAB.

So, any pointers?

Importable

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)