Double Dragon Rain Team

This is my first competitive team that I had success with. I have been using this team on Pokemon Showdown for a while now and it has had good success, but I want to improve it a bit. The team is named after the Wu Tang Clan for anyone who doesn't get the names.

Raekwon (Politoed) Choice Specs
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
-Surf
-Hydro Pump
-Ice Beam
-Focus Blast

Obviously crucial to this team as my weather setter however, Politoed is far from useless. With STAB and being boasted by rain and choice specs, Surf does a lot of damage to most Pokemon and often catches players who are expecting a more support oriented Politoed. The EV spread is to maximize bulk while still giving it plenty of power.

GZA (Latios) Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
-Draco Meteor
-Psyshock
-Surf
-Hidden Power Fire

Latios is here to inflict as much damage as possible, and it does its job well. Specs boasted Draco Meteor obliterates anything that doesn't resist it. It walled by Tyranitar though Draco Meteor will still do quite a bit of damage to it. Because of this I am considering replacing HP Fire with HP Fighting. Also works decently as a defensive pivot with average bulk, Levitate, and 6 resistances.

RZA (Kyurem-Black) @Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature (thinking about changing it to naughty)
-Fusion Bolt
-Outrage
-Dragon Claw
-Ice Beam

While not often seen as scarfed, Kyurem-B can run it well. I primarily use him as my late game sweeper which he does well. After the opponents team has been weakened, Kyurem-B can come in and finish Pokemon off. He is already so powerful that I don't miss the extra power from CB, and the Scarf overcomes his mediocre speed.

Ol' Dirty Bastard (Skarmory) Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
-Brave Bird
-Roost
-Stealth Rocks
-Whirlwind

Skarmory is probably the most important Pokemon on my team. He checks so many physical threats including just about every dragon. He works very well in the rain which helps with his weakness to fire. Some threats he checks like Garchomp and Tyranitar will run Fire Blast or Fire Fang to deal with Skarmory, but rain shuts them down. He also is my only defense again boasting sweepers and wracks up passive damage with Rocks + Whirlwind. I chose Stealth Rocks over spikes because I had no one else to set up rocks and I felt that rocks were more helpful to my team then Spikes.

Method Man (Jirachi) @Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
-Iron Head
-Ice Punch
-U-turn
-Trick

I usually lead with Jirachi, and he fill multiple roles on my team. He can cripple defensive Pokemon with Trick. He also can be used as a secondary defensive wall with his good typing and solid 100/100/100 defenses. Offensively he is good at wearing down fast frail Pokemon like Alazakam and Genagar with Iron Head, and is good at maintaining momentum with U-turn. He is also very effective late game when the opponent is weakened Jirachi can come and clean up with Iron Head and flinches.

Ghostface Killah (Toxicroak) Leftovers
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
-Drain Punch
-Ice Punch
-Sucker Punch
-Swords Dance

In the rain, Toxicroak becomes very bulky. Between Dry Skin, Leftovers, and Drain Punch he can recover a ton of HP and he has decent natural bulk to begin with. He helps me deal with most water types and is also useful for sponging toxic spikes. With Swords Dance and Sucker Punch he can sweep through people, though he is checked by a few Pokemon.

Thats my team. In the past I used to use Latias instead of Kyurem-B, but even though her bulk was good she didn't have enough power, and her and Latios were both special based. I like the double dragon idea because few teams can withstand both of them especially because Latios is special while Kyurem-B is physical. However, if anyone has a better idea for the second dragon I would consider changing it. I used to use Shell Smash Cloyster instead of Jirachi, and while he could be good, he was hit or miss. Cloyster won me a few games, but in many others he was almost useless. I also tryed Rotom-W, and while he was good he was a little to frail so I changed it to Jirachi. If anyone has any suggestions on how to make this team better I ould greatly appreciate them.

Skalaylee

I dont even realize everyone in my sig is being sarcastic
YOu have nothing that really abuses the rain maybe switch keldeo latios

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
252 Speed 252SpA 4 HP

-Surf/Hydro Pump
-Icy Wind
-Sacred Sword
-HP Ele/ HP grass

Replace Leftovers on Toxicroak with black sludge, which is basically leftovers for poison types. But if someone uses switcheroo or trick on you the pokemon reciving the black sludge will take damage each turn
On politoed choose either surf or hydropump, i would prefer hydro pump for an immence amount of damage. Give it a flex move like taunt, hidden power, psychic, hyper voice, or toxic. I know taunt and toxic are not viable moves on a choiced pokemon, but oh well
On Jirachi, You could replace ice punch with thunder, thunder getting 30% paralyz chance boosted to 60% with serence grace and 100% accuracy in rain. That would be a paraflinch strategy

YOu have nothing that really abuses the rain maybe switch keldeo latios

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
252 Speed 252SpA 4 HP

-Surf/Hydro Pump
-Icy Wind
-Sacred Sword
-HP Ele/ HP grass
I use that set with:
Secret Sword-Sacred Sword
Hidden Power Ele/Grass- HP Ground

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)