SV OU Double Ghost VERY SPOOKY!?!?! (1638 peak) also my first team :)

I made this team myself! (Gets clapped by any grass type) plz help me :)

I made a bet with my friend that I could get higher on the ladder than him in a week bc i was bored in my science class.

Idk how to make a team summary so imma just go over what i think is important

spooky!?!?! (Dragapult) @ Choice Band
Ability: Infiltrator
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Darts
- Tera Blast
- Sucker Punch
- U-turn

When Gen 9 OU released, I wanted to try out phys pult. This guy is our main tera user unless there is something else needs the tera like tera psn Ting-Lu. People assume that pult is specs but the surprise factor of phys pult is what makes it special. You can tera ghost to nuke Clodsire, Hatterene and Slowking if they assume it is specs and deal big damage to moon with a u-turn into dozo which walls it. This also checks weak armour cerulege with the darts hitting twice unless it is tera fairy. Sucker is just here for priority.

brrrrrr (Gholdengo) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Good as Gold
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Make It Rain
- Trick
- Tera Blast

Big G is here for a garg check unless tera water, then trick it Scarf helps outrun specs iron val. Gholdengo beats pult 1v1 unless it is phys. Tera Fighting helps with removing gambit and meow as people just think that i'll switch out with ghoul from meow and get a free knock but i'll just tera fighting and kill. Just a good pokemon in general. Helps Ting-lu keep up the hazards.

I LOVE CARTI (Hatterene) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 52 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Draining Kiss
- Psyshock
- Mystical Fire

Our second spa attacker, standard set nothing special here, can bounce back hazards or at least just the threat of it happening helps. Beats Gambit if they go for tera etc...

drake lover (Great Tusk) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Headlong Rush
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin

I hate glimorra. I'll gobble if i see it. I ran offensive gt bc our team needs one more pyhs attacker. also u-turn from pult to eq from tusk kills glimm all the time spin later ig. most ppl assume that tusk will be slower but i'm running max speed to headlong rush to kill cheese man. if its air balloon, then i'll just switch to ting to take the hit. tera fighing to give more power to it and to kill corv easier. most of the time i'll just tera ghoul or pult.

corn flakes (Ting-Lu) @ Leftovers
Ability: Vessel of Ruin
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Earthquake

i love how ting lu looks so i couldn't resist using it. gets rid of sub from orthrworm (shed is banned the day i made this) plz help for a change. a good hazard setter and also deals pretty good damage to gambit with its eqs. I think it is a 2 hko all the time.

what the john?? (Dondozo) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Unaware
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Avalanche
- Body Press
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

I hate setup sweepers (i'm looking at you roaring-moon and d-nite) just here bc of that avalanche helps kill both (if moon is tera flying) in order to kill d-nite, use body press first to trick them into thinking u screwed and break multi and then use avalanche when u think they gonna attack. if the d-nite is encore, just switch to ting and whirl. If moon is taunt then just avalanche and bp.

That my team, please help me improve my walls (and team) maybe amoongus to get some grass rizz.

here’s the paste https://pokepast.es/519d223e7f528362 if you gonna use it then try to change the defensive walls

Last edited:
Here’s a suggestion do the nickname than next to it wright the pokemons name in bracket like this
corn flakes (ting-Lu)
also here’s a tip do :Gen/Pokémon: then a big 3d sprite will appear
:sv/ting-Lu:
You don’t type the number of the Gen but the first letter of each version so scarlet and violet would be sv you have to add : in front
and end to
example:
:sv/ting-Lu:
corn flakes (Ting-Lu) @ Leftovers
Ability: Vessel of Ruin
Tera Type: Poison
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Earthquake

Last edited:
Gratz on the peak! Not bad for your first team ;)

So,
Grass, Ice, Ghost, Fairy. These moves EAT your team currently. This is something we should probably remedy. I know you like Ting-lu, but I am going to suggest a little switcheroo here. I would say to go (the unconventional route of) klefki. Hear me out...

Klefki can still act as a really good special wall and can still throw out hazards. However, I would then swap over your tusk to be a defensive WALL with rapid spin and rocks. It'll still hit like a truck, but can now take hits from trucks. I am suggesting 252hp/ 252atk but you can also go 252hp/ 252def and have two really solid defensive mons.

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 180 SpD
Bold
- Calm Mind
- Draining Kiss
- Thunder wave
- Spikes/ foul play

Klefki @ Leftovers/ Light clay
Ability: Prankster
Tera Type: Flying
Calm Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Foul play
- Spikes/ thunder wave

I threw out two sets to try and play with that might give you some luck and a little more pivotability.

Other than that...

Maybe swap sucker punch for psychic fangs but that's up to you. Sucker punch is probably better tbh.

I would trade tera blast on gholdengo for nasty plot and give it tera flying. You have a bulky tusk (with my suggestion above), that's your gambit counter.

If Dozo works it works.

ANYWAY. Use the suggestions, or don't. Idk. :)

Baloor

Tigers Management
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
PUPL Champion
hi, this is pretty close to complete imo, just needs a few set changes and a mon swap and you should be good to go (under the assumption we want minimal edits). my main issue with the team is mostly the dondozo slot. I don't like dozo on BO and the team lacks a ground immune. after some small tweaks, it should function decently enough as a bulky offense for at least what you're looking for.

major changes
:dondozo: -> :rotom-wash:

washer replaces dozo pretty decently, adding a water resistance that's also a ground immunity. I'm using spdef evs since I feel that it currently benefits running those the most. tera steel + twave + foul play for a few reasons. tera steel is nice into meows, valiant and dnite, letting you resist espeed, flower trick and moonblast respectively. twave helps slow down common speed controls like valiant, pult, and cinderace. foul play isnt the immediate option some people might think of for a 4th on rotom but i find when you're not running wisp, its very helpful into physical attackers. on this team in particular foul play really helps the dnite mu.

minor changes
:great-tusk: offensive -> bulky rocker

im changing tusk to bulky rocker to help improve the gambit the match up as well as opening a slot on ting lu so we can fit whirlwind on ting lu to help the fat mu. tusk is super straightforward so i dont feel the need to explain a whole ton. I'm leaning towards tera fire here to help against volcaronas and moonblast.

notes / super super small edits
-changing a few evs on hatt + making it sub cm stored power to give you a better fat gameplan. also helps vs garg.
-phantom force > tera blast on pult since you're going to most of time click ddarts anyway + tera dragon > ghost to boost darts
-tera flying gholdengo to have a back up game plan vs offensive tusk + helps vs fat. recover/np > tera blast. I prefer recover to just to give ghold some longevity in some mus it might need it in like vs valiant.
-whirlwind on lu > rocks to helps vs offense. mixed defenses to primarily to give a last-ditch option vs gambit but has some other uses in offense match ups as well.

:dragapult::ting-lu::gholdengo::rotom-wash::hatterene::great-tusk:
https://pokepast.es/7a7b013f06b706af

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)