SM Ubers Double-Z Webs (Peaked 1692 #37)

Introduction.

Hello, and welcome to my very first rmt! I had to build a team for the finals of a casual premier league (shoutouts to Joey, fpl was great) right after USUM came out and I really wanted to build with webs, since I thought that it became a lot better with USUM. W hen I started testing with the initial version of this team I instantly fell in love with it. I laddered to 1692 with it during practice for the tournament. I put down the team after I, unfortunately, lost with it in the finals of the tournament, but I picked it up again recently and made some changes to it and it is definitely one of, if not my favourite ubers teams I've ever built. With the current version my peak is 1684.

The Teambuilding Process.

The first Pokemon on the team will be Smeargle, since I'm building a Sticky Web team. Smeargle is the best Sticky Web user in the Ubers tier in my opinion, since it can put opposing Pokemon to sleep as well as paralyze them. The paralysis is especially useful when facing flying type Pokemon, since they aren't affected by sticky web and you can lower their speed this way instead. This is why I picked Smeargle over Shuckle.

The second Pokemon I put on the team is primal Kyogre. Primal Kyogre is a staple on sticky webs teams, since it puts a lot of pressure on the opposing team with it's strong attacks. Calm Mind and all-out attacker are both equally viable on sticky webs in my opinion, when I was building the team I put calm mind on it initially, but I changed this to all-out attacker when I had put the rest of my mons on the team.

The third Pokemon I put on the team was SD Groundceus. SD Groundceus has been my favourite Arceus forme since the beginning of sun/moon, but since the release of Marshadow, I have started to prefer support Arceus formes on balanced teams, since Marshadow can steal its attack boosts and reverse sweep. On Sticky Webs, however, I thought that it would be a perfect fit, since it outspeeds Marshadow under webs and ohkos it at +2, so Marshadow has no chances to steal its boosts.

The fourth Pokemon to be put on the team is Necrozma dusk-mane/ultra Necrozma. Necrozma dusk mane is the best new Pokemon to come out of USUM so I definitely wanted to use it on my new webs team. I decided on ultra Necrozma because I desperately needed some speed control when webs are gone. This did leave me with two Z-move users though, which isn't ideal on paper, but in most games I don't even notice I have two.

Next I went with a specs Yveltal. Specs Yveltal is one of my favourite Pokemon to use on offensive builds in sun/moon. It is very hard to wall while sticky webs is up, since two of its best counters in Arceus dark and fairy are outsped and 2hkoed by oblivion wing with a little bit of chip and rocks up. One of its other best counters is Magearna, which is beaten by every single mon on my team.

I went with a primal Groudon in the last slot, because, well, it's USUM Ubers, if you don't have a primal Groudon on your team you are putting yourself at a severe disadvantage. It is a great rocker on offensive teams like this. It also beats Xerneas passively, which my team is very weak to at the moment if Smeargle's sash is broken and Necrozma has already transformed into ultra Necrozma or has been chipped by earlier Moonblast switch-ins.

Set Details.

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nuzzle
- Spore
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock

This set kind of speaks for itself. Nuzzle is there to paralyze flying mons so their speed is lowered for later in the game, as well as being nice when taunted, so you aren't entirely a sitting duck. Spore is on the set because it is great to put slower Pokemon such as support Groudon (which can't be paralyzed either) to sleep to get up your hazards freely. Sticky Webs is here because, well, the entire team is based around sticky webs. I put rocks as the last move because I feel like Taunt and Magic coat are not really necessary. Magic Coat is nice vs a Deoxys lead to bounce back their taunt, but otherwise, I don't really see the appeal. Taunt is unnecessary in my opinion, because the Pokemon you want to taunt are faster than you anyway. Timid and 0 attack IVs are used despite running nuzzle, since Nuzzle doesn't really deal damage anyway, and you can switch more freely into a scarf Yveltal locked into Foul Play like this.

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Ability: Primordial Sea
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Water Spout
- Origin Pulse

- Thunder
- Ice Beam

All out attacking Primal Kyogre hits incredibly hard. I went with this set over Calm Mind because I already put two other setup sweepers on the team, in Necrozma and Groundceus. Max speed is used over a more bulky set to outspeed things like Mega Gengar and Mega Mewtwo Y under webs, as well as jolly Dusk mane outside of webs. Max special attack is used to deal as much damage as possible. Water Spout is a great move to spam when webs are up and the opposing Primal Groudon is gone, since it's usually stronger than Origin Pulse and cannot miss. Origin Pulse is your secondary stab for when Water Spout is weakened, and Thunder and Ice Beam are nice coverage options, for things like opposing Kyogre and Salamence/Rayquaza, respectively.

Arceus-Ground @ Groundium Z
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 Atk / 52 SpA / 204 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Ice Beam

This is the most unconventional set on the team. Swords Dance boosts Groundceus' attack to very high levels, so it can clean sweep teams with webs up. Earthquake is its most consistent physical stab, which also turns into Tectonic Rage with Groundium for a nuke. Stone Edge is nice coverage with Earthquake, hitting the entire tier for at least neutral damage, but this is all pretty standard. Ice Beam is where it gets interesting though, it's main use is as a Salamence/Rayquaza lure. This team is very weak to DD Pokemon such as the aforementioned, so if I can bait them in and kill them with this thing after having revealed Earthquake that is very nice. It can also bluff support sets if it is the first move used, such as when finishing off a damaged Yveltal. Lastly, it also makes it so that you do not have to use your Z-move on Zygarde-C, since Ice Beam 2hkoes. Naughty nature is used instead of naive because I don't see any worthwhile speed marks it hits with a +speed nature, except for mega Lucario outside of webs, but that Pokemon is very rare in the current metagame. The current speed stat outspeeds timid specs Yveltal and all of the tiers relevant scarfers with webs up. -Spdef is preferred over -Def in my opinion, to switch into precipice blades more comfortably. The rest of the EV's are dumped into special attack to more comfortably ko things like bulky mega Mence, Zygarde-C and weakened Yveltal. I had Substitute over Ice Beam initially, with the special attack EVs in HP and an adamant nature, but I didn't feel like I clicked it enough to justify its use. It does ease the matchup versus opposing webs a lot, but I rarely encounter that.

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Ultranecrozium Z
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Photon Geyser
- Sunsteel Strike
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

Swords dance ultra Necrozma is on the team to offer speed control when sticky webs cannot be kept up. Photon Geyser is it's strongest most spammable stab and it transforms into a nuke called Light that Burns the Sky with Ultranecrozium. Earthquake is one of the best coverage moves, hitting primal Groudon and opposing Dusk mane Necrozmas for super effective damage. Sunsteel Strike is here to hit Arceus fairy and Xerneas. It is also nice since it can bluff being regular Dusk mane by staying in Dusk mane form and clicking Sunsteel Strike repeatedly. This can bait in Marshadows who think it is safe to steal your boosts only for you to ultra burst and KO them with Photon Geyser. Stone Edge can be used over Sunsteel Strike to hit Lugia, Ho-oh, and Yveltal, which I prefered initially, but after I changed my primal Groudon set (which we will get to in a minute) I decided that Sunsteel Strike was the superior option, besides, you shouldn't stay in on Yveltal anyway if it hasn't revealed it's set yet. It is also the only countermeasure against Z-Xerneas on this team, which I got destroyed by in the finals of the premier league I talked about in the intro (I had Stone Edge over Sunsteel Strike during that battle).

Yveltal @ Choice Specs
Ability: Dark Aura
Modest Nature
- Oblivion Wing
- Dark Pulse
- Heat Wave
- U-turn

Like I said in my intro, modest specs Yveltal is my favourite offensive Pokemon in sun/moon, since it can demolish most teams with a couple right predictions. Dark pulse and Oblivion Wing are mandatory on every special Yveltal set, since they are both quite spammable stabs. Modest Oblivion wing 2hkoes most Xerneas sets even without rocks on the field, and deals heavy damage to support Arceus formes, while dark pulse can be spammed when the resists are gone, because it is also boosted by Dark Aura it hits significantly harder than Oblivion Wing. Heat wave is used to dent Magearna on the switch, since that is a very common switch-in to Yveltal, it does about 70%, leaving it vulnerable to dark pulses the next time Yveltal comes in. U-turn in used as a fourth move to gain momentum. I have tried a couple of moves in the fourth slot, such as foul play and defog, and while I found myself barely using any of them, U-turn can just be nice in certain situations to generate momentum as a midground play, when predicting is way too risky. It is a niche move but it felt like the most useful out of all the options.

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 252 SpA / 68 SpD / 188 Spe
Mild Nature
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Precipice Blades
- Eruption
- Stealth Rock

Primal Groudon is almost necessary on every non-stall Ubers team in the current meta, it just performs so many roles so well. On the initial team, and during the tournament match I talked about in my intro I ran a way more defensive Groudon set with Roar, Eruption, Precipice Blades and Stealth Rocks, with no investment in Special Attack and way more investment in HP and Spdef to take on regular geomancy Xerneas better. I ran the same speed on that set, since this is the speed needed to outspeed Mega Gengar under Sticky Webs. I changed it to a way more offensive set with max Special attack though, mainly to pressure support Arceus formes with defog, which could defog away my hazards freely on my initial Groudon set. It is also nice to have another great cleaner under sticky webs. Hidden Power Ice is used to hit Pokemon like Rayquaza, Salamence and Zygarde-C, which would otherwise hard wall a set like this. Precipice blades is taken over Earth power to revenge kill damaged Xerneas and deal heavy damage to Primal Kyogre and Eruption is taken to deal massive damage to most Pokemon while sun boosts its power, while outspeeding most things under Sticky Webs to minimize damage taken and thus maximize Eruptions damage output. Stealth rock is chosen as the fourth move to pressure Pokemon like Lugia and Ho-oh at all times, since they can be a pain with rocks gone from the field. I haven't tried rock polish yet in the fourth moveslot, but that seems like a decent option as well.

The Main Threats.

1. Offensive Flying types:

As we all know, flying types aren't affected by sticky webs, and thus these guys can run rampant through my team. Dragon Dance Rayquaza and Salamence sometimes win at team preview, if they are carrying the right moves. Yveltal is less of a threat, but when running life orb taunt it is a serious problem to deal with for this team.

2. Geomancy Xerneas

Which Hyper Offense team isn't weak to geomancy Xerneas. I have to keep my Dusk mane untransformed and Primal Groudon healthy to comfortably deal with this thing. With a little bit of chip on both of these there is a good chance that this monster of a Pokemon is sweeping through my team.

3. Steel types not weak to ground

Although not very common, these three wall my setup sweepers pretty comfortably, although Ferrothorn has to watch out for Tectonic Rage. My teammates can deal with them quite well, but since they are almost exclusively used on balance teams they usually have teammates that handle my teammates. Because of this I struggle to chip them down and I will usually never sweep with one of my physical sweepers if one of these is present.

4. Rock Polish Pokemon.

When rock polished up, these two outspeed my entire team, since they suddenly don't care about sticky webs anymore. With the right coverage and the right amount of chip they can sweep through my team in the late game with zero problems.

5. Pokemon that are faster than my team when sticky webs are gone.

When sticky webs are gone these Pokemon are a menace to deal with. When they come in they usually claim one since I do not have priority on this team and I'm running hyper offense, so I don't have any good switch-ins.

Conclusion

This is a very fun hyper offense team in the current meta that functions pretty nicely as well. I had a lot of fun writing my first RMT (it took a lot longer than I had expected though) and I hope you had some fun when reading it as well, and I especially hope you have some fun using my team yourself!

Proof of Peak

Sadly I do not have a screenshot of my absolute peak, but I do have one screenshot I took more recently where I am 1674, I have used this team for 95% of my matches on this alt.

Importable:

https://pokepast.es/7839de3af4eb5078

Last edited:
Heya man! Nice team u have there but i see a few problems in the structure as u lack of solid ways to take webs up and u will also have problems vs any sub sweeper or deos ho as u cant take take down hazards also waterceus can be really annoying. After this little open i think is time to give u some suggestions: First of all i would change a few smeargle set first of all because this pokemon will never have enought time to set both hazard secondly cause any sub swepper 6-0 ur team or create enought wholes for other pokemons (groundceus sub sword dance and sub ddance msala),so whirlwind over stealth rock is a nice option also i would consider rapin spin over spore as deos can set always stealth rock vs u and u cant switchout smeargle cause the rocks break focus sash.
Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Sticky Web
- Nuzzle
- Rapid Spin
- Whirlwind
Secondary excadrill and cloy ho can be annoying with rapid spin so my sugg is to change dusk mane to dawn wings as your team isnt really weak to xern and u put enought pressure to never give him a settup.
I would also suggest normal ceus instead of groundceus as it can abuse webs really well and also gives u a priority when that arent up and sub dance assure u some good matchup vs status spread teams
Arceus @ Leftovers
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Atk / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Claw
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
Another minor change i suggest is chinese pdon with rock tomb if no hooh balance will be something really annoying and i know u love specs yveltal but that give ur opp settup opportunity a similar set with life orb and taunt is less prediction based and can pressure better defog supportceus.
Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
EVs: 96 Atk / 224 SpA / 188 Spe
Mild Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Tomb
- Eruption
- Precipice Blades

Yveltal @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Taunt
- Heat Wave
Nice team in any case and may i helped u

Heya man! Nice team u have there but i see a few problems in the structure as u lack of solid ways to take webs up and u will also have problems vs any sub sweeper or deos ho as u cant take take down hazards also waterceus can be really annoying. After this little open i think is time to give u some suggestions: First of all i would change a few smeargle set first of all because this pokemon will never have enought time to set both hazard secondly cause any sub swepper 6-0 ur team or create enought wholes for other pokemons (groundceus sub sword dance and sub ddance msala),so whirlwind over stealth rock is a nice option also i would consider rapin spin over spore as deos can set always stealth rock vs u and u cant switchout smeargle cause the rocks break focus sash.
Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Sticky Web
- Nuzzle
- Rapid Spin
- Whirlwind
Secondary excadrill and cloy ho can be annoying with rapid spin so my sugg is to change dusk mane to dawn wings as your team isnt really weak to xern and u put enought pressure to never give him a settup.
I would also suggest normal ceus instead of groundceus as it can abuse webs really well and also gives u a priority when that arent up and sub dance assure u some good matchup vs status spread teams
Arceus @ Leftovers
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Atk / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Claw
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
Another minor change i suggest is chinese pdon with rock tomb if no hooh balance will be something really annoying and i know u love specs yveltal but that give ur opp settup opportunity a similar set with life orb and taunt is less prediction based and can pressure better defog supportceus.
Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
EVs: 96 Atk / 224 SpA / 188 Spe
Mild Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Tomb
- Eruption
- Precipice Blades

Yveltal @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Taunt
- Heat Wave
Nice team in any case and may i helped u
Heya, Thanks for the rate!
I like your suggestions regarding smeargle and groudon, and I will try them out.
I am on the fence though as to the arceus forme change. I really dislike ekiller without sub in the current metagame, but I will try it regardless.
The necrozma change is questionable as well in my opinion, since dawn wings typing is signifcantly worse than dusk manes, and if i make this change my team is suddenly very weak to scarf xerneas. I don't think I will try this out but I'll see.

Edit: whoops forgot the yveltal change. Yes that's good as well, lo yveltal is probably better than specs in the current metagame, but specs just feels a lot better to use. taking life orb everytime you click dark pulse and they switch in their xerneas or hooh or something is shit, I just don't like that. Of course I can predict with oblivion wing but that is risky in a lot of cases.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)