Welcome to the inaugural Doubles Classic! The commencement thread for this tour can be found here, with details on scoring and the playoffs that will follow the conclusion of these three cups.
- This is a standard BW Doubles OU tournament. (see the BW DOU metagame thread for various resources)
- This tournament will be Single Elimination.
- Rounds will be Best of Three. You may switch teams in between battles of the same set.
- Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown!
- To encourage the development of the metagame, and so that everyone is on an even playing field, all matches must have replays recorded. Only games shown in a replay will be counted.
- If you are found signing up under more than one alt, you will be banned from circuit events for life.
- Activity calls will be made by me, potentially with neutral assistance from a TD / the other Doubles Classic hosts. Coin flips will be done on PS!
- Endless Battle Clause: Anything capable of intentionally creating an endless battle is banned.
- Evasion Abilities Clause: Players cannot use a Pokemon with the Sand Veil or Snow Cloak Ability.
- Evasion Moves Clause: Players cannot use the moves Double Team or Minimize.
- Moody Clause: Players cannot use a Pokemon with the Moody Ability.
- OHKO Clause: Players cannot use the moves Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, or Fissure.
- Sleep Clause: Players cannot put two Pokemon on the opposing team to sleep.
- Species Clause: Players cannot use two Pokemon with the same Pokedex number on the same team.
- Swagger Clause: Players cannot use the move Swagger.
Players cannot use the following Pokemon:
In addition to the moves restricted in the above clauses, players cannot use the following moves:
- Dark Void
Players cannot use the following item:
- Soul Dew
Stratos vs. SMB
Ezrael vs. MetalGro$$
The complete bracket may be viewed at your leisure at https://challonge.com/themonodragonbandwagon.
The deadline for top 4 is Sunday, July 19th at 11:59 PM Eastern time (GMT-4).