Doubles Community Create-a-Team (Fourth Member Submission)

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
gonna vote for electrolyte's scarf lando-t, I think the offensive pressure it provides is rly helpful especially because if it's next to liepard you can't even use protect against it thanks to encore. n_n

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I don't like picking Lando-T here as it basically forces 2 of our next 3 teammates to be ground-immune and I don't think a scarfer actually synergizes well at all with the disruption Liepard (and Breloom) brings.

Just a reminder that I'm closing voting in roughly 12 hours. Make sure to get your votes in! It'd really suck to add a new member with only 2 votes...

Stratos

Banned deucer.
mega manectric

landot cant capitalize on free turns and doesnt work well with the grounded pokes we got goin on

Ok. It was kinda few votes, but I guess 5.5 is enough I guess to say that Mega-Manectric is our next team mate. Today, as it was last week, is discussion. What kind of support does Manectric need to function well? What kind of support does it bring to the table? The goal of today is to understand what this team will need in broad terms. Will a bulky water and Fire type be used so we can get a FWG core? Do we want a tail wind setter? All these questions and more can be discussed today.

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
well we need something for Scarf Landorus-T, which outruns Megatric et al and can atm just spam EQ pretty freely after it's U-Turned around and broken sashes. I don't want a scarfer tho... cuz we're also susceptible to some stuff like Amoonguss and SubTran, even with Liepard. So Tailwind could be one way around Lando-T. But I'mma propose this:

Deoxys-S @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 56 Atk / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Naive Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Ice Beam
- Superpower
- Protect

Outruns scarf genesect, and by extension scarf lando-t
hits things harder than you think cuz LO
fits the general theme of being bad

Last edited:
Hoping to get a little more discussion going here. While I don't want to submit something, I'm more than happy to give some ideas. Two things that I think this team should have are attack control (intimidate and WoW) for when swagger's confusion wears off, and a set up sweeper who can capitolize on all of the free turns the current team provides. Sleep and paralysis are nice to have for buying free turns, and Volt Switch can be used to get momentum and a free switch. Whatever we use should have either Dragon Dance or Quiver Dance so it can outspeed Lando-T after a boost so lando won't want to be switching in much. Just some thoughts to get some more submissions rolling.

Volcarona is a decent choice for a set up sweeper. Decent speed (100) with access to quiver dance allows it to outrun all lando-t variants after just one quiver dance, and great attacking moves like heat wave, overheat, and bug buzz with a great Special Attack to back them up (135). Volcarona is great if you want the power of Charizard Y without taking up your mega slot.

can someone explain to me what's so special about foul play liepard + breloom?!
I'm not entirely sure myself, but it's good for disruption, so that's what we're doing with it. But can people submit some sets and such to vote on. Today's usually the voting day, but no ones submitted anything to vote on yet. I'd like to close this at the end of the day so we can have a day to vote, but we can't vote if there's nothing to vote on.

Oh yeah, forgot to submit my volc set.

Volcarona @ Life Orb
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Bug Buzz
- Quiver Dance
- Protect

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)