Tournament Doubles Derby I - Finals [Won by Red Spect Redemption]

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaori

Fully Automated Gay Space Communism
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
DPL Champion
Last edited:

kaori

Fully Automated Gay Space Communism
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
DPL Champion
Congratulations to the Red Spect Redemption for winning the inaugural Doubles Derby! Thanks to all the managers for a smooth tournament and the players for putting on excellent performances all around. Biggest shoutout goes to my cohost ryo yamada2001 for assisting with hosting this and being especially amazing the weeks I wasn't able to help much. I hope everybody involved had a good time, see you again next year!

Hugo

Rain Main (+2 GMT)
is a Tiering Contributor
Its kinda weird to think that derby just ended a couple of hours or so ago but it really was a blast and I think it wouldn't be more then fair for me to thank my team and congratulate our finals opponents.

Congratz Specs, a much deserved win and a very tense finals that certainly didn't disappoint in action, enjoy the win and have a good one and I hope to see you all in future tours <3
GenOne robjr Mizuhime Grandmas Cookin Enzonana. fespy Actuarily Iceberg77 fespy Toxinalpaca spellcaster Hys

But ofcoure more importantly the shout-outs to my own team:
First of all a big big thanks to my co-manager eragon11145 with who I did this little derby adventure, trust me bro when I say that it was a blast managing with you and this is certainly not the last the smogon university is gonna see from the Eragon Hugo combo and I also ofc gotta touch on more then just the managing part because you put down a very respectable 4-1 in natdex and dou which is certainly worth noting. Normally id say more here but most likely we will just record a vid in a day or 2 or something so its not really a goodbye thanks post in that regard (new vid comming soon)
ill be honest, as a dubers main I wasn't to sure about slotting someone else in dubers but you certainly showed me wrong off the rip in week 1 and the whole tour after where you put down a score of 5-1. I really was happy to have you on the team and if I ever am in the position again where I need to draft a Dubers player I know who to look for. Again as someone who is a Dubers main it really was a treat to see you play the tier and see the teams you cooked up, I hope you had a great tour and I hope to see you again somewhere on a team in the future Yuichi
man eragon really knew what he was doing when he bought you, he stepped in early and bought the then future OSDT champ for just a mere 12.5k (bargain). While I could ofc praise you for your excellent building and playing skill I think you already know that so instead I wanna mainly thank you (don't get me wrong im also def thanking you for said excellent building and playing skill) the great atmposhere you brought into the team, an aspect that imo and experience is always a bit overlooked, its a team tour after all where maybe half of the skill needed in that is social skill. Again your (I hate to use the word but im not well versed enough in english to think of better alternatives) vibe and presence was great and always funny or positive and I wanna thank you for that <3 Feyy
Honestly I had no idea that you played ADV but I did regonize your name from the start of gen 9 2v2 (who knew that was ever gonna be relevant) and I thought why not so I DMed you with some questions related to ADV and I thought and hoped I found an underground bargain and I was right, we got you for 3k in a pretty competitive pool and you really did just way outpreform your price and punched way above your weight (or atleast the weight the price would suggest) While my own ADV knowledge is very limited I did try my best to support you as best as I could and I hope it helped. Honestly I actually really did enjoy testing and prepping with you, you always had some cool pokemon or tech and your teams where imo always great and even tho the team didn't show all of its potential I still think that your finals team is the best ADV team to ever be made! Again you brought a great atmosphere into the team and I did really enjoy having you on my team and luckily enought I don't have to say goodbye to that plessure since you are also now on our UMPL team and im really happy to have you there <3 PandaDoux
Im afraid we haven't interacted as much as I would like which is mainly because of timezones and DPP (my knowledge and experience for DPP are mainly from playing battle revolution on my old wii) but from what ive experienced you really seem like a great guy and I hope we will meet again soon on a new team! DaAwesomeDude1
The 2nd time we are on a team together and I first met you during the DPL when we were both on the Lands and back then we really did build, play and test a lot together and I got to know you a bit and I always admired your team spirit and great energy and you also definitely brought that into this team again. I will always enjoy interacting and playing mons with you and it was great to have you on the team again. Even though you didn't really have your season in here ik how good you really are so please don't feel to bad about the score, we all have those moments (I have them around 50% of the time) I am sure this won't be our last team tour together and im looking forward to our future team tours! <3 MADARAAAA
Again im afraid I didn't interact with you as much as I wouldve liked but never the less what I did see and hear from you only showed a great attitude and a great team spirit and thats something I always admire in people, and you even got me (slightly) intressted in DLC which might not sound like much but trust me thats a huge achievment haha, thanks for all the work you put in for the team, thanks man Acehunter1
Honestly man you really are in my top 5 of favourite players, just like Madaraaaa we met during DPL on the Lands and even back then I thought you where the funniest guy on the team and (no offense to the others on the team) you also were that this time. You just always bring so much energy into the team and contribute so much to the team spirit and atmosphere which is something I really appriecate. Something I consider the highest praise one can give is to say that someone is unapologetic himself and is full of colour and personallity which is a praise you deserve several times over <3 You really just do lift (for me atleast) the whole team spirit up. I also never know why you go for so cheap since you always outpreform your price, imo you should go for 3x your current price but one thing is for sure, when I manage again where there is a tier you play you can def rely on me to try and get you. Go Europe Nephtyrix
Again an old team mate from DPL (we are bassicly rocking budget lands here) Bro its always a treat to have you on the team and you know I mean that. Even tho you didn't have the best of seasons in here you did effortlessly support everyone on the team who you could support and I think thats really admirable and underapriciated. Normally I could go for a bit longer but you know im always happy to team up with you man and you def should come on the podcast sometime soon <3 AIRedzone
im afraid I don't know you to well but ive heard from everyone that you are one of the nicest people out there in the dou community and so far I can back that up from my experience with you, again im afraid we didn't speak that much but I can only speak good things about you and im happy you were on the team, thanks man NinjaSnapple
this one feels a bit weird to write because for those who don't know Despacito87 and I are very good friends even to the point that we buy eachother a gift on the others birthday so this feels kinda pointless to write because most likely I speak with him somewhere tomorrow since he is again a very good freind of mine but he is also my UMPL co-host but then again it wouldve been a bit weird to thank everyone and then leave him out, there is one term to describe us perfectly imo and that is that we are a combo meal, he is the sandwhich and im the drink
And ofcoure I owe my thanks to all the great helpers that joined us on our little derby adventure and gave the team some great energy and spirit with a lot a fun. So hereby I wanna thank all the helpers who did help us and in particulair I wanna thank our OG supporters and helpers sir jelloton (official fellow rain enjoyer and guy with a lot of style), Rayenith who brought a great vibe into the team, KeanuGrindingArc who also did bring a lot of energy into the team (something that is hard to emphasize how important that is in a team tour), Schister (the great artist who made the goatest of goated pictures of all time), Perplexer, Lemurro, Lily (I hope I tagged the right one), YoBuddy and piranaplant (sorry idk what your smog is), im sorry if I forgot anyone here but im getting pretty tired haha so please forgive me if I forgot you but know that I appriciate you never the less. All of these great people uplifted the mood, energy and all the other important social aspects that are part of a team tour like no other and to me you are fully part of the team :)

In conclusion even though we did not win the tour we still ended 2nd which im very happy about and I wouldn't have done a thing diffrent,I wouldve still drafted all of you

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)