VGC Doubles full trick room

I just need some help finishing up the team, but also to improve it overall. I've wanted to make a full trick room team, because although semi TR is a reasonable play, I just personally prefer committing to a single style. I also just like to try something a bit different!

Stakataka @ Rockium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Lonely Nature
IVs: 15 Def / 0 Spe
- Rock Slide
- Gyro Ball
- Trick Room
- Protect
I had the team built around stakataka: the nature and IV spread ensures a beast boost into attack, which I think is more important than a defensive boost. It does make him a bit frailer, but more on that in a second. The moves are fairly standard. I've chosen to go with rockium-z, because it gives me a move that can bypass wide guard, and allows me to net the first KO to start a beast boost sweep if needed.

Tapu Bulu @ Assault Vest
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Wood Hammer
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Nature's Madness
I thought bulu would be a good pairing with stakataka: he reduces the ground weakness to earthquake via terrain, covers the water weakness offensively by being a strong grass type. I've gone with assault vest because a) my z-crystal was taken up and b) between grassy terrain, horn leech and assault vest he's quite tanky!

Cresselia @ Mental Herb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Trick Room
- Moonlight
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
My backup trick-room setter. Cresselia is a great addition to the side, she can switch into ground and fighting moves aimed at stakataka, and is a more supportive TR setter. i've gone with ice beam because it provides some needed coverage against dragons, lando-T, etc. Psychic for a STAB, and moonlight for recovery and to set TR later in the game. I've considered protect or helping hand in this slot, but I think moonlight is the best option (despite weather disruption). She's got a calm nature instead of bold because that's what I've got on my game and i've rolled with it.

Camerupt-Mega @ Cameruptite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Nature Power
- Protect
I decided i needed a mega, so I've gone with camerupt. Provides some ground coverage that isn't weakened by grassy terrain, so I don't need to worry about that. I've gone with camerupt because he provides some strong special attacking power, removing intimidate problems. heat-wave for spread, nature power for energy ball from my own terrain, or other moves depending on the opponent. Protect because protect.

This is sort of where I'm up to at this point. While i'm happy with the 4 pokemon i've got so far, I'd be looking to obviously fill the rest out. I'm quite determined to keep the stakataka/bulu core, but camerupt/cresselia i'm a little more open about. I've got a mega-ampharos, but he seems to lack coverage and utility most of the time. Mega-mawile is an excellent pokemon, especially with intimidate as the pre-mega ability. However, I haven't yet bred one, and he doesn't offer the same diversity in coverage, and being another physical attack, makes me a little concerned. Replacing camerupt makes me vulnerable to amoonguss, which i'm not too keen on.

Conkeldurr is a consideration, and i'm looking at a moveset with hammer arm, ice punch, poison jab and protect. This covers more typing and gives me a solid way to deal with fairies. Alternatively scrafty is an option for fakeout support, with utility in knock off and ice punch. Hitmontop is also there, with plenty of priority moves (including fakeout) and either intimidate or technician to help the team defensively or offensively. Speaking of fakeout, Hariyama is considered but i don't find him bulky enough..

Very strange suggestion, but i'm also considering replacing cresselia with slowbro if the team needs some changing up. Snorlax is also a powerful option, but I don't want to compound too many fighting weaknesses into my team. I would really appreciate any help with finishing the team, with opinions more than welcome :)

Araquanid is really good on full room teams and completes a fwg core. This gives you two water resists (good against rain) and two fire resists. I'd move the Z move to it, though, and give Stakataka Chople berry mitigating both of its quad weaknesses under grassy terrain. A 252/252 brave should do well enough. Wide Guard is really easy to fit on its moveset.

For the last mon you could use Intimidate support, FO, etc. Hitmontop would be good for this. Has access to Feint, Helping Hand, etc. I personally like the set found in Eisen's VGC Factory, '18 edition.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)