ORAS Doubles OU Doubles Hailroom team

Abomasnow- Mega Cresselia Walrein Rhyperior mamoswine mew

So I know everyone says that hail teams are invalid, but I decided to try it anyway and had a lot of success so far by combining it with trick room. my team consists of Abomasnow (obviously), Cresselia, Walrein, Rhyperior, mamoswine, and mew.

Abomasnow- mega @ Abomasite
Ability: Snow warning
EV's: 78 Hp/ 78 Def/ 252 Sp. Atk./ 100 Sp. Def.
Quiet Nature
-Blizzard
-Hidden Power Fire
-Energy Ball
-Protect

One of the most important parts of the team, abomasnow switches in to start the hail after trick room is set up, then spams blizzard. In hail, it auto-hits both opponents and does massive damage most of the time. Once I get walrein or mamoswine in there, my opponents turns start with both of their pokemon taking blizzard twice. It sweeps right through most things that aren't resistant, and some that are. Hidden power fire is there to deal with steel and bug like scizor and metagross, and energy ball is obvious. this pokemon is surprisingly bulky and hits very hard. Mega Scizor bullet punch doesn't even 2hko it. fire and sometimes flying are the only things that put much of a dent in it.

Cresselia @ Safety goggles
Ability: levitate
EV's: 192 Hp/ 100 Def/ 116 Sp. Att./ 100 Sp. Def.
Modest Nature
-Trick Room
-Psychic
-Moon Blast
-Lunar Dance

Cresselia starts the match with a trick room to get my big, fat ice types up and going. Its bulk makes it relatively difficult to take down before it gets one off, safety goggles increase longevity in hail, levitate protects from mamoswine's earthquake, and Sp. Att. EVs make it able to take out fighting types, which can otherwise be pretty hazardous to this team. Lunar dance just in case. Bringing Walrein or Mega Abomasnow back from the brink of death can change the course of the match.

Rhyperior @ Hard stone
Ability: lightning rod
EV's: 252 Att/ 252 Sp. Def
Brave Nature
-Rock Slide
-Hammer arm
-Poison Jab
-protect

Rhyperior starts off the match in front with cresselia. He is perceived as enough of an offensive threat that he gets targeted before cressellia a lot of the time. His purpose is A. to distract opponents from Cresselia, and B. to take out threats against my ice types. Under trick room he does this very well. Rock slide takes out charizard y and talonflame, and well as other flying or fighting types. hammer arm takes care of rock/steel types and heatran, and poison jab gets rid of fairies. This thing is absurdly strong under trick room, and it takes electric attacks for walrein as well. It's biggest weaknesses are water and grass, which abomasnow is resistant to, so I either protect on turn one or switches to abomasnow, who will take water or grass with ease.

Walrein Leftovers
Ability: ice body
EV's: 252 Hp/ 128 Def/ 128 Sp. Def.
Quiet Nature
-Blizzard
-Hail
-Aqua Ring
-Protect

Great support for Abomasnow. Double blizzard in hail is brutal. slow enough with 0 speed IV to go first in trick room. Hail just to get it back up if abomasnow faints, or so I don't have to switch him in and out. Aqua ring completes his healing power. He gets healing from hail/icebody, leftovers and aqua ring every turn. It really works well with protect stalling. Walrein Is bulky enough to survive thunderbolt consistently, and heals back a lot of the damage.

Mamoswine @ Icy rock
Ability: thick fat
EV's: 252 Att/ 252 Sp. Def.
Relaxed Nature
-Blizzard
-Icicle Crash
-Hail
-Earthquake

Mamoswine isn't very sturdy, but he resists fire pretty well with thick fat, Hits hard, and in trick room he goes first. Blizzard as a back up for Abomasnow or Walrein if one faints. Icicle crash because he's a physical attacker, and it works well without hail. Hail is obvious. Earthquake takes out fire and rock types instantly. I switch him in to take electric attacks for walrein as well. icy rock to extend hail

Mew Lum Berry
Ability: Synchronize
EV's: 252 Sp. Att/ 252 Spe
Timid Nature
-Trick Room
-flamethrower
-aura sphere
-scald

Mew is a backup trickroomer, and a non ice type sweeper especially for when trick room is not in play. Not much more to say about this one.

This is my first post here, and I'm not sure how to put pictures in this, so please forgive me if this looks really bland. Anyway, rate my team!

Subjugator

Banned deucer.
Hey Sigran . Your team is not looking very good, I'm not going to lie. Many of your Pokemon are simply unviable, and don't make use of Trick Room or Hail, and worst of all, it has gapping weaknesses letting you get cleanly 6-0d by Bisharp. However, nothing is unsalvageable, so I will rate your team.

And, this should go without saying, but this forum is for Standard OU only. This team is implied to be Doubles OU, and such, it doesn't belong here.

• The presence of Mew on this team is almost completely useless. Mew is way too fast to take advantage of Trick Room, and to make things worse, you have it invested in Speed, effectively hindering its own viability. However, I think that you should try Reuniclus>Mew because of the fact that Reuniclus takes no damage from Hail and can be a great wincon if you want to slowly accumulate Calm Mind boosts, setup Trick Room, then sweep the opposing team.
  • Beyond this, many of your Pokemon's EV Spreads are not optimal to take advantage of Trick Room. For instance, your spread on Rhyperior should be 252 HP /252 Atk / 4 Spd with a Life Orb to hit as hard and bulky as possible. Since this is not a Sand team nor do you carry an Ass, I don't see any point in you investing in Special Defense. Your spread on Mamoswine should be 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def with a Brave Nature to take better advantage of Mamoswine's Attack. In addition, it should be running coverage such as Rock Slide over Blizzard due to Mamoswine's low Special Attack.

• If you take one quick look at this team and deduce that Mega Charizard Y is a massive threat to this team. Mega Abomasnow is quickly dispatched, and Rhyperior will die before it can get a chance to use Rock Slide. Mamoswine, Walrein and Mew won't be much help either. Well obviously if Trick Room is up Rhyperior can very easily beat Mega Charizard Y, but if forever reason Cresselia is OHKO'd before it can use Trick Room, you might as well forfeit, as absolutely nothing else on your team can beat it. Because of this, I suggest Heatran>Walrein due to it walling bulky Grass types that walk over this team as well as beating Mega Charizard Y.
Tl;dr
->

(change moveset)
(change moveset)
->

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 152 HP / 36 Def / 252 SpA / 68 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Trick Room
- Protect

Rhyperior @ Life Orb
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch
- Protect

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Brave Nature
- Ice Shard / Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Protect / Hail

Heatran @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 56 HP / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon / Hidden Power [Rock]
- Protect / Hidden Power [Rock]

Quiet Nature
- Blizzard
- Giga Drain
- Ice Shard
- Protect

Cresselia @ Expert Belt
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 12 Def / 228 SpA / 16 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power Ground
- Trick Room

Rhyperior @ Life Orb
Brave Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch
- Protect

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
Brave Nature
- Ice Shard / Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Protect / Hail

Heatran @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
Quiet Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Trick Room
- Protect

Additionally, the Doubles OU subforum is probably where you want to go from here. Have a good day, and good luck on your future endeavors!

Idyll

my favorite poem was the one i read to youuuuuuuuu
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
The actual correct place isn't the Doubles OU subforum @ the above, it's the ORAS Other Teams section which can you can reach by clicking here.

As for the team itself, it doesn't look viable. While HailRoom as a playstyle in Doubles OU is actually a decent pick (nobody says it's invalid), the way you executed it with this team isn't ideal or proper. The sets you used aren't really that good (Mew, Rhyperior) and you also used some questionable picks for Pokemon such as Walrein and Mamoswine. In addition, the team has numerous gaping weakness, including one to Mega Charizard Y, which is something you should've deftly prepared for but failed to. There's not much most can do without reworking it entirely.

Don't get discouraged though! There are plenty of resources of available that can help you improve as a builder. One of these are the numerous analyses we have for Doubles OU that you can find through the SmogDex or the index we have on-forum. Another resource available to you are the numerous threads listed on the DOU General Resources Thread. Lastly, you can just ask around on the PS! Doubles Room for some general tips and advice :)!

good luck :heart:

e @ below: aboma's decent but w/e

Last edited:

Subjugator

Banned deucer.
Memoric Just so you know, I didn't post that link with intentions of showing him the correct place to post an RMT of this type. I was showing where he could go to learn more about Double OU (since to be frank, his team isn't very viable and he could stand to learn more about the tier).

In conclusion, Hail just isn't viable this generation and I encourage you to take a different route in battling.

Hey Sigran . Your team is not looking very good, I'm not going to lie. Many of your Pokemon are simply unviable, and don't make use of Trick Room or Hail, and worst of all, it has gapping weaknesses letting you get cleanly 6-0d by Bisharp. However, nothing is unsalvageable, so I will rate your team.

And, this should go without saying, but this forum is for Standard OU only. This team is implied to be Doubles OU, and such, it doesn't belong here.

• The presence of Mew on this team is almost completely useless. Mew is way too fast to take advantage of Trick Room, and to make things worse, you have it invested in Speed, effectively hindering its own viability. However, I think that you should try Reuniclus>Mew because of the fact that Reuniclus takes no damage from Hail and can be a great wincon if you want to slowly accumulate Calm Mind boosts, setup Trick Room, then sweep the opposing team.
  • Beyond this, many of your Pokemon's EV Spreads are not optimal to take advantage of Trick Room. For instance, your spread on Rhyperior should be 252 HP /252 Atk / 4 Spd with a Life Orb to hit as hard and bulky as possible. Since this is not a Sand team nor do you carry an Ass, I don't see any point in you investing in Special Defense. Your spread on Mamoswine should be 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def with a Brave Nature to take better advantage of Mamoswine's Attack. In addition, it should be running coverage such as Rock Slide over Blizzard due to Mamoswine's low Special Attack.

• If you take one quick look at this team and deduce that Mega Charizard Y is a massive threat to this team. Mega Abomasnow is quickly dispatched, and Rhyperior will die before it can get a chance to use Rock Slide. Mamoswine, Walrein and Mew won't be much help either. Well obviously if Trick Room is up Rhyperior can very easily beat Mega Charizard Y, but if forever reason Cresselia is OHKO'd before it can use Trick Room, you might as well forfeit, as absolutely nothing else on your team can beat it. Because of this, I suggest Heatran>Walrein due to it walling bulky Grass types that walk over this team as well as beating Mega Charizard Y.
Tl;dr
->

(change moveset)
(change moveset)
->

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
Quiet Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Trick Room
- Protect

Rhyperior @ Life Orb
Brave Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch
- Protect

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
Brave Nature
- Ice Shard / Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Protect / Hail

Heatran @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power

Quiet Nature
- Blizzard
- Giga Drain
- Ice Shard
- Protect

Cresselia @ Expert Belt
EVs: 252 HP / 12 Def / 228 SpA / 16 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power Ground
- Trick Room

Rhyperior @ Life Orb
Brave Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch
- Protect

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
Brave Nature
- Ice Shard / Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Protect / Hail

Heatran @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
Quiet Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Trick Room
- Protect

Additionally, the Doubles OU subforum is probably where you want to go from here. Have a good day, and good luck on your future endeavors!
Thanks for all the helpful advice! This all looks great except for one thing. The biggest advantage of hail is blizzard, and double blizzard is the core of the team. Walrein's triple healing with protect stalling has saved me more than a few times. As such I'd prefer to keep it in. Any ideas on how best to do that?

Subjugator

Banned deucer.
Thanks for all the helpful advice! This all looks great except for one thing. The biggest advantage of hail is blizzard, and double blizzard is the core of the team. Walrein's triple healing with protect stalling has saved me more than a few times. As such I'd prefer to keep it in. Any ideas on how best to do that?

• If you must, you can opt to keep Walrein on your team, after you explained that a Double Blizzard core is the star of your team. However, by keeping it on the team, please understand that your team once again has a huge weakness towards Grass types. Because of this, you may have to either change Mamoswine's moveset so it is an All-Out-Attacker, or shift the focus from Trick Room, allowing you to have extra space to add Talonflame, which instantly rids of your Grass Problems.

• If you must, you can opt to keep Walrein on your team, after you explained that a Double Blizzard core is the star of your team. However, by keeping it on the team, please understand that your team once again has a huge weakness towards Grass types. Because of this, you may have to either change Mamoswine's moveset so it is an All-Out-Attacker, or shift the focus from Trick Room, allowing you to have extra space to add Talonflame, which instantly rids of your Grass Problems.
I do think heatran is a great addition to the team, but I've never found much use for mamoswine very often. Maybe since he doesn't even benefit from hail I'll switch him for heatran and let rhyperior deal with fire and electric types, unless there's a reason not to do that.

I think you're kind of missing the point of a TR team here. TR teams like to have Pokemon that hit as hard as possible and put as many dents in the opponents team as possible while TR is up to make cleaning up easier once it's gone. Stalling your own TR turns (and Hail turns) by spamming protect and Aqua Ring with Walrein is the last thing that you want to do.

Having a core of mons with similar defensive typings and offensive coverage is difficult to build around and as Subjugator, leads to the team being very weak to a certain type. If it was me I'd probably chose one or the other, blizzard spam with another form of speed control or full TR, both with Mega Abomasnow. I saw this core in the this thread which I used to climb the lower end of the ladder which you could try. It's cool to use some lesser used mons, but the fact that they're much frailer than you seem to be used to might be a turn off.

Abomasnow @ Abomasite
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Blizzard
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Protect

Darkrai @ Life Orb
Ability: Bad Dreams
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Focus Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Protect

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Blizzard
- Hydro Pump
- Rock Slide
- Protect

If you're determined to keep the TR aspect of the team, I would say Subjugator's updated team is a pretty good looking place to start. If you must use Walrein that's fine but just know that you're foregoing a space on the squad that could provide Intimidate/Fake Out/An option outside of TR, as well as stacking weaknesses.

Just some food for thought, I think Abomasnow's ability to deal with Amoonguss and Dragons is really nice for a TR team, I just don't really see another Hail Abuser that would on a TR team without a big opportunity cost.

I think you're kind of missing the point of a TR team here. TR teams like to have Pokemon that hit as hard as possible and put as many dents in the opponents team as possible while TR is up to make cleaning up easier once it's gone. Stalling your own TR turns (and Hail turns) by spamming protect and Aqua Ring with Walrein is the last thing that you want to do.

Having a core of mons with similar defensive typings and offensive coverage is difficult to build around and as Subjugator, leads to the team being very weak to a certain type. If it was me I'd probably chose one or the other, blizzard spam with another form of speed control or full TR, both with Mega Abomasnow. I saw this core in the this thread which I used to climb the lower end of the ladder which you could try. It's cool to use some lesser used mons, but the fact that they're much frailer than you seem to be used to might be a turn off.

Abomasnow @ Abomasite
Modest Nature
- Blizzard
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Protect

Darkrai @ Life Orb
Ability: Bad Dreams
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Focus Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Protect

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Blizzard
- Hydro Pump
- Rock Slide
- Protect

If you're determined to keep the TR aspect of the team, I would say Subjugator's updated team is a pretty good looking place to start. If you must use Walrein that's fine but just know that you're foregoing a space on the squad that could provide Intimidate/Fake Out/An option outside of TR, as well as stacking weaknesses.

Just some food for thought, I think Abomasnow's ability to deal with Amoonguss and Dragons is really nice for a TR team, I just don't really see another Hail Abuser that would on a TR team without a big opportunity cost.
Since walrein only uses blizzard in hail room (in combo with boma's blizzard), which sweeps right through almost everything that's not resistant to ice and some that are, the rest of the set is to make it useful without trick room if I run out of that option. I agree it would be a waste to use those moves in trick room, but in just hail, Walrein has taken out 3 plus opposing pokemon solo in doubles many times due to the increased longevity. Also, thanks for the other set idea! I'll keep that in mind when restructuring my team.

Hi, Sigran!

Currently, Hail-Room lacks the viability to play in the Volcanion-influenced metagame, but I will help out in what ways that I can. Of course, you have Mega Abomasnow as your Mega and setter, meaning that it is critical for it to avoid casualties. Nevertheless, there is one player, called CosmicDeer, who seems to make it work (in ladder). (He uses Oblivious Jynx with Fake Out / Trick Room / ? / Lovely Kiss. It's genius!) You can either look at his replays or take my advice, but note that this battling style is still shaky.

1st Problem: Your EVs

First of all, maybe you would like to explain why certain EV spreads are the way they are because they don't make any sense to me. So, if you intend to use such spread, note that you should explain what it survives, etc. But, any experienced players can tell that your spread is poor, so I recommend that you use spreads that are recommended in the Smogon Strategy Pokedex. Furthermore, you should remember that Mons meant for TR battles should have their speed (EVs) at 0, the bare minimum.

Smogon Strategy Pokedex: http://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/pokemon/

2nd Problem: Your Mons

Also, I'd like to note that your selection of moves is not ideal. For example, you Mega-Abomasnow has HP Fire and Energy Ball (eh). Anyways, it seems Scizor and (Mega) Metagross is popular in the lower ladder. However, they are a rare sight in the Mid and Upper ladder, and HP Fire will not kill its true threats in the Doubles OU metagame. Therefore, I recommend that you use Mega Abomasnow only when you really need to. Like a said, you really need it as a reserve setter.
  • And in my case, I would use Giga Drain over Energy Ball because it gets you some HP and is particularly useful against Rain teams. Lastly, you should use Ice Shard; a priority move is always handy.
  • For the matter of Cresselia, don't use any suicide move; you need it to activate Trick Room. Instead, use the Calm Mind set of Cresselia as it will ensure a way to counter Amoonguss and avoid Earthquake.

Now, your team has no counter to opposing weather teams nor has a way to ensure Trick Room (I'll touch on this later). Your Mons, especially Rhyperior, Walrein, and Mamoswine, are those that are vulnerable to typical weather team moves (Solar Beam, Heat Wave, Muddy Watter, Rock Slide, & Earthquake). That is why I didn't bother telling which moves they should use. Thus, I recommend that you replace your Mons with more viable Mons.
  1. Well, the first replacement is obvious; we need a Mon that can support Cresselia, usually through Fake Out or a redirectional move. Although there are various options, I would personally use Hitmontop since it additionally provides Intimidate and Wide Guard (this will protect you from moves like Heat Wave, Muddy Water, Rock Slide, & Earthquake). It also has several Priority moves (Mach Punch / Bullet Punch / Sucker Punch) and other quite useful moves (Quick Guard).
  2. Your next Mon should be able to eliminate common threats to Hail Teams. And Kyurem-Black is an excellent choice. It is another Mon that can take an advantage of Hail, thus using Blizzard as it pleases. It's Earth Power is particularly useful as it removes common threats to your Mega Abomasnow. Furthermore, its bulk allows it to use Substitute, an excellent move to use as your Trick Room ends. (That's when your opponent is most likely to stall, usually by using Protect.) However, if you don't want to use substitute, then its emergency STAB move, Draco Meteor, is more than enough to threaten the opposing team.
  3. For your third replacement, you should get a Mon that can act as a pivot; you really need one. And as mentioned by others here, Heatran is quite nice. It'll let you have a better match up against Fairy types, Steel types, and even Sun teams; it's immune to Fire types and resistant to many other types. This Mon can also use Substitute, but that really depends on your style and experience. And I would personally use Flash Cannon over Earth Power because Kyurem-Black already uses it.

3rd Problem: I hate Mew

Lastly, I hate Mew, and you have to get rid of your remaining threats. As far as I know, you still need a way to eliminate Mega Camerupt (occasional), Mega Charizard-Y, and Talonflame. And despite that I would like to see Aurorus in your team, I think Azuramill is a better but niche alternative. Its Aqua Jet (without Belly Drum) should be capable of 2HKO'ing Mega Charizard-Y and Talonflame, but that shouldn't matter if you already inflicted damage upon them. Nevertheless, if you have the opportunity to Belly Drum, then it's most likely game over for your opponent. Just one thing, watch out for Volcanion.

Phew... with this, your Mons should be able to complement each other, and your team should more viable for play. Well, I tried to stick to Hail Room as you had intended, and hopefully I've helped out. And tell me how the team goes~

Abomasnow-Mega @ Abomasite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Ice Shard
- Giga Drain
- Protect
- Blizzard

Heatran @ Safety Goggles
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Heat Wave
- Flash Cannon
- Protect
- Substitute

Hitmontop @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Intimidate
Adamant Nature
- Wide Guard
- Close Combat
- Fake Out
- Sucker Punch

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
Quiet Nature
- Earth Power
- Draco Meteor
- Protect
- Blizzard

Cresselia @ Safety Goggles
Quiet Nature
- Calm Mind
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Moonlight

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
Brave Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Belly Drum
- Protect
- Play Rough

Last edited:
Hi, Sigran!

Currently, Hail-Room lacks the viability to play in the Volcanion-influenced metagame, but I will help out in what ways that I can. Of course, you have Mega Abomasnow as your Mega and setter, meaning that it is critical for it to avoid casualties. Nevertheless, there is one player, called CosmicDeer, who seems to make it work (in ladder). (He uses Oblivious Jynx with Fake Out / Trick Room / ? / Lovely Kiss. It's genius!) You can either look at his replays or take my advice, but note that this battling style is still shaky.

1st Problem: Your EVs

First of all, maybe you would like to explain why certain EV spreads are the way they are because they don't make any sense to me. So, if you intend to use such spread, note that you should explain what it survives, etc. But, any experienced players can tell that your spread is poor, so I recommend that you use spreads that are recommended in the Smogon Strategy Pokedex. Furthermore, you should remember that Mons meant for TR battles should have their speed (EVs) at 0, the bare minimum.

Smogon Strategy Pokedex: http://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/pokemon/

2nd Problem: Your Mons

Also, I'd like to note that your selection of moves is not ideal. For example, you Mega-Abomasnow has HP Fire and Energy Ball (eh). Anyways, it seems Scizor and (Mega) Metagross is popular in the lower ladder. However, they are a rare sight in the Mid and Upper ladder, and HP Fire will not kill its true threats in the Doubles OU metagame. Therefore, I recommend that you use Mega Abomasnow only when you really need to. Like a said, you really need it as a reserve setter.
  • And in my case, I would use Giga Drain over Energy Ball because it help you to get some HP back and is particularly useful against Rain teams. Lastly, you should use Ice Shard; a priority move is always handy.
  • For the matter of Cresselia, don't use any suicide move; you need it to activate Trick Room. Instead, use the Calm Mind set of Cresselia as it will ensure a way to counter Amoonguss and avoid Earthquake.

Now, your team has no counter to opposing weather teams nor has a way to ensure Trick Room (I'll touch on this later). Your Mons, especially Rhyperior, Walrein, and Mamoswine, are those that are vulnerable to typical weather team moves (Solar Beam, Heat Wave, Muddy Watter, Rock Slide, & Earthquake). That is why I didn't bother explaining what moves they should use. Thus, I recommend that you replace your Mons with more viable Mons.
  1. Well, the first replacement is obvious; we need a Mon that can support Cresselia, usually through Fake Out or a redirectional move. Although there are various options, I would personally use Hitmontop since it additionally provides Intimidate and Wide Guard (this will protect you from moves like Heat Wave, Muddy Water, Rock Slide, & Earthquake). It also has several Priority moves (Mach Punch / Bullet Punch / Sucker Punch) and other useful moves that you can use (Quick Guard).
  2. Your next Mon should be able to eliminate common threats to Hail Teams. And Kyurem-Black would be an excellent choice. It is another Mon that can take an advantage of Hail, thus using Blizzard as it pleases. It's Earth Power is particularly useful as it removes common threats to your Mega Abomasnow. Furthermore, its bulk allows it to use Substitute, an excellent move to use as your Trick Room ends. (That's when your opponent is most likely to stall, usually by using Protect.) However, if you don't want to use substitute, then its emergency STAB move, Draco Meteor, is more than enough to threaten the opposing team.
  3. For your third replacement, you should get a Mon that can act as a pivot; you really need one. And as mentioned by others here, Heatran is quite nice. It'll let you have a better match up against Fairy types, Steel types, and even Sun teams. It's immune to Fire types and resistant to many other types. This Mon can also use Substitute, but that really depends on your style and experience. And I would personally use Flash Cannon over Earth Power because Kyurem-Black already uses it.

3rd Problem: I hate Mew

Lastly, I hate Mew, and you have to get rid of your remaining threats. As far as I know, you still need a way to eliminate Mega Camerupt (occasional), Mega Charizard-Y, and Talonflame. And despite that I would like to see Aurorus in your team, I think Azuramill is a better but niche alternative. It should be able to 2HKO without Belly Drum. Nevertheless, if you have the opportunity to Belly Drum, then it's most likely game over for your opponent. Just one thing, watch out for Volcanion.

Phew... with this, your Mons should be able complement each other and your team should more viable for play. Well, I tried to stick to Hail Room as you had intended, and hopefully I've helped out. And tell me how the team goes~

Abomasnow-Mega @ Abomasite
Quiet Nature
- Ice Shard
- Giga Drain
- Protect
- Blizzard

Heatran @ Leftovers
Quiet Nature
- Heat Wave
- Flash Cannon
- Protect
- Substitute

Hitmontop @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Intimidate
Adamant Nature
- Wide Guard
- Close Combat
- Fake Out
- Sucker Punch

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
Quiet Nature
- Earth Power
- Draco Meteor
- Protect
- Blizzard

Cresselia @ Safety Goggles
Quiet Nature
- Calm Mind
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Moonlight

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
Brave Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Belly Drum
- Protect
- Play Rough
Thanks for the suggestions! I think kyurem b is a fantastic replacement for Walrein, and I like you're other ideas too. Everyone's being so helpful:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)