Doubles Lurantis

zoe

Tragic Decision
is an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnus
DOU & Discord Head
:ss/lurantis:
Lurantis @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Leaf Blade
- Superpower
- Knock Off / Substitute
- Protect

This mantis preys upon some of the most common Pokemon in DOU! With Contrary, Superpower, and STAB Leaf Blade, Lurantis turns the table on Incineroar and also matches up well into other common Pokemon such as Rillaboom and Tapu Fini. If given a few free turns, Lurantis can quickly spiral out of control with the Attack and Defense boosts from Superpower; it can find these free turns against slower, bulkier teams anchored by the three aforementioned Pokemon that can't switch in safely nor immediately threaten it, especially under Trick Room. Knock Off works well in the last moveslot to cover the few Leaf Blade and Superpower switch-ins such as Dragapult and Amoonguss. Lurantis is always paired with a Trick Room setter such as Diancie or Porygon2 due to its low Speed, with the latter also acting as a strong check to Landorus and Naganadel, who threaten Lurantis, especially outside of Trick Room. Dragapult fills a similar niche and can also function outside of Trick Room.

Check out Lurantis in action in OSDT II!
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8doublesou-1621560012-wcb9uy692bllvh0mioibsydvsycajoipw

Last edited:

Yoda2798

Not the user you are looking for
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Doubles Leader
  • The start makes it sound like Lurantis is only particularly good into Incineroar when it's also good into other common Pokemon, e.g. Rillaboom is a big one to mention.
  • I find the mention of Tapu Fini specifically as a Fighting-type resist a bit weird, since most teams will have multiple resists, and most of them won't resist your other attacks anyways. I'd say the important point is moreso that Lurantis works especially well into Tapu Fini structures (which also typically have Incineroar).
  • If you have space you could try to mention that Leaf Blade + Superpower has great neutral coverage, and that Knock Off covers some of the few resists like Dragapult and Amoonguss.
  • Typo with "easliy".
  • I wouldn't say it's "almost" always paired with a Trick Room setter, just always. Also just say low Speed rather than "lower" which I'd say is more fitting for something like Volcanion rather than Lurantis's Base 45 Speed.
QC 1/1

zoe

Tragic Decision
is an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnus
DOU & Discord Head
idt I'll be able to implement the check by today, I feel awful after getting my wisdom teeth removed so I'm ooc rn. I can try tomorrow but if you want to reassign it because that's too late feel free, sorry for the delay

UT

Roaring 20s, tossing pennies in the pool
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Appeals + C&C Lead
add remove conjecture
Lurantis @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Leaf Blade
- Superpower
- Knock Off / Substitute
- Protect

This mantis preys upon some of the most common Pokemon in DOU! With Contrary and access to Superpower and Contrary, Superpower, and STAB Leaf Blade, Lurantis is able to turn turns the table on Incineroar and also matchup well matches up well into other common Pokemon such as Rillaboom and Tapu Fini. If given a few free turns, Lurantis can quickly spiral out of control with the Attack and Defense boosts from Superpower, which it can often find Superpower; it can find these free turns against slower, bulkier teams anchored by the three aforementioned Pokemon that can't switch in safely to its moves nor immediately threaten it, especially under Trick Room. Knock Off works well in the last moveslot to cover the few Leaf Blade and Superpower switch-ins such as Dragapult and Amoonguss. Lurantis is always paired with a Trick Room setter such as Diancie or Porygon2 due to its low Speed, with the latter also acting as a strong check to Landorus and Naganadel, (comma) who threaten Lurantis, especially outside of Trick Room. Dragapult fills a similar niche that and can also function outside of Trick Room.

Check out Lurantis in action in OSDT II!

GP 1/1!

GP Team done

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)