Resource Doubles OU Team Bazaar 2.0

MajorBowman

wouldst thou like to live fergaliciously?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If you feel like simply sharing a team or two with the community, or maybe want some general opinions or discussion on a team, this is the thread for you! This thread is the place for people to post teams without having to make an RMT; if you feel like showing off a squad without having to make a thread, this is the place to do it. Keep in mind that if your post is incoherent or your team unfinished or unpolished, we reserve the right to delete your post.

We still have some guidelines to follow though:
  • Make sure your team has been tested! This team could possibly be used as resource so having substandard teams is a no-no.
  • Make sure to include an importable and a description for your team! Describe how it works, how it plays out, anything special about a set, stuff like that.
Feel free to add some other stuff to your posts as well; sprites are great as a visual guide! Having some song from YouTube or whatever to fulfill an aesthetic is fine too!

Example post, from last gen's version of this thread:

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 248 HP / 64 Def / 88 SpA / 108 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Protect

Torterra @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP / 104 Atk / 72 Def / 80 SpD
Impish Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Wide Guard

Scrafty @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 244 HP / 220 Atk / 44 Def
Impish Nature
- Fake Out
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Quick Guard

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Substitute
- King's Shield

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder Wave
- Protect

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 24 SpA / 232 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Ice Beam
- Dragon Claw
- Fusion Bolt
- Rock Slide

This is a random team that I built a few months ago, basically I just felt like building with Torterra and winging it from there. I started out with Mega Charizard Y + Torterra, figuring that there could be some synergy between the two and that Wide Guard can support the former. At that point, it went from supporting the duo by getting stuff that can deal with threats; Scrafty was somewhat useful for limiting physical attackers with Intimidate and dealing with Hydreigon, while Substitute Aegislash is there to deal with Latios and other stuff while giving me another possible wincon. Offensive Thundurus is there for the speed control, as decent-ish bird answer, and as another answer to Waters because heck yeah screw them; it's also there to just give the team more of a punch as an attacker. HP Ice is because Hydreigon is a PTA, not like I'll miss Flash Cannon for Mega Diancie since Thunderbolt will still hit like a truck and I have plenty of ways around it. Kyurem-B is there for the Speed safety net and serves as a way to gun down opposing Scarf Landorus-T, with Rock Slide as the final move for reasons you should already know. Overall, this is just a fun squad that I use occasionally, it's good enough that I could prolly use it in a serious tour game lol but yeah.
What is the purpose of this thread?
As stated above, this thread is meant to be a place where anyone can post a team they want to share with everyone without having to write a full RMT. This is not a place to dump your entire builder, but a place to showcase teams you think represent your best work or an innovative strategy. You even have a chance to be featured in the Team Showcase! Additionally, this can be a place for discussion about teambuilding trends or ideas. Posts like this one or this one, for example, now have a new home!

How is this thread different from the last Team Bazaar?
In order to highlight the best teams in the tier, we decided to create the Sample Teams and Team Showcase thread. That thread will contain sample teams in their classic form in the OP, but will also have other standout teams populating the rest of the thread. That thread will be permanently locked, and only teams posted in this thread deemed worthy of further praise will be moved to that thread. In order to be eligible for consideration for the Team Showcase thread, your post must have the following:
  • Full importable of the team
  • Coherent and sufficient description of the team (nothing too fancy, a paragraph at least)
  • Sprites in some form (who doesn't love a good aesthetically pleasing post)
There is no formal nomination process for the Team Showcase; the DOU Council will decide which teams to include. Please do not message us asking for your team to be added - we will see which teams are posted and decide to showcase the best!

Happy posting!

Last edited:

DaWoblefet

Demonstrably so
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
DaWoblefet's Durant Stat Trap

Mishitelle (Gothitelle) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Def / 76 SpD
Bold Nature
- Psychic
- Heal Pulse
- Skill Swap
- Protect

Manmishtric (Manectric-Mega) @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 208 HP / 36 SpA / 12 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Snarl
- Overheat
- Protect

Mishant (Durant) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Truant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Entrainment
- Baton Pass
- Endeavor
- Iron Head

fini = mish (Tapu Fini) @ Mago Berry
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 40 Def / 176 SpA / 44 SpD
Modest Nature
- Muddy Water
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Protect

Permishian (Persian-Alola) @ Mago Berry
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 176 HP / 108 SpD / 224 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Foul Play
- Parting Shot
- Fake Out
- Taunt

Zygmish (Zygarde) @ Leftovers
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 244 HP / 96 Atk / 16 SpD / 152 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute
- Protect

Manectric - Moves are relatively standard for Manectric. 36 Special Attack EVs guarantee a knockout on Life Orb Bisharp prior to Mega Evolution, which can otherwise be a problem with its powerful Knock Off + ability to deter Intimidate. Max Speed was chosen to outrun Tapu Koko, so that Deoxys-A must be +Speed Nature to outspeed Manectric (which means the weakened Deoxys is trapped from Psycho Boost if it is +Speed, or it faints to Snarl if it is not), and to have the Speed tie option vs opposing Manectric to get off a Snarl first. The bulk is sufficient for Mega Manectric to survive +0 Stomping Tantrum from Jolly Mega Metagross, LO Kyurem-B's Earth Power, and Scarf Tapu Lele's Psychic (7/8 of the time).

Persian - Fake Out and Parting Shot are necessary moves for positioning. Foul Play allows Persian to threaten important damage on Pokemon like Metagross and doesn't force Persian to run offensive investment. Taunt stops Trick Room and prevents a target from Protecting, opening the door for Durant to pass it Truant safely, in addition to stopping a wide number of annoying moves (Roar, Haze, opposing Taunt, etc.). Persian outspeeds Jolly Tornadus by a point (as a result also outspeeding Mega Metagross). It is not necessary to use max Speed, since the only thing around its Speed tier is other Persian, which is uncommon, and it is preferable to have the slower Parting Shot in the matchup. The remaining EVs allow Persian to survive +1 U-turn from Genesect 15/16 of the time while increasing special bulk as much as possible, helpful against attacks like Lele's Dazzling Gleam or bulky Tapu Fini's Moonblast.

Durant - Entrainment is the crux of this set, passing the deadly Truant to an opponent. Baton Pass offers counterplay to the opponent just clicking Protect in front of Durant; for example, a Baton Pass + side Parting Shot play on an expected Protect allows me to position Gothitelle + Durant on the following turn. The other two moves are mostly filler; if you're attacking with Durant, you've probably lost the game. I'd have Guillotine here if it wasn't for OHKO clause. Max Speed, in tandom with Choice Scarf, allows Durant to outspeed extremely fast threats, including most bulky Zapdos in Tailwind, Mega Swampert in Rain, and +1 Adamant Mega Salamence. The rest is dumped in Attack for both a stronger Iron Head and Endeavor. You don't want to drop all of Durant's HP to 0 IVs though, since Durant's decent physical bulk allows it to switch in better on certain Pokemon after Volt Switch / Parting Shot.

Gothitelle - The combination of Heal Pulse, Skill Swap, and Protect allows Gothitelle to function in an important way on Durant trap, allowing Zygarde or Tapu Fini the chance to trap in an opponent while Gothitelle switches out for a second helping of Intimidate, Parting Shot / Fake Out, or Entrainment. Psychic is there solely so Gothitelle isn't Taunt bait and to break Sashes / gauge damage, but Ally Switch is also a good option to force additional mindgames and potentially preserve Gothitelle on pivotal turns. Gothitelle is more physically defensive on this build, surviving Kartana's Bloom Doom, but generally speaking Gothitelle comes in on a variety of different weakened attacks, and Sitrus Berry helps Gothitelle recover HP sooner so it can avoid various otherwise 2HKOs or combination attacks. Having 31 Speed IVs is useful for Skill Swapping prior to Incineroar's Knock Off as well.

Zygarde - What's the most broken ability you can give to Zygarde? Probably Shadow Tag. Taking an already good Pokemon and giving it the ability to lock an opponent in is fantastic, and when combined with Entrainment, Zygarde often gets to set up to +6 and win the game. Thousand Arrows is the only offensive move Zygarde needs and Dragon Dance is its hardest-punishing setup move, with Substitute blocking important hazardous attacks like Toxic, Dragon Tail, the item-removing effect of Knock Off, the stat-clearing effect of Clear Smog, as well as providing Fake Out flinch immunity in future turns once you start the sweep. Protect is necessary as both a staple of doubles play and also to maintain the Truant lock by Protecting on non-Truant turns. 96+ is necessary to make sure +6 Thousand Arrows OHKOes 252 HP Landorus-T, while 152 Speed is used to be able to outspeed Tapu Koko at +1. Though I hardly ever attack Tapu Koko at +1, being able to use Substitute before it attacks is often helpful, as only Dazzling Gleam will break Zygarde's Sub, which often is ineffective against Zygarde's partner. The remaining bulk EVs on Zygarde allow it to survive Lele's Moonblast from full (though you hardly ever take that head-on), and ensures a +0 Muddy Water from most Tapu Fini won't break Zygarde's Substitute (which forces Fini to Moonblast or CM, both of which buys a turn for Zygarde's partner).

Tapu Fini - Calm Mind is used as an alternative setup Pokemon for Shadow Tag, though it often ends up complimenting Zygarde if a great board was achieved in the early game (e.g. two Truants in sync with each other, one Truant + one stattrap, one Truant + one thing that can't deal much damage). I honestly don't know what this spread does, and it could definitely be replaced.

Leads: typically Manectric + Persian is a great lead, since it offers three ways to drop stats immediately and two ways to pivot; an unprepared opponent can easily lose to a simple Volt Switch + Parting Shot play to Gothitelle + Durant. Leading Gothitelle beside Manectric or Persian is also a viable strategy, immediately trapping in the opponent and restricting their options from turn 1. Never lead Durant - you are susceptible to Fake Out, the opponent Protecting on your Entrainment, and in general losing a key member in the trap.

Gameplan: After pivoting with Manectric and Persian to lower the opponent's stats, try to time Durant coming in against a Pokemon that can't Protect or pivot out with Volt Switch or U-turn. After applying Truant, Skill Swap with Gothitelle on your own Zygarde to pass it Shadow Tag. Once the opponent has Truant, Protect every other turn to force them to waste any potential attacks on the non-Truant turn. Use Heal Pulse and Substitute to get Zygarde Protected, and if possible, set up the Truant / stat drop lock on the other target. Then, Dragon Dance with Zygarde until you are +6, and if you have the opportunity, get Tapu Fini to +6 with Calm Mind as well. Your ideal case is to approach your opponent's remaining Pokemon with a +6 Zygarde behind a Substitute with a +6 Tapu Fini.

Truant mechanics: It's important to understand how Truant works. When you use Entrainment on some target, it will always successfully move on that turn, and it will always loaf around on the following turn - it doesn't matter if Durant used Entrainment before or after the target attacked. An exception to this rule is against Mega Evolutions; if your opponent Mega Evolves the same turn Entrainment is used, the Mega Pokemon will loaf around immediately. Truant will still apply to a target if it still took an action in some way. For example, if I use Fake Out on the turn a Truant Pokemon is supposed to attack, the following turn it will loaf around. In general, if you want to "sync up" two Truants on the opponent, you need to use Entrainment on a turn that the first Truanted Pokemon is able to attack.
  • Counterplay to Entrainment
Entrainment fails on Pokemon that can't lose their Abilities, like Mimikyu, Aegislash, and Battle Bond Greninja. Additionally, if a Pokemon is hit by Entrainment as a non-Mega, Mega Evolving will reset their ability. Entrainment also fails on Substitute. Protect is the most accessible counterplay to Entrainment, as Durant itself is forced to loaf around on the next turn, but is susceptible to Baton Pass and the Durant player simply taking advantage of the Protect turn with a Sub or Dragon Dance.
  • U-turn / Ghost-types
Because this team relies heavily on locking in an ineffective Pokemon, a smart player with access to multiple U-turn / Volt Switch / Ghost-types may find ways to continuously pivot around and prevent you from getting started. Teams with multiple switching options are very tough to break, but if it's just one or two, while some patience is required as you position your pieces, typically you can force the opponent to bring in a trappable Pokemon at some point to lock that slot down.
  • Attacking your own Pokemon
This unusual counterplay involves attacking one's own Pokemon to escape the Truant / stat trap, typically on the turns the Durant player would opt to double Protect. This is much harder to pull off if an opponent's stats are lowered, and impossible if the trapped Pokemon only has spread moves. Using Heal Pulse on the opponent to prevent them from KOing themselves is a legitimate strategy to deny the self-KO counterplay.
  • Other problematic Pokemon
- Diancie can be a real pain, since Clear Body prevents Parting Shot from working and it threatens big damage on Zygarde with Moonblast. If it's Mega Diancie, I often use Parting Shot on the Mega Diancie itself to force it out thanks to its own Magic Bounce.
- Kommo-o's Soundproof grants it immunity to Snarl and Parting Shot, and it threatens Zygarde even through Substitute with Clanging Scales and its Z-move. Tapu Fini is pivotal here to take a knockout before it gets going, though it can also be Truanted if the opponent is not careful.
- Hoopa-U is an incredibly tough Pokemon to deal with, as it bypasses the Truant restriction and attacks on its normal turn through Protect and Substitute due to the properties of its Hyperspace moves. Trapping in Hoopa is basically not a smart idea; just KO it.

Last edited:

Platinum God n1n1

the real n1n1
is a Tiering Contributor
Seasonals Team Dump - The Return of n1n1

After a year and a half hiatus I returned to DOU seasonals in Fall 2018. That didn't go well, I was quickly knocked out in round 2. By the time Winter seasonals rolled around I was ready in prime form. I finished in top 24, my best record ever. Here are the teams that I built along the way.

Round 1 won 2-0

I definitely didn't want to get knocked out round 1 again so I brought my most reliable team. I've already written about this team here
Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Atk / 40 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Protect

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Muddy Water
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Protect

Diancie @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpA
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Trick Room
- Protect

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Download
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 16 SpA / 152 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Trick Room

Lurantis @ Figy Berry
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Atk / 8 Def / 28 SpD
Brave Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- Protect

Incineroar @ Figy Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Atk / 56 Def / 156 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Flare Blitz
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Round 2 won 2-0

Tyranitar-Mega @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Atk / 136 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Crunch
- Dragon Dance
- Protect

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Energy Ball
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower

Brave Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Trick Room
- Protect

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 232 HP / 176 Def / 48 SpA / 52 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Muddy Water
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Protect

Incineroar @ Figy Berry
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Flare Blitz
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Tapu Koko @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 96 HP / 252 SpA / 160 Spe
Modest Nature
- Sky Drop
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Dazzling Gleam
This is a really fun and strange team, double scarfs and semi room. But this team isn't too good so it has since been deleted and replaced(see below). At the time I really liked this team even though I knew it was extremely ground weak. With all its flaws I was able to pull of a a victory against a decent player in game 1 thanks to Gastrodon preventing Fini from using Muddy Water and because Diancie is an absolute tank in the sand. Game 2 was a similar story, Scarf Koko did nothing but Diancie is so good and carried the team to a win.

Round 4 I get knocked down to the losers bracket using the above 2 teams. I did not use them again in the following rounds

Round 5 won 2-1

Lonzo (Genesect) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Energy Ball
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower

LaVar (Incineroar) @ Figy Berry
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Flare Blitz
- Knock Off
- U-turn

LaMelo (Tapu Koko) @ Electrium Z
EVs: 160 HP / 252 SpA / 96 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Nature's Madness
- Taunt
- Protect

LiAngelo (Diancie) @ Weakness Policy
Brave Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Trick Room
- Protect

Gastrodon (Gastrodon-East) @ Leftovers
Quiet Nature
- Muddy Water
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Protect

Big Baller (Salamence-Mega) @ Salamencite
Ability: Aerilate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Fire Blast
- Roost
- Protect
The new and improved team based on the previous team.
Round 5 presented my toughest opponent so far. So I scouted his previous matches and noticed he likes Tapu Fini like everyone else, so Koko and Gastro stay on the team. He never used TR so bringing trick-room is a safe choice. Genesect and Incin stay on the team as they complement the other mons very well. So everything about the first 5 mons is same as above except Koko.
Shout out to GenOne for convincing me that Scarf Koko is not good and for always being up for a fight. He suggested I use Z-move or Bulky instead. I tried a combo of the two. Sense my opponent never used anything faster than Metagross I slowed the Koko down and invested in HP, max SpA to make use of Z-move.
Finally I needed a Mega to replace TTar so that the team isn't massively ground weak. Mega Latias was the first consideration. But my opponent used lots of metagross, so Salamence's Intimidate and Fire Blast give me a better match up. I also liked Mega-Salamence as a counter to Bulu and Kart, that helps out Gastodon a lot.

Diancie @ Leftovers
Brave Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Substitute
- Protect

Tyranitar-Mega @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Atk / 136 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Crunch
- Dragon Tail
- Protect

Kartana @ Figy Berry
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpD / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Leaf Blade
- Smart Strike
- Protect

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Quiet Nature
- Muddy Water
- Earth Power
- Icy Wind
- Protect

Zapdos @ Wiki Berry
Ability: Static
EVs: 236 HP / 88 Def / 76 SpA / 56 SpD / 52 Spe
Calm Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Tailwind
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Mew @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 208 HP / 48 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam
- Transform
The team above went 1-1 in first two fights, this is what I used to close out the series. Another team with Diance and Gastrodon, because its really good.
The highlight of this team is the Mew. On turn one it killed the opposing Genesect with Flametrower. Then later on in the fight I made use of Trick against the Necrozma that sealed the win. I brought this team in the next round too, it did almost the same thing. Killed Scizor with Flamethrower and Tricked Chansey, making it useless. So I ended up then Tricking Chansey's Evolite onto a Specs Koko which was very useful as it allowed my TTar to live a thunderbolt but it didnt matter since my TTar missed Rock Slide and I lost that fight.
Scarf + Trick is a nifty move, give it a try, it will cause a catastrophe for your opponent.

Round 6 lost 1-2

Blacephalon @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 52 HP / 252 SpA / 204 Spe
Timid Nature
- Mind Blown
- Flamethrower
- Heat Wave
- Shadow Ball

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 208 Atk / 48 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Protect

Bisharp @ Focus Sash
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Protect

Naganadel @ Life Orb
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Sludge Bomb
- Protect

Tapu Bulu @ Big Root
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 188 HP / 252 Atk / 68 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Horn Leech
- Nature's Madness
- Substitute
- Protect

Zapdos @ Wiki Berry
EVs: 236 HP / 88 Def / 76 SpA / 56 SpD / 52 Spe
Calm Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Tailwind
- Roost
- Hidden Power [Ice]
This is one of the most different teams I have ever built. I only ever had experience using Bulu and Zapdos in SM DOU, the others I had never really tried. It came about from scouting my opponent who loved using Genesect. I had witnessed some people use Scarf Blacephalon successfully, so I gave it a try and liked it. I saw a match with my opponent using scarf Victini Final Gambit. He did bring that against me and Blacephalon hit it with Shadow Ball and allowed me to win the game.
He also liked using Kyurem, Diancie does pretty well versus him. Blacephalon isnt a reliable Metagross check because its so frail, I added Bisharp as a check, its pretty good. Naganadel for another Kyurem check and good coverage, Flamethrower allowed me to forgo Heatwave on Zap and use Roost instead which is very valuable. Big Root Sub-Bulu is one of my rare specialty sets. Its really good because even when Horn Leach isnt useful, I have Natured Madness to fall back on. I love this Bulu set.

Last edited:

n10siT

Hoopa can do anything!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Recently, I had the desire to ladder in DOU in a fairly serious manner. I've been focused on other mons responsibilities and haven't played much DOU, so I thought I'd build something and ladder a bit. I wanted something that rewarded positioning well but at the same time remained reliable and easy to pilot. So, I put together some Dragon Dance offense that I've found to be super fun to use and has been winning me games.

The idea behind this is pretty simple. You use the positioning provided by Incineroar and Mew to get Zygarde or Salamence in a favorable position, and then use Tapu Fini to support them and keep them alive. Tapu Koko is Z-Nature Power, which can be combined with Tapu Fini's Misty Surge to easily deal with threats like opposing Zygarde or Kyurem Black. Tapu Fini is also a bit of an off-standard set, with Moonblast/Nature's Madness/Heal Pulse/Protect. Not running a water move has felt odd at times, but Nature's Madness is doing the same to most water weak targets anyway, and gives Fini a way to put things like Volcanion and Zapdos in range of Thousand Arrows. Transform Mew is really fun with the two Dragon Dance sweepers, but it also gives me a way to deal with other set up sweepers should I let them get out of hand, which I've done many times on ladder. This team has some of my favorite sets I've used in SM (namely Z-Nature Power Koko/Heal Pulse Fini) and has changed my mind about Salamence. I'll leave you guys with the importable and hope you enjoy my most recent foray back into Doubles OU!

Zygarde @ Figy Berry
EVs: 80 HP / 204 Atk / 48 SpD / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute
- Protect

Incineroar @ Figy Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Atk / 16 Def / 116 SpD / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Knock Off
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn

Tapu Fini @ Wiki Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 124 SpA / 68 SpD
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Nature's Madness
- Heal Pulse
- Protect

Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite
EVs: 252 HP / 8 Atk / 4 Def / 20 SpD / 224 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Protect

Tapu Koko @ Normalium Z
Timid Nature
- Nature Power
- Volt Switch
- Taunt
- Protect

Mew @ Aguav Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 164 SpD / 96 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fake Out
- Stealth Rock
- Transform
- Tailwind

GenOne

DOU main. GMT-7. PS!: GenOne
is a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Here's a team that peaked #1 on the DOU ladder this week, and I also used it to catch a W in seasonals just now.

Skill Swap Perish Trap
Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Atk / 40 SpD / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Swords Dance
- Protect

Incineroar @ Figy Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 108 Atk / 20 Def / 116 SpD / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Flare Blitz
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Kingdra @ Waterium Z
Ability: Swift Swim
Modest Nature
- Muddy Water
- Hydro Pump
- Draco Meteor
- Protect

Politoed @ Wiki Berry
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 188 Def / 60 SpA / 8 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Perish Song
- Protect

Tapu Bulu @ Figy Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Atk / 116 SpD / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Superpower
- Swords Dance
- Protect

Gothitelle @ Wiki Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Def / 172 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Psychic
- Skill Swap
- Trick Room
- Protect
I think both trapping and rain are still somewhat underappreciated in this meta. The team was mostly inspired by Human's SPL Week 2 team, but also takes some cues from Ezrael's SPL Week 5 team.

Of course I added my own twists - the most notable of which is Skill Swap on Gothetelle, which makes Perish Trap a lot more potent and fakes the double Shadow Tag trapping strats that were viable when Mega Gengar was around.

The main strategy of this team is to get Gothetelle and Politoed into position so you can fire off a Perish Song while your targets are still trapped. Then, depending on your matchup, usually I like to Skill Swap Shadow Tag onto a partner that can easily take hits for a few turns (sometimes I just swap STAG onto Politoed, but sometimes I might switch toed out and swap STAG onto Bulu or Incineroar.) This allows you to cycle Gothitelle out, so you're not relying on it to stall out 3 turns of double targeting as you wait for Perish Song to count down. Plus, if your skill-swapped STAG user does go down, you can just switch Gothetelle back in to maintain the trap for the last turn or two.

Other than that, though, this isn't a team that solely relies on perish trap to win; it's also a perfectly usable semiroom team that can win without setting up Perish Song at all. Rain-boosted Kingdra serves as this team's "fast mode," and the combination of Kingdra and Politoed help clear out Scizor's checks. Then you have Incineroar, Bulu, and Politoed as middling-speed Pokemon that work decently as Trick Room attackers, but also don't mind playing outside of Trick Room. And finally, Scizor gives you a lategame setup wincon, as well as a strong priority attacker that can function both in and outside of Trick Room.

It's not an entirely perfect team, and I already have ideas on how I might revamp it for a "version 2" down the road, but the concept behind this team is pretty solid imo and it showcases how deadly trapping can be in this metagame.

Last edited:

talkingtree

large if factual
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
Don't feel like making a full team dump this time around, no matter what it would feel pretty incomplete with how many ideas we ended up tabling and the sheer number of teams miltankmilk and I pumped out. Some of them were uh... better than others, but I'm definitely in a place where I can be sure that building throughout a team tour is a wonderful, transformative, creative, exhausting, and sometimes emotional experience. Maybe I'm being dramatic or hyperbolizing a little there, but my point stands. Anyway, here's a few of my favorite teams miltankmilk used this tour, along with some sets that I think had a lot of potential but either ended up on suboptimal or unused teams.

Importables are all linked in the sprites, with spread notes at the bottom!

- Week 1 vs Ezrael​
This was a team milk showed me almost entirely set before the tour started that we fine-tuned together. We agreed that Mence was something a lot of people were underestimating and wanted to use its ability to wall Kart/Bulu as something that pairs well with Gastro, using Roost to reliably check them throughout the game. There are a few unorthodox sets in this team, including Scarf Energy Ball Gene, which covers the Gastro hype that was happening around the beginning of the tour. It also has decent neutral coverage and can be decently strong with the Terrain boost and it came in clutch this game thanks to Ezrael bringing Mega Swampert rain. The last niche set milk had was Dragonium Z DD Zygarde - this works for a few different things. First, it lures Mega Salamence and Kyurem-B, which could both have a decent time against the team otherwise. The other more obscure use if Z-Outrage wasn't needed in the game was Z-Dragon Dance, which removes any Intimidate / Icy Wind drops before boosting.

- Week 3 vs Human​
After fiddling around with a bunch of teams that never quite felt right, we tried to reinvent / revamp a fullroom. The starting point and one of the stranger sets was Gravity Porygon2. This was originally to let Mega Camerupt OHKO Zapdos before it could Whirlwind out Porygon2 but also just made Earth Power a much safer move to click. It also happened to make our more inaccurate moves on the team (Super Fang, Will-O-Wisp, Play Rough, Stone Edge) much more reliable. Unfortunately, I was very sad when I remembered that you can't use High Jump Kick in Gravity, so my hopes that we could avoid the accuracy issue were dashed. The real key to this team though was one that miltankmilk thought of, and that's this Mimikyu set. At first glance, it seems like your standard Z-Mimikyu TR setter, potentially Mimikium. However, running max Speed and After You, the entire team gained the ability to be faster than Kyurem-B in a pinch, letting something like Stakataka wreak havoc even outside of TR. Despite some unfortunate luck, I'm still happy with the way that the team turned out.

- Week 5 vs Biosci​
I had a rough week irl this week, but milk threw together a Volcarona + Alolan Persian squad that might be my favorite team from the whole tournament. He wrote about it a bit here for the Teambuilding Comp, but the gist was Volcarona kind of walled a lot of the common Landorus-T sets, which are the most common SR setters, letting it circumvent the SR issue. Bug Z Swarm is a super powerful set right now, and having Tapu Fini meant losing Flame Body wasn't especially impactful anyway. Alolan Persian is the true team player cat, Fake Out + Taunt + Parting Shot + its Speed and physical bulk are so incredibly helpful for supporting Volcarona. The rest of the team is fairly standard, but we didn't need to deviate. I wish we could have fit Heal Pulse on Fini, but the team needed a backup wincon if Volcarona fell.

- Tiebreaker vs Croven​
We were coming off a few rough weeks in teambuilding, play, luck, morale, you name it. However, after Ruiners picked DOU, we brought MajorBowman into the team chat really dedicated ourselves to being as ready as possible, and the three of us made this. Funnily enough, the team started out built around DD Mega Salamence + Milotic. Eventually, we changed Milotic into Z-TW Kart + Tapu Fini for Heal Pulse and a different form of circumventing Intimidate. AV Kyurem-B with HP Fire provided speed control and a surprise Gene lure, Lando-T was great for Knock/pivoting/Intim/SR/everything, and then we got sorta stuck. Finally, we settled on a bulky support Volcarona, which had so many different moves on it throughout the building process - Rage Powder, Overheat, Bug Buzz, Tailwind, Whirlwind, Protect, Struggle Bug, HP Ice, String Shot... you get the picture. With those 6, the team was working okay, but milk had a burst of inspiration when he realized our struggles with Koko/Ttar/Zapdos could all be fixed by replacing DD Mega Mence with a DD Mega Tyranitar. Ojama had also been asking us to bring out the Mega Tyranitar the whole tour, and so finally getting it in our potentially last game felt right. I came up with this absurdly bulky DD set - Mega Tyranitar's bulk is insane, so we wanted to work with it instead of trying to turn it into some speed demon. Running Stone Edge instead of Rock Slide gave it some power even if we were unable to get up a DD, and a few other set edits made this team ready. Despite the smaller preparation window, I think this was our best-prepped team and it worked beautifully.

- used in Week 6 vs fespy
Latias-Mega @ Latiasite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 32 SpA / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Icy Wind
- Calm Mind
- Recover

This Latias set was sort of built to be Icy CM Cress, but fast. The added resistance to Grass also helped with some of Cress's potential issues against Kart/Bulu, though opposing Ice-types become a little scarier. Most of the team around this set was fairly standard, but this set really impressed me in testing and in the game.

- used in Week 7 vs SMB
Tapu Bulu @ Choice Band
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 7 Spe
- Wood Hammer
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Nature's Madness

Leading into the game against SMB, he hadn't used many actually bulky Steel-types, so we wanted to take advantage of that with Stakataka + CB Bulu + Mega Gardevoir. Unfortuantely, we ran into a Mega Metagross and had some bad luck with a Horn Leech miss, but the sheer power of CB Bulu is absurd. After Stealth Rock, it OHKOes Lando-T with -1 Wood Hammer and offensive Kyurem-B with -1 Superpower. Nature's Madness is so good right now, and it worked as a decent filler/support move with Stakataka looking to claim raises with Beast Boost. This team also had a few other cool sets like Knock Off HP Fire Zeraora, but ultimately it was too focused on trying to beat SMB's previous builds and sacrificed general versatility. The HP / SpD split ensures that Bulu takes a +1 Genesect Ice Beam.

Kyurem-Black @ Psychic Seed
EVs: 248 HP / 96 Atk / 60 Def / 16 SpA / 8 SpD / 80 Spe
Quiet Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Substitute
- Roost

On paper, this set is an absolute monster. At +1 SpD, Kyurem-B's Substitutes take a Landorus-T Earth Power or a Zygarde Thousand Arrows. It also still OHKOes Zard Y with Fusion Bolt and outspeeds most Tapu Fini while still having a decent amount of investment for Ice Beam and even Roost to keep itself healthy. Unfortunately, in practice, you end up clicking Sub and Roost more than either of your attacks and it's hard to really get Kyurem-B into a situation where it thrives like it theoretically should. This set obviously paired with a Tapu Lele, and despite attempts for facing both SMB and emforbes, I could never really get the rest of the team to still feel okay against Mega Metagross. Someone out there might be able to make SubRoost Kyurem-B work though, so I'm sharing it now so that I can (kind of) say I was ahead of the curve like I (sort of) was for Mega Venusaur, which I mentioned in the sets linked in my Snake team dump.

Tapu Lele @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 224 HP / 72 Def / 112 SpA / 100 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Taunt
- Protect

We somehow went the whole tour without using Lele once, but if we had, I would have pushed for this set. With a Pixie Plate and 112+ SpA, Moonblast becomes a guaranteed OHKO on both Zygarde and Kyurem-B, and Moonblast in general becomes a lot more spammable - this is especially nice with how much more popular the other Island Guardians are, since your Psychic STAB is often weaker than Fairy STAB. This particular set takes a -1 Iron Head from Mega Metagross and outspeeds most Zapdos to Taunt them before TW, but the set in general should be fairly flexible.

Tapu Koko @ Electrium Z
EVs: 136 HP / 188 SpA / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Nature's Madness
- Taunt
- Protect

This set was my attempt to combine offensive and utility sets. With the given spread, Tapu Koko can OHKO Mega Metagross with Gigavolt Havoc and outspeed Naganadel, which was picking up some steam at the time. Aside from that, the set focuses on fast Nature's Madness which is so powerful right now and slightly more bulk. There's theoretically some flexibility to be had here (I paired this set with a Kyurem-B, which appreciates both Metagross being removed and various threats chipped), but the team I'd built with it never really clicked.

Looking forward to DPL and all the metagame development / creative advances that may come!

I've been pretty quiet since our tournament ended but I want to give a lot of credit to talkingtree for his work he put in this tournament. I've never been a big believer in letting other people build for you, I feel its important to be involved in that process as the player, but Tree was an invaluable resource for me to bounce ideas off, EV the teams we came up with together (often saving me in games), and helping to finish and polish ideas I had that were often a bit too raw to use in tournaments. You were an amazing teammate for myself and all of us on scooters and while the record ended a bit rougher than it probably should have given some luck, I'm proud of what we created and executed with this season.

P.S.: this is the team bazaar thread so i'll post a gem I have that was previously not seen to not have my post removed.

Latias-Mega @ Latiasite
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Psychic
- Heal Pulse
- Recover

Volcarona @ Buginium Z
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 88 HP / 200 SpA / 220 Spe
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Bug Buzz
- Quiver Dance
- Protect

Tapu Koko @ Wiki Berry
EVs: 236 HP / 36 Def / 44 SpD / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Electroweb
- Nature's Madness
- Sky Drop
- Volt Switch

Landorus-Therian @ Yache Berry
EVs: 224 HP / 24 Def / 144 SpA / 116 Spe
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

EVs: 252 HP / 108 Atk / 52 Def / 96 SpA
Brave Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Trick Room
- Protect

Lurantis @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Atk / 120 SpD
Brave Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Superpower
- Defog
- Protect

So this team was something tree mentioned in the "never quite happened but we really liked all the ideas of it" part. I tweaked this with its members and sets for like 7 weeks throughout SPL and it was always on the verge of what I wanted to use but never quite there. Latias has an insane movepool if you've never looked at it. Spoiler alert: I looked at it A LOT this winter. This was the beginning of my volcarona obsession when I saw how powerful Z bug was. I wanted to get this team to a place that had multiple winpaths, one not being volcarona so I leaned toward diancie+lurantis as it also gave me some hazard control and some lando/incin deterrence. Not the most polished team we came up with but its pretty fun and uses some cool mons/sets

Seen some hype around Heracross so I wanted to drop a team that I've been tinkering with most of SPL before the team dump happens.

Heracross-Mega @ Heracronite
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 116 HP / 212 Atk / 180 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Bullet Seed
- Protect

Aegislash @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Wide Guard
- King's Shield

Tapu Fini @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 HP / 96 SpA / 160 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nature's Madness
- Moonblast
- Soak
- Trick

Rotom-Heat @ Electrium Z
EVs: 248 HP / 120 SpA / 88 SpD / 52 Spe
Modest Nature
- Overheat
- Thunderbolt
- Electroweb
- Protect

Kartana @ Mago Berry
EVs: 48 HP / 96 Atk / 4 Def / 232 SpD / 128 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Tailwind
- Protect

Landorus-Therian @ Yache Berry
EVs: 224 HP / 32 Def / 136 SpA / 116 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

I was on a Soak Fini craze and I really enjoyed Heracross' ability to set up and check Landorus-T, Zygarde, and Kartana + its access to Bullet Seed. Worked well with Kartana and Electrium Rotom being able to pick up kills after a Soak, covering up a lot of the offensive weaknesses the team can sometimes encounter. Never made a build that I was 100% satisfied with but glad that the 'mon is picking up some recognition.

GenOne

DOU main. GMT-7. PS!: GenOne
is a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

I would like to join in on the Heracross hype too! Won a roomtour with this so it's a pretty big deal.
Heracross-Mega @ Heracronite
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Atk / 28 Def / 32 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Rock Blast
- Bullet Seed
- Protect

EVs: 252 HP / 140 Atk / 116 SpD
Brave Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Trick Room
- Protect

Incineroar @ Figy Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Atk / 20 Def / 116 SpD / 80 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Flare Blitz
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance

Tapu Fini @ Wiki Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Def / 224 SpA
Bold Nature
- Muddy Water
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Protect

Zapdos @ Misty Seed
EVs: 244 HP / 80 Def / 16 SpA / 104 SpD / 64 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Tailwind
- Roost

Landorus-Therian @ Groundium Z
EVs: 76 HP / 252 Atk / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

I figured a tailroom team would make the most out of Heracross's middling speed tiers. Also, Swords Dance Incineroar is my new favourite set - that probably puts in more work than Heracross on this team :I

Here are some replays of it in action:

My DPL is over. It had ups and downs, but I had a good time w the church and I got to make some pretty cool stuff. This is both the best and most creative team I used. I encourage you to give it a try. Mega Venusaur and buddies are super fun and there are some funky sets here.

https://pokepast.es/cf321b6477a493ef
EDIT: Here are some replays of the team in action

Last edited:
Here's a rain team that I made.

Swampert-Mega (M) @ Swampertite
Ability: Torrent
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Stomping Tantrum
- Protect

Politoed (F) @ Eject Button
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 188 Def / 60 SpA / 8 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Icy Wind
- Helping Hand
- Protect

Kingdra (M) @ Waterium Z
Ability: Swift Swim
Modest Nature
- Muddy Water
- Ice Beam
- Draco Meteor
- Protect

Kartana @ Figy Berry
EVs: 128 HP / 8 Atk / 248 SpD / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Tailwind
- Protect

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
EVs: 80 Atk / 176 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Protect

Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Taunt
- Protect

With the declining popularity of Earthquake, I figured I should build a rain team but with Swampert having Stomping Tantrum instead. I pick Politoed as the Drizzle user since not only that Ground immunity from Swampert is no longer needed, but also boost its ally's power with Helping Hand. As for Kingdra, I chose Ice Beam over Hydro Pump to help my matchup against Tapu Bulu, and the power difference between Z-Hydro Pump and Z-Muddy Water isn't too major. Since opposing Water-type is a roadblock to rain team, I added Tapu Koko, Kartana, and Kyurem Black to deal with them. I thought rain might help Kartana avoid being OHKO by Fire-type attacks, but after doing damage calculation for it, it turns out most of them OHKO Kartana, unlike Ferrothorn. Still, Bulky Kartana has proven to be effective. As for Kyurem Black and Tapu Koko, I just use a typical set for them. Feel free to make any adjustment to this team.

(Credit to Stratos for suggesting Eject Button for Politoed)

Platinum God n1n1

the real n1n1
is a Tiering Contributor

Week 5 someone on our team wanted to use Char-Y + Diancie. I provided him with these 6 mons, which he liked, so we planned on using it. SMB made some changes to the EVs and sets, but before it got a chance to be used we lost the week. After we lost the week I made a couple tweaks and changed Diancie to Probopass. Here is the final team I gave to Starry but with Diancie over Probopass.

Stratos Sun (Charizard-Mega-Y) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Tailwind
- Protect

Landorus-Therian @ Wiki Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Def / 28 SpD / 184 Spe
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Defog
- Stealth Rock

Kartana @ Figy Berry
EVs: 144 HP / 172 SpD / 192 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Substitute
- Protect

Diancie @ Rockium Z
Brave Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Trick Room
- Protect

Cresselia @ Electric Seed
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 64 SpA / 56 SpD / 120 Spe
Bold Nature
- Psyshock
- Icy Wind
- Calm Mind
- Moonlight

Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Ice]

and here is the Probopass set

Probopass @ Psychium Z
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 16 HP / 252 SpA / 240 Spe
Modest Nature
- Ally Switch
- Power Gem
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt

THE NEW PSYCHEDELIC

Froslass @ Light Clay
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Protect

Aurorus @ Icy Rock
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 52 HP / 252 Def / 204 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stone Edge
- Dragon Tail
- Hail
- Toxic

Abomasnow-Mega @ Abomasite
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 116 HP / 140 Def / 252 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Blizzard
- Giga Drain
- Growth
- Substitute

Sandslash-Alola @ Occa Berry
Ability: Slush Rush
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Protect

Bronzong @ Psychium Z
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Dream Eater
- Trick Room
- Hypnosis
- Gyro Ball

Crawdaunt @ Choice Band
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpD
Brave Nature
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Superpower
- Aqua Jet

Something I've always been fascinated by is Hail as a playstyle. I used to play rain obsessively and after I got bored, I switched to different weathers and playstyles, but Hail always eluded me. I wanted some way to make it viable. I tried my hardest to find a team that took full advantage of hail as a weather the same way the classic rain team could. This is a team 12 builds in the making, but I think this is, no exaggeration, the most optimal hail team possible. Let me break it down:

This is a team that can only work in Doubles. This is because I realized around build 5 that to truly make the most optimal hail team, the role of Veil setter and Hail setter could not be compressed, and had to be accomplished by different mons. This is because a singular Hail/Veil setter has to choose between 8 turns of Hail or 8 Turns of Veil (Icy Rock and Light Clay, respectively). This is why Aurorus and Froslass always open together.

-Aurorus is the hail setter and as the weather setter actually surpasses Alolan Ninetails in utility, since it has higher defenses, lower speed letting it override T-Tar and Pelipper, and, more importantly, the Rock typing, making it able to counter fire types and OHKO Zardy with STAB Stone Edge. This is beyond crucial because it lets you turn the tables on Sun teams.

-Froslass is the Veil setter and is again superior to Alolan Ninetails. Not only is Froslass 2 points faster than Tails, allowing it to Taunt the latter and suppress opposing Veil attempts, but Froslass is Fake Out immune and fighting immune due to its Ghost typing and has access to moves like Destiny Bond and Will-o Wisp.

Next: The Icey Sweepers. Alolan Slash and Mega Abomasnow fulfill 2 very important speed roles: High Speed and Low Speed. This means I can compete on both ends of the spectrum and keep up with faster scarfers thanks to Slush Rush or Trick Room teams thanks to Aboma's base 30 speed.

-Alolan Slash sports a Jolly Nature and your personal choice of an Occa or Chople berry. The original build was an adamant Band set, but I realized that Ice and Ground are two very polarizing moves and that being able to choose between them on the fly was important. Instead, it now has Swords Dance to beef up its underwhelming 299 Atk stat to 598 while its speed remains at 502, outspeeding base 110 scarfers like Kartana.

-Mega Abomasnow is very tricky to handle. It's weak to 7 types, one of which is a quad weakness. That's unbelievably rough. That's why the combination of Veil and full defensive investment is designed to make its' weaknesses hit like neutralities and its neutralities hit like resists. You need *all* the bulk you can get when you have that many weaknesses and Mega Aboma's generous 90/105/105 defenses give it some impressive bulkiness to go around, especially under Veil. Growth is there to alleviate the lack of attack investment, while Substitute works well in conjuction with Slash's Earthquake and Mega Aboma's dislike for toxic. Its Blizzard hits deceivingly hard and it can outslow many common trick room pokemon, meaning if your opponent so happens to set Trick Room, they may just be doing you a favour.

Finally, every good weather team employs some out-of-type help to round out the core. My team's 2 biggest banes are Fighting and Fire types, and that's what Bronzong and Crawdaunt are there to handle.

-Bronzong's Z-Trick Room increases its accuracy making Hypnosis more spammable. This isn't anything new or innovative. I did decide to eschew Psychic for Dream Eater, though, because of Dream Eater's higher power and the fact that you're going to be putting stuff to sleep first anyways, so you might as well get some recovery out of it. Especially since Zong suffers from Hail chip which affects its longevity. Its ability is Levitate over Heatproof, because it's tanking most Fire type attacks under veil anyways, and this way it can work well in conjuction with Sandslash.

-Crawdaunt was the prime choice for a water type because it works well in Trick Room. While it's admittedly not as slow as I'd like it to be, its Crabhammers hit stupid hard even in sun, and its Aqua Jets can shut down fire types who are looking to OHKO the Ice types on my team. I do believe the role of the Fire type ward can be given to several other water types, but Crawdaunt was my personal choice.

The underrated part of this team is the fact that Hail isn't like Sandstorm. Ice is such a rare type to see in Doubles and since my team is 70% Ice types, this means that the opposing team is taking gradual damage over the course of the match that I'm mostly immune to. Sandstorm has to deal with the fact that Steel, Ground and Rock types are super common, but Hail is exclusively beneficial to Ice Types which will give you that extra bit of chip to break sashes and Sturdy.

The team name is based on Ice Cube's new track "The New Funkadelic" since it's an ice team, but 'Psychedelic' instead due to Bronzong's Trick Room shenanigans. If you decide to use it, it's useable in both DOU and DUU! No DOU mons were used in the making of this team, and it kicks ass just the same. Let's put Ice back on the map!

Last edited:
Trap n Slap

I've been using this team for about a year and a half at this point, and despite significant meta changes it's remained my favorite/best team throughout.

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Stomping Tantrum
- Thunder Punch
- Protect

Gothitelle @ Aguav Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 19 Spe
- Psychic
- Trick Room
- Heal Pulse
- Protect

Kyurem-Black @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 96 Atk / 48 Def / 16 SpA / 28 SpD / 72 Spe
Quiet Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Icy Wind

Incineroar @ Aguav Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Atk / 20 Def / 152 SpD / 52 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Fake Out

Zygarde @ Groundium Z
EVs: 96 HP / 220 Atk / 8 SpD / 184 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Protect

Tapu Fini @ Wiki Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Def / 160 SpA / 40 SpD / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Muddy Water
- Moonblast
- Protect
- Calm Mind

The Z move can be moved to Fini for extra style points as well.
The whole point of this team is to force the opponent into an uncomfortable position, trap them with Goth, and slap them in the face. Metagross is almost a dedicated lead, and more often than not I never switch it out. It stays in nonmega form as long as possible to avoid intimidates, and it puts pressure on the opponent with the ability to 2HKO almost any pokemon. Incin is used almost exclusively for intimidate and uturn, again looking for an opportunity to get Goth in at an opportune time. Kyube is a bulky beast, and with heal pulse support, is very difficult to KO. Sub DD Zyg has the ability to sweep almost any team (check out the first replay down below), and CM Fini sweeps rain teams and is key in stalling out and beating opposing trick room.

Replay 1: SPL regular season
Goth didn't do much here, but the main idea of the team still held- dance around with Metagross, Kyube, and Incin in the early game, and look for an opportunity to set up with Zyg or Fini. In this case, Zyg ended up sweeping, even vs an opposing Lando-T/Cress core.

Replay 2: DPL finals
Metagross picked up a surprise KO on Zardy with Thunder Punch, Goth trapped in Scrafty for Fini to OHKO, and the door was opened for Metagross and Zygarde to break through the rest of the team with intimidate gone.

Replay 3: 2018 seasonal
Metagross yet again picked up a surprise KO on Zardy, Goth trapped a -2 attack foe to allow Fini to set up break through the opponent's team.

Replay 4: Another 2018 seasonal
Metagross picked up another surprise KO with Thunder Punch, Goth trapped two mons to allow Fini to set up and break.

4 replays might be a bit overkill, but I just really wanted to drive home how this team is meant to be played- punch stuff with Metagross, get Goth in, setup, and break/sweep.
GenOne for the original team
Talkingtree for the EV spreads
Ezrael for bringing the team to DPL finals and actually winning

Metleon's Kommo-o Bulky Offense

I wanted to make a team focused on Kommo-o and had made two different teams with it on them previously. Kommo-o, Tapu Koko, Incineroar, Suicune, and Landorus-T were transferred over from those teams, as they were there most effective members.

Kommo-o (F) @ Kommonium Z
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Clanging Scales
- Flamethrower
- Close Combat
- Protect

Tapu Koko @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Def / 56 SpD / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Electroweb
- Nature's Madness
- Sky Drop

Venusaur (M) @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 HP / 108 Def / 40 SpA / 64 SpD / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Incineroar (M) @ Figy Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Atk / 20 Def / 116 SpD / 80 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Flare Blitz
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Suicune @ Wiki Berry
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 44 SpA / 108 SpD / 56 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Tailwind
- Roar

Landorus-Therian @ Mago Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Def / 96 SpA / 28 SpD / 88 Spe
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock

The general strategy with the team is to take out the opponent's Fairy-types and wear down the rest of their team so Kommo-o can sweep. Tapu Fini is particularly troublesome due to Misty Terrain halving damage from Dragon attacks, so it has 2 checks on this team.

Kommo-o is designed to sweep late game after setting up with Clangerous Soulblaze. If it gets it off safely and the opponent's Fairy-types are dead, it's usually a clean sweep. Max Special Attack and Speed are for maximum power with Clanging Scales and Flamethrower. Close Combat is a good single target STAB move for taking out dangerous threats that can survive Clanging Scales, and Flamethrower is primarily used for Steel-types. However, Kommo-o can usually spam Clanging Scales while its partner takes out anything that can survive that.

The rest of the team is focused on making sure Kommo-o can set up and sweep safely. Tapu Koko gets rid of Misty Terrain and checks Fini, which are Kommo-o's strongest counters. I ended up going with the bulky Assault Vest set to help check Psychic spam and provide Speed control, which Kommo-o greatly appreciates.

Mega Venusaur is the main Fini counter and can always 2HKO it with Sludge Bomb unless it's set up Calm Minds. It also counters most other Fairy-types for Kommo-o. Leech Seed works well with the team's bulky nature. I originally had HP Fire instead of Giga Drain, but that left me without a good way to kill Gastrodon.

Incineroar provides Fake Out, Intimidate, U-turn, and Fire STAB, which are all useful for Kommo-o. It's my main check for Steel and Grass-types which can often survive a Clangerous Soulblaze.

Suicune's main job is to set up Tailwind repeatedly throughout the match. While Kommo-o does boost its own Speed, it will still be outsped by Choice Scarf users and weather abusers. It's also important for Kommo-o to be faster than its opponents before setting up, since it lets it take out Dragon-types and boost its defenses before getting hit. Roar is great for preventing Trick Room from being set up. Hard Trick Room teams will still put it up eventually, but Roar delays that.

Landorus-T provides more Intimidate and U-turn as well as Stealth Rock and a Ground immunity. U-turn is great to have for Kommo-o, as it often lets it get in safely. Although, I usually just send Kommo-o out after something faints. My three pivoters also resist every type between them besides Normal, Water, and Fairy.

Amaranth

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
UPL Champion
:sm/diancie-mega: :sm/tapu-koko: :sm/incineroar: :sm/celesteela: :sm/gastrodon: :sm/cresselia:

I originally made this team for the subforum teambuilding competition but the more I played it the more I realized it was genuinely really good and hard to beat, so after bringing it to a bunch of seasonal sets and other various tournament games and seeing it perform with incredible consistency I figured it was worth to post it here as well.

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 188 Atk / 68 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Protect

Tapu Koko @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 8 SpA / 56 SpD / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Nature's Madness

Incineroar @ Figy Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 SpD
Careful Nature
- Fake Out
- Taunt
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn

Celesteela @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 120 Atk / 12 Def / 128 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Gastrodon @ Groundium Z
EVs: 236 HP / 152 Def / 92 SpA / 28 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Protect

Cresselia @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 16 SpA / 144 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Toxic
- Moonlight

The team has a fast mode with Diancie-M and Tapu Koko, and a combination of these two plus Incineroar often ends up being the lead of choice in a majority of games. Diancie's Magic Bounce is a very handy tool in making sure Stealth Rocks don't land on my side of the field, and the momentum generated by either Koko or Incin often allows it to get rocks up of his own; after setting rocks things are usually still too healthy for Diancie to really do any progress, so they usually pivot out to the immensely fat second half of the team - notice how Celesteela and Cresselia allow me to easily pivot out of the Ground-type attacks that massively threaten all of Diancie, Koko, and Incin - which can then usually proceed to set Trick Room and begin forcing a ton of switches and residual damage between rocks, Steela's Leech Seed, Cresselia's Toxic, and moves that aren't terribly strong but are just strong enough to force switches if they're hitting supereffectively coming from both Steela and Gastrodon. When room ends you can full pivot back to Incin/Koko/Diancie or just take a turn to set Room again, and just continue to whittle down enemy health bars while dancing around threats with the stupidly tough to break Steela+Gastro+Cress core.

The team does suffer against a few offensive threats: Zygarde's TA is supereffective on 4 pokemon and neutral on 2, so you need to position very carefully and use Diancie's Moonblast threat outside of room to avoid the worst, and once the room goes up he's fairly easy to shrug off with Cress+Gastrodon, so it's manageable but it does require extra attention. Charizard-Y as well as a few other Fire-types are completely unthreatened by Celesteela and not terribly bothered by Gastrodon's Ice Beam or Cresselia's Psychic, but once again the team's fast mode options in Diancie and Koko do well in handling most of them if they have a momentum advantage, and Taunt Incin shuts down Trick Room to avoid unpleasant Camerupt scenarios. Overall there is nothing that can't be beat by Cress going Toxic into Moonlight spam (other than things that are Toxic immune), the problem is what they do to your other slot.

Last edited:
1569867556049.png
1569867771464.png
1569867570029.png
1569867581306.png
1569867592648.png
1569867603502.png

https://pokepast.es/0e03e6ebc0d02fd3

Tapu Koko and Alolan Raichu serve as the primary leads in this team. The main goal is to fake out the primary threat or TR setter to minimize any potential set-up or sweep. In most situations, Koko will then volt-turn on the safe option and send out Incineroar. Turn 2 will often mimic turn one wherein Incineroar now uses Fake Out on the primary threat while Raichu volt switches out. If a physically offensive threat is on the field, it is usually best to send out Lando-T with the Intimidate pressure and typing to avoid any ground attacks that might have been intended for Raichu.

Celesteela offers great switch in coverage for many typing and can usually leech seed stall most offensive threats off of the field.The primary end game goal for this team is to get Kommo-o on the field and safely use Clanglorious Soul-Blaze for the both the potential double kill and hugely important stat buff. The constant pivot ability between 4 team members, intimate pressure of 2, and the fake out threat of 2 will very often force the opponent into frequently unwanted swaps while still giving you last say on what the field looks like at the end of a turn.

The team does exceptionally well against rain and sandstorm teams thanks to some good typings and stall ability by Celesteela. Typical options like Pelipper can rarely use tailwind and turn 1 flinch stall will usually keep T-Tar from ever being able to attack at full strength once Incineroar and Lando-T are able to switch in. Terrain control also ensure that most of the Pokemon who have their speed doubled still will not outspeed Raichu. For this same reason, Raichu is typically led alongside Koko to ensure opposing Fake Out users do not outspeed this team.

Ground type is a significant threat with three weakness, but this team does a very good job of checking Lando-T. If led by the opponent, they rarely carry protect and Fake Out can easily nullify him on turn one while Koko volt-turns to get out Incineroa. Fake Out is done again while Raichu switches out into lando-T and at half strength, the opposing Lando-T is forced to switch out.

Successful usage of this team requires adequate predicting of opponents gameplan, specifically on the opening turn. Although Koko and Raichu are the typical leads, sometimes it is necessary to lead with Lando-T and Incineroar to check TR teams using Hoopa Unbound as a setter. The double U-Turn threat and Fake Out potential will usually prevent early TR setting.

TR teams and those centered on Tapu Lele are particularly problematic as TR prevents rotational synergy the team thrives on and Psychic Terrain eliminates the Fake Out threat. Most Leles are not scarfed and so leading with Koko will often result in losing the terrain control as they will remove Electric Terrain immediately.

HP Fire can be run on Koko but he is usually better off volt-turning out of those situations. Grass Knot on Raichu can be good coverage against Mega Swampert but T-Bolt allows Raichu to stay on the field and if untouched, Focus Sash will allow a volt switch on the following turn for additional late game threat. Psyshock is also an option.

Overall, this team is exceptionally dangerous and has the potential to cripple an opponent on the opening turn if they do not account for Raichu's speed or Fake Out threat.

Currently this team is in the Top 25 of the Doubles OU Ladder after adding Kommo-o.

:cresselia: :charizard-mega-y: :landorus-therian: :mew: :genesect: :tapu koko:

Cresselia @ Wiki Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 28 SpA / 64 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Ice Beam
- Helping Hand
- Toxic
- Moonlight

Landorus-Therian @ Iapapa Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Def / 136 SpA / 28 SpD / 48 Spe
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Tailwind
- Protect

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 184 Atk / 92 SpA / 232 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower

Mew @ Wiki Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 68 Def / 40 SpA / 12 SpD / 136 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fake Out
- Transform
- Defog

Tapu Koko @ Electrium Z
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Taunt
- Protect

I revamped a team that I have built for Teambuilding Competition centered around Cresselia. While I intended to replace the team with it as I thought the previous one had several issues, I didn't as it's now the voting stage. I'm surprised to see it saw some success in battle outside of the ladder and I want to see if others can do well with this team.

Anyway, Mega Charizard Y acts as a core with Cresselia as Moonlight heals more under Drought, in return, Cresselia boosts its Heat Wave's power with Helping Hand. Additionally, Cresselia has Toxic for bulkier threats such as Tapu Fini, Volcanion and Diancie. Initially, I choose Groundium Z set for Landorus as two of my Pokemon are immune to its Earthquake, but I've swapped to Bulky Pivot set since that didn't work well as I expected. Its Stealth Rock is useful for chipping Incineroar, Zapdos and Kyurem Black which can pose a threat to the team. With SR being hazardous to Mega Charizard Y, this Mew has Defog to remove it. Transform is there for transforming into Mega Charizard Y for additional firepower. Genesect is here for the power boost for Flamethrower in harsh sunlight and being able to threaten Kyurem and Zygarde. Finally, I add Tapu Koko as it can override Misty Terrain as well as I need a Z-move attacker.

As for threats to this team, rain teams will be a huge problem to it as there's no Water-type resistance. Mega Tyranitar is also something to beware of it would tear Charizard and Cresselia apart.

EVs: 252 HP / 124 Atk / 24 Def / 4 SpA / 104 SpD
Brave Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Protect
- Trick Room

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
EVs: 44 HP / 44 Def / 168 SpA / 8 SpD / 244 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Overheat
- Protect

Tapu Koko @ Iapapa Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Def / 32 SpA / 32 SpD / 160 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Dazzling Gleam
- Taunt
- Defog

Kartana @ Aguav Berry
EVs: 68 HP / 80 Atk / 4 Def / 160 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Substitute
- Protect

EVs: 252 HP / 44 Def / 108 SpA / 40 SpD / 64 Spe
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Protect

Mew @ Normalium Z
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Def / 12 SpA / 96 SpD / 88 Spe
Bold Nature
- Fake Out
- Tailwind
- Transform
- Ice Beam

During DPL5, I was invited to kaori's team to help out N1N1 for duu. After a couple weeks into it, N1 made a team for SMB in Dou that really piqued my curiosity. The team that he built was something similar that I had used during winter seasonals which was mega ZardY, lando, koko, kart, cress, and inci. During this time, bulky psychic types were really strong, but I stopped using this team because I noticed toxic, roar/whirlwind, and goth were becoming more prevalent in the meta. I hit a plateau a little before the draft for DPL5 started and I was questioning whether I could really compete against the top players like croven, stax, smb, and emforbes. Playing all those duu battles against n1n1 really boosted my confidence and I felt really good going into the spring seasonal. The team that n1n1 built consisted of the mons ZardY, lando, koko, kart, cress, and diancie. At this time, diancie was being brought up by a lot of the Dou community members for a ban and for good reason. Weakness policy diancie is so fucking good haha. SMB eventually used this team with a couple changes to it for DPL and it put in work. I decided to take the team that smb used and made a couple changes to it myself. When spring seasonals started, diancie was originally choice band, kartana was choice scarf, ZardY had sub, koko was a defensive variant with pinch berry instead of specs, and I took out cress in favor of mew with normalium Z. After a couple seasonal matches the team went 2-1. When Grand Prix started I changed diancie's item to weakness policy and replaced explosion for protect. I changed kartana's item for a pinch berry while replacing aerial ace and smart strike for sub and protect. Koko remained unchanged with keeping the same moveset with vswitch, gleam, taunt, and defog to support ZardY and to prevent opposing mons from setting up and to stop Trickroom or twind. Lando is a mon that I think personally has 4MSS but in the end I stuck with earth power, uturn, stealth rock, and protect with a pinch berry as its item. Mew kept the same moveset as well but I changed its EV spread by taking out some of its speed and putting it into defense and spedef since it was prone to getting doubled up on. Mew is honestly the MVP of this team since it's able to be so versatile with transform. It can scout out opposing mons movesets and abuse their abilities as well(fuck you goth lol), transform into ally mons, recover its health with z-transform, reduce damage from inci's knock off, use fake out, have speed control with twind, and ice beam is always a good attacking move to kill off lando, zyg, megamence, and grass types. After Grand Prix was over I finished 4-2 with the team(including spring seasonals). I decided to make a couple more tweaks to the team and took out sub from ZardY for overheat and changed the spread on diancie, koko, lando, and kart. When fall seasonals started I only used the team once against Qwello Lee during r3 winners in g2 and I got a win with it again. I'm currently 5-2 with the team in tours and it's honestly my favorite team for SM. I'm hoping players are willing to give this team a chance so I decided to share it with everyone else.

FloristtheBudew

I'm just tired

EVs: 252 HP / 124 Atk / 24 Def / 4 SpA / 104 SpD
Brave Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Protect
- Trick Room

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
EVs: 44 HP / 44 Def / 168 SpA / 8 SpD / 244 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Overheat
- Protect

Tapu Koko @ Iapapa Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Def / 32 SpA / 32 SpD / 160 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Dazzling Gleam
- Taunt
- Defog

Kartana @ Aguav Berry
EVs: 68 HP / 80 Atk / 4 Def / 160 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Substitute
- Protect

EVs: 252 HP / 44 Def / 108 SpA / 40 SpD / 64 Spe
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Protect

Mew @ Normalium Z
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Def / 12 SpA / 96 SpD / 88 Spe
Bold Nature
- Fake Out
- Tailwind
- Transform
- Ice Beam

During DPL5, I was invited to kaori's team to help out N1N1 for duu. After a couple weeks into it, N1 made a team for SMB in Dou that really piqued my curiosity. The team that he built was something similar that I had used during winter seasonals which was mega ZardY, lando, koko, kart, cress, and inci. During this time, bulky psychic types were really strong, but I stopped using this team because I noticed toxic, roar/whirlwind, and goth were becoming more prevalent in the meta. I hit a plateau a little before the draft for DPL5 started and I was questioning whether I could really compete against the top players like croven, stax, smb, and emforbes. Playing all those duu battles against n1n1 really boosted my confidence and I felt really good going into the spring seasonal. The team that n1n1 built consisted of the mons ZardY, lando, koko, kart, cress, and diancie. At this time, diancie was being brought up by a lot of the Dou community members for a ban and for good reason. Weakness policy diancie is so fucking good haha. SMB eventually used this team with a couple changes to it for DPL and it put in work. I decided to take the team that smb used and made a couple changes to it myself. When spring seasonals started, diancie was originally choice band, kartana was choice scarf, ZardY had sub, koko was a defensive variant with pinch berry instead of specs, and I took out cress in favor of mew with normalium Z. After a couple seasonal matches the team went 2-1. When Grand Prix started I changed diancie's item to weakness policy and replaced explosion for protect. I changed kartana's item for a pinch berry while replacing aerial ace and smart strike for sub and protect. Koko remained unchanged with keeping the same moveset with vswitch, gleam, taunt, and defog to support ZardY and to prevent opposing mons from setting up and to stop Trickroom or twind. Lando is a mon that I think personally has 4MSS but in the end I stuck with earth power, uturn, stealth rock, and protect with a pinch berry as its item. Mew kept the same moveset as well but I changed its EV spread by taking out some of its speed and putting it into defense and spedef since it was prone to getting doubled up on. Mew is honestly the MVP of this team since it's able to be so versatile with transform. It can scout out opposing mons movesets and abuse their abilities as well(fuck you goth lol), transform into ally mons, recover its health with z-transform, reduce damage from inci's knock off, use fake out, have speed control with twind, and ice beam is always a good attacking move to kill off lando, zyg, megamence, and grass types. After Grand Prix was over I finished 4-2 with the team(including spring seasonals). I decided to make a couple more tweaks to the team and took out sub from ZardY for overheat and changed the spread on diancie, koko, lando, and kart. When fall seasonals started I only used the team once against Qwello Lee during r3 winners in g2 and I got a win with it again. I'm currently 5-2 with the team in tours and it's honestly my favorite team for SM. I'm hoping players are willing to give this team a chance so I decided to share it with everyone else.
What's the reasoning for brave 31 speed ivs for diancie?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)