Resource Doubles OU Team Bazaar

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaSnapple

Hero in a half shell
is a Tiering Contributor
Boom Genesect Spectrier offense (ft. Yoda2798 & NotLPrimrose)

:Spectrier: :genesect: :blastoise: :naganadel: :landorus: :rillaboom:

I had been experimenting with the idea of explosion genesect + spectrier for a while and while in a pokepad session with Yoda and Primrose I brought up the idea and this is what we came up with.

Spectrier and Genesect make up the core of the team. Spectrier acts as the teams main win-con, setting up with nasty plot and being able to snowball quickly thanks to its ability beast boost. Spectrier was initially life orb but it was later changed to spell tag after one too many instances of Spectier fainting to Life Orb recoil. While it is gaining in popularity recently thanks to Nail's hazard stack team, choice band Genesect was practically never seen when this team was built so it had a nice surprise factor and paired very well with spectrier given it's explosion immunity.
From here Naganadel was added to give the team a form of speed control with Tailwind as well as being a strong offensive threat in it's own right who can snowball similarly to Spectrier. Rillaboom and Blastoise were added next in order to provide Fake out support for the team with Blastoise also being able to redirect attacks for its teamates with Follow Me and prevent opposing Trick Room with Roar. Finally landorus was added as a fast and powerful attacker and a counter to incineroar.

Replays:

Test game vs teal/that dude/ shut up shut up²
Room tour game vs Lord Death man
Test game vs Nido-Rus
Test game vs Sunrose
Test game vs SingleThunder
OSDT game vs Chloe

Stakataka Semiroom

:incineroar: :cresselia: :stakataka: :amoonguss: :landorus: :dragapult:

I built this team around Stakataka as it is a very strong Trick Room attacker with a Gyro Ball that rips though most of the tier. Next I added Cresselia as it's a bulkly Trick Room setter which pairs well with Stakataka as it is immune to ground type moves and resists fighting type moves. From here I added Incineroar as Fake out support because it's relatively low speed allows it to function well in Trick Room. Amoonguss was added next to provide redirection support and do which makes it easier to set up Trick Room as well protect its ally pokemon from attacks. its low speed stat also allows it to be very effective in Trick Room allowing it to Amooguss shenanigans with Spore. Finally Landorus and Dragapult were added as fast, Strong attackers that can function well outside of Trick Room.

Replays:

Friendly game vs dnagerbdager
Test game vs MZB
Test game vs Ninja
Doubles Majors game vs MADARAAAA
Fall Seasonals game vs Xrn

Guess I'll share a couple of teams that I built and used in-tournament before this generation ends.

Shift Gear Genesect
:rillaboom: :incineroar: :genesect: :blastoise: :landorus: :kyurem-black:
A team centered around setting up and sweeping with Shift Gear Genesect. Has three Fake Outs plus Follow Me for support. Genesect itself is EV'd to have optimal HP for Life Orb recoil and is one point ahead of Modest Heatran. Landorus is there as a strong Special Attacker that deals with Fire-types and Kyurem-B provides bulky Speed control.

:ghosthorse: feat. "unviable" Scrafty
:rillaboom: :naganadel: :spectrier: :scrafty: :volcanion: :genesect:
I was inspired to use Snarl plus Will-O-Wisp with Throat Spray Spectrier after I saw one of my opponents for OSDT use it. Scrafty does have advantages over Incineroar in that it isn't weak to Rock or Ground, which is nice against Necrozma. It also has Dragon Tail which is nice to stop setup. Rillaboom is fast with High Horsepower to OHKO Heatran. I often used Focus Sash Naganadel to be more reliable in setting Tailwind, but also used Life Orb at times. Volcaion is Safety Goggles to better check Amoonguss and Genesect is a pretty standard Choice Scarf set.

Frixel

Double down
is a Social Media Contributor
With the end of SS, I guess I will share some of my favorite builds (quality not assured)

:naganadel::rillaboom::heatran::blastoise::zygarde::genesect:
This is a team I built for Ninja during OSDT to play vs Paraplegic. Initially it had nihi over genesect, but stacking triple ground weakness proved to be very unsucesfull, but this variation gets the job done as it allows to setup with genesect or support naga/zyg/tran to put pressure in the opponent.

:kyurem-black::mew::rillaboom::zygarde::incineroar::genesect:
This is a basic Hazard Stack. It was build during BLT to play vs Crunchman, who at the time had fat tendencies, but I misplayed throughout the whole game. The idea is to take advantage of positioning to set hazards and threaten your opponents with wop/snarl mew, who can be very passive at times, and force switches with strong attaclers in Lando-I, Genesect and Dragon Tail Kyub.

:zeraora::zygarde::naganadel::rillaboom::celesteela::volcanion:
This team was build in colaboration with Yellow Paint to play in BLT vs Actuarily. Double Dragon + Volcanion seemed very good into the scout, who had lots of Fires, Steels and Grounds, while Volc is a nice complement to the core.
Replay

:dragapult::volcanion::rillaboom::celesteela::zeraora::zygarde:
This is another team built for Ninja during OSDT and is by far the most offmeta, yet something I enjoey to play. He wanted to have something around coaching a CB Dragapult, who is a somewhat good cleanup lategame and has the surprise factor. The only mon that is actually viable to coach Dragapult is Zeraora, and the rest of the team is built around it with a more offensive approach.

:sylveon::incineroar::tapu fini::zygarde::porygon2::dragapult:
This was the first team I built with Crunchman's help. At the time, I thought Fairy Spam was very decent into the meta and wanted to try it. Sylveon + Fini is the core, with Sylv at +1 doing at least 50 to non resists, P2 is the TR setter and the rest is pretty self explanatory.

Last edited:

Meminger21

Lágrimas Ocultas
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
After getting out of every tour this year, I decided to post all of my teams that I think are decent since there isn't much to do with them. Overall, I'm pretty happy with my results, classic finals, top 4 on ssnl, winning 3 team tours (one of them being dpl) and semis on invitationals where I went way further than I thought I could go and being knock out by a lot of hax on g1 and playing g3 really badly

:Spectrier: :Diancie: :Rillaboom: :Urshifu-Rapid-Strike: :Naganadel: :Genesect:
This is one of my favorite teams that I used on invitationals, I stole the idea from KennyJ team that he posted on bazaar of snarl wisp Spectrier, although grassy seed is probably better from the games I played. Also this is one of the few teams that I have that doesn't have a fire-type. The team is really offensive and features a lot of really good mons that work together.

:Necrozma: :Dragapult: :Heatran: :Amoonguss: :Naganadel: :Indeedee-F:

I built this team a while ago and it's centered around DD pult, there's a terrain control so fini won't be too annoying and 2 redirection. Not the best team but I like it.

:Dragapult: :Amoonguss: :Indeedee-F: :Mew: :Celesteela: :Cinderace:
It's a psyspam with Cinderace and DD pult, the idea is that Cinderace checks a bunch of mons that pult has trouble playing against, like fini, p2 and incin (It koes all of them).

:Rillaboom: :Urshifu-Rapid-Strike: :Heatran: :Mew: :Diancie: :Naganadel:
It looks like the first team, but it has Mew and Heatran instead, I used it vs Akaru on ptpl and it won so it must be good

:Celesteela: :Tapu-Fini: :Incineroar: :Diancie: :Mew: :Tsareena:
This is probably one of my favorite teams that I built this generation, whenever I was in doubt of what to use I used this team. I might write an RMT so I won't go into much detail, but it's basically centered around the core of Diancie and Tsareena being really good together, while Mew can also set trick room and the other mons just fit well in this team. Btw I built it in the teambuilding competition, 8 months ago, and I only changed 1 move on the original team.

:Mew: :Incineroar: :Rillaboom: :Dragapult: :Urshifu-Rapid-Strike: :Celesteela:
When I made Crunchman 's scout I thought that Toxic Spikes could be a good idea, the problem is that I didn't have a team with it, so I asked NotlPrimRose if she had one and she gave me this team. I made some small changes like Super Fang on Mew and Hydro on Dragapult, but I'm still not sure if it's the best team, I feel like it's too weak to zeraora, I tried naga and kyube instead of pult but it got even worse, overall tho it's a pretty nice team that won the game it was supposed to win.

:Volcanion: :Nihilego: :Zeraora: :Porygon2: :Latios: :Rillaboom:
I built this during dpl and it's based around Nihilego+Volcanion, I really liked the team but it has too many problems and you can just use diancie+volcanion that it will give you better results.

:Nihilego: :Incineroar: :Tapu-Fini: :Whimsicott: :Celesteela: :Zygarde:
I first used this on dpl and it's built around Nihilego, if you want a more detailed explanation go here

:Aegislash: :Rillaboom: :Mew: :Zeraora: :Urshifu-Rapid-Strike: :Incineroar:
I have no idea when I built this, but it has Aegislash and it's a decent team.

:Torkoal: :Venusaur: :Pheromosa: :Tsareena: :Zygarde: :Diancie:
I really like this team, I didn't use it a lot of times, but when I did it permormed very well. It's a sun team with DD Zygarde and Diancie, very standard, but it has Helping Hand Tsareena! I think I've never seen someone using it and it's a really nice move on Tsareena, not the best one, since Taunt is really good and other niche options like High Jump Kick and Feint are usually better, but I think it works pretty well on this team and it can get a lot of people off guard.

:Urshifu-Rapid-Strike: :Kyurem-Black: :Amoonguss: :Zeraora: :Heatran: :Mew:
Kyurem-B with Amoonguss is nice vs Urshifu-R and allows Kyube to run Lefts. Coaching Zeraora is also nice. The team is really weak to Incin, but it's manageable (probably)

:Tapu-Lele: :Kyurem-Black: :Diancie: :Volcanion: :Celesteela: :Amoonguss:
Here's another team that I really liked. It has a bunch of broken stuff and an Amoonguss to do its thing. It's a bit hard to play with but it works.

:Naganadel: :Rillaboom: :Incineroar: :Mew: :Landorus: :Tapu-Fini:
This team used to be my favorite and most reliable team, but I think it's too passive and lacks a true wincon. I still like the team, but I don't think it aged very well, it's also really bad into hazards so if you wanna use it consider putting boots on incin.

:Rillaboom: :Diancie: :Volcanion: :Mew: :Landorus-Therian: :Celesteela:
I used this team only one time, in invitational vs JRL, and it lost the game. The team itself is nice and I really liked it, but it struggles vs some stuff and there's a lando-t.

Thanks for everyone that helped me throughout this generation, it was pretty fun. I'm not sure if I'll keep playing for this next generation, maybe I will but probably lot less, well we'll see.

Last edited:
https://pokepast.es/97deaa08c764bcfb

this is the sandstorm team I made for gen 8 and it is my pride and joy of pokemon (i revised the team over 200+ times from when it was created), overall the team has been pretty successful in doubles OU though it does have a few weaknesses. it usually has around 60-75% win rate from about 1000-1300 however I have not tested it beyond 1300. (mostly bc my dumbass starts playing around with random dumb teams to mess around out and my ladder rank plummets bc of it)
this is generally how i play/use it
dracovish: generally a good sweeper and safe switch-in for other mons. sand force lets it outspeed everything in the game and a mystic water boosted rend does massive damage, sand rush is its greatest asset so without sandstorm it becomes somewhat of a sitting duck
incinaroar: pivot, intimidate, and fake out, don't be afraid to let it die as its usefulness has its limits but generally try to keep it alive if you can. avoid having it out on the field for long periods of time.
Excadrill: sweeper and decently effective against gastro doc, a sand force + soft sand boosted high horsepower will generally 1-2 shot most things you come across can its resistances help it tank a few hits but it is extremely brittle against its weaknesses.
Hippowdon: ALWAYS LEAD HIPPOWDON AND KEEP IT ALIVE. NEVER risking running out on sandstorm as it will kill you. all besides 2 mons are immune to sandstorm (amoonguss and incinaroar) so the sandstorm damage will not do much to hinder you, dracovish and excadrill rely on sandstorm to work so keeping it going is a top priority. ice fang will 1 shot landorus and no one ever expects it so you generally will not need to worry about landorus. keeping this pokemon in is advised as it is quite tanky and often gets ignored a good amount of the time.
amoonguss: spore, clear smog, pollen puff, and rage power will be your best friends. if you have 2 brain cells then you should know how to use it well.
Nidoking: maybe the strongest mon on the team? sludge wave, earth power, fire blast, and thunderbolt cover a lot of weaknesses and disadvantages and sheerforce when combined with life orb makes it an extremely powerful wallbreaker. I find that leading with hippowdon + nidoking has the best results.

feel free to make any changes or edits to the team and use it!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)