Tournament Doubles Premier League 9 - SEMI FINALS

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryo yamada2001

ryo yamada2001
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

congratulations to all the teams who made it in!
pour one out for the church, lands, cratermakers, and tramplers. ggs
PLAYER RECORDS SHEET | PUBLIC SCHEDULE SHEET (courtesy of big pichu)

Slateport City Sp_ndas (1) vs (6) Spikemuth Spectral Thieves

SV: umbry vs robjr
SV: Mizuhime vs JRL
SV: Xrn vs Wille
DUU: Eisenherz vs EternalSnowman
SS: Star vs zoe
SM: Nails vs Grandmas Cookin
XY: Mako vs Croven
BW: Lunar. vs Mishimono

Snowpoint City Cold Crew (2) vs (6) Santalune Storms

SV: Fangame10 vs YoBuddy
SV: Chris32156 vs Paraplegic
SV: Feyy vs raf
DUU: AIRedzone vs Actuarily
SS: Ninja vs Shadowmonstr7
SM: SMB vs GenOne
XY: Amaranth vs SingleThunder
BW: Akaru Kokuyo vs DaWoblefet

The deadline for this round is Monday, May 1 01:00 GMT+1
Activity losses and late schedulers will be punished by marks of shame!​

Last edited:
STORMS STORMS STORMS STORMS STORMS STORMS STORMS STORMS STORMS STORMS STORMS STORMS STORMS STORMS STORMS STORMS STORMS STORMS STORMS STORMS STORMS STORMS STORMS STORMS STORMS STORMS STORMS STORMS STORMS STORMS STORMS STORMS STORMS STORMS STORMS STORMS STORMS STORMS STORMS STORMS STORMS STORMS STORMS STORMS STORMS STORMS STORMS STORMS STORMS STORMS STORMS STORMS STORMS STORMS STORMS STORMS STORMS STORMS STORMS STORMS STORMS STORMS STORMS STORMS STORMS STORMS STORMS STORMS STORMS STORMS STORMS STORMS STORMS STORMS STORMS STORMS STORMS STORMS STORMS STORMS STORMS STORMS STORMS STORMS STORMS STORMS STORMS STORMS STORMS STORMS STORMS STORMS STORMS STORMS STORMS STORMS

Snowpoint City Cold Crew (8) vs (0) Santalune Storms
SV: Fangame10 vs YoBuddy
SV: Chris32156 vs Pareplegic
SV: Feyy vs raf
DUU: AIRedzone vs Actuarily
SS: Ninja vs Shadowmonstr7
Sm: SMB vs GenOne
XY: Amaranth vs Singlethunder
BW: Akaru kokuyo vs DaWoblefet

Last edited:

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Predicts :)
Slateport City Sp_ndas (8) vs (0) Spikemuth Spectral Thieves
SV: umbry vs robjr
robjr has had a solid season but I think umbry is just a much more consistent performer

SV: Mizuhime vs JRL
Bit of a surprising one probably given JRL's great record but I gotta back my fellow DOU boomer here :)

SV: Xrn vs Wille
Seems like a cool guy. idk I dont really know either player

DUU: Eisenherz vs EternalSnowman
Eisenherz, O Eisenherz! My Polaris! My shining star in the north, who will guide DUU to the true metagame, its utopia, its Eden. We have seen the beginning: the Bellibolt with the Policy of Weakness. But I say to you: this is merely a shimmer of the light that is to come. When the true glory of DUU is unleashed, we shall burn in the light; the impurities shall turn to ashes, Tinkaton will become unviable, and the Jugulis and Treads of Iron shall melt in the astral radiance of Innovation.

Eisenherz has vanquished many a foe. He treads now upon the earth he has claimed from many a weaker opponent; he finds nourishment from the abject despair of the enemies who flee before his name (and his home-brewed kombucha). He wields two powerful weapons: in one hand, the power of metagame innovation as his sword, with which he cuts down the soulless shambling abominations of the Tree. One legend claims that he once defeated 329 men using nothing but Musharna / Alolan Golem / Octillery / Mega Abomasnow. In his other hand is his shield: the sheer consistency of his Battle Tree records, his Aegis against the adversaries who dare beset him. Many would only dream of winning 10 battles in a row, or 50; those who win hundreds we now know as myths and legends, their names mentioned only in hushed tones, as if perhaps they never existed. But Eisenherz has run through thousands of weaker combatants before without so much as the shadow of a falter, with nary a quiver of his adjucating hand. And Eisenherz is real, very real.

His skill was forged in the fires of the Battle Facilities Discord server, a place few mortals of sound mind would dare visit. A place of screaming insanity, which drives many a man to FEAR and loathing. But not Eisenherz, no: where a lesser man would have faltered in their resolve, Eisenherz only became stronger from the struggle. He studied the weakness of many a giant, and learnt to dance around the blows of the infernal nemeses. He laughed with the choruses of chaos, and sang their demise back to them. His nimble feet carried him up the tree, far beyond any heights a man could dream of. And lest any should accuse him of being divine, know that he, too, lost eventually: one fatal misstep was enough. One hasty switch. One chilling freeze. And, after thousands of wins, one loss.

And the Tree, the immense Yggdrasil of Pokemon, shook. Once.

SS: Star vs zoe
I think Star is pretty good at Pokemon

SM: Nails vs Grandmas Cookin
Nails beat me so he must be the best SM player in the pool :)

XY: Mako vs Croven
Predict against Croven

BW: Lunar. vs Mishimono
Mishi loses to mono dragon

Lunar.

is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
DPL Champion
I usually do predictions for these tournaments but I don't enjoy doing them if I don't have time to do research on the games. Long predictions aren't helpful if you don't really know what you're talking about.. I have been busy working on other things so I basically haven't watched any games this dpl.. BUT with the lack of predictions this season I figured why not at least do some! Sorry if they aren't the best, these are more based off results and the few games I have seen from these players! (also not doing my team for obvious reasons)

Anyway here are predictions:

Snowpoint City Cold Crew (3) vs (5) Santalune Storms

SV: Fangame10 vs YoBuddy - Both are solid players who had fairly off seasons from what you'd expect. Fangame started off fairly good with a 2-1 record but is on a 3 loss streak while YoBuddy had a fairly weak start going 1-3 but bounced back a bit winning their last 2 SV games. I'd say they are both fairly even but I've liked the teams out of the Storms a bit more and YoBuddy has looked slightly better, but this is very close!

SV: Chris32156 vs Paraplegic - I think this match is a lot closer than people think. Chris#s may be 4-3 but 2 of these losses are in SS. SV DOU Chris is actually 4-1, only losing to Nido-Rus who had a great run. However, Chris finds himself vs Paraplegic who has looked basically untouchable so far with a 5-1 SV record. The records are close but Paraplegic is definitely given the edge as he has had so much control in his matches. If there is someone that can pull the "upset" though it can definitely be Chris! Another close game!

SV: Feyy vs raf - Feyy is crazy for qualifying on multiple accounts for dlt LOL. They definitely have a LOT of knowledge of SV DOU and it shows with thier solid 4-2 record. With that said, one of their 2 losses is actually raf! With a slow 0-2 start, raf bounced back hard winning 3 matches in a row against all solid players. I'd say raf is looking like one of the better SV DOUers in this pool at this point, but Feyy is just wild I think they are going to find a way. I said this about all three of the games but I think the SV players on both these teams are fairly even and it can go either way. I give Feyy the edge just based off how much experience they seem to have in this tier, but raf won once so they definitely can again.

DUU: AIRedzone vs Actuarily - I am sick of saying this but another very close game.. Both these players finished top 2 in the pool with 5-2 records. Both looked extremely good in their games and build-wise have looked slightly ahead of the meta. They are definitely the leading forces to DUU and this is a match to watch. when they played AIRedzone was able to get the edge and beat Actuarily, but like Feyy I think Actuarily will win the run back. This is play offs, a new level of stress is added and if you have been in this situation before I will usually give you the edge. Actuarily has been here before, will it effect AIRedzone? Or will they win again vs one of the top doubles players around right now.

SS: Ninja vs Shadowmonstr7 - Its a little hard to tell where Ninja is at as they didn't play a portion of the season. With a 2-2 record you can't say they are out of form but some of those games involved a fair bit of luck. Shadowmonstr has looked very strong this season, going 5-2 and tying for best record in SS DOU. I think Shadowmonstr does have a few things holding them back this series though. They reuse teams or styles a lot, they lost 2 of the last three games they played, and one of those was to Ninja. Yes again I am predicting the person who lost last time to win again, but I think Shadowmonstr has just looked stronger and if their team can help in the builder I definitely see them outplaying here.

SM: SMB vs GenOne - GenOne has had a very average season going 3-3, not playing the week they would've been up against SMB. SMB on the other hand has looked strong this season, going 5-2 in a fairly strong pool of players. This is the first game this series I feel you can strongly side with a player. GenOne is definitely good and will bring almost anything as long as they think it will win, but SMB is not the kind of player you can just win against by throwing something new at them. With that said, if GenOne can pull a solid match up, with an edge they are definitely good enough to win this game. Heavily favoring SMB though.

XY: Amaranth vs SingleThunder - Both players have had fairly rough seasons but for different reasons. I think Amaranth is a very strong XY player but was stuck in BW DOU for over half the season. Their XY games have looked much better than their BW games and I think if Amaranth started in XY instead this would've been an entirely different season for them. SingleThunder is someone who has been in XY quite a few times but never has been able to put up the results like these other players. I think SingleThunder is good at starting strong but fails to find the correct win paths and eventually will flop a very demanding position. XY is where Amaranth thrives, and I feel they will capitalize on SingleThunder's weaker mid to late game and ultimately come out on top.

BW: Akaru Kokuyo vs DaWoblefet - I never in my life would have predicted Akaru to go 1-6. They are a very strong player and this is just not like them at all. I want to say I believe in them bouncing back here but they are up against one of, if not, the best BW DOUer to ever do it. DaWob has gone 4-2 which is a good record but for them it is actually considered a "weak" season. Despite the "weak" season from DaWob he is very clearly still in form and even though I do strongly believe Akaru could bounce back, I cant say it'll happen here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)