Tournament Doubles Premier League 9 - Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryo yamada2001

ryo yamada2001
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

play dpp
thank you talkingtree for helping out with the sheet
PLAYER RECORDS SHEET | PUBLIC SCHEDULE SHEET (courtesy of big pichu)

Spikemuth Spectral Thieves (4) vs (4) Rustboro Baptist Church
SV: robjr vs ratpacker
SV: Wille vs freezai
SV: JRL vs Nido-Rus
DUU: EternalSnowman vs big pichu
SS: emma vs Noelle
SM: Croven vs kaori
XY: Grandmas Cookin vs Yellow Paint
BW: Mishimono vs DaAwesomeDude1

Paldea Cratermakers (4) vs (4) Browbeat Lands
SV: jonas vs MADARAAAA
SV: Arcticblast vs miltankmilk
SV: Zeal vs eragon11145
DUU: Frixel vs Nephtyrix
SS: Animus vs Meminger21
SM: Tman vs Ann
XY: zee vs talkingtree
BW: smudgerox vs KyleCole

Tohjo Tramplers (6) vs (2) Snowpoint City Cold Crew
SV: luisin vs Sanjay das
SV: papiloco vs Fangame10
SV: Yuichi vs Feyy
DUU: bage1 vs AIRedzone
SS: tyo vs Chris32156
SM: MajorBowman vs SMB
XY: Memoric vs Akaru Kokuyo
BW: Spurrific vs Amaranth

Santalune Storms (4) vs (4) Slateport City Sp_ndas
SV: Paraplegic vs Mizuhime
SV: YoBuddy vs umbry
SV: raf vs Xrn
DUU: Actuarily vs Hys
SS: Shadowmonstr7 vs Star
SM: GenOne vs Nails
XY: SingleThunder vs Mako
BW: DaWoblefet vs Lunar.

The deadline for this round is Monday, March 27 02:00 GMT+1
Activity losses will be punished by marks of shame!​

Last edited:

Z Strats

Banned deucer.
Doing SS predicts again, I'm currently at 100%.

tyo vs Chris32156 - Already happened but before the game started I said in DOUcord I predict tyo, so I'm counting it. Nice to see tramplers finally put tyo in SS it's what I thought they should've had week 1. I don't really agree with Chrisnumbers in SS over Ninja, even if Ninja had a bad game he's generally who I consider the better SS player and Chris won in SV last week even if SS is his better tier. The game itself was a good watch both players ended up bringing their comfort picks which makes sense from a rfn. Tyo had a really bad t1 and fell behind early but was able to play well after that somehow clutching the win with a p2 and ferro outside of trick room the entire time and a kingdra outside of rain the entire game, super fun game to watch.

Animus vs Meminger21 - Not gonna lie I didn't love what I saw from either of them last week but they did both play well enough to pick up the win. Meminger brought what felt like an older style of team I didn't like too much and while I don't think he played amazing he definitely played better than his opponent and won in a game where I don't think he had matchup. Animus brought whims psyspam which is something that's seen more use this dpl than I would've expected since I consider it just an okay type of team, I am however a big fan of sunny day whims + Tran. I don't think Animus play was anything special until the end, he fell behind early and kind of got some help and played to his outs to squeak a victory. With both players just barely winning last week I am going to bold Meminger for the upset here, I'm pretty convinced that Animus is fairly more focused on VGC right now and with a regional coming up I expect Meminger to be good enough this dpl to capitalize on this and pick up the win.

emma vs NotlPrimRose - Interesting match here as we see Primrose in for Lemurro which makes sense to me. Kind of wish it was duckpond instead, he was struggling in SV but has good SS records to his name but I understand giving him a break. For the Thieves we see Emma in again which does surprise me to see over Zoe a bit since emma got lucky into choked last week and her spl team just made playoffs which is where I expect a lot of her focus to be. This is a tough one for me because I think it really just depends on how much effort Emma will put into this game. If Emma preps for Prims type of teams I definitely think she has the edge since Prim loves a particular style of teams. If Emma just treats this as a just pick something solid type of week though, I could see her falling behind and losing the game. I'm going to give Emma the benefit of the doubt and bold her, she's usually very fired up after a loss really wanting to win and I think even if busy she'll find the time to prep properly and give herself the advantage to win the game.

XY: Grandmas Cookin vs Yellow Paint

Much to Memoric's dismay, Gma is currently 2-0 in DPL with some games where they've managed to find winpaths in what looked like some pretty dire scenes. Gma's also one of the people that I think will be extremely active in building and testing, which I think will mess with Paint's attempts to exploit patterns in the builder. YP's teams have been wild, Superpower Volcanion in week 1 and of course GeoPass in week 2, and he's got solid playing ability, so I don't think it's that far skewed. 55/45 gma

XY: Memoric vs Akaru Kokuyo

Akaru would be 2-0 if not for a series of unfortunate events against YP week 1 and I rate him top 3 in the pool minimum. Memoric on the other hand has run to XY to avoid a surefire defeat from Amaranth. Jokes aside, Memo's probably also in that top 3 of the XY pool and I think that makes this game the XY highlight of the week. XY is once again going through a metagame cycle and we're starting to see some new developments from the builders, which Memoric will be telling you about soon, and I think this does favor Memo who's the better builder. But, just like Memo said about me week 1, something tells me he's going to cook too hard and Akaru will play a clean game with few mistakes. 51/49 akaru

XY: SingleThunder vs Mako

xy? SingleThunder has shown some tremendous growth in their proficiency of this tier since I first started playing with them, and I think a lot of that has showed in their recent tournament games. But if you read my line about Memo and Akaru being top 3 in the pool and are wondering who else I'm included in this group: it's Mako. I got my shit ROCKED by them week 1 and they took a close L to Gma in a sand mirror where Gma's other pieces definitely gave them a stark MU advantage. I've really liked Mako's team choices so far, and while I haven't hated SingleThunder's seeing a Keldeo in 2023 is always gonna make shudder a little bit. A MU where I'd be hyped to be proven wrong, but 60/40 Mako

no one player is 2-0 in XY and I think that's really cool. gonna be a great week for gaming.

My DUU predictions last week were 33% accurate (technically 50% because my teammates did lose brain cells watching me Aqua Jet into the wrong slot), so I'm aiming for 33% or lower this week for consistency.

DUU: EternalSnowman vs Big Pichu
ESM improved their teambuilding between weeks 1 and 2, which tells me they've found their footing in this tier. Once again, big pichu has excellent teambuilding support but I think ESM can pilot better and bring home a point for the Thieves. Something tells me this will be a close game.

DUU: Frixel vs Nephtyrix
I don't really know much about either player, but I do know that Frixel has quite a bit of experience and played really well last week. I don't think subbing Relicanth out for Nephtyrix was the right call; even though he lost both his games, they've both been incredibly close and a bit of RNG would have changed their outcomes. Either way, I'm excited to see what both players bring.

DUU: Actuarily vs Hys
Actuarily has been speedrunning his games for the last two weeks, and I'd expect him to do the same here. His teams can handle a variety of threats, so Hys will really have to work hard in the builder for a favorable matchup.

DUU: bagel vs AIRedzone
Someone pass me a team pls, I have no idea what I'm going to bring

Other assorted predictions:

SV: Zeal vs eragon11145
I have to predict in favor of fellow westie eragoat every week that he doesn't play my team. Pls build something funny thx

SV: JRL vs Nido-Rus
I'd imagine the majority of predictions are in favor of JRL, but I really want to see Nido pull through here. His teambuilding is really unique and disruptive to most prep.

SV: jonas vs MADARAAA
Get your revenge for seasonal :woo:

BW: smudgerox vs KyleCole
Go smudge go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)