Doubles RMT subforum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its difficult to navigate through the 6 gen RMT forums to find a doubles topic someone has posted. There are a lot but a heck of a lot more singles so they get over shadowed. It could benefit the people who enjoy doubles to see each other teams without the painful job of trying to find the topics.

Doubles population is growing strong and is second most popular to OU, time for a subforum?

We don't get enough doubles RMTs for there to be a seperate forum. For BW teams we've got the "other teams" forum to deal with exactly that problem - once XY settles down a bit we'll set up something similar.

We don't get enough doubles RMTs for there to be a seperate forum. For BW teams we've got the "other teams" forum to deal with exactly that problem - once XY settles down a bit we'll set up something similar.
Thanks for the reply.
My counter throught is that perhaps a lot of people hold back posting their teams because its very messy and not obvious where to post. And if you do post, it usually goes way down on thr list or page 2 quickly due to vast numbers of OU teams. Doubles on Smogon server in showdown simulator is second most popular to OU so maybe people would post and be a hub for doubles community

jake

underdog of the year
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
It'd be a good idea to add tags for XY Doubles, LC, and Ubers teams, though, just like there are in the BW Other Teams section (like here). I don't know if you guys are planning to hold off until PokeBank so you don't have to tag everything with PokeBank LC / LC etc, but having a clickable sorting function is nice and I used it when I was looking through just NU teams rather than having to sort them all out.

Last edited:
It's feasible. Actually, I'll add it right now.
Hi Haunter, Thanks for the reply.

Are you considering adding a new forum for doubles in the future? As already discussed its the second most popular in battle simulator and doubles team is the official style for ninetendo tournaments. I think such a forum would be very active and help boost the techincal side and players by giving more direct exposure.

haunter

Banned deucer.
Hi, I'm not sure that adding a dedicated forum for doubles would be the best idea, but I might change my mind according to how popular the tier becomes in the next months. When our 6th gen tiers become stable, we're gonna have to restructure the whole RMT forum and I'm willing to add dedicated subforums for the most popular tiers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)