Project Doubles Teambuilding Competition - Closed

laptops

everything is beautiful
is a Tiering Contributor
Way to go Croven! Your team has earned you a spot in the hall of fame! Moving forward to this week's round...

1543440849407.png

Your building challenge this week is going to be Lurantis. This leafy mon crept on to the viability rankings earlier this month despite its underwhelming stats. However, in the current meta, teams often carry multiple intimidate users and Lurantris' ability contrary lets it capitalize on this fact. It sits at a rather low speed tier and, as a result, is often seen on a team carrying a trick room user. With access to superpower, it has the ability to become quite threatening if given the chance to set up under trick room. It has a somewhat shallow movepool and this can leave its set predictable, but other pokemon, such as incineroar, show that this is not necessarily a problem. How will you decide to utilize this mon? Show us below!

Submissions deadline is Sunday, December2nd at 11:59pm EST

Last edited:
trick room
Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Download
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Recover
- Ice Beam
- Protect

Hariyama @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Fake Out
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab

Lurantis @ Assault Vest
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab

Incineroar @ Figy Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Def
Brave Nature
- Fake Out
- Knock Off
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn

Milotic @ Waterium Z
Ability: Competitive
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpA
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Protect
- Recover

Audino-Mega @ Audinite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Trick Room
- Incinerate
- Magic Coat
- Heal Pulse
I didn't work very hard on spreads, just 252/252 for most of them and ripped off a smogon set for milo.

Mega Audino is probably a cmonBruh mon, but with 4 pretty strong TR attackers, I figured it wouldn't matter whether or not the setters were passive, so long as I could ensure TR would be effective and keep going up when I wanted it to. This team tries to take advantage of the fact that a lot of people's best answers to trick room are either strong offensive leads, have intimidate, or hold a berry in order to survive a little longer. This team however is probably easily exploited by psyspam, it probably wants/needs to be refined in order to deal with it more easily (the obvious answer would just be Tapu Fini > Milotic and a better mega, but I feel like that would really fuck up Hariyama's Guts more than Audino's Healer, and fini relying on berry recovery and having an additional weakness and less power is a drawback from Milotic, and nothing can replace the meme power of using Mega Audino).

This is a pretty straightforward set, Ice Beam helps deal with zygarde and stuff, Protect keeps me from getting bodied, Recover keeps me alive. I generally don't like psychic trick room setters since they are weak to knock off and u-turn, and often have shitty recovery options, and this sorta isn't like that.

Another straightforward set, but you have to be careful not to put Mega Audino next to this unless you really have to, as it can remove the guts boost with healer. The solution would probably just be to heal pulse Hariyama on the switch-in, and if the boost is lost, fake out+trick room/switch out audino to stall out the nerfed turn. As far as why it's here, it's super strong and is auto-statused to deal with z trick room and amoonguss, and gets fake out ofc.

week 20 mon. Also deals with Intimidate in an interesting way, while its great coverage lets it take on the world under trick room. It's a great mon tbh, tier 0 worthy.

Lucifer Sam. It's strong, can spam Intimidate, has Fake Out. All around good pokemon.

Another good check for Incineroar, this has a z move just because none of the mons on the team had a z move yet. This is here instead of Tapu Fini because it's stronger and slightly bulkier on the special side, and because the terrain would fuck up Hariyama's Guts, AND because it has better recovery than just a berry.

0 SpA Audino-Mega Incinerate vs. 36 HP / 112 SpD Kartana: 204-240 (76.1 - 89.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO - kinda neat, Kartana can't set up sub while under trick room and loses its berry.
Audino's mega form isn't necessarily much better to be in than its non-mega form, as Regenerator and a lack of a steel/poison weakness helps it take hits from things that would otherwise KO the mega form, while also not interfering with Hariyama's Guts. Mega-evolving is something you'd want to do if you were about to take a heavy hit and needed it to live. Heal Pulse provides recovery for Hariyama and Lurantis and keeps Incineroar and Milotic healthy. Magic Coat is there to help deal with sleep and taunt, though this one is a little bit filler as I have fake out support and healer. With Incinerate, Audino has something it can do against the overly-fruitful 50% berry meta game while also acting as a strong way to deal with roar Suicune, which would otherwise just prevent trick room being set for fucking forever by not dying when it's supposed to and roaring the setters.

On the other hand...
252 SpA Deoxys-Attack Shattered Psyche (200 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Eviolite Porygon2 in Psychic Terrain: 435-513 (116.3 - 137.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Deoxys-Attack Shattered Psyche (200 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Audino-Mega in Psychic Terrain: 382-451 (93.1 - 110%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO
:/ This is depressing. Working around this would probably require some prediction and potential sacrifice, but since Deoxys-Attack is a piece of paper and Lele doesn't like taking hits from any of my mons, I think this can be played well into a win.

n10siT

Hoopa can do anything!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

[18:46:25] Nido-Rus: n10 there's an easy solution
[18:46:32] Nido-Rus: replace magmar with delibird

edit: i got to finals of a roomtour with this and only lost bc i got haxed immensely outplayed by embc delibird to tier 5

so theres not a ton to say about the first 5 mons, lurantis/p2/camel/diancie/fini is an existing hard trick room core popularized by uh someone better at mons than me, its one of the few hard tr builds thats not outright weak to incineroar, and its worst issues are opposing grass types, amoong and bulu. a lot of work went into the 6th slot. originally it was life orb hoopa-c, but without some sort of tr support the team can really struggle. i tried foul play amoonguss, but decided that really didnt do anything to solve the amoonguss mu. then of course someone suggested magmar, which sounded fun but 100% always just a worse incineroar. and then the great nido rus found the solution: DELIBIRD! a sleep immune fake out that also beats lando and resists grass?!?!?!?1 sign me the FUCK up i am thrilled about this delibird set ladies and gentleman u just fake out and destiny bond and hopefully u get lucky enough to freeze dry something for close to important damage merry christmas everyone

Lurantis @ Fightinium Z
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- Protect

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 16 SpA / 92 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Trick Room
- Recover

Tapu Fini @ Wiki Berry
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Muddy Water
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Protect

Camerupt-Mega @ Cameruptite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 240 HP / 212 SpA / 56 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Protect

Diancie @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 140 Atk / 116 SpD
Brave Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Trick Room
- Protect

Delibird @ Focus Sash
Ability: Insomnia
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Fake Out
- Freeze-Dry
- Destiny Bond
- Protect

Last edited:

SMB

is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Past SPL Championis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
World Defender

Lurantis @ Figy Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Atk / 8 Def / 28 SpD
Brave Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- Protect

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 16 SpA / 152 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Trick Room

Tapu Fini @ Wiki Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 124 SpA / 68 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Muddy Water
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Protect

Incineroar @ Figy Berry
EVs: 240 HP / 20 Atk / 116 Def / 132 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Fake Out
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Flare Blitz

Necrozma @ Groundium Z
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 248 HP / 32 Def / 172 SpA / 56 SpD
Modest Nature
- Photon Geyser
- Earth Power
- Trick Room
- Protect

Manectric-Mega @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 128 HP / 44 Def / 80 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Snarl
- Protect

So this is the lurantis team I built for snake to play vs stax; it started off with the core of lurantis and p2 since semiroom is probably the best playstyle to make lurantis work and p2 is a really reliable setter. Fire and ice types outside of trick room are really annoying for these 2 mons so I added fini and incineroar which gives more opportunities to set up tr due to fake out and another win condition with cm fini. At this point I was really worried about the volcanion mu and i needed another tr setter, preferably an offensive one, so I opted for neutral speed z earth power necrozma which lures incineroar and can ohko volcanion and mega metagross, while also being able to always take a few hits due to prism armor. For the last slot I didn't have a mega and i wanted something to work outside of tr so I decided to use manectric which gives extra support with snarl and intimidate to set up tr and can check zapdos, which otherwise could be an issue for this team, with either lightning rod or snarl.

Lurantis @ Wiki Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Superpower
- Protect
- Knock Off

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 16 SpA / 92 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Ice Beam
- Ally Switch
- Recover

Landorus-Therian @ Groundium Z
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge/U-Turn
- Stealth Rock
- Protect

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 8 HP / 4 Def / 244 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Protect

Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 128 HP / 44 Def / 100 SpA / 4 SpD / 232 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Snarl
- Protect

Tapu Fini @ Wiki Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 192 SpA
Bold Nature
- Muddy Water
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Protect

Well, P2 is the best solid mon TR setter based on Lurantis. Incineroar + Lando-T is good support with intimidate for Porygon and Z-Move Lando-T gives great damage, enabling some KOs with Z-EQ Adamant. The M-Mane is a mega extra fast outside Trick Room, in which it allows to distribute Snarls and Volt Switches, giving momentum to the star of the team (Lurantis) or Porygon, to enable Trick Room. Heatran is a good mon and a great type of fire / steel, which distributes considerable Heat Waves. Finally, CM Fini, this mon gives you great damage after a CM outside that she is the best Tapu of the meta. This is my first post, so please be nice c:

Last edited:

laptops

everything is beautiful
is a Tiering Contributor
Its voting time! Cast a vote for the user you believe submitted the best team.

Derivatives
n10sit
SMB
allantoonix

Voting closes Wednesday, December 5th at 11:59 pm EST

laptops

everything is beautiful
is a Tiering Contributor
allantoonix manages to take this close week. Congratulations! Your team and description will be added to the Hall of Fame.
1544283154706.png

Mega-Tyranitar managed to transition from nearly unusable in xy, to securing a spot on the viability rankings in this generation. It was used with mix results this past snake draft, but the teams saw a shift away from previously popular Tapu Lele Zapdos builds. Tyranitar was shown to be able to fit itself onto a variety of team styles. With access to dragon dance, Tyranitar can act as a team's wincondition through stab rock slide. It is also able to fit on slower semiroom teams and function as a powerful trick room attacker. Tyranitar can set up stealth rocks to help whittle down opposing teams and it can also make use of its special coverage in ice beam and flamethrower to catch mons like Kartana and Landorus, who would otherwhise function as checks, off guard. However, it can be intimidated down, has trouble breaking through steels and bulky water types, and its middling speed tier leaves it vulnerable to fast attackers before a boost, so make sure your teams provide it the support it needs to shine.

Deadline for submissions is Wednesday, December 12th at 11:59pm EST!

Platinum God n1n1

the real n1n1
is a Tiering Contributor

Diancie @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpA
Brave Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Substitute
- Protect

Tyranitar-Mega @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Atk / 136 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Crunch
- Dragon Tail
- Protect

Kartana @ Figy Berry
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpD / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Leaf Blade
- Smart Strike
- Protect

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 232 HP / 176 Def / 48 SpA / 52 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Muddy Water
- Earth Power
- Icy Wind
- Protect

Zapdos @ Wiki Berry
Ability: Static
EVs: 236 HP / 88 Def / 76 SpA / 56 SpD / 52 Spe
Calm Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Tailwind
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Mew @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 208 HP / 48 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam
- Transform

Hi, This is my team.
To build this team I started with Sub-Diance, I've had a lot of success with in next to TTar because its SpD is boosted 50% in the Sand. Along with the Diamond Storm boost it can be come extremely hard to break.
TTar has enough speed to out run max speed Lele after an icy wind. I have Dragon Tail to help improve my trick room match up.

Next I pick Kartana as the grass type to remove bulky water mons which TTaer+Diance struggle against.

Gastrodon provides another water check, speed control, and a decent check versus many steel types. And Ice Coverage to help versus Zygarde and Landos

Need another Speed control so Zap does that. Steel types are still a problem for the team so I run heatwave and HP Ice because Zygrade and Lando are good vs TTar and Diance.

Finally Scarf-Trick is one of my most favorite things, it really can mess up what ever your opponent is trying to do. Transform is cool. More Ice coverage for reasons stated above. U-turn is weak af so I pick flame thrower to OHKO Gene and improve match up vs kart and ferro

Last edited:

z0mOG

is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 26 Championis a defending SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
DPL Champion

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Rock Slide
- Fire Punch
- Protect

Diancie @ Weakness Policy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpA
Brave Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Trick Room
- Protect

Volcanion @ Wiki Berry
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 192 HP / 212 SpA / 104 SpD
Modest Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Heat Wave
- Sludge Bomb
- Protect

EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Protect
- Stealth Rock

Lurantis @ Iapapa Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
- Superpower
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Protect

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Recover
- Trick Room

I peaked in DLT with this team . Double rock trick room yeaaahhh ayy uihhh wuttup

n10siT

Hoopa can do anything!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

so d dance mega ttar with enough attack to ko 0/0 mega metagross with crunch at +1 max speed rest in hp, bulkier tapu lele with taunt and creeps adamant zygarde, special rocks lando t which also creeps adamant zygarde (this is a theme), gene adds another pivot and is a reliable kyube switch in, helps cover opposing steels too. amoonguss provides terrific rage powder support, volcarona is a fire type tw setter, i thought the first five would struggle with opposing scizor/ferro/kart too much, so thats what volc aims to do, its big issue is taking 50% from rocks so its generally supposed to be lead with or come in on the first few turns to get tailwind up or it can be preserved until very late game, its just very rarely going to do anything turns 6-14

EVs: 144 HP / 112 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Crunch
- Dragon Dance
- Protect

Tapu Lele @ Wiki Berry
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 100 SpA / 156 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Taunt
- Protect

Landorus-Therian @ Iapapa Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 88 SpA / 168 Spe
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Genesect @ Assault Vest
EVs: 136 HP / 112 Atk / 36 SpD / 224 Spe
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam

Amoonguss @ Aguav Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 240 HP / 172 Def / 96 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Spore
- Rage Powder

Volcarona @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 HP / 144 SpA / 112 Spe
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Tailwind
- Protect

Tyranitar-Mega (M) @ Tyranitarite
EVs: 28 HP / 248 Atk / 232 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Rock Slide
- Dragon Dance
- Protect

Tapu Lele @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Taunt
- Protect

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

Rotom (Rotom-Heat) @ Wiki Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 120 HP / 4 Def / 204 SpA / 12 SpD / 168 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Light Screen
- Protect

Kartana @ Fightinium Z
EVs: 144 HP / 172 SpD / 192 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Tailwind
- Detect

Kyurem-Black @ Assault Vest
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Atk / 56 Def / 68 SpA / 80 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Icy Wind
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Dragon Tail

Starting off with the featured Mon for this teambuilding competition, Mega Tyranitar, I went with a Dragon Dance set that outspeeds Tornadus at +1 while having a decent chance of OHKOing bulkless Mega Metagross at neutral. For Tapu Lele, I went with a Life Orb set. Now that Mega Gengar has been banned, I feel that Lele is less pressured to run Scarf and more viable in general. I went with a Special Scarf with Stealth Rock set for Lando-T. Now Rotom-H is a Mon that I think works really well on this team, as it checks several high-tier Mons—most notably Mega Metagross— but also Kartana, Genesect, Tapu Fini, and Amoongus. I previously had Volcanion in this slot, but I decided to switch to Rotom-H due to it having Levitate, allowing it to take moves like Earth Power and Stomping Tantrum that Volcanion wouldn't enjoy. I chose Light Screen as a filler move over Ally Switch because Ally Switch is gross. The bulk investment lets it take a Psychic in Terrain from Lele. Kartana provides Tailwind support for the team while also having the potential to sweep thanks to Beast Boost. Fightinium Z is great for KOing Mons like Incineroar, Kyurem-B, Porygon2, and opposing Kartana. Assault Vest Kyurem-B rounds out the team, providing additional speed control in Icy Wind. I also chose to run Dragon Tail over Earth Power to help against Trick Room and even potentially help rack up Stealth Rock damage.

Yuichi

umu!
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus

EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Crunch
- Stealth Rock
- Protect

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Defog
- Protect

Volcanion @ Wiki Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 80 SpA / 176 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Steam Eruption
- Roar
- Protect

Kyurem-Black @ Assault Vest
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 140 HP / 120 Def / 116 SpA / 72 SpD / 60 Spe
Brave Nature
- Ice Beam
- Icy Wind
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power

Tapu Lele @ Wiki Berry
EVs: 32 HP / 252 SpA / 224 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Taunt
- Protect

Zapdos @ Psychic Seed
EVs: 252 HP / 68 Def / 60 SpA / 80 SpD / 48 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Tailwind
- Roost

An updated version of the previous VolcKyuB Sand team, but with Lando over Exca for an additional ground immune. KyuB + Volc + Lele + Zap has amazing offensive/defensive synergy and helps stop trick room, while checking the stuff that Ttar struggles against, such as Kart and Bulu and providing speed control. I put Defog on Lando as SR is extremely annoying for Zapdos/Volcanion/KyuB to switch into and hurts their longevity. TTar outspeeds M Gross at -1 should M Gross try to get a free switch against KyuB + TTar. Threw the Z onto Lando for some extra breaking power against bulky stuff. Lele outspeeds Adamant 252 Spe Lando, Volc outspeeds DeoA in tw. Went bulky AV with KyuB because i thought the team will appreciate Icy Winds and KyuB's ability to switch into stuff such as Zyg. The rest of the sets are pretty straightforward i feel.

talkingtree

large if factual
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion

EVs: 252 HP / 184 Atk / 40 Def / 4 SpD / 28 Spe
Brave Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Flamethrower
- Stealth Rock

Cresselia @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Def / 48 SpA / 116 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Spe
- Ice Beam
- Psychic
- Helping Hand
- Trick Room

Tapu Bulu @ Figy Berry
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Atk / 60 SpD / 140 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Superpower
- Swords Dance
- Protect

Volcanion @ Waterium Z
EVs: 216 HP / 136 SpA / 16 SpD / 140 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Steam Eruption
- Substitute
- Protect

Zapdos @ Wiki Berry
EVs: 236 HP / 88 Def / 60 SpA / 68 SpD / 56 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Tailwind
- Whirlwind

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 164 Atk / 92 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower
This is the team Bio used in Snake Finals, he gave the six and I filled in the sets. Sub Waterium Volcanion and SD Superpower Tapu Bulu are two huge threats that can do well in either Trick Room or Tailwind, so porque no los dos? Tyranitar has Flamethrower for Kart and Stealth Rock to limit pivoting around as a method of stalling out the various forms of speed control, it's also insanely bulky when you bother investing in it. Cress has lowered Speed IVs to make sure it wasn't tying with 0 Spe Fini, always better to me to know whether it's moving first or not. Bulu can OHKO most Incin with +1 Superpower and went pretty fast on this team because otherwise, even in Tailwind, only two mons would be able to outspeed Deo-A, and Bowman had just brought TR against Ezrael and almost won with it so we figured Ezrael would be likely to have TR answers. Sub Waterium is nice for weakening Knock Off, meaning some Incineroar sets can't break its Sub. Whirlwind Zapdos covers any random setup and Genesect is an invaluable scalpel and pivot machine. If you're going to use this team on ladder, bump Zapdos up to 64 Spe EVs so that it will beat Timid Pelipper.

AmirAlexander

Jisoo Today at 23:25 zitto nabbo
is a Top Artist Alumnus

EVs: 112 HP / 140 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Crunch
- Dragon Dance
- Protect

Tapu Fini @ Mago Berry
Happiness: 0
EVs: 248 HP / 120 Def / 44 SpA / 28 SpD / 68 Spe
Bold Nature
- Muddy Water
- Moonblast
- Heal Pulse
- Mist

Kartana @ Fightinium Z
EVs: 8 HP / 248 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Protect

Victini @ Assault Vest
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 HP / 36 SpD / 220 Spe
Timid Nature
- Blue Flare
- Glaciate
- U-turn
- Incinerate

Zapdos @ Misty Seed
EVs: 244 HP / 112 Def / 68 SpA / 20 SpD / 64 Spe
Modest Nature
- Tailwind
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Roost

Landorus-Therian @ Aguav Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 12 Atk / 28 SpD / 220 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

Ddance ttar acts as the win condition of this team, at +1 it has a good chance of OHKOing bulky mega metagross, max speed and the rest dumped into hp. The rest of the team is geared towards supporting it: kart breaks bulky waters and threatens incineroar even at -1, av victini and lando take care of problematic steels and provide nice pivoting along with some speed control and hazards to limit intimidate shuffling, respectively. Zapdos provides a secondary form of speed control as well as a check to lando/zygarde and non wacan volcanion. Lastly fini carries heal pulse to keep ttar healthy and mist as a nice tech to prevent intimidate.

laptops

everything is beautiful
is a Tiering Contributor
It's voting time! Submit a vote below for the user you believe should win this round.

n1n1
z0mOG
n10sit
NinetendoKenny
Yuichii
talkingtree
AmirAlexander

Voting deadline is Friday, December 14th at 11:59 pm EST!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)