Ability: Shadow Tag
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Protect
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Ball

A very basic Mega Gengar spread and moveset. Sludge bomb and Shadow ball for dual stab, shadow ball helping take out other ghosts that threaten gengar, with the help of tremendous spAtk and speed. there were many moves to fill the third spot notably disable, destiny bond and will-o but i chose the latter since disable can be played around, destiny bond isnt always used since gengar is OHKOed fast or still needed for it's speed even at low hp, while will-o with shadow tag can make the opponent's pokemon dead weight. protect is doubles ou

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Protect
- Draco Meteor
- Earth Power

While some prefered to go on the offensive with terrakion, hydreigon was my choice for a few reasons. While hydreigon is in the play, opposing earthquakes that generally trouble the pair mentioned above are less encouraged since a protect from mega gengar wastes the turn , while hydreigon can nail a KO. intimidating this is also useless, obviously. Heidreigon is also a nice switch in to anymove that can seriously injure mega gengar such as ground, dark, ghost and you rare psychic perhaps in trick room. fast sludge bombs can help with fairies. Concerning the moveset dual stab with dark pulse and draco meteor are nice to have, earth power>fire blast since heatran can trouble hydreigon and mega gengar, resisting their strongest stabs. lo is neccesary on hydreigon since it's spatk isnt the best. protect is doubles ou

Keldeo @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Secret Sword
- protect
- scald

Next thing that was needed was a reliable steel counter particularly heatran since it troubles the team. Keldeo seemed the ideal pokemon. mega gengar and keldeo proove to be a serious duo on the feild, keldeo beats landorus, heatran, hydreigon 3 huge threats to gengar. The latter doesnt return the help in the same proportion, but helps with latios, jirachi, metagross, azumarill, grass types that cant touch it and outspeeds skymin. life orb optimizes keldeo's power, which is very needed. secret sword and scald are keldeo's main assets in its offensive role. taunt helps with tr setters, despite gengar that already scares them, helps vs amoonguss that may stay in just to spore, and a fast taunt is generally very useful, taunt>icy wind since the team is alreayd sorta fast, and needs tr checks more than speed control. protect is doubles ou

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Atk / 84 Def
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Power Whip
- Protect
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed

Keldeo's adition was encouraging to complement the team with a f/w/g core. amoongus was considered, but i didnt want a double poison type, even if psychic is rare and amoongus holds its own in tr, since i'd start to get very ice weak. shaymin sky was rejected for the same reason. ferrothorn has fire already resisted by 2 previous members, and gengar immune to fighting so it seemed great. ferrothorn is equally a good trick room pokemon a great switch in with high defense and iron barbs, and a solid rotom wash check (explaining lum berry, power whip after will-o-wisp) that this team started to need. It helps with the very rare mamoswine as well. 172 Atk OHKO R-W and Jellicent and make gyro strong enough to deal decent damage to fairies that pose a bit of problems to this team, mostly gardevoir and sylveon that tank spAtk hits. 84 defense helps as a kanga switch in or any physical hit switch in. leech seed is classic on ferrothorn and, you called it, protect is doubles ou.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 52 HP / 252 SpA / 204 Spe
Modest Nature
- Protect
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- flash cannon

The last of the F/W/G core . heatran checks talonflame that's quite a nuissance to this team and double resists ice, which can help on switch ins to kurem-black. shuca lets it tank earthpower that rotom-heat, which was my other choice, cant take thanks to terravolt. heatran beats aegislash, amoonguss, talonflame, mega diance (with our flash cannon), bisharp for gengar. Heatran is already a great pokemon with high bulk and spatk to have heatwave a strong spread stab move. earth power is for other heatrans and fire types. flash cannon>substitue is because while ferrothorn alone checks and counters diance hard i didnt feel like relying on it too much for that, plus flash cannon isnt always expected, and helps with the other fairies that can be a problem. protect is doubles ou

Landorus-Therian @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 44 HP / 252 Atk / 212 Spe
adam Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- U-turn

An intimidate and ground immuity sealed the deal with the team. heatran being added, had a nice ice immunity to cover for lando so i could afford it. While this is your scarf set that you all know and love i went for the 212 spe 44 hp one as slower u turn momentum is generally great, and this still outspeeds 410s , which is pretty great. Earthquake is stab spread, superpower destroys kangas and is generally powerfull enough to beat weakned pokemon withtou the drastic EQ measure that may force a protect. rock slide is a well known move in the tier and helps with talon. protect is, naw im jk, i know this is scarf :P

Apologizing to champetero since the team is quite similar, in roles if ferro and kelde arnt enough, but the style is way different, focuses less on traping and lowering stats, being more of a mix of HO and balanced offense instead

Last edited:
Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Destiny Bond
- Protect

Amoonguss @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Rage Powder
- Spore
- Protect
- Giga Drain

Gyarados @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 208 Def / 48 Spe
Impish Nature
- Taunt
- Waterfall
- Protect
- Thunder Wave

Rotom-Heat @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 200 HP / 88 SpA / 220 Spe
Modest Nature
- Overheat
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Terrakion @ Focus Sash
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Close Combat
- Protect
- Quick Guard

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 188 HP / 68 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Mega Gengar
Well this is the mon that we had to build around
Mega Gengar has the niche of being a good trapper while still keeping an offensive presence.

Gyarados, Rotom-H, Amoonguss
Gengar is extremely frail and it needed some backbone to help support it so I figured adding a F/W/G core would help with that
Gyarados
I added Gyarados as a soft Lando-T check while providing speed control and intimidate
Rotom-H
I added Rotom-H over Heatran as the fire type here as it gives me another EQ immune while still doing the main job Heatran would be doing on my team
Amoongus
And the final part of my F/W/G core Amoonguss as the Rage Powder + Sleep Spam mon it is with Rage Powder providing redirection for Sucker Punches from Bisharp and M Kanga (that I had hopefully burned by that point) leaving it able to attack without being damaged other then spread moves)

Terrakion
M Gengar + Terrakion is a fearsome core together being able to trap and KO things due to their speed and power. This is also my main Kanga/Heatran check outside of Rotom-H

Sylveon
(I cant remember the exact reason) Sylveon was added just to help with the damage output of our team and with M Gengar and Terrak being able to take out the viable steels such as Aegi and Ranner, it can normally clean up teams if needed

Last edited:

Pastelle

we're all star stuff
Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Protect
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Ball

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Protect
- Draco Meteor
- Earth Power

Keldeo @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Secret Sword
- Calm Mind
- Hydro Pump

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Power Whip
- Protect
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Protect
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Substitute

Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- U-turn

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Protect
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Ball

A very basic Mega Gengar spread and moveset. Sludge bomb and Shadow ball for dual stab, shadow ball helping take out other ghosts that threaten gengar, with the help of tremendous spAtk and speed. there were many moves to fill the third spot notably disable, destiny bond and will-o but i chose the latter since disable can be played around, destiny bond isnt always used since gengar is OHKOed fast or still needed for it's speed even at low hp, while will-o with shadow tag can make the opponent's pokemon dead weight. protect is doubles ou

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Protect
- Draco Meteor
- Earth Power

While some prefered to go on the offensive with terrakion, hydreigon was my choice for a few reasons. While hydreigon is in the play, opposing earthquakes that generally trouble the pair mentioned above are less encouraged since a protect from mega gengar wastes the turn , while hydreigon can nail a KO. intimidating this is also useless, obviously. Heidreigon is also a nice switch in to anymove that can seriously injure mega gengar such as ground, dark, ghost and you rare psychic perhaps in trick room. fast sludge bombs can help with fairies. Concerning the moveset dual stab with dark pulse and draco meteor are nice to have, earth power>fire blast since heatran can trouble hydreigon and mega gengar, resisting their strongest stabs. lo is neccesary on hydreigon since it's spatk isnt the best. protect is doubles ou

Keldeo @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Secret Sword
- protect
- scald

Next thing that was needed was a reliable steel counter particularly heatran since it troubles the team. Keldeo seemed the ideal pokemon. mega gengar and keldeo proove to be a serious duo on the feild, keldeo beats landorus, heatran, hydreigon 3 huge threats to gengar. The latter doesnt return the help in the same proportion, but helps with latios, jirachi, metagross, azumarill, grass types that cant touch it and outspeeds skymin. life orb optimizes keldeo's power, which is very needed. secret sword and scald are keldeo's main assets in its offensive role. taunt helps with tr setters, despite gengar that already scares them, helps vs amoonguss that may stay in just to spore, and a fast taunt is generally very useful, taunt>icy wind since the team is alreayd sorta fast, and needs tr checks more than speed control. protect is doubles ou

EVs: 252 HP / 172 Atk / 84 Def
Brave Nature
- Power Whip
- Protect
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed

Keldeo's adition was encouraging to complement the team with a f/w/g core. amoongus was considered, but i didnt want a double poison type, even if psychic is rare and amoongus holds its own in tr, since i'd start to get very ice weak. shaymin sky was rejected for the same reason. ferrothorn has fire already resisted by 2 previous members, and gengar immune to fighting so it seemed great. ferrothorn is equally a good trick room pokemon a great switch in with high defense and iron barbs, and a solid rotom wash check (explaining lum berry, power whip after will-o-wisp) that this team started to need. It helps with the very rare mamoswine as well. 172 Atk OHKO R-W and Jellicent and make gyro strong enough to deal decent damage to fairies that pose a bit of problems to this team, mostly gardevoir and sylveon that tank spAtk hits. 84 defense helps as a kanga switch in or any physical hit switch in. leech seed is classic on ferrothorn and, you called it, protect is doubles ou.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Protect
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- flash cannon

The last of the F/W/G core . heatran checks talonflame that's quite a nuissance to this team and double resists ice, which can help on switch ins to kurem-black. shuca lets it tank earthpower that rotom-heat, which was my other choice, cant take thanks to terravolt. heatran beats aegislash, amoonguss, talonflame, mega diance (with our flash cannon), bisharp for gengar. Heatran is already a great pokemon with high bulk and spatk to have heatwave a strong spread stab move. earth power is for other heatrans and fire types. flash cannon>substitue is because while ferrothorn alone checks and counters diance hard i didnt feel like relying on it too much for that, plus flash cannon isnt always expected, and helps with the other fairies that can be a problem. protect is doubles ou

adam Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- U-turn

An intimidate and ground immuity sealed the deal with the team. heatran being added, had a nice ice immunity to cover for lando so i could afford it. While this is your scarf set that you all know and love i went for the 212 spe 44 hp one as slower u turn momentum is generally great, and this still outspeeds 410s , which is pretty great. Earthquake is stab spread, superpower destroys kangas and is generally powerfull enough to beat weakned pokemon withtou the drastic EQ measure that may force a protect. rock slide is a well known move in the tier and helps with talon. protect is, naw im jk, i know this is scarf :P

Apologizing to champetero since the team is quite similar, in roles if ferro and kelde arnt enough, but the style is way different, focuses less on traping and lowering stats, being more of a mix of HO and balanced offense instead
You have Shadow Ball in Gengar's moveset twice in the importable

And since week 2 is up, I figured out that I post my M-Gengar "on-the-spot" build that I made yesterday. [Edited because my Cube spread has errors]

Gengar @ Gengarite
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Destiny Bond
- Shadow Ball
- Protect

Terrakion @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Rock Slide
- Protect
- Taunt

Shaymin-Sky @ Focus Sash
Ability: Serene Grace
Timid Nature
- Seed Flare
- Air Slash
- Earth Power
- Protect

Suicune @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 12 Def / 188 SpA / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Tailwind
- Protect

Kyurem-Black @ Draco Plate
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 228 HP / 160 Atk / 60 SpA / 60 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Outrage
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Protect

Heatran (M) @ Safety Goggles
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Protect

General Details:
  • This week features Mega Gengar, an underrated but very powerful Pokemon that forces a lot of tough decision making. It's also the main feature of the team.
  • Mega Gengar teams would usually fit in the Hyper Offense playstyle, due to its frailness and its high speed and notable special attack stats. In conjunction with this, I slapped in an HO core in Terrakion and Shaymin-Sky, both of which can utilize Mega Gengar's trapping abilities.
  • Naturally, most Mega Gengar HO teams will be weak to Landorus-T. With the help of a bulky water, this somehow alleviates its weakness to it. Suicune not only provides you with a solid answer to Landorus-T, but it also provides Tailwind, which makes the first 3 Pokemon very threatening to deal with.
  • In conjunction to Tailwind, there are slower Pokemon in the team that would highly appreciate speed boosts from TW. Draco Plate Cube [Kyurem-B] is very unexpected, but it hits like a nuclear warhead to anything not immune or resisting it. It also gives me a slight relief versus Rain.
  • Finally, Heatran was a Scarf Lando, but my team is really fast that it wouldn't need a Scarf holder. Also, SR support and a Sun check helps my team cover up threats.
Leads and Combinations:
There are several leads that you can create, depending on how you want yourself to be comfortable in your match-ups. However, I'll highlight some specific leads:
  • +
    = These 2 create an effective anti-TR lead. Due to TR needing to be put on early, these 2 create the perfect answer to TR leads, especially with a Fake Out user. Only one receives Fake Out while the other can either Taunt/Air Slash.
  • +
    or in occasional situations,
    = This combination is actually very expendable. You can choose who you want to abuse Shadow Tag with, especially when it is Skymin. They form a very destructive combo with Mega Gengar, which gives you a high amount of attacking options.
  • +
    = A very strong combination, Suicune kicks up Tailwind for Black Cube to roll on opponents with Draco Plate boosted STAB Outrage. Also, it's a relatively good thing for Rain to hate.
Weaknesses/Threats:
  • As much as possible, prevent TR from being up. This fast team hates facing slow teams, so you'd really need to prevent TR to avoid being rolled on by TR players.
  • Mega Gengar HO, like stated earlier, normally has little things for Landorus. Keep Suicune alive on Lando match-ups. Cube can also hit it with Ice Beam.
  • Bunnies. Don't let bunnies sound war drums or you're dead.
If you want to know anything else about things like EV spread selection and set selections, feel free to ask me. Also, some games to show the power of this team and how it works: G1/G2

Last edited:

Pastelle

we're all star stuff
I'm just gonna start off by saying I have never used Mega Gengar before this, and after trying to figure out how it works I've come to the conclusion that I don't personally like using it. I'm not a big fan of super-frail mons that can't run Focus Sash, but that's just me. Regardless, I tried, and the team turned out fairly decent.

I Don't Even Like Mega Gengar

Gengar @ Gengarite
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Destiny Bond
- Protect

Zapdos @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 216 HP / 8 Def / 176 SpA / 108 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Tailwind
- Protect

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
Relaxed Nature
- Spore
- Rage Powder
- Giga Drain
- Protect

Keldeo @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Taunt
- Protect

Heatran @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 152 HP / 252 SpA / 104 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Protect

Sylveon (F) @ Choice Specs
EVs: 56 HP / 200 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Gengar @ Gengarite
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Destiny Bond
- Protect
Standard set. Shadow Ball and Sludge Bomb for dual STAB, and Protect for obvious reasons. I didn't know what to put as the third slot until the rest of the team was done, but I decided Destiny Bond because its frail as fuck and it can be an easy KO to a bulky mon if you play it right. EV spread is to go fast and hit hard, which is what Gengar is meant to do.

Zapdos @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 216 HP / 8 Def / 176 SpA / 108 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Tailwind
- Protect
I wanted a Ground switch-in and Tailwind, and decided that Zapdos would be a good fit for these roles. Its also a mon not commonly used, which I thought was fun. Plus with Safety Goggles it makes for a good Amoonguss switch-in. Thunderbolt for STAB, HP Ice for Landorus mainly, Tailwind for fast mon mode, and Protect for Protect. The HP and Defense investment survives a Mega Diancie Diamond Storm, and it has enough Special Attack to OHKO Landorus-T with HP Ice. The Speed also outspeeds Jolly Breloom. Basically, Zapdos serves as the offensive utility for this team.

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
Relaxed Nature
- Spore
- Rage Powder
- Giga Drain
- Protect
I didn't have a proper answer to Rotom-W or a Trick Room counter, so here comes Amoonguss. I felt that redirection would help out Mega Gengar a lot, specifically against Earth Power's and Aegislash, and Sleep is always nice. The set is literally every Amoonguss ever, and I don't feel you guys need another explanation of it. I've been really liking Rocky Helmet lately for mons like Talonflame and Mega Kangaskhan, so that's why I went with it over Sitris Berry.

Keldeo @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Taunt
- Protect
I needed another hyper-offensive mon, and after learning about the great synergy it had went Mega Gengar, I went with Keldeo. I chose Scald over Hydro Pump because I like burn hacks, and I like never missing. Secret Sword is another powerful STAB. For the third moveslot, it was initially Icy Wind, but I changed it to Taunt later on since this team has trouble with Trick Room, even with Amoonguss. Then Protect rounds out this set. EV spread is super standard, go fast hit hard; rise, wash repeat.

Heatran @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 152 HP / 252 SpA / 104 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Protect
I always like having F/W/G cores on my teams, and I figured since I already have Amoonguss and Keldeo, I chose Heatran. Heatran also serves as a switch-in to Talonflame and Cresselia; two things my team struggles with. Standard set, but I really prefer Flash Cannon over Sub on my Heatran because I really appreciate it for Fairies. Max SpA for as much damage as possible, while the Spe EV's speedcreeps Rotom forms and 76 Spe Venusaur when the sun isn't up. The rest is dumped into HP. I usually run Goggles with this set, but because Zapdos already has Goggles, I thought it would be redundant and went with Shuca instead.

Sylveon (F) @ Choice Specs
176 HP / 252 SpA / 80 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Ground]
This team still had weaknesses to Dark types and Kyurem-B, so Sylveon was my last pick. I figured it would be a good partner with Mega Gengar, since resists to Hyper Voice wouldn't be able to switch-in. Standard wall-breaking Tailwind Sylveon. 80 Speed outspeeds base 110's under Tailwind, max Special Attack for ultimate destruction, and the rest into HP.

I decided to use genesect+gengar, cuz apparently its good. From testing, can confirm is pretty good.

So I obviously started with Mega Gengar.

I heard that Mega Gengar with Genesect was good, and Heatran was good with Genesect, so I decided I'd slap those two on.

From here, I was like "I'm weak to earthquake and shit!" so I threw on a Zapdos. Zapdos lets me beat Lando-T, Keldeo, and Skymin. This was at one point Thundurus (I think?) but I switched over to Zapdos pretty early in the teambuilding process for its superior bulk and access to tailwind.

I was still too weak to Kyub for my liking, so I added on Keldeo. It also gave me a much needed water resist, and another solid check to Lando-T, which threatens Gengar, Heatran, and Genesect, if it's locked into something that isn't ice beam.

At this point, my rain matchup was pretty mediocre, so I knew I wanted a dragon. I was thinking of kyub, but then I would've been a little too Char Y weak to my liking. I decided to go for the next-best dragon-type, Hydreigon.

The sets:

So I knew I wanted to use disable gengar. Disable is such a good move, and imho it's better than will o wisp for Gengar HO. I decided to use sub heatran with this; disable gives me the ability to sub up on things that would normally destroy heatran, such as kyurem-b and opposing heatran. Scarf genesect was obvious, it's pretty much the only good genesect set. The moves are kinda standard except for explosion, which I thought was pretty funny with gengar, so I put it on. Zap is p standard, so is keld. I wanted safety goggles on keld so its hydro pumps don't get redirected to amoonguss, and its pretty handy, and a useful surprise factor. Hydreigon is bulky roost because I wanted a little more bulk on my team.

spoopy (Gengar) @ Gengarite
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Disable
- Protect

Genesect-bad (Genesect) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Download
EVs: 252 Atk / 56 SpA / 200 Spe
Lonely Nature
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Ice Beam
- Explosion

hawt (Heatran) @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Protect

SPACE☆ASS (Zapdos) @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Def / 32 SpA / 32 SpD / 108 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Tailwind
- Roost

ponymon (Keldeo) @ Safety Goggles
Timid Nature
IVs: 27 HP
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Quick Guard
- Protect

rawwr ^_^ (Hydreigon) @ Life Orb
EVs: 216 HP / 152 SpA / 16 SpD / 124 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Roost
- Protect

Yoda2798

Not the user you are looking for
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Doubles Leader
(The Geng)Gar-atest team there ever was™

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Terrakion @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Close Combat
- Quick Guard
- Protect

Cresselia (F) @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Moonlight
- Trick Room

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Superpower

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power
- Protect

Amoonguss @ Sitrus Berry
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Rage Powder
- Spore
- Protect
- Giga Drain

Deciding to use a non-Perish Trap Gengar, I used the effective Gengar/Terrakion core. This duo matches up well against many Tier 1 mons, such as Mega Kang, Char-Y, and Shaymin; while dealing with the others to a lesser extent. LO on Terrak helps it to KO threats, while Quick Guard helps against Fake Out, Sucker Punch, Talonflame BB, and Prankster Thundy.

Due to the combination of Shadow Tag and Terrakion, CM Cress is a great partner as counters such as Heatran, Bisharp and Kang can be removed before setting up. Cress also switches into Amoonguss, while adding bulk to the team and an EQ immunity. Cress also helps against Keldeo. 16 Speed EVs ensure that Rotom-Wash is outsped, in case there is a scenario where you can KO it before it burns you. TR can be used to cancel it if the opponent has used it, or to beat Tailwind teams. It is not usually recommended to be used outside of these two situations, unless something like Gengar being Paralyzed has occurred, in which case it can surprise opponents to give you an advantage.

Scarfed Landorus-T helps combat against the growing Skymin problem, while also helping further against opposing Lando-T. Intimidate helps both Cress as it sets up, and the frailer Gengar and Terrak so they can live a hit. Lando-T helps against Thundy, which can threaten priority Taunts and T-Waves to the team.

Hydreigon's great typing allows it to freely switch into Aegislash and Rotom-Wash, who both trouble the team. The especially useful Fire resist also helps it to counter Heatran and Char-Y. Draco is also an effective nuke against many mons, while Dark Pulse can beat opposing Cress (which Gengar obviously prefers not to stay in on. Earth Power means Hydreigon reliably beats Bisharp and Heatran.

Amoonguss helps the team against rain and against TR. Spore can put threats (e.g. Lando-T) to sleep while Gengar and Co kill them, while also discouraging and beating opposing TR. Rage Powder helps protect Gengar from damage, while in particular helping the team to defend against Keldeo. Amoonguss also helps in mirrors as it can switch into opposing Amoonguss.

Last edited:

ryo yamada2001

ryo yamada2001
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Social has a nice haircut™

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball

Gengar @ Gengarite
Timid Nature
IVs: NaN Atk
- Sludge Bomb
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Talonflame @ Life Orb
Ability: Gale Wings
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Tailwind
- Protect

Bisharp @ Focus Sash
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Protect

Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Superpower

Amoonguss @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: NaN Atk / NaN Spe
- Rage Powder
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Protect

started out with the strong core of sylveon/gengar, you can fuck up a lot of shit with this.
kanga hates gengar bc gengar gets in, shadow tags and brings will-o and fucks him over
lando-t doesn't freely switch into bisharp bc bisharp is deadly and lando-t is basically a lando-t counter in itself
you could use tailwind properly on talon so u can be even faster and outspeed a lot of threats like kyube and other shit like kanga bc thats always a threat
sylveon is a hard-hitter anyway it's a very good wallbreaker and kills major threats like dragonite and umbreon!! so yea sylveon is really good
lando-t works basically on every team so whats the point of explaining this it's literally the second best pokemon of the meta
i used ferro over amoonguss before but it's a nice balance to have 3 phyiscal attackers and 3 special attackers lol jk that doesn't matter, i chose for amoonguss because amoon can induce sleep and redirection, and we already had an amazing switchin for kanga in gengar :]]

replays:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/doublesou-243254006 beating Hashtag with using finally's knights of the sun

Last edited:

Mizuhime

Did I mistake you for a sign from God?
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Never used Gengar but i'm a shitty troll

Gengar @ Gengarite
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Protect
- Disable

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Perish Song
- Light Screen
- Protect
- Waterfall

Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Superpower

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 224 HP / 136 SpA / 148 Spe
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Protect

Raikou @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Extrasensory

Tangela @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Rage Powder
- Leech Seed
- Protect

I mean, this team is kind of trollish and I build it around the basis that Azumarill could be a surprise Perish Song user while Gengar could trap and remove things for mons' like Kyurem-b and Lando. Sub Kyurem is the main damage doer on the team while Raikou acts as a nice offensive pressure with choice specs. Tangela can switch in on any physical attacker bar Talonflame and assist with the Perish Trap kill while also being a good support mon to tank fighting/rock attacks aimed at Kyurem-b. It's kind of hard to use at the start but once you get the hang of it it's a pretty fun team to use. Not expecting to win with this, just showing off some cool sets

i guess i can put this in here but i probably dont have the energy to do pictures. I hope you have a good imagination.
[gengar-mega] [raichu] [amoonguss] [landorus-therian] [talonflame] [azumarill]
fukn (Gengar) (M) @ Gengarite
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sludge Bomb
- Protect

noodle (Raichu) (F) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fake Out
- Thunder Wave
- Volt Switch
- Encore

gotta go strats (Amoonguss) @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Def / 76 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Rage Powder
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Protect

bebop (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Explosion

Tex (Talonflame) @ Life Orb
Ability: Gale Wings
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Tailwind
- Protect

Bleed (Azumarill) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 156 HP / 248 Atk / 104 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Belly Drum
- Protect

Okay I really didn't feel like posting anything here but what do you know i just built a gengar team like a couple weeks ago. the only reason this team is cool is because of the raichu, whose set i am pretty happy with, volt switch is great for when you just trapped some crucial mons or whatever and encore makes sure they dont do anything rash. basically the whole point of the team is to force a 2v1, and then get a belly drum up.

Gengar @ Gengarite
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
EVs: 56 HP / 200 Def / 172 SpA / 80 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Shadow Ball
- Psyshock
- Baby-Doll Eyes

Keldeo @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Taunt
- Protect

Shaymin-Sky @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Seed Flare
- Air Slash
- Earth Power
- Protect

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 48 HP / 252 SpA / 208 Spe
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Protect

Zapdos @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Def / 112 SpA / 112 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Heat Wave
- Tailwind

Gengar @ Gengarite
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Mega Gengar is the core of this Hyper Offense team. It's ability Shadow Tag lets it trap certain pokemon and make them useless for the remainder of the match. Gengar can be used to trap notable treats like Mega-Kangaskhan and Terrakion with Will-O-Wisp. Gengar can also be used to trap Jirachi or Cresselia for Heatran to have an easy time setting up a sub. Gengar's trapping ability also can be abused to punish opposing Choiced Pokemon. It can trap Hyper Voice locked Sylveon for Heatran to sub. Mega-Gengar can also trap water types like Keldeo or Rotom-Wash for Shaymin-Sky to delete. Gengar can also trap steel types that are not Aegislash so that they can be removed for a late game Sylveon sweep under Tailwind. Mega-Gengar provides a strong offensive presence due to its great speed and has a good chance to 2KO standard Cresselia. Gengar is also a good counter to common Trick Room leads with its STAB Shadow Ball. Sludge Bomb provides Gengar with a secondary STAB and gets a 2KO on Mega-Diancie. As stated before, Will-O-Wisp is great for crippling physical threats and stops Mega-Kangaskhan from hitting Gengar with Sucker Punch. Protect is crucial for the last slot as it protects Mega-Gengar from predicted double targets and allows you to scout. Protect is also great for stalling out speed control like Tailwind or Trick Room.

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
EVs: 56 HP / 200 Def / 172 SpA / 80 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Shadow Ball
- Psyshock
- Baby-Doll Eyes

Sylveon is EVed to survive a Return from Mega Kangaskhan. Sylveon has 80 Speed EVs to outrun base 110's such as Mega-Diancie under Tailwind. The rest of the EVs were dumped into Special Attack to ensure that Sylveon has a strong offensive presence. The main move on this set is Hyper Voice. 99.99% of the time Sylveon locks Hyper Voice and can provide a late game sweep under tailwind. Shadow Ball is in the second slot as it is its best option to deal with Aegislash. Psyshock provides further coverage and can be used to threaten Amoonguss and opposing Gengar. In the last slot is Baby-Doll Eyes. This move was primarily filler as the team already has 2 Earth Power users. Baby-Doll Eyes, if it is ever used, is priority and can cripple physical attackers that are trapped by Mega-Gengar.

Keldeo @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
Ivs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Taunt
- Protect

Keldeo runs a standard set and helps continue this team's offensive onslaught with access to Hydro Pump and Secret Sword as strong STAB attacks. With Life Orb, Keldeo is able to do a lot of damage to most targets that do not resist Hydro Pump. Secret Sword is good for hitting targets like Rotom-Wash and Ludicolo. Secret Sword also deals Super Effective to Ferrothorn. Taunt is the third slot to help ease the match up against Trick Room. It also prevents set up. Protect is mandatory in the last slot as it can help stall out weather, Tailwind, or Trick Room.

Shaymin-Sky @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Seed Flare
- Earth Power
- Protect

Shaymin-Sky is a good partner for Keldeo and helps continue with the team's theme of Hyper Offense. Shaymin-Sky's main move is Air Slash as it has a 60% flinch chance. Seed Flare is good to kill Rotom-Wash and has a 60% chance to drop Special Defense. Earth Power is used to ensure that Shaymin-Sky is not walled out by steel types and can maintain offensive pressure.

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 48 HP / 252 SpA / 208 Spe
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Protect

Heatran has max Special Attack EVs to ensure that it hits with the most offensive power possible. The speed is used to outspeed neutral base 70's and has some extra investment to creep opposing fast Heatran. The rest of the EVs are dumped into HP. Heatran helps this team deal with the sun match-up and provides a good switch in to Talonflame. Heatran is running Substitute as it can have many opportunities to set up when Gengar traps the appropriate foes. Heat Wave provides Spread damage and is STAB. Earth Power is used to kill other Heatran and damage Mega-Diancie when under Tailwind. Protect is in the last slot to aid with recovery from Leftovers and stall Trick Room.

Zapdos @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Def / 112 SpA / 112 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Heat Wave
- Tailwind

Zapdos is the last member of the team as it provides a bulky attacker and helps deal with the rain match-up and Azumarill. Zapdos' EV spread has enough speed to outspeed Jolly Breloom. It has Max HP and 32 Defense to survive a Diamond Storm from Mega-Diancie. These EV's also ensure that Landorus Therian's Rock Slide is a 3KO. Zapdos provides offensive support for the team with Tailwind. Tailwind can be used to help Sylveon preform late game sweeps when all its checks are removed. Thunderbolt is STAB and it hits threats such as Talonflame and Keldeo. Hidden Power Ice is used for threats that are immune to Thunderbolt like Landorus-Therian. Heat Wave is used to keep offensive pressure instead of protect.

Thank you to all that have taken the time to read about my team for this competition.

Posted below is a replay that shows how the team works.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/doublesou-243715300

Last edited:

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
IT'S TIME TO VOTE

The deadline has passed! It's time to vote for the team of the week! Pick your vote among the following; To vote, just post in bold the name of the user who created the team you voted for.

champetero
AuraRayquaza
DaAwesomeDude1
Bughouse
Silverwhiteblue
PockeTrigger
Majore D'Mawile
pastelgameboy
megacyber
Yoda2798
Meloetta<3
Mizuhime
Hashtag
KyleCole
3RROR404

Good turnout for teams wew. Deadline is Sunday, Noon GMT

note: don't vote yourself that's not cool lol

Mizuhime

Did I mistake you for a sign from God?
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
despite pastel and error making nearly identical teams i'm going to vote for Pastelgameboy since his is actually better

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
KyleCole

mega gengar + whimsicott is actually a really usable troll combo and KyuB fits really well on Mega Gengar teams since it can set up on so many trapped mons and is also a great rain check (many of these teams need to play really carefully against Ludi under rain)

KyleCole. Whimsicott + Mega Gengar just dismantles so many teams that are unprepared for the duo and the partners help check things that do beat it. Props.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)