Tournament Doubles World Cup II - Semifinal (Won by US East)

Status
Not open for further replies.

n10siT

Hoopa can do anything!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Welcome (finally) to the semifinal to the second iteration of Doubles World Cup. As a result of the lengthy three-way tiebreaker, Latin America has earned the right to play US East in the semifinal. This round will be eight versus eight in a series of best of one games of Gen 8 Doubles OU between the starters for each team. The deadline for this round will be Sunday, December 5th at 11:59 PM EST, with the winner going on to face Canada in the finals.

Last edited by a moderator:

spell

of the void
is a Community Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OMPL Champion
US East (6) vs LATAM (2)
Paraplegic vs. Eddie1840
Actuarily vs. GasaiYunoSan
zeefable vs. Neblina
DaWoblefet vs. Ann nonima
dnagerbdager vs. Enzonana.
qsns
vs. HikariNR
SingleThunder vs. Raichy
Xrn vs. Akaru Kokuyo

go nana (sorry dnager :c)

Crunchman

Banned deucer.
US East (6) vs LATAM (2)
Paraplegic vs. Eddie1840 - Paraplegic has been looking shaky, while Eddie has been showing up at crucial moments for this LATAM team and shows no signs of stopping. Literally and metaphorically speaking Eddie should smoke the XxWeedmaster420xX
Actuarily vs. GasaiYunoSan - Bandit may have had a humongous year so far, but GasaiYunoSan beat Crunchman on ladder and that's what really matters.
zeefable vs. Neblina - The LATAM player also known as LoD Ambeer or Nebby for short has been bringing unconventional builds, but so has not-Latin American player zeefable. A storybook seasonals loser bracket run ended with just that: loss, and it looks like a DWCOP win for East here is just a fable as well.
DaWoblefet vs. Ann nonima - I'm not even sure what Ann's name means, but DaWoblefet is a Wobbuffet. Not saying anything about Wobbuffets or anything. But.
dnagerbdager vs. Enzonana. - A bdager vs a BIG RAT... someone's in dnager, and its a rodent.
qsns vs. HikariNR - quick nose versus HNR
1637803534663.png

SingleThunder vs. Raichy - Raichy has Lightning Rod.... nothing more needs to be said.
Xrn vs. Akaru Kokuyo - so apparently there are some LATAM timezones that are actually farther East than US East. Isn't that weird?

Z Strats

Banned deucer.
PREDICTS! can't do much worse than last time.

US EAST (4) vs LATAM (4)

Paraplegic vs. Eddie1840 - Both are sporting good records and have done well for this tour so far but Para has a lot more experience and has been doing pretty well as a builder this tour. I expect Para to be able to build something for the type of teams LATAM likes to bring and beat Eddie.

Actuarily vs. GasaiYunoSan - definitely an upset pick but with LATAM there's gonna be some of those, Actuarily in the past and in this tour has looked like the better player but I think that the crackhead ho teams that Yuno likes to bring is something that Actuarily might struggle against.

zeefable vs. Neblina - Game already happened but I swear I was gonna predict zee

DaWoblefet vs. Ann nonima - DaWob is 3-0 and has looked solid in SS so far while his opponent went 1-2 in pools and has not looked as good. Ann nonima did probably make top 16 of osdt on an alt named Mukkuro which is a bit more promising for their ss dou ability but also increases the chances of becoming the second LATAM player banned from this tour (I think? idfk how the rules work) so I'm still gonna have to give it to DaWob.

dnagerbdager vs. Enzonana. - Enzonana might be the greatest player to ever bless dou and is now 4-1 after beating both Qwello and Spurrific in tiebreaks. He's been doing quite well and exceeding expectations meanwhile his opponent dnager is still quite new to mons and only played one game this tour in which they lost, so I'm gonna have to predict Enzo here.

qsns vs. HikariNR - Hikari like dnager is another example of a player who I think is quite new to mons and got subbed into pools and went 0-1. While qsns hasn't been too active as of late and might be a bit washed they're still a good player with lots of mons experience and should be able to take this one.

SingleThunder vs. Raichy - I think SingleThunder is a huge wildcard of a player they make some really questionable plays at times and sometimes it ends up working. I think it's actually best to have him against more experienced players and hope that wildcardness pays off. The game against umbry is a perfect example of this as umbry was probably one of the best opponents he could get to try and steal a win as she sometimes tries too hard to predict around her opponents "best/correct play" and it can end up failing. I don't think we will see this type of problem from Raichy though as he's prob just learning doubles. I think Raichy is good enough at mons that he can play it well enough from what I've seen and I predict him to take the win against SingleThunder.

Xrn vs. Akaru Kokuyo - Akaru has had a pretty disappointing tour going 1-3 including a pretty bad choke one of those games but he's also been against pretty good players every time. Xrn is 2-1 but I haven't been that impressed by them and Akaru is the player with more experience. I think if Akaru stops using the not as solid older teams/fishes and uses something more standard like he did in his one win he should take it though.

At this point I've predicted a tie so I'll create a hypothetical tiebreak scenario and predict that for fun.

HYPOTHEITICAL TIEBREAK:
Paraplegic vs. Enzonana. - Enzo is more than used to tiebreaks and has good results in them as previously mentioned. I wouldn't be surprised if Para is able to build something here as even though Enzo is more varied than the rest of LATAM it's mostly old teams that usually share similar weaknesses to certain things, but It's hard to bet against Enzo in a tiebreak at the moment.

Actuarily vs. Eddie1840 - I actually don't know if US East would put Actuarily in a tiebreak if they lose vs yuno but they should. Eddie is nowhere near as crazy as Yuno when it comes to teams and stuff and I think Actuarily is a better player than Eddie and will be able to win whatever more standard match up comes from there.

DaWoblefet vs. Akaru/Yuno - I also don't know which of Akaru or Yuno would be put in for LATAM but I'd assume it's one of them and either one I think DaWob would beat. DaWob has looked stronger than Akaru this tour and I think has been using better teams, and DaWob I would also predict to be able to deal with the HO stuff Yuno likes pretty easily so either way it's a win for DaWob.

spell

of the void
is a Community Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OMPL Champion
PREDICTS! can't do much worse than last time.

US EAST (4) vs LATAM (4)

Paraplegic vs. Eddie1840 - Both are sporting good records and have done well for this tour so far but Para has a lot more experience and has been doing pretty well as a builder this tour. I expect Para to be able to build something for the type of teams LATAM likes to bring and beat Eddie.

Actuarily vs. GasaiYunoSan - definitely an upset pick but with LATAM there's gonna be some of those, Actuarily in the past and in this tour has looked like the better player but I think that the crackhead ho teams that Yuno likes to bring is something that Actuarily might struggle against.

zeefable vs. Neblina - Game already happened but I swear I was gonna predict zee

DaWoblefet vs. Ann nonima - DaWob is 3-0 and has looked solid in SS so far while his opponent went 1-2 in pools and has not looked as good. Ann nonima did probably make top 16 of osdt on an alt named Mukkuro which is a bit more promising for their ss dou ability but also increases the chances of becoming the second LATAM player banned from this tour (I think? idfk how the rules work) so I'm still gonna have to give it to DaWob.

dnagerbdager vs. Enzonana. - Enzonana might be the greatest player to ever bless dou and is now 4-1 after beating both Qwello and Spurrific in tiebreaks. He's been doing quite well and exceeding expectations meanwhile his opponent dnager is still quite new to mons and only played one game this tour in which they lost, so I'm gonna have to predict Enzo here.

qsns vs. HikariNR - Hikari like dnager is another example of a player who I think is quite new to mons and got subbed into pools and went 0-1. While qsns hasn't been too active as of late and might be a bit washed they're still a good player with lots of mons experience and should be able to take this one.

SingleThunder vs. Raichy - I think SingleThunder is a huge wildcard of a player they make some really questionable plays at times and sometimes it ends up working. I think it's actually best to have him against more experienced players and hope that wildcardness pays off. The game against umbry is a perfect example of this as umbry was probably one of the best opponents he could get to try and steal a win as she sometimes tries too hard to predict around her opponents "best/correct play" and it can end up failing. I don't think we will see this type of problem from Raichy though as he's prob just learning doubles. I think Raichy is good enough at mons that he can play it well enough from what I've seen and I predict him to take the win against SingleThunder.

Xrn vs. Akaru Kokuyo - Akaru has had a pretty disappointing tour going 1-3 including a pretty bad choke one of those games but he's also been against pretty good players every time. Xrn is 2-1 but I haven't been that impressed by them and Akaru is the player with more experience. I think if Akaru stops using the not as solid older teams/fishes and uses something more standard like he did in his one win he should take it though.

At this point I've predicted a tie so I'll create a hypothetical tiebreak scenario and predict that for fun.

HYPOTHEITICAL TIEBREAK:
Paraplegic vs. Enzonana. - Enzo is more than used to tiebreaks and has good results in them as previously mentioned. I wouldn't be surprised if Para is able to build something here as even though Enzo is more varied than the rest of LATAM it's mostly old teams that usually share similar weaknesses to certain things, but It's hard to bet against Enzo in a tiebreak at the moment.

Actuarily vs. Eddie1840 - I actually don't know if US East would put Actuarily in a tiebreak if they lose vs yuno but they should. Eddie is nowhere near as crazy as Yuno when it comes to teams and stuff and I think Actuarily is a better player than Eddie and will be able to win whatever more standard match up comes from there.

DaWoblefet vs. Akaru/Yuno - I also don't know which of Akaru or Yuno would be put in for LATAM but I'd assume it's one of them and either one I think DaWob would beat. DaWob has looked stronger than Akaru this tour and I think has been using better teams, and DaWob I would also predict to be able to deal with the HO stuff Yuno likes pretty easily so either way it's a win for DaWob.
forgot to write ''i love the nana''

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)