DP Research Thread #6 (Even newer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If you Psycho Shift to a Pokemon with Synchronize, does it send the status back at you?

If you Psycho Shift Toxic, does the counter remain?

All of this was tested on SoulSilver.
If you Psycho Shift to a Pokemon with Synchronize, does it send the status back at you?

If you Psycho Shift Toxic, does the counter remain?
A wild Natu's Synchronize bounced a Psycho Shifted toxic poisoning back at my Noctowl, so yes.

The counter reset when I Psycho Shifted a 3rd round toxic poisoning.

If a Pokemon uses Psycho Shift on target without status, but the target is immune to the user's status, does Psycho Shift still remove the user's status?
If you try to Psycho Shift poison onto a Poison-type, Psycho Shift fails and your Pokemon remains poisoned.

Also, not sure if this has been looked into or not, but it might be relevant: if you Psycho Shift status while holding Toxic Orb, Toxic Orb will then activate at the end of the turn.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Just found out that mono with the ability magic guard are immune to the full paralysis condition. I noticed this when using MG clef on cart and not getting para'd once in 50 or so tries, and I did research online and saw yt user: chuggaaconroy state something about this as well as this specific bulbapedia article. If this was already stated then sorry, but I just wanted to point this out just in case it was not previously known.

edit: sorry if 4 year bump is completely uneeded lol.

Isa

I've never felt better in my life
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
if it was on bulbapedia what made you think it wasnt on ps already lol

but yes its known

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Well bulbapedia could be wrong, like the Spiky Shield and Snatch interaction.

But yeah the Magic Guard/paralysis interaction has been known for a really long time.

xJoelituh

Banned deucer.
If all weather conditions are present, do magic guard Pokemon take weather damage?
If you mean Acid Rain, I think Magic Guard should protect you from all indirect damage so, no.
I could be wrong though because I can't test it right now ingame

Don't know if this was known, but I was fighting a Wild Ratata and it got confused, and then when it hit it self with confusion, it said that the chillian berry weakened tail whip's damage.
Perhaps berrys can reduce the damage done from confusion damage if the inteneded attack was a type that a resist berry would lower? (I.e. Confused Shuca Heatran using Earth Power)
This was tested here and this effect does not seem to happen on the other resistance berries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)