DOU WCoP suspended due to Corona

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
Heavyweapons Mann your posts itt have been super duper trash but I still feel pretty bad whenever someone gets ganged up on so heres some sincere advice: you don't have to respond to every post (even if it's directed at you). You shouldn't be posting ITT if it's not at least somewhat related to DOU. And please put more effort into your posts than these shitty one liners with no thought behind them.

Heavyweapons Mann

It can't imagine that it feels good to read some of the comments you get on forums and the DPL meme thread. I guess you probably feel like the community is ganging up on you, so I'm here to extend an olive branch.

I'm sure you meant well at first. You start out trying to post in a thread you love, maybe with a bit too much zeal, and suddenly everyone is against you. You have to get a little mean because no one seems to be listening to your opinions or respect them, and when they do listen it seems like they only want to hate on you. You've found yourself in a loop where you have to lash out because everyones targeting you, which of course only causes them to target you more. Hate to see it.

As someone who's ridden the highs and lows of smogon doubles, I've got a lot of sympathy for your plight. It does not feel like so long ago that I was wearing down my laptop keys to dust and my fingers to the bone copy and pasting pokemon onto well recognized memes for likes (still works btw). It doesn't always seem fair that "shitposters" who you've never spoken to or see on the ladder get to make the rules. After all, you probably posted more oneliners than them, and besides, you're not even professing to know more than them, you just want the new memes given a chance. The problem others have with you has nothing to do with these no effort one liners, they just don't like being insulted. I'm reaching out to 1) give you a chance to apologize and reset your smogon presence, and 2) to give you some GrandpaCole advice:

This isn't worth posting over.

Even if you hit the highest heights of like to post ratios, which I'm sure you aspire to, one day you're going to wake up and wonder why you put so much sweat equity into full contact forum fighting. You started playing this game for fun, so take a break when it's anything but that. Like I said, I can't imagine this has been fun for you.

The best thing you can do now is to apologize, take a deep breath, and drop it. People know how you feel, and now you get to let them digest your opinions and reply. You can take the time to hear the opposing view from people who may be just as passionate as you are, and if you disagree and want to refute them that's cool. This site runs on people posting, but don't let your emotions run high, and whatever you do, don't tell anyone they suck. Honestly, being bad at posting is underrated, I have way more fun being bad at posting memes than I ever did trying to be good.

It may come as a surprise, but some of the people posting memes about you can actually be pretty cool most of the time. I'm sure if you apologized for insulting them, they would reciprocate and everything would be forgiven. I for one would welcome another person to the discord chat who wanted to talk about heavy weapons instead of "gamn" and "mish". Smogon might run on posting, but the DOU forum runs on people who give a shit and want to have some fun and win some games. I think if you came at this issue (and future posts, remember there is a long road ahead when it comes to DPL) with a bit of moderation, you would find out that you fit in more than you'd expect, you'd make some friends, and you'd get some respect + skill along the way.

If you ever want to run a post by me first or just want to chat, my inbox is always open.

Diophantine

Banned deucer.
Criteria for the ranking: I remember these anime being on Toonami when I was a kid
MEGAS XLR >>>>>>> One Piece >=Naruto > Beyblade G Revolution > Dragonball Z > Samurai Jack > Yugioh DM > Xiaolin Showdown > Dragonball > Dragonball GT > Pokemon >Teen Titans > Yugioh GX > Rave Master > Duel Masters > Bakugan

Yellow Paint

working as intended
is a Top Tutoris a Top Team Rateris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
B101 Leader
Rain.
rain.png

Sand.
sand.png

Sun.
sun.png

Tailwind.
tailwind.png

Long ago, the four weathers lived together in harmony. Then, everything changed when the Dynamax attacked.
dynamax.png

Only Marshadow, destroyer of all four archetypes, could stop them.
destroyermarsh.png

But when the community hated him most, he vanished.
vanished.png

A suspect test passed, ending in a Dynamax ban. Although many think Weakness Policy should have been banned instead, I believe Togedemaru can save the meta.
endeavor.png

Attachments

MajorBowman

wouldst thou like to live fergaliciously?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Greetings Pokemon Players,

The Smogon Doubles Overused Council hopes this message finds you well. Given the current COVID-19 outbreak causing many services and businesses to shut down, the Council has decided to institute some new guidelines to be enacted in Doubles Premier League VI for the safety of everyone involved.

The first measure taken was to ban all contact moves from play in Doubles Overused. Social distancing is very important at this time, so we feel as though this is an important step in limiting the spread of COVID-19.

Additionally, we will be switching to 5v5 battles instead of 6v6. This decision was made in order to comply with federal bans on gatherings of more than 10 people.

All Pokemon are required to hold the item Silk Scarf and wear it over their mouths and noses as a means of protection against possible airborne viruses.

Finally, in order to protect our more vulnerable populations, all Pokemon of levels less than 6 and greater than 65 have been banned. Young children and the elderly are the most likely demographics to have complications and even faint from COVID-19, so their safety is of the utmost importance.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, but we trust that these measures will work to flatten the curve and return our metagame back to normal as fast as possible.

Please feel free to reach out to the council if you have any questions!

Stay safe,
MajorBowman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)