1v1 DPP 1v1 Cup - Finals [Won by Close]

Status
Not open for further replies.
classic.png

thanks Brumirage for the amazing art!
DPP 1v1 Cup Finals
Welcome to the DPP 1v1 Cup, the fourth tournament of 1v1 Classic IV!

Tournament Rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • 1v1 Classic rules can be read here.
  • Gen 4 1v1. Bring 3 Pokemon, pick 1.
  • Battles must take place on main server or smogtours under the format [Gen 4] 1v1.
  • Best of five, single elimination.
  • If you don't get your match done, I will give the activity win to someone or coinflip it. If both users are constantly making contact but can't set up a specific time, I will give an extension for 3 days. Do not rely on this because I might just flip your game if minimal effort was put in.
  • Do not make baseless activity posts; get in contact with your opponent and report missed times / scheduling issues only.
Ruleset - [Gen 4] OU, Team Preview
Bans - Latias, Arceus, Darkrai, Deoxys-All, Dialga, Garchomp, Giratina, Giratina-O, Groudon, Ho-oh, Kyogre, Latios, Lugia, Manaphy, Mew, Mewtwo, Palkia, Porygon-Z, Rayquaza, Salamence, Shaymin-Sky, Snorlax, Focus Sash, Soul Dew, Dark Void, Grass Whistle, Hypnosis, Lovely Kiss, Perish Song, Sing, Sleep Powder, Spore, Yawn, Flash, Kinesis, Mirror Shot, Mud Bomb, Mud-Slap, Muddy Water, Octazooka, Sand Attack, Smokescreen, Explosion, Self Destruct, Destiny Bond
Unbans - Wobbuffet, Wynaut, Sand Veil

Resources:
Replays are required!

Finals match-ups:

eblurb (0-0), Close (0-0), Chickenpie2 (0-0)

Finals deadline is October 25th at 6:00 PM GMT.

clerica

fly me up to Jupiter
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm sorry dpp cup finalists, and more specifically cp2, that you are the next victim of the eblurb effect. blurb is the main character of this anime. He set out on a mission. From day 1 blurb strived for greatness to claim what was rightfully his: a 1v1 classic trophy. He grinded tour after tour to get his shot, to just get a chance to prove himself. And he did. Outplaying his opponents in every tour, only losing to hax and brainless strategies.

People may say blurb is a lucky player, but as I said, he is the main character of this manga, the world wants him to win. You cannot deny the greatness in blurb. His chat presence is like nobody else's. He will immediately throw you off by saying or doing some dumb shit. This may include mod chatting and voicing everyone except stableprince569, an excellent tactic.

His trash talk, while not commonly seen, is second to none. He gets personal with it and strikes deep into your soul,
"He's like the worse crucify" -eggs about [REDACTED USER] (2020)

His kyubit money matches in 1v1 room have trained him for high-pressure scenarios where he could gain an even bigger edge than he already had. You cannot beat blurb. The odds are so heavily stacked in your favor with him being in your head, his fans demotivating his opponents, his sheer metagame knowledge and him being the main character in this world. The only thing holding him back is being smogbanned by his parents. Once the words, "I've clicked" pops up in the battle chat from the flaming guitar, it is already over. I truly feel sorry for anyone who has to play this literal god at pokemon, I really do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)