Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Superpower

This terrifying kaiju rampages all over the DPP OU metagame! With a Choice Scarf, Tyranitar's Speed tier goes from mediocre to great, letting it outspeed threats like Starmie, Gengar, and Latias. This makes Tyranitar a great entry hazard setter, as it forces out Pokemon like Heatran to set up Stealth Rock before the opponent can, and a terrifying Pursuit trapper that obliterates foes like the aforementioned Starmie and Latias when they try to switch out. Crunch smashes through bulkier Pokemon like the Rotom formes that may be able to survive a Pursuit. Superpower hits Steel-types like Lucario and Heatran while also dealing big damage to opposing Tyranitar and Clefable. Tyranitar does best on balance and entry hazard centric teams due to its ability to trap Pokemon like Gengar and Latias that annoy these archetypes. Infernape makes for a particularly good partner, as it is able to deal with Steel-types, such as Skarmory, Heatran and Metagross, while Tyranitar takes care of Psychic- and Ghost-types for Infernape. Another great teammate is Skarmory, which forms an entry hazard stacking core with Tyranitar and appreciates it dealing with Starmie. Other partners that have great synergy with Choice Scarf Tyranitar include Gliscor, Jirachi, Breloom, and Clefable.

Last edited:
- Mention Latias as a pokemon Scarf Tar is notoriously good against, one of the most reliable ways to get rid of it in the metagame is to pursuit trap it (and Scarf Tar being faster helps a lot in that regard)

- Scarf Tar is not really seen much on offensive teams (at least not as much as it used to), i'd rephrase and say it's considered as a staple of hazard centric and balanced teams. It helps a lot in the hazard game and getting rid of the eventual Starmie permanently, and the speedtier it gives is usually key for those teams as well.

- I don't disagree that Infernape is a good partner of Scarf Tar, but i'd add and say Skarmory is one of the most prominent partners - also alongside the likes of Jirachi, Gliscor, Breloom and Clefable for example

- Just to be more precise, Stealth Rock on Scarf Tyranitar has been a trendy move for some time now, it's particularly useful for some teams in order to get them up early in the game, sometimes can find opportunities vs pokemon that Tyranitar would force out (like Heatran for example)

- Mention Latias as a pokemon Scarf Tar is notoriously good against, one of the most reliable ways to get rid of it in the metagame is to pursuit trap it (and Scarf Tar being faster helps a lot in that regard)

- Scarf Tar is not really seen much on offensive teams (at least not as much as it used to), i'd rephrase and say it's considered as a staple of hazard centric and balanced teams. It helps a lot in the hazard game and getting rid of the eventual Starmie permanently, and the speedtier it gives is usually key for those teams as well.

- I don't disagree that Infernape is a good partner of Scarf Tar, but i'd add and say Skarmory is one of the most prominent partners - also alongside the likes of Jirachi, Gliscor, Breloom and Clefable for example

- Just to be more precise, Stealth Rock on Scarf Tyranitar has been a trendy move for some time now, it's particularly useful for some teams in order to get them up early in the game, sometimes can find opportunities vs pokemon that Tyranitar would force out (like Heatran for example)
implemented, ready for another look!

:dp/tyranitar:
Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Superpower

This terrifying kaiju rampages all over the DPP OU metagame! With a Choice Scarf, Tyranitar's Speed tier goes from mediocre to great, being able to outspeed such threats as Azelf, Starmie, and Gengar mention Latias. This new Speed tier can make Tyranitar a great hazard setter, forcing out Pokemon like Heatran and using it as an opportunity to set up Stealth Rock on the field before the opponent can, or make it a terrifying Pursuit trapper that obliterates foes like the aforementioned Starmie and Choice Scarf Latias (no need to specify Choice Scarf specifically, this applies to all Latias) when they try to switch out. Superpower is used to hit Steel types like Lucario and Heatran while also dealing big damage to opposing Tyranitar and Blissey I would say Clefable instead of Blissey. Crunch is Tyranitar's most powerful move, smashing through bulkier Pokemon like the Rotom forms that may be able to survive a Pursuit. Tyranitar does best on more balance and hazard centric teams due to its ability to set up Stealth Rock early maybe I explained myself badly, Tyranitar does best on balance and hazard centric teams not because it can set up Stealth Rock early, but because it is able to trap Pokemon like Gengar and Latias that are usually annoying for those teams. Infernape makes a particularly good partner for Tyranitar, being able to deal with Steel types such as the aforementioned Skarmory as well as Heatran and Metagross while Tyranitar takes care of Psychic and Ghost types for Infernape. Another great Pokemon is Skarmory, which forms a hazard stacking core with Tyranitar and appreciates Tyranitar being able to deal with Starmie for it (in short they have great synergy). Other partners that can accomplish this include Gliscor, Jirachi, Breloom, and Clefable. last sentence is weirdly phrased, I would say like "other partners that have great synergy with Scarf Tyranitar include Gliscor, Breloom, Jirachi and Clefable among others.
should be ok once everything fixed

dex

Give my perception as a handle of weapon
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
This spotlight is way too long at 1200 characters, cut it down closer to 1000 and I'll check it

dex

Give my perception as a handle of weapon
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
GP Check
blue = add
red = delete
green = comments

A few of my changes are angled at making the spotlight a bit shorter, as it still is a few too many characters past the limit.
Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Superpower

This terrifying kaiju rampages all over the DPP OU metagame! With a Choice Scarf, Tyranitar's Speed tier goes from mediocre to great, being able to letting it outspeed such threats as like Starmie, Gengar, and Latias. This new Speed tier can makes Tyranitar a great entry hazard setter, forcing as it forces out Pokemon like Heatran and using it as an opportunity to set up Stealth Rock on the field before the opponent can, or make it and a terrifying Pursuit trapper that obliterates foes like the aforementioned Starmie and Latias when they try to switch out. Crunch smashes through bulkier Pokemon like the Rotom formes that may be able to survive a Pursuit. (Crunch is before Superpower on the set, and so should be talked about first. Also it is "formes", not "forms", just to make sure that edit gets done) Superpower hits Steel-types (add hyphen) like Lucario and Heatran while also dealing big damage to opposing Tyranitar and Clefable. Crunch smashes through bulkier Pokemon like the Rotom forms that may be able to survive a Pursuit. Tyranitar does best on balance and entry hazard centric teams due to its ability to trap Pokemon like Gengar and Latias that annoy these teams archetypes (avoids repetition). Infernape makes for a particularly good partner for Tyranitar, being as it is able to deal with Steel-types, (add hyphen) (add comma) such as Skarmory, Heatran and Metagross, (add comma) while Tyranitar takes care of Psychic- (add hyphen) and Ghost-types (add hyphen) for Infernape. Another great partner Pokemon teammate is Skarmory, which forms an entry hazard stacking core with Tyranitar and appreciates Tyranitar being able to deal it dealing with Starmie for it. Other partners that have great synergy with Choice Scarf Tyranitar include Gliscor, Jirachi, Breloom, and Clefable.

1641644709988.png

1/1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)