Gen 4 DPP Ubers Hyper Offense

HYPER OFFENSE

DPP Ubers is my favorite tier and I wanted to make a team about it, this team is built for the Ruins of Alph tour. I watched a lot BKC vids about DPP Ubers too so I wanted to build a team based on one of his videos. I'm not a Hyper Offense Player so I wanted to build a team that features it.

TEAMBUILDING PROCESS

:deoxys-speed:
I watched BKC's lead video and I thought of using Deoxys-Speed. I thought Deoxys-Speed forces Taunt speed ties but I found out I can switch out on Taunt then switch to my anti-lead. I chose the Spikes+3 filler set so that I'm guaranteed to have Stealth Rocks and 1 layer of Spikes

:darkrai:
At first, I thought that I was so brilliant that after turn 1 I use Dark Void and guarantee that the opponent has no hazards while I still have mine but I forgot they're gonna taunt me. I still wanted to use Scarf Darkrai for Speed control and some trickery

:giratina-origin::dialga:
I needed something that deals with Groudon and Steel types and this duo is perfect for that. Physical Giratina-O is useful for checking Blissey and has a priority move while Dialga is a really good stealth rocker and offers a lot of offensive and defensive utility to the team.

:latios:
Latios is an excellent check to Kyogre and abuses Spikes and it is a perfect candidate for almost any Hyper Offense team. It's also useful at switching into Scarf Garchomp locked into Earthquake.

:scizor:
I was thinking of running Jirachi at first, but I learned in a BKC video that you can run Sleep Talk on defensive Scizor! Scizor is great at dealing with both Dragon types and Darkrai while also being a slow pivot to allow my team to move around easier.

THE TEAM

:bw/deoxys-speed:
Deoxys-Speed @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Atk / 164 SpD / 16 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Extreme Speed
- Superpower

Deoxys-Speed does what it does best, laying hazards. I wanted to do some experimenting with Colbur Berry sets and I wanted to use this set. The spread allows me to live a Draco meteor from Mild Rayquaza while outspeeding Deoxys-attack, Extreme Speed is really useful for breaking Sashes from opposing leads so don't have to hit them twice later in the game. Superpower with Colbur Berry lets me bring lead Tyranitar to its Focus Sash and sometimes lead Hariyama... Unless they crit you.

:bw/darkrai:
Darkrai @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Bad Dreams
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Trick
- Dark Void
- Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast

Scarf Darkrai brings excellent speed control to the team that outspeeds opposing scarfers other than Scarf Mewtwo or Shaymin-Sky and guarantees their Sleep Talker getting chipped by Spikes or shut down a Pokemon. Modest nature still lets me outspeed other scarfers and the power increase is noticeable. Trick lets me annoy stall teams and defensive pokemon. I chose Focus Blast over Nasty Plot because usually during games I'm not able to trick away my scarf due to the fact that I need to keep other scarfers in check to avoid a late-game clean.

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Levitate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 112 Atk / 212 Def / 144 SpD / 24 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Outrage
- Shadow Sneak
- Earthquake

Giratina-Origin is a Pokemon I don't really understand why people like it so much; Dialga is a really good switch into it that even if you're faster, they will always live an Earthquake and Steels just wall it. Anyways, Giratina-Origin is used here just to avoid a Rapid Spin from Forretress and keep my hazards up. EVs let me live a Crunch from Jolly Timid Tyranitar, Outrage from Scarf Garchomp, Draco Meteor from Base form Giratina, and 204 Special Attack Latias all after rocks; Speed EVs are for Adamant max speed Tyranitar so I can Wisp it before it attacks me but you can change EVs however you like. Will-O-Wisp is a really useful status that burns steel types and halves damage from both Payback and Gyro Ball and also burns defensive Groudon. The reason why I don't have Draco Meteor in this set is that if you look at the team, it's just special attackers and if I only have special attackers, I'm walled by common special walls such as Blissey and Ho-oh.

:bw/dialga:
Dialga @ Expert Belt
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP/ / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Thunder

Dialga is the most important member of the team because of its move Stealth Rock. Max Speed Max Special Attack lets me outspeed Adamant Rayquaza while also dealing a lot of damage. Expert Belt over Life Orb is used here because Spikes are really annoying for this team and I want to increase the longevity of my Dialga. Flamethrower over Fire Blast is used for accuracy problems and to save PP when I need to. Dialga is still good no matter what weather it is.

:bw/latios:
Latios (M) @ Soul Dew
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 3 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Draco Meteor
- Grass Knot
- Dragon Pulse

Latios abuses Spikes like no other with its Draco Meteors. Hidden Power Ground is really good and I don't think people use it that much at first I thought it's just a tech vs Heatran but it was so useful during games where I deal super-effective damage to Jirachi, Dialga, and sometimes Magnezone. The lack of recovery on this Latios set can be really annoying but you have to strike first rather than you are responding also Giratina-Origin and Dialga can switch into Scarf Kyogre so you don't have to switch into it all the time; if you really want the recovery, you should use Recover over Dragon Pulse but when I tried using Recover, there were so many situations where I want to hit a Palkia but I don't want to get -2 Special Attack so I decided to use Pulse over Recover since Kyogre is easily checked by Dialga and Giratina-Origin.

:bw/scizor:
Scizor @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 244 HP / 48 Atk / 216 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Sleep Talk
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower

Scizor is a great steel type that offers pivoting, absorbing sleep moves, and having another priority user is always good to have. Superpower is used over Brick Break is because I want to surprise Darkrai with a super-effective move. The EVs for Attack is used to OHKO Darkrai after Stealth Rocks and the rest of the EVs in HP and Special Defense; Going super slow may seem odd at first, but this is intentional because I want to be slower than other Scizor and sometimes Ludicolo so I can gain the initiative.

THREAT LIST

:dialga::giratina-origin::latios:
Scizor's lack of recovery makes the team weak to Draco Spam

:lum berry::groudon:
Both Swords Dance and Rock Polish variants are annoying to this team because it doesn't take much damage from Outrage and Dark Pulse, Latios doesn't want to switch into it due to Dragon Claw, and always gets at least 1 KO

:choice-scarf::garchomp:

Scarf Fire Fang Garchomp is another big threat that KOs Scizor then destroys the rest of the team with Outrage

:dialga::latios:+ Fire Move

Dragons with a Fire move is really annoying because no members on this team want to take a Draco Meteor

:mewtwo:
Offensive Variants are hard to deal with because Mewtwo can run coverage moves such as Aura Sphere, Ice Beam, and Flamethrower then gets at least 1 KO'; Light Screen Stalltwo is also annoying since this team has no recovery and is able to take special type hits

REPLAYS

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen4ubers-1422779941-k2q3ue6764j3a0kt91lh02e4jls5c6kpw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen4ubers-1422855216-bgymb4742340ob5ho5ug0h4864b7ekdpw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen4ubers-1419727789-lod346uwz6fxd40v18y8x35v8d9cm77pw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen4ubers-1421608227-z3t1hfy2h7iroezc4m686bxr271qvojpw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen4ubers-1436972084-2doj7jwi1y545wsa6rt5a71ysvecm42pw

POKEPASTE

https://pokepast.es/bfc7b1287f1cbe6a

Last edited:

Jirachee

phoenix reborn
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Hey! Cool team!

I was reading your paragraph on Giratina-O, and I agree with you. Giratina isn't that great of a Pokemon for a hyper offense team in my opinion, unless your use those super aggressive CM sets. I don't think you need a spinblocker on this kind of team; as the offensive pressure alone should be enough to keep Forretress from either spinning or getting its own hazard up. Either is a win in my book. If you can take advantage of a spinner coming in, I think you'd be in a much better situation than just reacting by going to Giratina; it'd move your game plan closer to its goal.

So why not replace Giratina with a Kyogre? Kyogre is, in my opinion, the apex predator of the tier. For an offensive team, it'll provide instant power that'll swing the momentum to your advantage. There are many ways you can go; my favorite set is CM + 3 attacks which would fit this team well. I think Specs Kyogre would also give you a fun tool to work with, although you might want to use Sash Deoxys with it (max Speed Taunt will stop any hazard setter other than Scarf Deoxys. Specs Kyogre really dislikes hazards.)

I've noticed in your threatlist that you mention RP Groudon. An easy way to help with that would be to make Darkrai Timid, as it outspeeds even max Speed Groudon at +2 unless it's bad Jolly which I've never seen. Darkrai also learns Ice Beam which I think would be useful over Focus Blast here. It would not only give you a tool to OHKO Scarf Chomp, but it'd hit Groudon slightly harder than DPulse. Focus Blast is fun but not essential IMO.

Another thing to consider: Thunder over Grass Knot on Latios. Personally I think Grass Knot sucks. Kyogre will bring its own rain so you're sure not to miss most of the time you use Thunder. Groudon can be taken out by Draco Meteor. The added bonus is that you cover Manaphy and most importantly Skarmory which is a pretty big threat to your team right now.

Lastly, I think that Dialga set can work fine with Leftovers. Expert Belt is great for the power, but Lefties might bluff that slow defensive set, especially after using Stealth Rock. The opponent might not be ready for a full powered Draco afterwards... Plus, Leftovers will really help the longevity. Also, I personally prefer Dragon Pulse over Flamethrower on that set; it makes Dialga harder to play around (many people will try and bait the Draco to then force Dialga out, Dragon Pulse solves that!) while still giving you the option the detonate the opposition with a well timed Draco. Pulse + Pulse + Draco will get a surprising number of 3HKOes.

:toast:

Hey! Cool team!

I was reading your paragraph on Giratina-O, and I agree with you. Giratina isn't that great of a Pokemon for a hyper offense team in my opinion, unless your use those super aggressive CM sets. I don't think you need a spinblocker on this kind of team; as the offensive pressure alone should be enough to keep Forretress from either spinning or getting its own hazard up. Either is a win in my book. If you can take advantage of a spinner coming in, I think you'd be in a much better situation than just reacting by going to Giratina; it'd move your game plan closer to its goal.

So why not replace Giratina with a Kyogre? Kyogre is, in my opinion, the apex predator of the tier. For an offensive team, it'll provide instant power that'll swing the momentum to your advantage. There are many ways you can go; my favorite set is CM + 3 attacks which would fit this team well. I think Specs Kyogre would also give you a fun tool to work with, although you might want to use Sash Deoxys with it (max Speed Taunt will stop any hazard setter other than Scarf Deoxys. Specs Kyogre really dislikes hazards.)

I've noticed in your threatlist that you mention RP Groudon. An easy way to help with that would be to make Darkrai Timid, as it outspeeds even max Speed Groudon at +2 unless it's bad Jolly which I've never seen. Darkrai also learns Ice Beam which I think would be useful over Focus Blast here. It would not only give you a tool to OHKO Scarf Chomp, but it'd hit Groudon slightly harder than DPulse. Focus Blast is fun but not essential IMO.

Another thing to consider: Thunder over Grass Knot on Latios. Personally I think Grass Knot sucks. Kyogre will bring its own rain so you're sure not to miss most of the time you use Thunder. Groudon can be taken out by Draco Meteor. The added bonus is that you cover Manaphy and most importantly Skarmory which is a pretty big threat to your team right now.

Lastly, I think that Dialga set can work fine with Leftovers. Expert Belt is great for the power, but Lefties might bluff that slow defensive set, especially after using Stealth Rock. The opponent might not be ready for a full powered Draco afterwards... Plus, Leftovers will really help the longevity. Also, I personally prefer Dragon Pulse over Flamethrower on that set; it makes Dialga harder to play around (many people will try and bait the Draco to then force Dialga out, Dragon Pulse solves that!) while still giving you the option the detonate the opposition with a well timed Draco. Pulse + Pulse + Draco will get a surprising number of 3HKOes.

:toast:
Thanks for the rate! If I use Kyogre over giratina, wouldn't the team become weaker to Forry+Blissey? Blissey is commonly used on bulky teams and commonly has Forry to deal with hazards. Trick Scarf Rai could help, but they usually have a sleep absorber at the back to get the scarf.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)