Strategy & Metagame DPP UU vs BW RU

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilentVerse

Into the New World
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I basically just wanna write an article comparing the metagames of current day RU and DPP UU to highlight the similarities and differences between both metagames. Stuff like talking about the prevalence of diverse FWG cores, highlighting several DPP UU / RU Pokemon with similar roles to each other (Slowking vs Milotic, Sigilyph vs like Alakazam or something along those lines) and Pokemon present in both metagames (Sceptile, Rotom, Drapion, Spiritomb, Aggron, etc) would be done to show the similarities between the metagames, while talking about certain Pokemon that fill certain roles that weren't in one of the metagames (Druddigon, Escavalier have distinct roles that nothing really filled in DPP UU), and the difference in terms of hazard setters and spinners. I would also compare the metagames in general, and how BW RU is generally more offensive than DPP UU and why this is so by looking at the differences between the metagames, but also how RU still retains much of DPP UU's "you can use anything" feel that makes it so fun to play (and insert various other plugs to get people to play RU here).

Both are great metas and there are definitely similarities. SV is very familiar with both metas, too, so I certainly dig this ^.^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)