ORAS OU Dragonite DDance Core

So, here is my second attempt at RMT. This time it is about Dragonite, one of the very interesting choice for a DDance sweep, due to the fact that he can set up reliably at the face of most Pokemon due to Multiscale

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Outrage

So, the man of the team. He is pretty much unstoppable once he get it going. Outrage at +1 will OHKO most Pokemon who does not resist it, and his blazing speed can makes him outspeed almost the entire tier unboosted or un-scarfed, bar Mega Alakazam and Mega Aerodactyl. Mega Alakazam can be OHKO-ed by Extremespeed with little prior damage. Earthquake is chosen to have nice coverage against steel type, bar Ferrothorn and Scizor. Jolly Nature is prefered to speedtie opposing 80 Base Speed Pokemon with Scarf.

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 232 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis

As mentioned above, Dragonite cannot handle Ferrothorn very well, so this is the answer. It can eats Leech Seed or Toxic and 2HKO with Hidden Power Fire, provided Ferrothorn didn't switch. The set is pretty standard, maximizing offensive potential while remain tanky enough. 20 Speed is to outspeed Pokemon sitting at 50 Speed (i.e. Azumarill). Giga Drain and Sludge Bomb as STAB, and Synthesis is for recovery.

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 240 HP / 176 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast

TankChomp is used for the purpose of covering Venusaur from Talonflame. Basically you can switch him into Talonflame and spam your chat with "stop hitting yourself" as Talonflame helplessly K.O. itself through 3 layers of recoil. Or at least it bring Talonflame into K.O. range of Extremespeed. I prefer Stone Edge over Stealth Rock for something to hit Talonflame with, and moved Stealth Rock to Skarmory. Fire Blast is for dealing with the pesky Ferrothorn, should Venusaur fails, and it also roast opposing Skarmory pretty well.

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Psyshock

Removal of Stealth Rock is necessary to keep Multiscale intact. Rapid Spin is the obvious choice for the job. 8 SpA is enough to reliably OHKO most variant of Gengar which might try coming in for Spinblocking (the reason I choose this over Excadrill). Maximum Speed is used to outspeed such Gengar, and the rest is for survivability. Recover serves to increase its longevity, while Scald cripples incoming physical attackers.

I had Assautl Vest in mind but it leaves Starmie with no recovery option.

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Stealth Rock
- Steel Wing
- Taunt

Setting up hazard, as well as cripple support Pokemon with Taunt. It can tank dragon type move for Garchomp, and can remove certain annoying Fairy type with Steel Wing (and a small chance to buff its deffense). Standard stats for Physical tank, I think I'd put some more on the SpDef side, but don't know how much I should put.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 192 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Roar

Final member of the team. Counter Talonflame pretty well, if TankChomp happen to fail. Roar is for forcing out people thinks that they can set up on him or to ruin switches. With Stealth Rock up, Roar also do some passive damage. Earthpower is to blast another Heatran to smithereen. Taunt is an option to put support to a stop, because most Heatran would carry a Stealth Rock, thus they would think they also get a free turn to set up one.

So, this is my team. Please point out the weakness that my team had, and if you could, please leave a response on how to cover it as well! Thanks for reading and have a nice day!

Hey tinyranitar, I like the team, but Dragonite isn't really a good as a sole wincon like Zard X or M-Scizor, and it's usually used as a wallbreaker to support other sweepers like M-Pinsir.

I feel like having both defensive Garchomp and Skarmory is redundant, especially when you already have Heatran to check Talonflame. So you should run Swords Dance Garchomp > Rocky Helmet Garchomp to further pressure Hippowdon, Skarmory, Clefable, Landorus-T, etc. for your Dragonite to have an easier time cleaning late game. With Life Orb, it can 2HKO Unaware Clefable and Quagsire which easily wall your Dragonite, and Fire Fang helps dent into Skarmory and other Steel types so it's easier for you to spam Outrage.

445.png

Garchomp @ Life Orb
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Fire Fang
Next, you should run Brave Bird > Steel Wing on Skarmory since this is your main M-Pinsir, M-Heracross, and M-Medicham answer, and Brave Bird allows you to OHKO all of them. Stuff like M-Diancie or M-Altaria that you hit with Steel Wing (Iron Head is a better option to run btw) are countered by M-Venusaur anyway, so you won't really miss out in anything. You should also run Spikes > Taunt to take full advantage of the fact that you have a Spinner to get hazards off from only your side of the field, and lastly run Whirlwind > Stealth Rock to shuffle around teams to rack up hazard damage.

227.png

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Brave Bird
- Roost
Lastly, with Skarmory now running Spikes, you should run Stealth Rock > Roar on Heatran, as well as run Toxic > Earth Power since you can't touch Latis with your current set, and this is your main check to them. This also helps you status fat walls like Slowbro and Hippowdon on switch-in to make your offensive Dragon core have an easier time breaking them down.

485.png

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 192 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Taunt
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
It's not much, but I hope I was able to help!

Last edited:
Back