Dragons are made to hit stuff hard (OU RMT Peaked 1405 points)

Okay because dragon is my favorite type I wanted to make a fun none serious team that I could just have fun with ,but when it wasn't loosing I checked my rank and it was at 92! on the po sever which I only use for testing fun stuff so then I took it to the Smogon server and had the same results getting me to rank 32 in no time at all. since then I switched to the team I was using before that had got me to 1450 at one point(I know pure stupidity :(. I only did that cuz I thought that team was better and I thought I could get back into the top 20 but guess not) and have dropped to 87.

The Idea is to remove steel types then paralyze the opponets non-steel pokes. After this is done there's nothing to stop my three dragons from smashing their opponets with Outrages. So here's the team

(Jirachi) @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 52 Atk / 180 SDef / 24 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Body Slam
- Fire Punch

I don't know about you ,but when I see jirachi I think "Grrrreeeaat" even if I have 5 counters becuase the Hax king is just that annoying. pretty standard set on him he gets my rocks up early in the match and then proceeds to paralyze everything in sight. Because that helps my banded dragons out pace and generally sweep easier. Fire punch is just there to do some damage to steel types because in order for this team to work it needs all the steel types removed, like I said pretty standard not much to say.

Magnezone @ Leftovers
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 32 HP / 252 SAtk / 224 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon

Magnezone is a must have. I can't even number how many steels i've killed using mag and considering steel is the only type that resist dragon its very very helpful. Again I will loose if I am unable to kill off steel types. Mag the best chance of removing skarm and ferra which are my teams biggest problem. He also has perfect defensive coverage between him and D-Nite/Mence making him a great synergy choice as well. As you can see I do not have charge beam on this set as I need to be able to cover the non flying dragon types and just get in and kill their steel pokes. I run a timid nature on it so I will out speed offensive scizor because when I used my offensive scizor I was able to catch a lot of magnezone off guard out speeding modest mag then koing with superpower, yes the power drop can get annoying but I think its worth it to be able to kill off all scizor barring scarfed variants.

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 112 HP / 252 SAtk / 144 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Pain Split
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder Wave

Rotom Wash has been one of my favorite pokes since 5th gen blessed it with the electric/water typing making it so much more useful in some ways. I have found this poke to be useful with just about any set. For this team I needed a heatran counter that could also paralyze pokes, and I thought of rotom wash instantly not only can he do that but he also helps with synergy giving me an extra fire resistance so I don't have to go into my dragons to take a fire hit early in the game risking a burn. As well as a Ice resistor for the dragons ,and can take ground hit because of levitate. With out him my team wouldn't be as effective because my two banded dragons are simply too slow to sweep without a good chunk of the opposing team paralyzed.

Haxorus (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Outrage
- Dual Chop
- Earthquake
- Brick Break

Haxorus is basically pure distruction with 147 base attack adamant and choice band there's nearly nothing that can take a hit after the steel types are cleared especially when that move is outrage. Bacause of his average speed jirachi and rotom-W help a lot paralyzing everything alowing him to outspeed and use his power freely. I ussally don't bring him in until ALL steel types are removed and and he can out speed everything due to him being so fragile. If I use Rachi and Rotom properly I can ussally have ever poke that's faster then Hax paralyzed and if I use magnezone well I can clear all steel types fairly easily then simply Outrage everything.

Dragonite (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
- ExtremeSpeed

He may not be pure distruction ,but I think he might be his half brother. Dragonite has been one of my favorite pokes since I was 5 years old playing pokemon red crushing my opponets with his hyper beam, since then he still remains to be one of my favorites and still continues to crush opponets ,but the move of choice is no longer hyper beam its Outrage.
Much like Haxsorus this guy loves to come in and outrage everything and with all the steel types gone I have nothing wrong with that. Unlike hax though I ussally bring him in earlier in the match due to his great bulk and fire punch some times I even use him to clear opposing ferrathorn and scizor in case I loose magnezone early on in the game. On top of that he even has priority making him a great poke to take down the annoying sucker punchers. The only down side to D-nite is his low speed which is taken care of by jirachi and rotom between those two the entire team can be paralyzed and the speed doesn't really matter.

Salamence (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Brick Break
- Aerial Ace

If you couldn't already tell salamence is my favorite pokemon of all time and when I saw he was getting moxie I was real excited to see him in action, and he's done just as much sweeping as his dragon brethren because of moxie. Salamence acts as my revenge killer its become my favorite scarf user being able to catch latios off gaurd expecting him to have cb like the others then its like a bowling ball going down hill. If rotom and rachi don't paralyze latios/latias they would be a huge problem, but thanks to mence he can take care of most lati sets but the team is in big trouble against opposing scarf users if I loose rachi. I am considering switching mence out for another scarfer to get rid of my 3rd dragon weakness, or maybe even a set up sweeper that will give the team better over all synergy, but I can't think of what to replace it with. Also mence is my favorite poke so he's kinda hard to get rid of.

So there you have it please tell me what you think! Also if you want to see this team in action go to my youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/salamence1100 and subscribe! Thanks! :D

As far as I know, 252+252 does not equal 508. Maybe 4 HP EVs on Salamence? (Not like it's going to matter, but still...)

this team looks pretty solid, the biggest thing that jumps out to me is how dangerous opposing weather can be (lo mamoswine + aboma, for example, would beat the entire team, as could sun teams with growth venu, and even sand teams with scarf terrak and sub landorus)

i think id honestly go with politoed over salamence to control the weather while still countering/hitting steel-types extremely hard (heatran too). a scarf set handles things fairly well. you could then give rotom-w thunder over pain split (doesnt really fit the team) and magnezone thunder over tbolt and probably even twave over flash cannon for the reason you had it on rotom-w. this gives you jirachi, rotom-w, and now zone to paralyze so you arent losing anything. if your opponent has ferro btw, you would have to make sure to trap it before you put rain up anywhere.

the team already has reached success so its not a mandatory change, just something to consider :B...weather wars could be annoying for you.

Why aren't you using Outrage on Salamence? It's legal with Moxie, just not with Moxie and DD, and tears shit up so much quicker, especially with all your ways to get rid of Steel-types. Nice team btw, gotta try a strategy like this.

EDIT: Derp, PO hasn't implemented Outrage yet

One thing I noticed about your team right off the bat was that your 3 sweepers are all ATK sweepers, not SPA sweepers. I think this is bad because defensive walls could really stall your team. (like snorlax, gliscor, etc). So I would switch one dragon to a CM latias, or banded/scarfed latios. Cm latias would help you have some flexibilty with one of your sweepers not being banded or scarfed, and latios would help cause it outspeeds other dragons which could be problematic for your team. Yes I know neither would be wanting to use outrage since it isn't SPA but you could still be quite powerful with dragon claw!

Just a quick rate, might comment more later but no promises!

One thing I noticed about your team right off the bat was that your 3 sweepers are all ATK sweepers, not SPA sweepers. I think this is bad because defensive walls could really stall your team. (like snorlax, gliscor, etc). So I would switch one dragon to a CM latias, or banded/scarfed latios. Cm latias would help you have some flexibilty with one of your sweepers not being banded or scarfed, and latios would help cause it outspeeds other dragons which could be problematic for your team. Yes I know neither would be wanting to use outrage since it isn't SPA but you could still be quite powerful with dragon claw!

Just a quick rate, might comment more later but no promises!
Thanks for your thoughts, I have been thinking about latios instead of Hax but the only thing I don't like is not having the ability to finish off a team if he is my last poke because in order to have power close to that of Hax he would need Draco Meteor which is only good for one attack then the over all stratigy changes. Rotom-W takes care of gliscor and haxorus' Outrage will 2hko any non-steel wall (barring reflect, Iron Defence, and Bulk up) so a special sweeper isn't overly needed.

KD24, I also like your idea as it will fix the synergy and your right sand teams are often tricky and they are very common ,but I hate weather wars and like I said this was made for fun. If I wanted to be serious I would probably use scarf Toed thats a great Idea thanks.

AOPSUser, I didn't even notice that xD

Salamence should probably be using Outrage > Dragon Claw or both just for the raw power. I don't see why you would ever use Aerial Ace so Outrage > Aerial Ace seems perfectly fine.

Also since you have Mence and Dnite, SR will really hurt. Consider Starmie > Rotom. Starmie pairs really well with both Salamence and Dragonite, and it will also pair well with Jirachi. I think you'll find Rapid Spin support very helpful and Starmie still beats things like Gyarados just as Rotom-W would.

In the end the decision is yours, but I think overall Starmie > Rotom would really benefit your team.

Thanks for your thoughts, I have been thinking about latios instead of Hax but the only thing I don't like is not having the ability to finish off a team if he is my last poke because in order to have power close to that of Hax he would need Draco Meteor which is only good for one attack then the over all stratigy changes. Rotom-W takes care of gliscor and haxorus' Outrage will 2hko any non-steel wall (barring reflect, Iron Defence, and Bulk up) so a special sweeper isn't overly needed.
neither haxxy nor latios are good endgame though and you really need a special dragon.. hmmm, if you don't like the frail latios, try scarfed hydreigon. you can replace salamence or haxxy with him.

Shurtugal

The Enterpriser.
is a Tiering Contributor
All physical dragons? I can properly rate this later, but, for now latios over menace for speed, power, and special sweeping. Especially since ur dragons r ur main sweepers (iPod, don't hate my spelling :)

It seems your major problem with latios over hax is draco meteor, but draco meteor isn't necessary at all :D. You can use dragon pulse! Less stab yes, but with high SPA and monster speed you need not worry. And if you want higher attack, then just use a CM latias, calm mind once, and dragon pulse everybody to death ! Hope this helps !

why all choiced just out of curiosity? maybe use nite or haxxy as DDers? more maneuverability and flexibility

btw cant DD haxorus more or less wreck your team? earthquake the first half and outrage the second half?

just a noob's observations, but cool team!

This is a solid team concept, getting up hazards early, luring steels, trapping them, and proceeding to sweep with powerful Dragon-types. Here are a few suggestions to make the team run a bit smoother and sweep faster. First, on Jirachi, I would suggest dropping Fire Punch for Wish. Because you already have Magnezone to deal with Steel-types, Fire Punch is rather unnecessary. Wish is also useful late-game to replenish the health of your sweepers, in order to effectively clean up.

Next thing on the agenda: you're running 3 of the most potent set up Dragon-type sweepers in the game with Magnezone, who's fundamental purpose is to clear the way for a sweep, yet you aren't running Dragon Dance or boosting moves on any of the 3? I feel like this is a major oversight. I would suggest switching your Haxorus to a Scarf set. This allows you to check opposing DDNites, outspeeding after a +1 and OHKOing through Multiscale with Outrage. Haxorus is also somewhat fragile, and allots itself more longevity as a hit and run revenge killer / late-game Scarf sweeper. Also, running Haxorus as your revenge killer allows Salamence and Dnite to run different sets. For Dragonite, I would suggest running a Dragon Dance set, as Multiscale Dragonite is a force to be reckoned with, and easily sweeps most teams without the presence of Steel-types. For Salamence, I suggest switching to either a Offensive LO DD set, or a Mixed Wallbreaker.

Haxorus @ Choice Scarf
- Outrage
- Dual Chop/Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Brick Break

Dragonite @ Leftovers
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw/Outrage
- Earthquake/Roost
- Fire Punch

Salamence @ Life Orb
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 116 Atk / 216 SAtk / 176 Spd or 252 SAtk / 4 Atk / 252 Spd
Rash or Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Brick Break
- Fire Blast
- Roost
This should help clear the opposing team of walls, after all Steel-types are gone, to allow Dragonite to more effectively sweep / Haxorus to effectively clean up.

Good luck with the team, hope I helped!

This is a solid team concept, getting up hazards early, luring steels, trapping them, and proceeding to sweep with powerful Dragon-types. Here are a few suggestions to make the team run a bit smoother and sweep faster. First, on Jirachi, I would suggest dropping Fire Punch for Wish. Because you already have Magnezone to deal with Steel-types, Fire Punch is rather unnecessary. Wish is also useful late-game to replenish the health of your sweepers, in order to effectively clean up.

Next thing on the agenda: you're running 3 of the most potent set up Dragon-type sweepers in the game with Magnezone, who's fundamental purpose is to clear the way for a sweep, yet you aren't running Dragon Dance or boosting moves on any of the 3? I feel like this is a major oversight. I would suggest switching your Haxorus to a Scarf set. This allows you to check opposing DDNites, outspeeding after a +1 and OHKOing through Multiscale with Outrage. Haxorus is also somewhat fragile, and allots itself more longevity as a hit and run revenge killer / late-game Scarf sweeper. Also, running Haxorus as your revenge killer allows Salamence and Dnite to run different sets. For Dragonite, I would suggest running a Dragon Dance set, as Multiscale Dragonite is a force to be reckoned with, and easily sweeps most teams without the presence of Steel-types. For Salamence, I suggest switching to either a Offensive LO DD set, or a Mixed Wallbreaker.

Haxorus @ Choice Scarf
- Outrage
- Dual Chop/Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Brick Break

Dragonite @ Leftovers
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw/Outrage
- Earthquake/Roost
- Fire Punch

Salamence @ Life Orb
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 116 Atk / 216 SAtk / 176 Spd or 252 SAtk / 4 Atk / 252 Spd
Rash or Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Brick Break
- Fire Blast
- Roost
This should help clear the opposing team of walls, after all Steel-types are gone, to allow Dragonite to more effectively sweep / Haxorus to effectively clean up.

Good luck with the team, hope I helped!
I love the Ideas you have like I said at the top I made this team as a joke to use OUTRAGE and just got lucky after using your ideas I have been having even better matches so thanks.

I think that Kingdra could help this team out a lot. The set i would suggest is the special Rain Dance set. This would give you control over the weather and give you a strong special attacker to work with.

This will help against weather a lot. If you get Rain Dance out, Ninetales, Tyranitar, and Hippowdon are not switching in to get nailed with Surf, even with Tyranitar's extra bulk in the sandstorm, or sun getting rid of your STAB in Ninetales case. Alternitively, you could switch into Politoed, take whatever it does to you, and be ready to sweep immediately.

The main counter to this set is Ferrothorn, but since you have Magnezone with HP Fire, this isn't a huge problem.

The other issue with this set is that your fire moves will have weakened power, but if you can keep Kingdra alive for the five turns, there won't be too much of an issue. Either way, I would keep Kingdra for a late game sweep unless weather becomes an issue.
Kingdra
Modest
Life Orb
252SPAtk, 220Speed, 36 HP
Dragon Pulse (STAB)
Surf(STAB)
Hidden Power Grass (Deals with Jellicent and Gastrodon)
Rain Dance (Speed Boost, 1.5 to Surf, weather remover)

This team could really use a spinner. Without one your only hope would be Haxorus ripping through your opponents team. Dnite and mence could only take so many entries. Partially on your side is scarf mence because who would really expect that, but considering scarfers like Terrakion and Landorus out speed him maybe you should change him to something that resists rocks more. Like Landorus or scarf Terrakion. I like the idea but there is nothing you can do to change stats.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)