Gen 5 Drizzy Drake Rain - A BW OU Rain Team (Peaked #1 - 1690+ ELO)

186.png 637.png 385.png 149.png 445.png 121.png

Hello, you may not know me so let me introduce myself. You may know me as the ladder rat Cow or the guy that spams specs toed or scarf toed on the ladder. I am a UK player who has only been on smogon for a year and has only started being active in the BW Community for about 3 months now. I don't have any accolades to shout about bar the 30-0 challenge and only just recently reaching number one on the BW Ladder. This is the only tier I really play serious(since it is the best tier) and it was about time I finally reached number one. I decided to make this thread as I thought this team was really fun and was the team I used for a majority of my run to number one on the ladder. Without Further ado, lets get into the team.

number one.png
I had climbed higher to 1694 but I did not screenshot it since I didn't really care lol.

186.png

Hotline Bling (Politoed) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Drizzle
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 204 HP / 52 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Encore
When you see Politoed that can only mean one thing. We have a Rain team on our hand. Scarf toed is used here as an agressive switch into set up sweapers such as Dragonite and Thundurus that do not run agility. Scarf Toed can out run a plus one Adamant Dragonite and get off an encore or an ice beam if the Dragonite's multiscale is broken by Stealth Rocks or chip damage prior. Scald over Hydro Pump here is just for 100 percent accuracy (Since missing Hydro Pump Sucks) and also spamming scald with a 30 percent chance to burn is also nice. Toxic on this set is used to hit Jellicent, Gastro, Seismitoed and Rotom on the switch in. This Toed spread runs max speed to outspeed +1 Adamant Dragonite. The HP and SpA are not really specific, just wanted some bulk and a bit of SpA. God's Plan if you will.

637.png

One Dance (Volcarona) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 68 HP / 252 SpA / 188 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA
- Hurricane
- Bug Buzz
- Hidden Power [Water]
- Quiver Dance
The next member of the team is Volcarona. As the name suggest we only need One Dance and the The Streets Not Safe. Volcarona is here as an offencive switch into Pokemon such as Scizor and Ferrothorn and start dancing up. Hidden power water is the Polar Opposite to what Volcarona usually runs. Hidden power water here is used to one shot Landorus, Gliscor, Exadrill and Heatran at plus after One Dance in the rain. Hurricane is a move im still unsure about on this team. It's great when you are landing confusions and completely haxxing your opponents. In hindsight, i think Psychic or even a Fire move in this slot maybe better. Hurricane is good for slamming Amoongus and haxxing Alakazam to keep HP on Volcarona. Hurricane also allows for a one shot on Tornadus at plus one after Stealth Rocks which Psychic does not allow you to do.The EV's on Volcarona are nothing special. 311 Speed just to outspeed opossing Volcarona that decide to go for speed creap over Max Speed and also to outspeed Tentacruel without the boost. And Buzz so big I could prolly sell a blanket disc. So, What's Next.

385.png

5am in Toronto (Jirachi) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Psychic
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
You Underestimated Greatly how good Sub Calm Mind Jirachi really is. It's steel typing makes it an okayish pivot into dragon type attacks, mainly from Latios. Jirachi can come in on Ferrothorn and set up a free Substitute and Calm Mind Over The Top. At plus one, Jirachi can set up Substitute on Tentacruel in Rain and at plus 2 can set up Substitute on Latios] in Rain(Plus one without Rain up). The Speed investment here is to outspeed and set up on Tentacruel as well as to outspeed Landorus. Psychic is used on this set as a good mid ground to hit Thundurus and Gastrodon. Psychic also completely destroys Breloom. Both Toxic Orb and Technician Variants.

149.png

Tootsie Slide (Dragonite) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Waterfall
- Extreme Speed
When you send out Dragonite, You got to Dance, but it's really on some street shit. This is just your bread and butter Dragonite set instead we have Waterfall over Earthquake/Fire Punch. Waterfall here is used as to not waste a turn having to break Heatran Air Balloon while also destroying the common switch in Landorus ,Gliscor, Thundurus and Mamoswine in Rain without having to lock into Outrage. Waterfall is also nice to flinch down the uncommon Quagsire. Dragonite also gives the team some speed control with Dragon Dance and Extreme Speed which is always nice.

445.png

Best I Ever Had (Garchomp) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
Originally, this team did not have Garchomp as the lead. But as I soon found out Garchomp is The Fucking Best as to quote Drizzy himself. Nothing important to talk about here. Just lead chomp, rocks and Sword Dance up. Thats about it.

121.png

Right Hand (Starmie) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Thunder
When I need Hazards removed, this is My Go To. Starmie here is used as a one time switch into to Earthquake and a Rapid Spinner. Not really much to talk about here either. Just Rapid Spin and start clicking moves until you die.

Choice Scarf Keldeo. Choice Scarf Keldeo can outspeed Volcarona and Dragonite at plus one and threaten a one shot on both. Choice Scarf Tornadus Also does the same thing thing. Opposing Starmie can also pose a big threat if they send it out early in the Rain. The two options are speed tieing with your own Starmie or just putting it into Extreme Speed Range. Blissey and Chansey are equally quite annoying but do these Pokemon really exsit on ladder?

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen5ou-2047037166?p2 - Here is just one replay to demonstrate how the team functions.

Last edited:

dawn to the dusk

during the tough day
is a Contributor to Smogon
what a nice one,u ve tried volcar、dragonite in rain which most like a core in HO,and this gonna be too weak the opp‘s starmie,how about jirachi to ferrth so that u can got a not that bad mu with starmie,keep doing and haapy to see u active in bw!

what a nice one,u ve tried volcar、dragonite in rain which most like a core in HO,and this gonna be too weak the opp‘s starmie,how about jirachi to ferrth so that u can got a not that bad mu with starmie,keep doing and haapy to see u active in bw!
thank you for the feedback, the idea of the team was basically cm rachi and rain volc and to go from there. as you said opp starmie is a bit of an issue but i would much rather go all in on offence then dump momentum into ferrothorn. I will consider this though thank you!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)