drugs thread

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Recently I've been really interested in trying DMT, but I have a few reservations with it. So that people can give better answers, I'll give my background drug use. I'm pretty experienced with drugs and semi-regularly (a couple times a month) use MDMA, ket, and coke. I use acid or shrooms at least once every 4 or 5 months because, though I haven't had suicidal ideation since I first tripped a few years ago -- it stopped literally the day after the trip -- if I don't top up with another trip after that length of time I feel my depression and anxiety starting to creep back. I usually use it recreationally before 4 or 5 months since my last trip anyway, though. Obviously weed and drink as well much more frequently. Beyond the staples, however, I haven't done many. I've done 2cb but hate being on it and being with people who are on it, accidentally bought a bottle of spice vape juice, and over a festival smoked quite a few calvin klein (coke & ket) roll-up cigarettes which is meant to simulate crack but the effects were pretty weak. I also enjoy mixing drugs a lot -- candyflipping (MDMA & acid) is pretty much my go-to drugs night on a budget since I can get a pill and 2 tabs for £5 each, but I've had plenty of nights where I've mixed MDMA, ket, coke, shrooms, drink, and weed all together. Basically, the tl;dr is I don't care about the intensity of the drug experience I'm adept at handling & enjoying the effects of drugs even if it gets intense.

DMT is pretty much the next logical progression for me to try, and I'm interested in reducing my drug use greatly when I go to university this October so the next few months may be the last opportunity I give myself to try it. The issue I have is I've done a lot of personal development and building up of myself over the last few years and overall in the last year I can say for the first time in my life that I'm actually happy with who I am. There's a lot of news stories and reddit accounts about how DMT has changed people's worldviews and personalities and, though these accounts are usually positive, it worries me a little because it would be hard for me to have a negative personality change and it would be undoing a lot of hard work I've put in. However, it seems like a lot of the time, these accounts come from people who prior to DMT have only used alcohol and weed, so I wonder if the personality shifts are due to people using hard drugs for the first time as a whole, as opposed to DMT specifically.

My question basically is has anyone experienced or had friends experience personality changes after using DMT, and what were the nature of those changes? I'm also really interested in what people's experiences on DMT were like. For over a year I haven't tried a new drug and, not only does DMT sound up my street since I enjoy tripping a lot, but I'm at the stage where after using hard drugs for a few years I'm valuing the experiences that they provide less and less and there's a strong likelihood that within the next year I'll reduce my drug use to exclusively alcohol, weed, and trippers, at least for a while. DMT would be an awesome last dance to my hard drug use, but if it will have negative long-term implications I'd rather just give it a miss.

Finally, since I'd do it socially and the main friend group I use drugs with are stoned or drunk more often than not, how does mixing DMT with weed or alcohol change the trip? Should mixing it with one or the other be avoided wholly, waiting for afterwards? Does smoking weed after the main effects of DMT trip are gone give a second life to the trip, like it does with acid and shrooms?

Last edited:
Reactions: zf

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Celever my experiences are as follows: extensive (EXTENSIVE) acid use, extensive molly use, light coke use, light dmt use and the basics (alcohol nicotine weed).

I smoked DMT by packing it into my friends' bowl. The only times I've had a DMT trip were when it was jointly with weed. Don't believe I've ever had alcohol with it as I wasn't really a drinker when I did DMT.

My thoughts are that the psychedelic experience is just that. I'm sure you, like many other people myself included, remember their first psychedelic experience (whether it was acid, shrooms, w/e). For me a lot of my use was trying to chase that same feeling and specifically the radical personality shifts that I felt. Until I eventually reconciled with my ego and used trips with specific purposes in mind, where they became much more hyperfocused on aspects of my personality. I don't think that your personality would change drastically if you already have extensive experience with psychedelics. The experiences are mostly spiritually oriented so it might alter your perception of the world on a metaphysical level depending on your current stances.

I thikn your question raises questions itself though. What negative personality changes do you fear? From my own experience, it was helpful to confront the things that piss me off or I was fearful of, as they were linked intrinsically to my own personality, and this helped me understand myself more.

As far as I know DMT is not enhanced in the same way with weed like acid is. DMT will last you about 15 minutes or so and I don't believe smoking after will cause you to trip a second time. I also don't thinkt hat based on your history you will experience radical personality changes, though I would refrain from classifying them as negative or positive. I have only partook a couple times though.

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
Tried acid with some friends 2 weekends back. Not sure what I was expecting but it was kind of underwhelming and mostly just incredibly exhausting. If I were to ever do it again I’d definitely have to start in the morning compared to mid afternoon, but honestly I just think I just don’t want to be tripping for more than like 8 hours (and I cannot sleep through it). I’ll probably just stick to a bit of alcohol and weed on the weekends for a while, though. Shit made me treasure my sober mind state lol

Celever

i am town
Celever my experiences are as follows: extensive (EXTENSIVE) acid use, extensive molly use, light coke use, light dmt use and the basics (alcohol nicotine weed).

I smoked DMT by packing it into my friends' bowl. The only times I've had a DMT trip were when it was jointly with weed. Don't believe I've ever had alcohol with it as I wasn't really a drinker when I did DMT.

My thoughts are that the psychedelic experience is just that. I'm sure you, like many other people myself included, remember their first psychedelic experience (whether it was acid, shrooms, w/e). For me a lot of my use was trying to chase that same feeling and specifically the radical personality shifts that I felt. Until I eventually reconciled with my ego and used trips with specific purposes in mind, where they became much more hyperfocused on aspects of my personality. I don't think that your personality would change drastically if you already have extensive experience with psychedelics. The experiences are mostly spiritually oriented so it might alter your perception of the world on a metaphysical level depending on your current stances.

I thikn your question raises questions itself though. What negative personality changes do you fear? From my own experience, it was helpful to confront the things that piss me off or I was fearful of, as they were linked intrinsically to my own personality, and this helped me understand myself more.

As far as I know DMT is not enhanced in the same way with weed like acid is. DMT will last you about 15 minutes or so and I don't believe smoking after will cause you to trip a second time. I also don't thinkt hat based on your history you will experience radical personality changes, though I would refrain from classifying them as negative or positive. I have only partook a couple times though.
Thanks for your response, you pretty much put my mind to rest about it and put it into perspective. I think I was concerned about discovering new negative personality traits that I already have and then internalising them consciously but you’re right that that’s a positive thing as a whole because they can then be worked on afterwards. My fear probably came from how drastic a shift my brother had after he tried DMT because he went from being a pretty nasty person to a pretty good one within the space of a couple of weeks, but I think you’re right that that derived from spiritual adjustments he had from the experience more than anything else, and he said similar things himself.

I may try going into it with a mindset of wanting to explore surroundings and the external more than myself and if introspection happens as a by-product I’ll accept that it’s probably a good thing anyway. Kind of a compromise of my hesitations and your advice but I’m good with it.
Tried acid with some friends 2 weekends back. Not sure what I was expecting but it was kind of underwhelming and mostly just incredibly exhausting. If I were to ever do it again I’d definitely have to start in the morning compared to mid afternoon, but honestly I just think I just don’t want to be tripping for more than like 8 hours (and I cannot sleep through it). I’ll probably just stick to a bit of alcohol and weed on the weekends for a while, though. Shit made me treasure my sober mind state lol
I don’t know your opinions on other drugs and on mixing drugs, but doing acid by itself is for me basically only a good time if you just want to really enjoy doing nothing and being chilled for a few hours. If you want to see what acid is like while doing other stuff, I recommend mixing it with MDMA. It intensifies the trip a lot so be careful with it, but it also gives you more energy than acid takes away so you still want to go out and do stuff. I can also sleep on the comedown from MDMA even if I’m still tripping on acid so that could be good for you, but I know a few people who still can’t sleep regardless.

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Try shrooms instead. Shrooms trips last between 3 and 6 hours from my experience whereas acid is more from 8 to 10. Many people say shrooms is much more laid back too and less intense, a more "natural" trip.
Edit: try shrooms instead if you felt underwhelmed and wanted a different experience to suit your mindset. Dont if you dont really care

Honestly I much prefer acid haha. Especially so because I like to be outside when I'm tripping, so being out in the sun with people walking around is too anxiety inducing. My best acid trips were when it was rainy gloomy and dark outside, and from 8 pm at night to 7 in the morning, but maybe that was just me. My worst trips have all been from around noon to night. You definitely feel the exhaustion though from the nightowl style of tripping but it was a period in my life where I could afford to not care.

when i quit this site i basically became completely fascinated with drugs and tried to do as much as i could to better understand myself. ive done some pretty heroic doses at music festivals (which is an A+ experience; a few months ago i took handfuls of two different types of mushrooms, 2 lines of ketamine, and 7 tabs of acid along with carrying a small bag of sass and your standard wax/pens throughout the day (i was a big fan of the smartcarts which i believe were a continuation of a discontinued cart sold around the east coast. i stopped using carts so no clue if you can still get them but they were the best carts i ever used); an unreal saturday that still has me evaluating my entire world and reality, and got me into a short very religious phase).

things i really like: molly weed mushrooms dxm acid
things im indifferent to: coke ketamine whippits (actually i hated the whippit)

but the one thing that has escaped me is dmt. i actually had a chance to use a dmt pen a month ago but my friend somehow broke the pen - he took what he could and put it into a one hitter but i couldnt get the dang thing to light somehow and i just started realizing these were signs that it wasnt the time for me to cross that line yet so i ended up just hitting the hay. but i think its time ;-)

so the one thing i really suggest for anyone, experienced or not, is to every now and then, lose your sense of self-moderation. let everything go and just be bold, taking a heroic dose and mixing what you want without thinking of "is this too much"; it will translate to your everyday life and you'll be a lot better at just letting things go whether its personal belongings, your own negativity towards others, etc. even if this seems like a negative to our lives, i think this is very important for when we eventually die; we dont know the other side but even if we think we accept death, we really don't accept it; think about it, if you felt you had a "death experience" (im sure some of you know what im talking about), but you were still here kicking, you'd probably just keep living...you wouldn't lie down in a hole and just say well im pretty sure i died so time to move on. and it's because we create importance out of our existing. so if the time comes when we really do need to let things go including our existing, it might not be in our interest to be so attached to it.

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
Try shrooms instead. Shrooms trips last between 3 and 6 hours from my experience whereas acid is more from 8 to 10. Many people say shrooms is much more laid back too and less intense, a more "natural" trip.
Edit: try shrooms instead if you felt underwhelmed and wanted a different experience to suit your mindset. Dont if you dont really care

Honestly I much prefer acid haha. Especially so because I like to be outside when I'm tripping, so being out in the sun with people walking around is too anxiety inducing. My best acid trips were when it was rainy gloomy and dark outside, and from 8 pm at night to 7 in the morning, but maybe that was just me. My worst trips have all been from around noon to night. You definitely feel the exhaustion though from the nightowl style of tripping but it was a period in my life where I could afford to not care.
Yeah, shrooms is something I’m still very open to trying sometime- Acid did feel very unnatural and just left me feeling pretty gross (altho that might have just be the natural outcome of not sleeping for 30ish hours). The sheer length of the trip was also a big turn off, I don’t really want to lose control for that long. 6 hours or so sounds much more like what I’d want. I also know a few other friends who would like to do shrooms who aren’t otherwise open to other drugs (personally I draw the line at psychedelics, I don’t want to fuck with the addictive shit) too, so I know I’ll eventually find myself in a position where I have access to them.
Also for the record my trip lasted from around 6 PM to 8 AM and the last 5 hours or so of it were just terrible. Before then it was pretty decent, time was passing hella slowly and I was just watching movies with friends and stuff, watching inception kind of freaked me out and at one point a few cuts randomly appeared on my body but it was all in good fun.

i mainly stick to just weed and beer, ive dabbled in pills for fun here and there (rarely) but ive seen everything else (to be fair, alcohol too) take such a bad turn for everyone else (brother had a search warrant executed on our home few years back for his dabblings). just dont seem worth it
i've never really wanted to do anything else outside of maybe acid & shrooms (more so shrooms than acid - had plans to numerous times with shrooms and each time either dude didnt come through or the friend getting it fell out with another friend going in with everyone tripping together etc).
with my dad passing i wanna cut the alcohol down to out (maybe just be a casual here or there tip on back with friends at most guy ideally), but thats a test ill be taking on going forward.
as basic as it may be, i'm fairly set with just weed - it helps with my head shit and i dont really need to "trip" anymore [- though i still holdout for one real well timed shroom trip again]. ive gotten to a point where everything else kinda makes me feel like "tf you doing man? you got too many priorities" lol

BP

Upper Decky Lip Mints
is a Contributor to Smogon
I really really want to try shrooms. Specifically for the spiritual aspect of it but I'm like terrified that something might go wrong.

I really really want to try shrooms. Specifically for the spiritual aspect of it but I'm like terrified that something might go wrong.
i've always wanted to try but been around people on and been told by people who are more familiar with it some of the key things is (Especially if you're new) do it somewhere away from people, have someone cool/use to it but not tripping as almost an advisor to keep you/whomever is cool, and most importantly - dont go in with any really negative thoughts cus a bad trip will grab you and fuck your shit up. I've seen both sides; one of the reasons that despite I've wanted to I haven't jumped into anything but "ideal (to me)" potential situations - that sadly just hadn't panned out.

i <3 molly

stay safe n test your shit folks =)

edit: shooms can be amazing, definitely recommend for the adventurous and introspective. just be prepped to potentially confront strange or uncomfortable ideas. a familiar/comfy setting and a willingness to go-with-what-happens create the best odds for a good outcome, in my experience. trust the mushies :heart:

Last edited:
So I've been gone from the forums for 4 years and I've tried some new drugs!!!

Molly - overrated imo, just kept me up all night and had me grinding my teeth like crazy, 3/10

Coke - was weary of trying it bc I have friends that are addicted, so I just rubbed it on my gums the first few times. felt absolutely nothing but the last time, I snorted it, and I swear I was on top of the world. I was chatting up every girl at the bar and even got one to come home with me, but alas, i got coke dick. haven't tried it since, but i can see why it's so addicting 7/10

Acid - i've tripped 4 times. the first one was pretty cathartic but i got sketched out when my friends left (auditory hallucinations, ended up breaking down crying lol) but every time i've tried it since has been pristine. 8/10

Adderall - pretty similar to coke honestly, but without the euphoria. good to use if you need a few productive hours but I haven't felt the urge to touch it in years (even though I'm in college) 5/10

I'm looking to try shrooms and DMT but I'm a little intimidated by the whole 'out-of-body' aspect of DMT. I think i'll have to keep dabbling with psychedelics before I get to that point. Heroin & Fentanyl are on my never-try list.

I've also developed a pretty wild nicotine addiction over the last few years, but I'm not smoking cigarettes anymore. Zyn Nicotine Pouches, people, they're amazing.

my top 3 drugz: 1. the mf ganj 2. nicotine 3. 'cid
---
My main reason for posting is that I'm going to be dropping acid with a buddy this weekend. It'll be our first times doing it in a forest, so does anyone have any tips for not getting lost while we're out there? Lol

I just had to quit nicotine lol :( Was using Velo after dropping vaping and smoking. Both glad and sad to be free of it.

I'm Guilty of consuming large doses of caffeine particularly from Red Bull. Trying to switch to some natural juice as a healthier alternative.

Hello all, I'm new here. I do not normally post in forums but I had an experience that was way too crazy to keep to myself and I thought that I would share it here and hopes of some feedback or thoughts..

So I've been extracting my own DeeMmmmTea from the MHRB and this being my third time from a different source, i finally found a high quality source. I wanted to take things a step further this time by introducing some passionflower extract to my product, which after experimenting around with the DMT, i decided the raw was way too harsh for me, so I've been making some highly potent vape cartridges that contain only DMT and PG (propylene glycol) it is so much smoother and all around easier to use. So i, after doing some research, decided to obtain the passion flower extra, being as that it is supposed to be an MAOI i was under the impression that adding the (I'll call it PF) PF extract into a the vape cartridges with the DMT would give me a lengthier trip, kind of like ayahuasca but I'm smoking form. Tonight, i went to try it for the first time and i laid here with my jaw hanging! Much to my surprise, it did not lengthen the trip, it actually caused everything to fast forward, i mean the TV, my body movements, shifting of eyes, my thoughts, my trip, everything! In addition, it was over in like 3 minutes of what was a very potent hit... Does anyone have any thoughts on this? In addition to that, I'm not sure if it's because i take suboxone and last night i tried taking the PF extract orally and it made me feel sick, almost like the beginning stages of an opiate withdrawal, it was very uncomfortable! So yes, I'm very shocked with the results. Does anyone have a similar experience? Or any pros out there who can tell me what i did wrong? Thanks in advance!

Peace and love

-Tylai_

i personally have never done much beyond weed and beer, but it seems drugs has had a stronghold on those around my life for quite some time.
Without getting too into details to be sensitive to them, I woke up the other day and my friend's sister was found dead on the side of the road near a gas station after being parked there for at least 2 days... i fear for my friend and his feelings, as well as my little brother (from another angle - his best friend) whom both have struggled with those demons, close with the sister as well. its looking like a classic OD case but all bases need to be covered... either way my heart breaks.

i hope they/we and others can be the strength needed but i can only imagine that toll on a human soul.

Last edited:

Wigglytuff

mad @ redacted in redacted
is a Tiering Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
covid had me and my friend(s) outside for pretty much the entirety of the summer last year. we did a lot of hiking and my friend, who's way more into drugs than i am, advised me to take a small dose of shrooms and see how i felt.

i don't really know how to describe this into words, but it felt like turning the graphics setting up to ultra. so many more details that i was either hallucinating or just missed while sober popped out to me. there's a part of the cliff where people draw with chalk and allegedly i spent an hour trying to decode the message behind the cave paintings (see image below)

granted, one time my friend took too much and started running around and screaming about the vietnam war in a fairly populated area of the park and caused extreme second hand embarrassment, so exercise moderation. but otherwise, this was a really fun part of an otherwise awful summer that i look forward to repeating in a couple months when summer rolls around again

Oh HELL we talking drugs?
When I was entering highschool I was in a weird spot and had some rougherrish friends, so of course we would like smoke weed and drink but one night we all snuck out to buy weed from this guy that lived 15 minutes away walking according to one of my friends, an hour and a half later we realize it might be farther than she thought but it is too far to walk back now, so we keep walking and arrive at this guys house 5 hours later, and he has no weed for us, but he dumps out what we thought was molly onto the back of his phone case and I snorted it. It was starting to become morning so we walked an hour back and called my mom to come pick me up saying we went for an "early morning walk." turns out, he told me later, it was coke
Fortunately that was the only time I ever did it and have no intention of doing it again

Peary

Drip Haver
87 Days clean from Heroin, Fentanyl, Xans, Meth, Molly, Coke, Alcohol, etc. Today... Hanging in there
I understand attempting harm reduction and wanting to try things, just please keep in mind there is always the risk of addiction. Try to be as safe as possible
Much Love :heart:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)