DSi. What do you think?

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
heh, I am posting this from the DSi I just got. I like it so far, I really hope that there will be a VC for gameboy games.

...is not supported by the DSi. The only supported format is AAC. That being said, you can easily get a flashcard that allows your DSi to play back MP3 files (as well as OGG), but you could do the same thing with a lite or phat, which might even be easier considering that the DSi is compatible with fewer flashcards.

I just got mine today and am on the Nintendo Dsi`s browser right now. I really suggest getting it. The browser is quite fast. The camera is also way better than it looks on T.V!

Would just like to point out that the AR doesn't work with the DSi

Also, the Soft Plastic of the DSi is very nice, it feels much better than the Lite

I'm happy with my old school DS (a red and silver one as well). Yes, I have one of the big ones, and I have some "battery enhancement" device made by Datel (the company that makes Action Replays) that somehow works, which makes my already-big DS even fatter. However, it still works great, and I have no plans on replacing it anytime soon. Even if it DID break, I think I would get the DS Lite instead of the DS Lite, as I still play my GBA games, I have an AR for it, and it's $50 cheaper than getting a DSi. Plus it comes in red and black. :P

Would just like to point out that the AR doesn't work with the DSi

Also, the Soft Plastic of the DSi is very nice, it feels much better than the Lite
Oh yes. The matte coating feels nice, and it doesn't smudge. The buttons (Remind me of M&M's firstly) feel nice when being clicked, as does the D-pad which is a lot better than my classic DS's.

Come on Drill Dozer and Decode! Hurry up and get translated!

My ds is pretty badly scraped since I've had it for so long. My touch screen is all wrong ,the top screen is almost half hanging off and it has several surface marks. The downloading games seems great and taking photos and editing them seems like a good idea. I can always use my old ds for the GBA slot. I've been planning on getting a lite for a while now but I think I'll get this come christmas time.

i bought one and i regret it. im sure everyone here has listed the reasons why already. bottom line is if you already own a ds lite then there isn't a reason to buy this.

I don't regret buying mine, and I had a Black DS Lite in perfect condition. The new store, bigger screens, and matte finish are what sold it for me.

That being said, I wouldn't exactly recommend buying one if you already have a DS Lite. Especially now that the $70 trade-in for your old Lite at Gamestop deal is gone.

Fail

No GBA slot

Wicked Expensive

The only pros are that it has an SD slot, which means someone is going to find a way to hack it big time. I might get one for the home brew when I have some money.

To tell the truth I was pissed as hell when nintendo announced that thing, I mean, basically we, old DS users, are now screwed because of that fking 4x ram the NDSi has. Now we´ll see a bunch of DSi exclusive games, downloadable games and games with extra features. The only good thing is that the R4 development team managed to hack it quite quickly, so AR will still be compatible with it. But I´ll keep my old NDS brick, I just love it

I honestly think that creating a new platform with exclusive games that is 90% the same thing as the previous platform is a really bad move (think if the PS2 slim or 160GB PS3 had new exclusive games). Despite that, I'll probably be getting one anyways since my DS lite is mostly busted and if I'm going to be investing $130+ I'd rather get the latest system since there may be exclusive (or enhanced) games coming out for it that I want.

Besides stuff like Pal Park the lack of a GBA slot is a very small downside, you can get a GBA or SP incredibly cheap these days anyways.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)