Dwebble has Skill Link?

Hey Guys. I have been playing a lot of LC lately and throughout the week I have put together a team that has been working well for me. it stars 2 shell smash users and a surprisingly powerful water type you don't see very often in LC.

Dwebble w/ Oran berry
Adamant(-Satk +Atk)
Sturdy
Ev: 36 HP 236 Atk 236 Spe

Moves: Night slash, rock blast, substitute, shell smash

This dwebble is an all out amazing poke, i lead with him 75% of the time. The reason Night Slash>X-scissor is that you can take out ghost types as well as psychics. When the opponent switches out to frillish, they get a nasty surprise when it gets OHKOD. Rock blast> Stone edge because of the greater crit chance, better accuracy, and sub breaking qualities. I use substitute on the set so if he is unboosted and i expect a will-o-wisp or twave i can get a free shell smash or 2 on the switch. Some people also think that it might be setting up hazards which is a plus.

Shellder w/eviolite
Adamant(-Satk +Atk)
Skill Link
Ev: 36 HP 236 Atk 236 Spe
Moves: Rock Blast, Ice shard, Icicle spear, Shell Smash

Shellder with eviolite can take any non electric move with ease. The strategy with this poke is when dwebble dies probably from a mienfoo or croagunk(if frillish is gone) i put this in, shell smash up, absorbing that Hi-Jump-Kick with relative ease and proceed to destroy the other team with skill linked moves. Bronzor is one of the only pokes that wall this, and that is the reason i use my corphish.

Elekid w/ Choice Specs(Replaced Corphish)
Timid(-Atk +Spe)
Vital Spirit
Ev:252 Satk 236 Spe
Moves:Thunderbolt, Volt Switch, Psychic, HP Grass

I am very sorry to let corphish go but it kept getting Koed by the weakest of pokes. This elekid has brought me many a victory with its outstanding coverage. You may think, "Diglett can trap and KO you on a thunderbolt!!!" but that is what HP grass is for. Wait for the OBVIOUS diglett switch and ohko that little mole. It handles most every poke in the tier with a least a 2hko, and thats what volt switching is for.
Natu w/ eviolite(Replaced Lileep)
[/B][/B]Timid (-Atk +Spe)
Magic Bounce
Ev: 76 Def 236 Spdef 196 Spe
Moves: Featherdance, U-Turn, Psychic, Roost

(Credit to testing with Trakyan)This pokemon is a great, great thing to have in LC. Being able to destroy any sucker puncher's attempt to sweep with a featherdance, and returning hazards and statuses to enemies it is invaluable to the team.

Frillish w/ Eviolite
Calm (-Atk +Sdef)
Cursed Body
Ev: 236 Hp 236 Sdef 36 Spe
Moves: energy ball, hydro pump, will-o-wisp, recover

Evs are pretty standard, and cursed body>water absorb because it does like 1-3 hp on it coming from anything, and cursed body lets my stall out opposing staryu with recover and then energy ball it for 50%. A frillish is not complete without its Will-o-Wisp to cripple its enemies and hydro pump is for raw stab damage. Main Counter is lileep but a shellder or abra switch in scares it out

Abra w/ choice scarf
(Timid (-Atk +Spe)
Magic Guard
Ev: 236 Satk 72 Sdef 200 Spe
Moves: energy ball, shadow ball,psychic, HP fighting

After experimenting with duskull, sub abra, and gastly, I decided that a choice scarf would work best after getting demolished by an opposing scarfed abra. the opponent usually switches in mid-game after koing one of my shell smash users to try and put a hurt on my team. Now i switch in my own abra and hit it with a shadow ball for the easy Ko, simple as that. Hp fighting is for lileep, ferroseed, and other pokes that annoy my team. Psychic is for stab, while energy ball is used to take out staryu and less bulky water types.

Thanks for reading my RMT i will consider all opinions, and if anyone could tell me how to put up pictures that would be greatly appreciated.

hey i will probally give you a better rate later but it caught my eye that you were using Corphish i am using Corphish on my team and as you can tell by my signature i am a huge Corphish fan trust me the Corphish set you want is this

Corphish
Ability: Adaptability
Nature: Jolly
Evs: 172 Hp/ 76 Def/ 156 Spd/ 76 spe
Moves:
-Dragon Dance
-Waterfall
-Brick Break
-Return/Crunch

This Corphish set is awesome with evollite boasts defensive stats of 23/21/18 and can easily pull off two dragon dances getting its offensvie stats to 33 atk and 24 spe
the last move is just for personal preference ifyou go for return frillish walls you but if you go for Crunch Croagunk walls you. just a fun little fact Corphish +2 waterfall does i believe 18-22 damage on max defense Duskull and with evolite yay for Corphish

And Bro whats with the title it makes no sense!

you team seems to have quite a big chinchou weakness as well as he can hit all but abra and lileep for super effective damage. you dont really need suctoin cups on Lileep as there are not much phazers so i suggest storm drain when you get hit by a water move your speical attack increases then your giga drain becomes threatening to water types keepin them away and will heal larger number of hp each turn

tittle is a bit... weird...
as for the team its pretty solid, two shell smashers isnt exactly to my taste (neither is one i guess since i dont opt for set up in LC for the most part) but you seem to lack priority on your team and a non STAB priority which is all you have(ice shard on sheler) wont be doing much without a boost, taunt also shuts down most of your team. and just a suggestion, put sub>brick break on corphish. You loose that extra coverage but get alot more DD's trust me since sub blocks those nasty WoW from frillish and the likes or from scald so you could EV it so scald wont break its subs and get even more DD's since waterfall+crunch is enough coverage if you ask me, even pokes with a resist it wont be taking that watefall since unless its x4 resist adaptability makes it like a neutral waterfall. Croagunk with dry skin would be a problem since it resists crunch but it wont like taking it boosted(you could always add a diglet...)

your team also looks like it loaths status so perhaps a cleric or status absorber?

as a main threat for this team i think a bulky ghost being able to hit your whole team neutrally or super effectively, something like duskull cripples corphish and shelder and hinders lileeps walling capability, duskull also beats frillish 1-1 and often comes out at relatively high health while 2HKOing abra with priority shadow sneak and im pretty sure OHKO with shadow ball. Nice touch adding sub on dweeble, im not sure the common leads nowdays but perhaps protect on shelder and dweeble? Fake out tends to damage shell smashers

tittle is a bit... weird...
as for the team its pretty solid, two shell smashers isnt exactly to my taste (neither is one i guess since i dont opt for set up in LC for the most part) but you seem to lack priority on your team and a non STAB priority which is all you have(ice shard on sheler) wont be doing much without a boost, taunt also shuts down most of your team. and just a suggestion, put sub>brick break on corphish. You loose that extra coverage but get alot more DD's trust me since sub blocks those nasty WoW from frillish and the likes or from scald so you could EV it so scald wont break its subs and get even more DD's since waterfall+crunch is enough coverage if you ask me, even pokes with a resist it wont be taking that watefall since unless its x4 resist adaptability makes it like a neutral waterfall. Croagunk with dry skin would be a problem since it resists crunch but it wont like taking it boosted(you could always add a diglet...)

your team also looks like it loaths status so perhaps a cleric or status absorber?

as a main threat for this team i think a bulky ghost being able to hit your whole team neutrally or super effectively, something like duskull cripples corphish and shelder and hinders lileeps walling capability, duskull also beats frillish 1-1 and often comes out at relatively high health while 2HKOing abra with priority shadow sneak and im pretty sure OHKO with shadow ball. Nice touch adding sub on dweeble, im not sure the common leads nowdays but perhaps protect on shelder and dweeble? Fake out tends to damage shell smashers
I have seen what you have said after testing my team against a friend's croagunk. Thank you for your input, also the title is that because everyone says that when rock blast hits 5 times, i meant skill link, lol

hey if you go to edit your thread then you go to advance optoins you can change your team name! also it helps if you edit your sets as your going along so you can keep getting people to rate this thread.

Hey it is a shame you let Corphish go :( but anyway your team is looking alot better now but i do have on more suggestoin change hiddden power grass to Ice on Elekid to get the legendary Boltbeam like coverage. you can still super effectivly hit diglett as well as Grass types that would other wise wall you quite easily and dragons other then that your team looks great and maybe when my PO starts working again we will have a few matches.

Hey it is a shame you let Corphish go :( but anyway your team is looking alot better now but i do have on more suggestoin change hiddden power grass to Ice on Elekid to get the legendary Boltbeam like coverage. you can still super effectivly hit diglett as well as Grass types that would other wise wall you quite easily and dragons other then that your team looks great and maybe when my PO starts working again we will have a few matches.
Then the ever-present chinchou would eat me up.

Hmm, how about giving elekid static? Vital spirit is much more situational while you get a nifty 30% paralysis rate with static, like body slam except your oponent does the work for you.

By the way as to super power dude, HP ice provides rather redundant coverage in this meta, it hits dragons and murkrow(occasional natu) that HP grass doesnt while the latter two wouldnt be infront of an elekid anyway and thats it while HP grass hits chinchou and staryu and drillbur and hippopatos and what not else, mainly chinchou and drillbur and hippo.

As a suggestion for your team specifically and your specific natus set try HP [flying] over psychic as common sucker punchers are dark typed and dark types would love switching into you while scraggy who gets trolled by feather dance will then want to rip its little pants off as its beaten down by HP [flying] while in vain trying to boost infront of its 'set up fodder'

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)