E3 2015 - leaks, hype, thoughts, broken dreams all itt

Stratos

Banned deucer.
>people mad that nintendo doesnt plan to sell them the same subpar jrpg in a reskin again next year

Im glad there was no new Pokemon announced. I'm also really excited for Star Fox Zero; I didn't think the graphics were subpar at all, because star fox and bright large polygons just works. I'm also really looking forward to FE: Fates, Paper Jam (fuck you tennisace i'll never get bored of M&L), and Xenoblade Chronicles X. The only game that really disappointed me was Federation Force. If it isn't an exploration game, IT'S NOT FUCKING METROID. It's just a forgettable shooter with dumb looking multiplayer, which I'm ok with, but then slapping on the name "Metroid" makes it an insult.

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
im SO mad that pipboy fallout 4 is sold out everywhere. it's the worst. I just wanted to wait til Friday when I got my next paycheck but NO, the government-subsidized neets and financially secure nerds have dashed my ambitions

I am perfectly alright with not having a main series Pokemon RPG this year since we've gone 6 years now with yearly releases, but I'm pretty surprised there was no Pokemon coverage at all this E3. Pokken is due to be out in Japanese Arcades at least by the end of the year and they could easily be generating Smash Bros tier hype over character inclusions speculation. Instead they're just kind of letting it sit there with barely any announcements or development... I understand that working with TPCi and Namco muddies the channels for releasing this info, but their coverage of it so far has been outstandingly poor.

It's become overwhelmingly clear that SMTxFE was never a crossover to begin with, and NoA's mistake in marketing it as one is probably hurting them now.

The game looks fine though, good gameplay if you can stomach the anime aesthetic and jpop stuff.

Last edited:

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
maybe they didn't want pokemon stuff drawing attention away from youkai watch

as for smt x fe, i'm sure the game was just meant to evoke the aesthetics of both, but people got their hopes up expecting crossovers on the levels of persona q, still with the trailers showing absolutely no combat footage the game is looking more like a rhythm game than p4: dancing all night, which will be interesting to say the least

Gameplay was shown on the treehouse earlier today. It's most similar to Persona with some more depth (actual dungeon puzzles etc) and some musical elements tacked on. I think the game looks good (and it's being developed by an Atlus dream team with guys from Nocturne and Devil Survivor), but it's getting backlash because for years all people knew about it was a trailer showing nothing but stills of old SMT and FE protagonists with the SMTxFE title.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
Gameplay was shown on the treehouse earlier today. It's most similar to Persona with some more depth (actual dungeon puzzles etc) and some musical elements tacked on. I think the game looks good (and it's being developed by an Atlus dream team with guys from Nocturne and Devil Survivor), but it's getting backlash because for years all people knew about it was a trailer showing nothing but stills of old SMT and FE protagonists with the SMTxFE title.
Is it just me who's actually happier that we got what we did than what we thought we'd be getting? Persona (3 and 4 in particular) is like the one series I most want to play but am restricted from due to my lack of non-Nintendo consoles. I was nearly jumping around and screaming in excitement that I'd be finally getting a Persona game on a Nintendo. The world looked utterly captivating, and I can't wait.

I won't be able until the weekend to actually watch the direct, but from what I gathered anything that was shown was already known by everybody bar Animal Crossing.
And it is a shame, because Nintendo does have great games coming out THIS YEAR and they didn't talk about them in their direct like Devil's third.

The Youtube Doctre81, which is considered one of the biggest defenders of Nintendo, even thought that the direct was pretty underwhelming and I hope Nintendo takes his suggestions into consideration and make an apology direct next month and actually talk about business.

Also, I am glad there is not another MAIN Pokèmon game was announced since I don't feel the need to pay ~40 Euro every 1-2 years.

Yeah, watching the gameplay trailer FE# is 100% Persona, just with redesigned FE characters instead of Personae and a focus on jpop. Persona games have been great if you like that sort of stuff though so that's certainly not a bad thing. The Fire Emblem parts aside from Chrom and co seem super token though despite the fact that FE remains in the title, they mentioned weapon triangle but Persona 3 and Q basically already had Swords/Lances/Axes in the form of Slash/Pierce/Blunt damage, so that's not particularly new either.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
I'm just pissed they spent over 8 minutes on talking about fucking Skylanders

why have they not figured out that the amiibo is a pipedream that leads to no where?

I thought I couldn't get more disappointed after the direct, but appearently Iwata didn't apologied for the direct...thx for correcting, Reggie *disappointed*

Source: http://www.polygon.com/2015/6/18/88...idnt-apologize-for-nintendos-e3-we-make-great

Another thing, I find it hilarious that some fans got so butthurt that they make a petition to cancel the Metroid game. I mean, yes, it is a huge disappointment but do people really need to go this far?
I feel the petition might have the opposite effect on Nintendo meaning they won't even consider releasing any Metroid game in the future at all.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Horizon: Zero Dawn is amazing despite the extremely generic and terrible name. FF7, Shenmue 3, and TLG all took me by surprise lol, kinda lost my shit at the FF7 remake announcement despite not liking FF that much. It's still part of my childhood though, and I plan on getting it cuz I never played it properly.

Firewatch looked interesting. No Man's Sky still looks as breathtaking as ever, still no idea what's going on in the game though lol

Sad there was no legit Dark Souls 3 announcements, but I'll live. The fact that it's directed by Miyazaki is good enough for me.

Everything else in E3 was irrelevant for me. Nintendo sucked complete rotten ass while Sony and M$ dominated everything. PS4 is looking extremely solid right now, no reason for me not to buy it atm.

also relevant:

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
Well the WiiU is underwhelming (and soon to be relegated as "Dorm Smash system" and "gift for my 10yo") and the 3DS is nearing the end of it's lifespan with the new handheld due next year, so I'm not surprised at the underwhelming show at E3 this year. They're simply keeping their cards close to their chest atm. The puppets were really good though. I loved the presentation in general. I bet the next pokemon is being saved as flagship for the new system - that'll be dope af.

Well the WiiU is underwhelming (and soon to be relegated as "Dorm Smash system" and "gift for my 10yo") and the 3DS is nearing the end of it's lifespan with the new handheld due next year, so I'm not surprised at the underwhelming show at E3 this year. They're simply keeping their cards close to their chest atm. The puppets were really good though. I loved the presentation in general. I bet the next pokemon is being saved as flagship for the new system - that'll be dope af.
This was my issue with the presentation. Everyone knows that the NX is probably coming out next year (and if it's not, any major game aside from Zelda U will probably be developed for NX) so the next twelve months will basically be it for the Wii U, a console which has very few worthwhile 3rd party games.

The Wii U is missing games from the following major Nintendo franchises:

- Metroid (Games on the GC, Wii, DS, and 3DS only thanks to Federation Force)
- Pokemon (console game on every other console)
- Kirby (Rainbow Road or whatever is a spinoff)
- F-Zero (RIP)
- Animal Crossing (GC, Wii, DS, 3DS)
- Zelda/Star Fox, until they come out (WWHD was a remake, Hyrule Warriors a spinoff)
- Fire Emblem (to be fair, there are 2 3DS games and the series is more fit for the 3DS anyway)

And to top it all off, the lifespan of the console is going to be way shorter than most, at either 4 or 5 years depending on when the NX comes out/what the NX even is.

Honestly that's pretty pathetic. There are maybe 10-12 Wii U games worth getting, and only a couple that I would consider to be "Console-pushers" (Smash and Mario Kart? Zelda, eventually), and this is coming from a self-proclaimed nintendo fanboy. The 3DS has 2-3 times the library of good games, and has only been on the market a year longer.

I still feel like an Animal Crossing game will be announced for next year (there is no reason to make Amiibo festival unless the assets were going to be used in a "real" game) which is a little less upsetting, but damn I feel like Nintendo really dropped the ball with this one. Some Zelda info (even if it was just a trailer and a title) would have helped quench the doomsaying somewhat, but aside from Star Fox this conference was almost as disappointing as 2008.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
No Man's Sky looks legit awesome, and I may have to start a separate fund to invest to pick it up. That and seeing everything in FF7 remastered. Wonder what Proud Clod and Midgar Zolom are going to look like.

(Oh yeah and Horizon hunting down steampunk tank dinos.)

Focus

Ubers Tester Extraordinaire
Lots of people seem to be disappointed with Nintendo's Digital Event, which is understandable. However I think Nintendo had quite a strong showing at E3 regardless. I've been absolutely loving all the Super Mario Maker videos they've put out so far. My interest in the game has gone from almost-nothing to money-in-Nintendo's-pocket thanks to all the great coverage. Likewise with Yoshi's Woolly World. It looks like we will soon get a genuinely good Yoshi game for the first time in what seems like forever.

In case you missed it, here are a couple more games to keep an eye on if you own (or plan to own) a Wii U:

Fast Racing Neo doesn't have the F-Zero logo grafted to it, but just look at it! It's blazing-fast racing on futuristic racetracks with hover cars. What more could you ask for? Why Nintendo didn't show this off in a sizzle reel in the direct is beyond me.

The upcoming Fatal Frame game looks great. This is the sort of game the Wii U was made for. It's really refreshing to see another thematically mature game like this coming to a Nintendo console. I haven't played a Fatal Frame game before, but this looks awesome. Holy shit.

Special mentions go out to Xenoblade Chronicles X, Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam, YO-KAI WATCH, and Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon. They look promising too.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
That's all great and dandy Focus but no one gives a shit about treehouse. I have no idea why they included Animal Crossing Amiibo Shitfest or Skylanders with some shit-looking DK/bowser figures instead of Fatal Frame or that F-Zero clone.

On the other hand, Nintendo is fucking up Metroid and Star Fox hard, and milking Zelda on the 3DS. Not to mention their previous fuck ups, such as: region locking, Paper Mario Sticker Star, or Luigi's Mansion.

Nintendo has been going downhill since Project Cafe was announced. They seriously need to pick their shit up again.

Also Soul Fly what handheld are you talking about? I assume the NX; in which case it's been kinda announced its a home console.

edit: oh and I also forgot to mention SMTxFE aka persona: fanservice

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)