Easygoing Badstuff

Hi. I'm .Cypher. If you don't know me, I'm an admin of the Skarmbliss/Nuggetbridge PO server and one of the Weekly WiFi Tour hosts at NuggetBridge. I felt that there was a lacking amount of VGC teams here, as well as lacking amounts of GOOD VGC teams, but hey, that's just me. So, now, I'll present, in my opinion once again, a GOOD yet lackluster VGC team (BTW, don't challenge me about my opinion because I'm not going to respond back about it).

Metagross @ Life Orb
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 244 HP / 116 Atk / 4 Def / 4 SDef / 140 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake
- Protect

Metagross is a great pokemon. Greats Stats, good defensive typing, good STABs, and Clear Body, Metagross is a beast. Adamant with 116 Atk hits the magic number 187. 140 Spd because Speedy Metagross variants are one of my favorites set, and it outspeeds Cresselia and Rotom-formes. Rest goes into bulk (I don't like standard 252/252 sets that much btw). Standard moves because they are standard for a reason, which is because they are effective. Life Orb over any other item so all its moves gets boosted, though, the 10% recoil is annoying.

Conkeldurr (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Atk / 20 Def / 4 SAtk / 140 SDef
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch
- Rock Slide
- Detect

Conkeldurr is a cool pokemon, can take status effects and boost from them. In a pinch, I T-wave my Conkeldurr so it throws out a stronger punch. EV Spread and Leftovers are for bulk. In addition, Leftovers negate Sandstorm damage. SDef bulk to tank SAtk moves. Brave nature 0 IVs for TR shenanigans. Standard moves because they are standard moves for a reason. Mach Punch priority, Drain punch healing and strong STAB, Rock Slide for coverage. Detect is Protect spelled -pro and +de

Tyranitar (F) @ Chople Berry
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 124 Atk / 36 Def / 52 SDef / 44 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Crunch
- Rock Slide
- Low Kick
- Protect

Standard TTar. Stole spread for Rizzo's because it's effective. EV spread can survive Metagross's Meteor Mash, as well as outspeed no investment Scizor. Standard moves are standard, Crunch and Rock Slide STAB, Low Kick Coverage.

Thundurus (M) @ Chesto Berry
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Def / 4 SAtk / 172 SDef / 20 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Rest
- Taunt
- Thunder Wave

I forgot what the spread does, but it allows Thundurus to be bulky and survive stuff. No Sitrus because I used that item already. This thing is supposed to T-Wave everything since this team is slow and T-wave slows things down. When this thing gets statused or at low HP, Rest Chesto combo to T-wave another turn. Taunt prevents set up. Thunderbolt for STAB. No Swagger because this was supposed to be a team that's easygoing and easy to learn and Swagger makes things hard as well as hax sucks.

Gastrodon (F) @ Sitrus Berry
Trait: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 188 Def / 4 SAtk / 60 SDef / 4 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Protect

Bulky Gastrodon set that I ripped off from Cassie's Nuggetbridge article on Gastrodon. It's effective and works well. Ice Beam over STAB Scald because Ice Beam and Earth Power already covers what Water-type attacks will it. Recover + Sitrus is fun, recovering 75% HP if occurs on the same turn. If not, HP is still nice. Gastrodon tanks attack, especially water attacks aimed at TTar and recovers itself.

Salamence (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 8 HP / 240 SAtk / 8 SDef / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Fire Blast

In my opinion, every bulky teams need a fast pokemon on it. This team's fast pokemon is Scarf Salamence, which is effective. No 252/252 EV spread because they suck, and this set has more bulk (Even if it's little) and that Download pokemon (e.g. Porygon2) gets the useless Atk boost instead. Draco Meteor for strong hit and run, D pulse for consistence STAB, HP Flying is useful STAB, especially against Volcarona and Top, and Fire Blast to round it off, hitting Steels.

"This team sucks" okay this is it rate pl0x and idk. Interesting to note, this is similar to Shota Yamamoto's VGC 2012 Japanese Nats winning team (because it is and I somehow coincidentally built this team with the same pokemon but not other stuff because I didn't know at first)

I'd like to battle you, and Welcome to Smogon! (Almost two years late, but hey.)

This is a super solid team. Scarf mence is bound to catch people by surprise, and if at an event, should be saved for second/third battle of VGC top cut best of three.

Any comments I'd make is, I'd love to battle this team! :D Nice job!!

hey cypher, looks like a solid team. does the conk ev spread you have currently survive anything notable? It might help putting those in the description. Also, why 4 SpAtk on it? xD another suggestion over rock slide on conk is Ice Punch. It provides an alternate ice move because TTar already has a rock move. Since you don't have fire punch on TTar, it might be worth putting the speed EVS (and possibly SDef EVs) into atk for more power.

I'm a big noob, but maybe put the 4 evs in attack instead of special attack but it's just one point in a stat so, it doesn't make much of a difference.

another suggestion over rock slide on conk is Ice Punch.
actually when you use T-wave Rock Slide may be a better move, guess why xD, but on the other hand only one Ice-type move may be sometimes a pain, especially if you don't bring Salamence into a battle.

the team may seem a bit Scizor weak but if you play smartly that shouldn't be a problem. LO Meta is a pretty unconventional idea, i can't say neither a good nor a bad word about it cos i've never tried it.

also i love that Gastrodon, IMO Rindo Berry is redundant cos generally Gastro needs very little SpD investment to live a random HP Grass/Energy Ball and all the STAB Grass-type moves are pretty obvious.

and does Chesto-Resto Thundurus work well? i've always went for Sitrus, cos it's a great item for Thundy IMO, turning A LOT of 2HKOs into 3HKOs without wasting a turn.

and Fire Blast on Salamence - why? i mean Flamethrower already gets you all the OHKOs and 2HKOs where needed (Occa Scizor may be an exception (i'm not 100% sure) but i haven't seen a lot of them recently). It's the only Fire-type move on your team, so if it misses... well... i wouldn't like it to miss.

generally i don't feel to be good enough to say if this team is good or bad and "rate" it but it seems to be solid and to have a lot of switching synergy, especially between Salamence and Metagross/Tyranitar. that's it!

If you're still looking to improve this team and you feel you're scizor weak, gyarados might be viable over gastrodon. Maybe even Heatran > Metagross could work...

Scarf mence is something I've used my self to a good degree of success, but with hydropump, heat wave, dragon pulse and draco meteor. The real change is hydropump, it can hit fire types like volcarona and heatran and generally has better coverage. Your tyrantitar has enough speed to out speed scizor so really fire blast is a far superior option to low kick as it ohko's scizor and 2hko's ferrothorn with 0spa investment, whilst conkeldurr provides fighting type coverage. One final rate ice punch is better than zen headbut on metagross, although you're losing stab you're gaining better coverage option. Other than that a very solid team Indeed. Also if you do choose to run hydropump I wouldn't edit your metagross's set as to hit hitmontop for super effective in some fashion.

TrollFreak

(╮°-°)╮┳━┳ (╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
is a Contributor Alumnus
Strong Team is Strong, good job .Cypher, not that I expect anything less from a pro player.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)