Eevee Friendly

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Here's a tip, spam Wonder Trade in the hopes you might get some breeding rejects for the tournament to make things easier on yourself. Eevee were already really common on Wonder Trade and there might be even more with the coming of this tournament. Already grabbed plenty of HA imperfect 5IV Eevee with most natures and egg moves, it's merely a matter of throwing them into the daycare with a Ditto and my team will be ready. I don't know how desperately needed HP is in this meta, though I wouldn't count it out (R.I.P. Signal Beam Jolteon).

With all the teams being posted, I feel bad for Glaceon. I want to give it some love but Hail is so difficult to maintain in comparison with rain, sun, or even Trick Room. Yeah, you can run it in regular TR but Blizzard is such a potent nuke that it's one of the few reasons to put up with Glaceon's other weaknesses.

I honestly....have no experience with lv30s. (Definitely makes the training part easier.) I've always been shit at making custom EV spreads for lv50 (a la VGCs), and this is probably worse. I learned from running Talonflame that running "just enough" speed doesn't fly (no pun intended) when people are running so much of the same thing. I would still run max speed when possible because a) there are so many other Jolteon around and you are just making yourself lose automatically to them and b) what kinds of things could you survive with that bit of extra bulk you are sacrificing to lose the speed tie? btw max speed =/= 252 Speed because of how lv30 stats work, I'm talking about the case where you go out of your way to invest "just enough" speed to outrun a particular tier and sacrificing speed ties.

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
Umbreon's got a lot of neat moves but otherwise he just kinda... sits there. Without foul play he can't pose a threat to the physical attackers, and with magic bounce espeon running around, no heal bell, and having to worry about being 2HKOd, toxic stalling isn't really an option.

I've got 4 pentaperfect jolly eevees if anyone wants them. 3 have Run Away, 1 has Adaptability. They're all free. Also got plenty of missing-one-IV imperfects for timid, modest, jolly, and adamant, both with and without HA. Modest ones all have yawn, wish, and stored power.

I've also got a timid run away, a modest HA with yawn, wish, and stored power, an adamant HA, and a jolly HA. All are pentaperfect and male. If you want one of these I'd like to trade it for another penta/hexaperfect mon (I don't care what)

Does being lowered to level 30 have any significant effect on EV spreads? I think spreads have to be divisible by 12 but I'm not sure.
The only obvious thing I've noticed is that the extra 4 EVs you're left with won't do anything by themselves

I don't know how desperately needed HP is in this meta, though I wouldn't count it out (R.I.P. Signal Beam Jolteon).
252 SpA Jolteon Thunderbolt vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Flareon: 121-144 (44.4 - 52.9%) -- 25.8% chance to 2HKO
252 SpA Jolteon Hidden Power Water vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Flareon: 108-128 (39.7 - 47%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Not very. STAB + Shadow Ball hits everything neutrally except for espeon fighting an umbreon.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
STAB is fine for everything except other Jolteon and Leafeon. STAB outdamages SE HP (90*1.5 = 135 BP vs 60*2 = 120BP). I'm talking about Leafeon, which is the only thing you would really run HP against (252 SpA Jolteon Hidden Power Ice vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Leafeon: 88-104 (62.4 - 73.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery). HP Bug is actually optimal over HP Ice because it can hit Espeon and Umbreon SE if they rotate to you and hitting neutral on everything else other than Sylveon and Flareon (3 SE, 2 resist, 3 neutral). HP Flying is neutral against everything but enemy Jolteon (1 SE, 1 resist, 6 neutral).

btw, here is a HP chart - there is a mere one spread for HP Bug and Flying respectively that retains 31 Speed. If you choose to run HP on Jolteon, Bug and Flying are better choices than Ice (1 SE, 3 resists, 4 neutral).

EDIT: I forget there are 8 Eeveelutions not counting Eevee and I suck at counting. I got the SEs and resists correct the whole time but not the neutral count. lol.

EDIT 2: This post entirely concerns Jolteon. Espeon doesn't need HP now that it gets Dazzling Gleam. Glaceon should run HP Ground or Rock imo.

Last edited:
If you are really concerned with outslowing someone, you can always stack on a Macho Brace onto it to half its speed
Is there any reason you can't just use a lagging tail?

Umbreon's got a lot of neat moves but otherwise he just kinda... sits there.
Well, correct me if I'm wrong but you could technically use a double team set with toxic stalling, and possibly even facade since it's not a Smogon tournament. But I wouldn't want to be that cheap :pimp:

Last edited:

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
Is there any reason you can't just use a lagging tail?
Lagging Tail makes you always move last, regardless of Trick Room or other speed modifiers. Macho Brace and Iron Ball are preferred for Trick Room because they affect speed, but make you go faster in Trick Room.

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
Well, correct me if I'm wrong but you could technically use a double team set with toxic stalling, and possibly even facade since it's not a Smogon tournament. But I wouldn't want to be that cheap :pimp:
That's why my vaporeon has haze and hydration :pimp:

I'm very new to the eevee friendly and I have a question about a gimmicky strategy that I wanted to confirm. A protect would break an echoed voice chain right?

Nope. As long as it was executed it would increase.

Let me guess Pixilate Echoed Voice?
That was the final idea... I don't like the idea because I would be locked into a single move. The appeal of it is that I could switch between two attack types once I got the 200 base power but the real problem is building up to that base power and allowing my opponent to set up (For example calm mind)

I said I would give anyone Eevees that they would need >.>

It doesn't look like anyone is even taking Glaceon into consideration for much... Hmmm.
If you are giving away eevees, I would be more than happy to take one off of your hands (especially if it knows wish)

I have like a box full of 5IV Eevees that know Wish/Stored Power/Curse/Yawn that I am happy to give away.

What nature would you like?

I should add my FC to my sig... 2363 - 5671 - 9607

That's why my vaporeon has haze and hydration :pimp:
Oh, good call. I may have to consider using my Vaporeon just to defer that inevitable fiend, although I guess I'd have to get a rain dance team going. It may be worth it for how much I hate dealing with double team users though.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
I said I would give anyone Eevees that they would need >.>

It doesn't look like anyone is even taking Glaceon into consideration for much... Hmmm.
Sorry I didn't see that ;~;

I really want to use Glaceon. However, I'm not really sure for what since its abilities are useless without Hail (all of the other Eevees besides maybe Sylveon have really handy abilities) and that it doesn't have the useful resistances that the other Eevees have (even Eevee is immune to Shadow Ball). Hail would be decent if the only two set-ups for it weren't slow and bulky, being Glaceon itself and Vaporeon. Overall, it has a really decent stat spread but I struggle to find a niche for it that one of the Eeveelutions doesn't already fill. I suppose that it can help maintain Toxi-stalling chains because of its even defenses.

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
That was the final idea... I don't like the idea because I would be locked into a single move. The appeal of it is that I could switch between two attack types once I got the 200 base power but the real problem is building up to that base power and allowing my opponent to set up (For example calm mind)
The second pixilated echoed voice will do more damage than a moonblast, the problem is just having to do that one weaker one first

I've been testing my team out with my boyfriend and I rarely have any trouble with Toxic. The only time it does is when I could have used that extra HP I lost to survive an extra hit. All in all, though, I think these fights are going to be tough. On the other hand, I haven't fought Eevee, Umbreon, or Espeon... If I knew how good or bad this internet signal was, I might ask for a battle. In any case, I'm going to post my team and you guys could maybe tell me what you think?
Pokemon: Leafeon
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 Spe / 252 Atk / 6 HP
Nature: Adamant
- Sunny Day
- Swords Dance
- X-Scissor
- Leaf Blade

Pokemon: Flareon
Item: Toxic Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Spe / 252 Atk / 6 SpDef
Nature: Jolly
- Will-O-Wisp
- Quick Attack
- Facade
- Flare Blitz

Pokemon: Sylveon
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpAtk / 6 Spe
Nature: Bold
- Hyper Beam
- Calm Mind
- Wish
- Moonblast

Pokemon: Jolteon
Item: Flame Orb
Ability: Quick Feet
EVs: 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe / 6 HP
Nature: Timid
- Toxic
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Volt Switch

Pokemon: Vaporeon
Item: Wise Glasses
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 129 Def / 129 SpDef
- Baton Pass
- Acid Armor
- Scald
- Ice Beam

Pokemon: Espeon
Item: Metronome
Ability: Magic Bounce
- Baton Pass
- Calm Mind
- Dazzling Gleam
- Stored Power

Also, question. I signed up for the Eevee Friendly and already have them in my Battle Box. For some odd reason, I can remove them from that box. From what I remember, once you put them in, you cannot remove items or the Pokemon. Does anyone have an answer to the reason why? Because if I can rush and change some of my team, I need to know.

Oh, really? That's actually nice to know, thanks!

A-ah... That I didn't know. So then it's basically pointless in adding whatever is left into the EVs? I just figured, "Hey, let's make it a fully trained Pokemon!"

Now I just need to figure out what to replace Espeon with.

Last edited:
This will be my first tournament outside of VGC, thank you all for your discussions and helpful information. I hope to see you all inside!

Also: first post ever!

Just a quick question, since my friends and I have found the wording of the eligibility section a bit unclear:

Are all Kalos-born Eevees allowed, or only ones for which you are the OT?

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Just a quick question, since my friends and I have found the wording of the eligibility section a bit unclear:

Are all Kalos-born Eevees allowed, or only ones for which you are the OT?
The former is correct. You can enter things that you have been traded to you

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
Alright, to replace Espeon, should I use Glaceon or Umbreon?
Why do you want to replace espeon?
Try something like this instead:

Pokemon: Espeon
Ability: Magic Bounce
Nature: Timid
- Calm Mind
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psyshock
- Protect / Reflect / Light Screen

Not sure what item would be useful though. If you're running screens, maybe light clay?

I have like a box full of 5IV Eevees that know Wish/Stored Power/Curse/Yawn that I am happy to give away.

What nature would you like?

I should add my FC to my sig... 2363 - 5671 - 9607
I would love a bold one. I'm not trying to be a pain in the butt but would you happen to have an extra female one to spare? (I completely understand if you don't, just thought I would ask so that it would be a little easier for me to breed the rest of my team)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)