SS OU Eiscue Hail Team (Is It Good?)

(This is my first post)
After finding out how strong eiscue was; I made this team based around it.
The team consists of support, sweepers and bulky and mainly ice type pokemon.

Abomasnow @ Icy Rock
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 192 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 60 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Blizzard
- Giga Drain
- Earth Power
- Aurora Veil

Abomasnow is this team's best support, it can set up aurora veil and hail up; boosting ice type's moves and halving incoming attacks.
It also helps against rock, water, fire and steel type Pokemon with its earth power and giga drain, and plus it can heal with giga drain.
Blizzard is a strong move with a base power of 110 and with hail it cannot miss.
The EVs are set out so it can be a power tank with a bit of speed.

Eiscue @ Salac Berry
Ability: Ice Face
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Zen Headbutt
- Substitute
- Belly Drum

Eiscue, the main Pokemon of this team.
Icicle crash to get that hail and stab boost; zen headbutt for coverage and flinch; substitute and then belly drum to get to 25% health for the salac berry to activate; salac berry for speed.
Ice face is great for dealing with physical attackers.
EVs for sweeping.
The down side to this Pokemon is the special attackers that ignore ice face.

Mandibuzz (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Foul Play
- Toxic
- Roost
- Defog

I chose mandibuzz because of its ability overcoat and the move defog.
Overcoat protects it from hail while defog gets rid of the hazards.
Toxic and roost to stall KO the target with its EVs giving that extra bulk. Also, the leftovers to heal it over time.

Beartic @ Life Orb
Ability: Snow Cloak
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Dig
- Aqua Jet
- Swords Dance

Another sweeper. Snow cloak can be replaced with slush rush, however I prefer the evasiveness.
Sword dance and life orb for the extra damage, aqua jet for priority and icicle crash for the stab/hail extra.
Nothing else much to say except its really only a sweeper and nothing else.

Dracovish @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Strong Jaw
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fishious Rend
- Crunch
- Psychic Fangs
- Ice Fang

Dracovish is one of the most powerful Pokemon in gen 8 OU and it this team would be missing out with out one of them.
Choice Scarf to increase the speed, same with EVs and jolly nature, for the fishious rend boost and strong jaw to make it even more stronger.
Psychic fangs and ice fangs for coverage same with crunch. Includes with the boost of strong jaw.
Dracovish's water and dragon type helps protects the ice types from fire and steel type moves.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave
- Moonlight
- Stealth Rock

I started running out of ideas so I just threw in a standard stealth rock bulky clefable, magic guard, EVs, leftovers and moonlight to bulk it up and sustain it.
Thunder wave to half the speed of other sweepers.
Moonblast in case taunt/magic bounce comes along.

Weaknesses:
Rock types (4)
Steel types (4)
Fighting types (3)
Fire types (3)

Please help me if this works bad.
 
That was a quick bump lol. Try giving it a few days before bumping it so people have time to see it. Anyway, no, Eiscue is sadly terrible. Its one niche was lost when Dmax got the boot, which was to set its own hail with Max Hailstorm. Since it only resets Ice Face on switch-in or the turn hail is set, it's basically a terrible version of Mimikyu that doesn't actually work that well with Hail, as switching in implies it was forced out and wasted its chance. And Mimi is already noob-bait to a degree. A Belly Drum sweeper that saw success in OU was Galaran Darmantuan Zen Mode. By pretending it was Gorilla Tactics, it could find opportunities to setup and sweep. It largely worked on surprise rather than actually being a standalone threat. Eiscue does not have the same surprise value. From team preview, every opponent is going to know exactly what it's going to do. And is it actually good at it?
+6 252+ Atk Eiscue-Noice Icicle Crash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Ferrothorn: 262-309 (74.4 - 87.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
Ah. That's a problem. Ferro is neutral to Crash and doesn't die in one hit. There's not a lot you can do about that. And that's assuming it gets to set up. In practice, Eiscue is too one-dimensional and not good enough at its role. It's easy to stop it setting up, and to revenge kill it with priority after it sets up. Garm Zen had Fire/Ice coverage, which was only resisted by Water or Ice/Ground coverage that hit almost everything, and anything that didn't resist it died on the spot.
As for the rest of your team:
Abomba: Replace with Vanuluxe.
Buzz:Heavy Duty Boots.
Beartic:Snow Cloak gives you an 80% chance to lose to everything you beat with Slush Rush, and only a 20% chance to potentially beat other stuff. Slush Rush is just superior, evasion is not good. And replace Dig with a move that doesn't give your opponent a free switch. Liquidation, Night Slash, Play Rough, Brick Break, etc.
Dracovish:Everyone runs Water Absorb rn, it's not worth using unless you build around it.
Clef: Moonlight on a weather team... See the issue? I think these last two slots should be mons that beat Ice checks like Steel types and Fighting types.
Weaknesses:
Rock types (4)
Steel types (4)
Fighting types (3)
Fire types (3)
You see the trials of trying to build any kind of half-decent Ice team. Hope you learnt a few things from this.
 
That was a quick bump lol. Try giving it a few days before bumping it so people have time to see it. Anyway, no, Eiscue is sadly terrible. Its one niche was lost when Dmax got the boot, which was to set its own hail with Max Hailstorm. Since it only resets Ice Face on switch-in or the turn hail is set, it's basically a terrible version of Mimikyu that doesn't actually work that well with Hail, as switching in implies it was forced out and wasted its chance. And Mimi is already noob-bait to a degree. A Belly Drum sweeper that saw success in OU was Galaran Darmantuan Zen Mode. By pretending it was Gorilla Tactics, it could find opportunities to setup and sweep. It largely worked on surprise rather than actually being a standalone threat. Eiscue does not have the same surprise value. From team preview, every opponent is going to know exactly what it's going to do. And is it actually good at it?
+6 252+ Atk Eiscue-Noice Icicle Crash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Ferrothorn: 262-309 (74.4 - 87.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
Ah. That's a problem. Ferro is neutral to Crash and doesn't die in one hit. There's not a lot you can do about that. And that's assuming it gets to set up. In practice, Eiscue is too one-dimensional and not good enough at its role. It's easy to stop it setting up, and to revenge kill it with priority after it sets up. Garm Zen had Fire/Ice coverage, which was only resisted by Water or Ice/Ground coverage that hit almost everything, and anything that didn't resist it died on the spot.
As for the rest of your team:
Abomba: Replace with Vanuluxe.
Buzz:Heavy Duty Boots.
Beartic:Snow Cloak gives you an 80% chance to lose to everything you beat with Slush Rush, and only a 20% chance to potentially beat other stuff. Slush Rush is just superior, evasion is not good. And replace Dig with a move that doesn't give your opponent a free switch. Liquidation, Night Slash, Play Rough, Brick Break, etc.
Dracovish:Everyone runs Water Absorb rn, it's not worth using unless you build around it.
Clef: Moonlight on a weather team... See the issue? I think these last two slots should be mons that beat Ice checks like Steel types and Fighting types.

You see the trials of trying to build any kind of half-decent Ice team. Hope you learnt a few things from this.
Thanks
 
Replace Clefable with rapid spin Excadrill, so when Mandibuzz gets KOed, you have another Pokemon to get rid of hazards.
Plus it can help resist steel types such as Corviknight (which is a huge threat to this team).
 
If you replace eicicue's zen headbutt with a rest and your substitute with freeze dry (or iron head), and give it a cheri berry it's pretty much unstoppable.
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)

Top