SV Ubers Eject Pack Groudon Offense

Taka

coastin' like crazy
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
PUPL Champion

1699990058128.png1699990107840.png1699990151481.png1699990177016.png1699994331527.png1699994338687.png

Click sprites for team paste

Intro:

Just wanted to make an RMT for 1000th post, and this is a team I enjoyed building and testing. I don't have any super significant peaks or anything, but I still hope you enjoy the team itself. The team was built around the fun idea of Eject Pack Groudon bringing in obscene breakers such as Flutter Mane and setting up an Eternatus sweep.

The Team:

:groudon: :eternatus: :koraidon:
The team is built around these three. Groudon + sun-boosted Eternatus is a potent core that, with Tera Fire, can 2HKO Ting-Lu. Koraidon helps act as an offense check and is standard on most teams anyways. Finally, Groudon is Eject Pack here to spike up and pivot into Eternatus / another breaker while chipping ground-immune switch-ins like Landorus-T / Gliscor.

:groudon: :eternatus: :koraidon: :flutter-mane:
After looking at options for Pokemon that would benefit from Eject Pack Don, Flutter Mane seemed like the obvious choice for being able to directly threaten nearly everything that comes into Groudon, apart from physical Sneak Giratina-O (which you can still eliminate with Tera Fairy). Often times all Flutter needs is a free turn for entry to claim a kill here.

:groudon: :eternatus: :zacian-crowned: :koraidon: :flutter-mane:
Zacian-C pairs well with hazards, Koraidon, and Flutter Mane in general, so it seemed like a very safe pick for this team.

:groudon: :eternatus: :arceus: :zacian-crowned: :koraidon: :flutter-mane:
Rounding the team off with Ekiller helps vs the Miraidon and HO matchup.

Individual Mons:

1699990058128.png

Groudon @ Eject Pack
Ability: Drought
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Def / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Overheat
- Precipice Blades
- Will-O-Wisp
- Spikes

Eject Pack Groudon is the core of this team, being the hazard setter that sets up Flutter Mane and Eternatus breaking early game thanks to free entries on Landorus-T and other Ground-immunes with Eject Pack + Overheat. Blades are chosen over EQ for the ability to OHKO Zacian-C, but this is preference. Tera Water lets Groudon resist a Behemoth Blade from Zacian-C in case its too boosted, and makes it easier for Groudon to punish Kyogre, which can be annoying for this team.

1699990107840.png

Eternatus @ Flame Plate
Ability: Pressure
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Dynamax Cannon
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Bomb
- Agility

The main win condition / wallbreaker of this team, Eternatus leverages Flame Plate, Tera Fire, and Sun to become very difficult to switch into, even with Ting-Lu / Clodsire. Flame Plate lets Eternatus OHKO Zacian-C with Fire Blast + Stealth Rock, and the given spread outspeeds max Speed + neutral nature Arceus formes. Agility + Tera Fire is used in a lot of end-games to take advantage of choice-locked Koraidon and Flutter Mane to setup.

1699990151481.png

Arceus @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Atk / 56 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Claw
- Taunt

This is a quintessential Arceus set, with SD and Taunt to take advantage of Toxapex and Skeledirge. Tera Fire lets Arceus setup easier on Giratina-O and Zacian-C, while making all of Koraidon's attacks neutral. Life Orb is another option for immediate breaking power, especially versus bulkier teams, but Silk Scarf gets the job done vs offense anyways.

1699990177016.png

Zacian-Crowned @ Rusted Sword
Ability: Intrepid Sword
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Wild Charge
- Behemoth Blade
- Play Rough

This is a standard Zacian-C set. I've opted for Wild Charge over Substitute, Tera Ground Blast, or Crunch as this team would rather use Tera on other Pokemon, and Wild Charge helps against bulky CM Kyogre and Toxapex, especially since the former is incredibly annoying for a team without its own Water-type or Clodsire. Tera Flying makes Zacian-C able to eliminate a problematic Arceus-Ground / Earth Power Arceus-Fairy, which can snowball out of control vs a team with low defensive utility as this one.

1699994331527.png

Koraidon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Orichalcum Pulse
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Low Kick
- Dragon Claw
- U-turn
- Flare Blitz

Standard Scarf Koraidon, but it gets the job done. Pivoting in our breakers similarly to Groudon is a nice trait, and revenge killing DD Arceus and opposing Zacian-C is important for this team. You rarely Tera Koraidon anyways, but Tera Fairy is an out into Agility Miraidon / Scale Shot Koraidon if you really need it.

1699994338687.png

Flutter Mane @ Life Orb
Ability: Protosynthesis
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Mystical Fire
- Moonblast
- Memento
- Psyshock

Flutter Mane is the final member of the team, however it has an unusual set. Life Orb Moonblast, Psyshock, and Mystical Fire cover a large portion of the metagame, specifically most of the Pokemon that Eternatus has trouble with, while also immediately threatening damage on physical walls that come in on Groudon. Memento makes it easier to play around random Tera Fire sweepers that use Flutter Mane as setup fodder, opening your own sweeper up to go for game.

Difficult Mons to deal with:

:miraidon: Its Miraidon, its always obnoxious to deal with, but offense hates fighting Agility Mirai without a Clodsire / Spdef Groundy / Ting-Lu. Just make sure you keep Ekiller healthy + don't give it free turns to enter by positioning with your breakers.

:kyogre: Not the worst thing, but Kyogre is always a pain for teams with Groudon + Korai + Etern. Thankfully, you can break it with Flutter / Korai, and Ekiller uses it as setup fodder with sun up.

This is actually the main reason I wanted to make this post, as its my 1000th post here. I haven't been around super long, but I've enjoyed playing here and interacting with the community a lot. I've played Showdown since i was in middle school, but only occasionally and with IRL friends. But last year, I picked up PS to blow off some steam during exam season, got into National Dex and UU, then got into some OUBL tiers, then got involved in Ubers during SV and started playing in tournaments.

First off, thank you to RealJester for getting me into the PS Tour scene. Without you walking me through some GSC OU and then inviting me to your BKCPL team cord that random ass day, I would've never gotten the chance / experience to play a team tour. BKCPL was a great experience and its what got me fired up to make it into a Smogon team tour afterwards.

Thanks to a lot of my friends on this site but specifically
Slip bb skarm TMM BlackKnight_Gawain Queen of Bean Goro Yagami corvere Lasen GeniusFromHoenn Inder OreoSpeedruns awyp Baloor .
You guys have made PS much more enjoyable and I look forward to spending more time with you guys and the community as a whole.

Hope you enjoy this team and catch you around sometime!​

BlackKnight_Gawain

PUPL Champion

View attachment 571223View attachment 571224View attachment 571226View attachment 571229View attachment 571251View attachment 571253

Click sprites for team paste

Intro:

Just wanted to make an RMT for 1000th post, and this is a team I enjoyed building and testing. I don't have any super significant peaks or anything, but I still hope you enjoy the team itself. The team was built around the fun idea of Eject Pack Groudon bringing in obscene breakers such as Flutter Mane and setting up an Eternatus sweep.

The Team:

:groudon: :eternatus: :koraidon:
The team is built around these three. Groudon + sun-boosted Eternatus is a potent core that, with Tera Fire, can 2HKO Ting-Lu. Koraidon helps act as an offense check and is standard on most teams anyways. Finally, Groudon is Eject Pack here to spike up and pivot into Eternatus / another breaker while chipping ground-immune switch-ins like Landorus-T / Gliscor.

:groudon: :eternatus: :koraidon: :flutter-mane:
After looking at options for Pokemon that would benefit from Eject Pack Don, Flutter Mane seemed like the obvious choice for being able to directly threaten nearly everything that comes into Groudon, apart from physical Sneak Giratina-O (which you can still eliminate with Tera Fairy). Often times all Flutter needs is a free turn for entry to claim a kill here.

:groudon: :eternatus: :zacian-crowned: :koraidon: :flutter-mane:
Zacian-C pairs well with hazards, Koraidon, and Flutter Mane in general, so it seemed like a very safe pick for this team.

:groudon: :eternatus: :arceus: :zacian-crowned: :koraidon: :flutter-mane:
Rounding the team off with Ekiller helps vs the Miraidon and HO matchup.

Individual Mons:

View attachment 571223
Groudon @ Eject Pack
Ability: Drought
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Def / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Overheat
- Precipice Blades
- Will-O-Wisp
- Spikes

Eject Pack Groudon is the core of this team, being the hazard setter that sets up Flutter Mane and Eternatus breaking early game thanks to free entries on Landorus-T and other Ground-immunes with Eject Pack + Overheat. Blades are chosen over EQ for the ability to OHKO Zacian-C, but this is preference. Tera Water lets Groudon resist a Behemoth Blade from Zacian-C in case its too boosted, and makes it easier for Groudon to punish Kyogre, which can be annoying for this team.

View attachment 571224
Eternatus @ Flame Plate
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Dynamax Cannon
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Bomb
- Agility

The main win condition / wallbreaker of this team, Eternatus leverages Flame Plate, Tera Fire, and Sun to become very difficult to switch into, even with Ting-Lu / Clodsire. Flame Plate lets Eternatus OHKO Zacian-C with Fire Blast + Stealth Rock, and the given spread outspeeds max Speed + neutral nature Arceus formes. Agility + Tera Fire is used in a lot of end-games to take advantage of choice-locked Koraidon and Flutter Mane to setup.

View attachment 571226

Arceus @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Atk / 56 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Claw
- Taunt

This is a quintessential Arceus set, with SD and Taunt to take advantage of Toxapex and Skeledirge. Tera Fire lets Arceus setup easier on Giratina-O and Zacian-C, while making all of Koraidon's attacks neutral. Life Orb is another option for immediate breaking power, especially versus bulkier teams, but Silk Scarf gets the job done vs offense anyways.

View attachment 571229
Zacian-Crowned @ Rusted Sword
Ability: Intrepid Sword
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Wild Charge
- Behemoth Blade
- Play Rough

This is a standard Zacian-C set. I've opted for Wild Charge over Substitute, Tera Ground Blast, or Crunch as this team would rather use Tera on other Pokemon, and Wild Charge helps against bulky CM Kyogre and Toxapex, especially since the former is incredibly annoying for a team without its own Water-type or Clodsire. Tera Flying makes Zacian-C able to eliminate a problematic Arceus-Ground / Earth Power Arceus-Fairy, which can snowball out of control vs a team with low defensive utility as this one.

View attachment 571251
Koraidon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Orichalcum Pulse
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Low Kick
- Dragon Claw
- U-turn
- Flare Blitz

Standard Scarf Koraidon, but it gets the job done. Pivoting in our breakers similarly to Groudon is a nice trait, and revenge killing DD Arceus and opposing Zacian-C is important for this team. You rarely Tera Koraidon anyways, but Tera Fairy is an out into Agility Miraidon / Scale Shot Koraidon if you really need it.

View attachment 571253
Flutter Mane @ Life Orb
Ability: Protosynthesis
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Mystical Fire
- Moonblast
- Memento
- Psyshock

Flutter Mane is the final member of the team, however it has an unusual set. Life Orb Moonblast, Psyshock, and Mystical Fire cover a large portion of the metagame, specifically most of the Pokemon that Eternatus has trouble with, while also immediately threatening damage on physical walls that come in on Groudon. Memento makes it easier to play around random Tera Fire sweepers that use Flutter Mane as setup fodder, opening your own sweeper up to go for game.

Difficult Mons to deal with:

:miraidon: Its Miraidon, its always obnoxious to deal with, but offense hates fighting Agility Mirai without a Clodsire / Spdef Groundy / Ting-Lu. Just make sure you keep Ekiller healthy + don't give it free turns to enter by positioning with your breakers.

:kyogre: Not the worst thing, but Kyogre is always a pain for teams with Groudon + Korai + Etern. Thankfully, you can break it with Flutter / Korai, and Ekiller uses it as setup fodder with sun up.

This is actually the main reason I wanted to make this post, as its my 1000th post here. I haven't been around super long, but I've enjoyed playing here and interacting with the community a lot. I've played Showdown since i was in middle school, but only occasionally and with IRL friends. But last year, I picked up PS to blow off some steam during exam season, got into National Dex and UU, then got into some OUBL tiers, then got involved in Ubers during SV and started playing in tournaments.

First off, thank you to RealJester for getting me into the PS Tour scene. Without you walking me through some GSC OU and then inviting me to your BKCPL team cord that random ass day, I would've never gotten the chance / experience to play a team tour. BKCPL was a great experience and its what got me fired up to make it into a Smogon team tour afterwards.

Thanks to a lot of my friends on this site but specifically
Slip bb skarm TMM BlackKnight_Gawain Queen of Bean Goro Yagami corvere Lasen GeniusFromHoenn Inder OreoSpeedruns awyp Baloor .
You guys have made PS much more enjoyable and I look forward to spending more time with you guys and the community as a whole.

Hope you enjoy this team and catch you around sometime!​
real homies build real teams and this is no exception. happy to have you around bud keep at the grind !!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)