National Dex EL MAÑANA [1K RMT, PEAK #149 - 1759 ELO / 80.2% GXE]: CB Cinderace Offense

Dead by Daylight

are we the last living souls
is a Contributor to Smogon
EL MAÑANA 1K RMT (Used Partially for Roaring Moon Reqs, went 14-5)

:sv/CINDERACE: :sv/ogerpon-wellspring: :sv/great tusk: :sv/corviknight: :sv/tapu lele: :sv/tyranitar-mega:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Table of Contents
I: Intro
II: Building Process
III: The Team
IV: Replays
V: Threatlist
VI: Shoutouts
VII: Outro

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I. Introduction
Hello to those who read this. Thanks for checking out this RMT, which will be my 1,000th post on this website. I'm Dead by Daylight. Most of you, if you do know me, know me as either a co-host / co-founder of The Lunatic's Workshop (great project by the way) or as an analysis writer for both Monotype and National Dex more recently. If you don't know me, fair enough and nice to meet you. I'd still say I'm relatively new to NatDex and rather unknown in Monotype, but who knows what can happen. Without further ado, let's get onto the good stuff.
II. Building Process

:sv/cinderace: :poke ball: :poke ball: :poke ball: :poke ball: :poke ball:

Banded Cinderace was considered a relic from Gen 8 after the drastic Libero nerfs brought it down several pegs. This team is its revival. CB Cinderace is an incredibly good wallbreaker, with it firing off nuclear Pyro Balls. It also has Libero, letting you gain STAB on one coverage move of your choice. Its main problem is that it struggles with Alomomola (although it can U-turn on it) and entry hazards, which this team seeks to ameliorate.

:cinderace: :sv/ogerpon-wellspring: :poke ball: :poke ball: :poke ball: :poke ball:
Ogerpon-W is the perfect partner for Cinderace, being able to take on Water-types that Cinderace struggles with like Alomomola and Dondozo. Encore lets Ogerpon-W nearly 6-0 Stall, which is an archetype Cinderace can struggle with breaking down. This is a rather standard Ogerpon set, so not much explanation here.

:cinderace: :ogerpon-wellspring: :sv/great tusk: :poke ball: :poke ball: :poke ball:
Great Tusk is the first of our two hazard removers to facilitate Cinderace's wallbreaking potential. Physically defensive Tusk serves as a blanket check to a myriad of threatening physical attackers like CB Zamazenta, Gouging Fire, Mega Tyranitar, and more. It fills a ton of roles on this team and that's why I added it.

:cinderace: :ogerpon-wellspring: :great tusk: :sv/corviknight: :poke ball: :poke ball:
The big bad steel bird is back at it again. It's the other hazard remover on the team and compliments Great Tusk rather nicely, being a reliable Fairy resistance while Tusk takes Electric-type attacks aimed at Corv. It also offers a nice slow pivot opportunity for the two main breakers on the team, while being a solid Waterpon check with Tera Dragon.

:cinderace: :ogerpon-wellspring: :great tusk: :corviknight: :sv/tapu lele: :poke ball:
Scarf Lele rounds off the offensive portion of the team with speed control and the ability to threaten Dragon-types that resist the FWG attacks that Cinderace and Ogerpon-W throw off. HP Fire over Future Sight is my preference to hit Ferrothorn and Mega Scizor instead of losing momentum, but it's a variable slot and FSight works just fine.

:cinderace: :ogerpon-wellspring: :great tusk: :corviknight: :tapu lele: :sv/tyranitar-mega:

Mega Tyranitar rounds off this team as the Future Sight absorber, specially defensive stopgap, and Pursuit trapper. It exerts constant pressure on the opponent's team and forms a tried-and-true core with Tapu Lele. Pursuit is especially helpful for this team, as it can force crucial damage onto potential checks to Cinderace, like Alomomola and Dragon-types. Dropping this mon on the VR was a crime. Do better, council.
III. The Team
:sv/cinderace:
maybe in time, you'll want to be mine
EL MAÑANA @ Choice Band
Ability: Libero
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pyro Ball
- High Jump Kick
- Gunk Shot / Sucker Punch
- U-turn

Choice Band Cinderace is a very good, yet unheralded, wallbreaker in this metagame. Perhaps the reason is due to the Libero nerfs and everyone writing it off at the start of the gen, or maybe it's because of its incredible hazard weakness that pigeonholes it into running Heavy-Duty Boots and severely limiting its power. Either way, it finds a home on this team as a powerful pivot and cleaner. Its Speed tier is good enough for the job, while U-turn does quite good damage with Libero. HJK is its best coverage option, while Gunk Shot hits Fairy-types hard while Sucker Punch is a riskier but potentially useful revenge killing option. Tera Fire Pyro Ball is the nuclear option, which can break through even soft checks to it. Its meager PP means that conserving it is probably your best bet, however. Do be warned that Tera disables Libero, so be careful with when you click the button.

Pyro Ball
252 Atk Choice Band Cinderace Pyro Ball vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Ogerpon-Wellspring: 313-370 (103.9 - 122.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Choice Band Cinderace Pyro Ball vs. 244 HP / 0 Def Gliscor: 223-264 (63.3 - 75%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Poison Heal
252 Atk Choice Band Cinderace Pyro Ball vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Iron Valiant: 295-348 (102 - 120.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Choice Band Cinderace Pyro Ball vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Slowking-Galar: 324-382 (82.2 - 96.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Cinderace Pyro Ball vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tapu Lele: 343-405 (122 - 144.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Choice Band Cinderace Pyro Ball vs. +1 0 HP / 0 Def Zamazenta: 160-190 (49.2 - 58.4%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Cinderace Pyro Ball vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Great Tusk: 214-253 (57.6 - 68.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Choice Band Cinderace Pyro Ball vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Roaring Moon: 179-211 (50.9 - 60.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Cinderace Pyro Ball vs. 248 HP / 184+ Def Zapdos: 231-273 (60.3 - 71.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Tera Fire Cinderace Pyro Ball vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Slowking-Galar: 432-510 (109.6 - 129.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
-1 252 Atk Choice Band Tera Fire Cinderace Pyro Ball vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Landorus-Therian: 186-220 (48.6 - 57.5%) -- 94.1% chance to 2HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Tera Fire Cinderace Pyro Ball vs. 252 HP / 200+ Def Great Tusk: 224-264 (51.6 - 60.8%) -- 91.8% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Coverage
252 Atk Choice Band Libero Cinderace High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 560-660 (145 - 170.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Choice Band Libero Cinderace High Jump Kick vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Garganacl: 464-548 (115.1 - 135.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Choice Band Libero Cinderace High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Ting-Lu: 482-570 (93.7 - 110.8%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Choice Band Libero Cinderace High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Rotom-Wash: 202-238 (66.4 - 78.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Choice Band Libero Cinderace Gunk Shot vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Alomomola: 226-267 (47.8 - 56.5%) -- 85.9% chance to 2HKO (don't click HJK due to Protect)
252 Atk Choice Band Libero Cinderace Gunk Shot vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Multiscale Dragonite: 141-166 (43.6 - 51.3%) -- 8.2% chance to 2HKO (2HKOs after Multiscale breaks)
252 Atk Choice Band Libero Cinderace Gunk Shot vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Latias-Mega: 229-271 (63 - 74.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

:sv/ogerpon-wellspring:
ten years passed tonight, you'll flee
YEARS PASS (F) @ Wellspring Mask
Ability: Water Absorb
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Ivy Cudgel
- Horn Leech
- Encore / Play Rough

Standard SD Waterpon shenanigans here. Waterpon was chosen over other Water-types due to both its complete immunity to Water-type moves courtesy of Water Absorb, and its ability to exploit Dondozo and Alomomola, two problematic things for Cinderace, to set up. Encore is run over a coverage move here to force switches, although you can run Play Rough if you want to kill Dragon-types. Was that three sentences? I hope so.

:sv/great tusk:
don't stop the bud when it comes / it's the dawn, you'll see
YOU'LL FLEE @ Leftovers
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Spinner
- Rapid Spin
- Body Press

Physically defensive Great Tusk starts off the defensive core as a good utility piece to keep hazards off to facilitate Cinderace's wallbreaking potential. This is literally the set listed on the Strategy Dex, so I'll borrow some of hidin's writing (thank you in advance): Defensively, Great Tusk is a behemoth that is able to shrug off hits from threats like Mega Lopunny and Sneasler while providing the team with good utility options. Seems about right. It also forms an excellent defensive core with Corviknight, taking Electric-type attacks for it while having its Psychic and Fairy weaknesses sponged by the steel bird.

:sv/corviknight:
if you do that, I'll be sworn / to find you
IF YOU DO @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Pressure
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpD
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Defog
- U-turn
- Roost

Speaking of the devil, the big bad steel bird is here. adem, stop laughing self-righteously. Anyways, Corv completes the defensive core by being another hazard removal option that can take on threats like Tapu Lele and Iron Valiant in a pinch. U-turn is a great choice to ameliorate Corv's passiveness by bringing in a breaker of your choice. adem, you're also incorrect; this is the most useful Corv set in ND today. Deal with it.

:sv/tapu lele:
saw that day / lost my mind
LOST MY MIND @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
Tera Type: Psychic
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic / Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire] / Future Sight
- Focus Blast / Future Sight

At this point, the team was looking pretty good, but it had a few issues. Dragon-types shut down the two main wallbreakers, while there was no speed control or Fighting resistance. Tapu Lele solved all of these issues as well as being a rather good wallbreaking piece on its own despite the seeming lack of power from Scarf. I ran HP Fire + Focus Blast over Future Sight in order to target all viable Steel-types if need be, but Future Sight can be run viably over either. Psychic also provides better damage output in general, but you can run Psyshock to hit Blissey harder.

:sv/tyranitar-mega:
summer don't know me no more / he got mad, tiresome
SAW THAT DAY @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
Tera Type: Rock
EVs: 132 HP / 252 Atk / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Stealth Rock

Mega Tyranitar may seem like an offbeat pick at first glance, but it meshes perfectly on this team. At this point, I was satisfied with the team but wanted a reliable Psychic immunity and Flying resistance, Knock Off user, and Stealth Rocker, so I landed on Mega Tyranitar, which hit all the boxes and more. Mega Tyranitar functions well on this team as a special sponge, while racking up residual damage quickly with Knock Off, Pursuit, Stealth Rock, and Sandstorm chip. It also facilitates our wallbreakers by luring in unsuspecting Steel- and Water-types like Ferrothorn and Alomomola. It also completes another deadly offensive linkage with Tapu Lele and can easily remove annoyances like Galarian Slowking. Finally, it does really well into Stall teams, which Cinderace struggles into.
IV. Threatlist
Though the team functions well, there are bound to be things that can beat it. Here are a list of them.

:ogerpon-wellspring: High Threat Level
Wellspring can do very well into this team since its only Water resistance is, well, your own Wellspring. The key to this MU is forcing enough damage onto it in order to let Tapu Lele revenge kill it, or setting up your own Wellspring and winning the speed ties.

:booster energy: :iron valiant:High Threat Level
Booster Valiant is the one type of Valiant that this team does not enjoy facing. Specs sets can be scouted by Corviknight and Tapu Lele, but Booster + CM sets can quickly end games if not dealt with. The main route to deal with this set is through Terastallizing Corviknight and hitting Valiant with a Brave Bird, bringing it low enough to revenge kill it without dying yourself. Tera Steel variants 6-0, however.

Tera Steel + IDBP :Zamazenta:High Threat Level
Tera Steel Zama is particularly damaging because Tapu Lele has to predict the Tera and hit it accordingly. While Booster or Scarf Valiant has STAB Focus Blast, Lele's attacks bounce off Tera Steel, which is not great considering it beats the other members of my team.

:damp rock: Rain Medium Threat Level

Rain can be a pain to deal with, although Mega Tyranitar helps in that department. The issue is that Ogerpon-W gets walled by Archaludon, while Cinderace's threat level is significantly dampened now that it cannot click its best button. To win this MU, you need to position well, remove Archaludon, and back Ogerpon-W to win.

NP :tornadus-therian:
Medium Threat Level
Torn-T with its utility set is very easy to handle: although outspeeding both breakers is annoying, it has to choose between being Pursuit trapped by Tyranitar or getting taken advantage of by a prediction. NP sets, however, have two 70% chances to threaten the team. If it hits a Focus Blast on Tyranitar without burning its Z-Move, then the game is a massive struggle. If you can get it to burn Z on T-tar, though, then you can sack something and go to Tapu Lele to revenge kill it.

:medicham-mega:Medium Threat Level
Mega Medicham is a threat to this team because it can pick up a KO every time it comes in - however, it is very easily frightened out by any member of the offensive core and can be managed over the course of a game pretty easily unless it gets free switch-in opportunities.

:ursaluna:Medium Threat Level
Ursaluna is another strong wallbreaker, although it struggles for switch-in opportunities. Corv can handle it if it's not Fire Punch, but it can be a hassle if it is.

:gouging fire:Low Threat Level
Gouging Fire is the talk of the town right now, but it's pretty easily handled by Physically Defensive Tusk with Tera Water. If that's gone then it can turn into a pain, but it's not too bad for this team.

V. Replays
The Cinderace Showcase (vs. Sun)
vs. MolaLuna
vs. Roaring Moon Offense
vs. Amoonguss Balance

vs. Mega Latios Balance
vs. Iron Valiant + Mega T-tar Balance
VI. Shoutouts

VII. Outro
Life is valuable. Use it to the best of your ability. Farewell, and I'll see you all again soon.

Last edited:

Miyoko

Nature lover
is an official Team Rateris a Tiering Contributor
The last replays link is not replay, it is play. It opens showdown when u click it. I am talking abt the one vs Iron Val + M Ttar Balance. Please update that

Btw the team is cool and nice rmt mate. I really liked the team. This is the greatest return of the Cinderace after it was banned from ND UU. I will try this mon too. Gl for future rmts :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)