Elastic Collision

Shaq here, and with my currently favorite team of Gen 6. I threw this together back when Bank had just come to NA, and in fact it was built ingame with Pokemon I already had. After a few wifi battles, I took it to PS to test it more and improve it, so as to have a finalized team ingame (don't worry about whether I can obtain it or not; I can get anything suggested).

In Depth

Landorus-T @

Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 Spe

Earthquake | Stone Edge | Stealth Rock | U-turn

When constructing the team, I knew that I would need a physical wall of some sort (and specifically, opponents like Excadrill who annoy a majority of the team). Landorus-T is my go-to member when it comes to this, since it takes a majority of physical attacks easily with natural bulk and Intimidate. Landorus-T fills my number one requirement of Stealth Rock, and especially as a Pokemon that can repeatedly set it up. Stone Edge allows me to check Talonflame without depending on Rotom-W.

Landorus-T fits nicely into the mold of Volt-Turn alongside Rotom-W and Scizor, who each take some of Landorus-T's weaknesses, while Landorus-T helps them out with Intimidate (which, on top of Mega Scizor's bulk, is fantastic). Conkeldurr also likes Intimidate and U-turn support, which allows it to come in more easily and fire off a strong attack, as well as take on some of the threats Landorus-T fears.

Rotom-W @

Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 136 SAtk / 44 Spe

Volt Switch | Hydro Pump | Will-O-Wisp | Rest

While originally attempting to avoid using Rotom-W, battling proved that I needed it for my team. Although I personally preferred the Pain Split set, RestoChesto won out in successful victories. Rotom-W is my main check to Talonflame, but it also supports the team with Volt Switch, retaining offensive momentum. It also burns some problematic Pokemon (which turns useful with the odd Gastrodon), typically physical attackers, although it has been useful for Pokemon that are simply annoying without passive damage.

As said above, Landorus-T enjoys Rotom-W's company, as well as Scizor, who dislikes opposing bulky Water-types. Rotom-W's crippling of physical attackers leaves Conkeldurr to wreak havoc against special attackers without Psyshock and Sylveon to better tank hits. Being Water-type and having Will-O-Wisp makes prediction risky for Ground-types such as Garchomp and Excadrill to try and block Volt Switch.

Scizor @

Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
EVs: 248 HP / 152 Atk / 108 SDef

U-turn | Bullet Punch | Swords Dance | Roost
Scizor was the first Pokemon I added to the team, because I really wanted to try out Mega Scizor. The bulk increase has been incredibly useful, especially since I don't require as much defensive investment, allowing Attack to be higher. Originally using Bulky SD with Bug Bite, I switched to U-turn eventually because Scizor was simply too slow for me to sweep effectively unless I could spam Bullet Punch (given the higher speed has been very useful occasionally). Because of its massive bulk and the fact it still retains raw power, Scizor adds to the offensive pressure. Roost allows Scizor to act independently from Sylveon's healing, allowing it to continuously take hits. Swords Dance, as of late, has not been as useful, so I am considering switching to Superpower.

Along with its great bulk and power, Scizor fits into the team by supporting Conkeldurr, in that they each have some problems that the other takes care of. Conkeldurr also willingly takes any Will-O-Wisp coming Scizor's way, a majority of the time being from Rotom-W. Speaking of, Rotom-W, of course, takes on Scizor's major threats, such as Heatran and Talonflame. Scizor also helps out Latias by removing Fairy-types besides Azumarill and Mega Mawile, which Rotom-W handles just fine (through WoW).

Sylveon @

Ability: Pixilate
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Def / 12 Spe

Wish | Protect | Heal Bell | Hyper Voice

Once I found out that Sylveon could use Hyper Voice, I jumped right on board. Although both Umbreon and Vaporeon were decent Wish users, the power of Pixilate and Hyper Voice from a respectable base 110 SAtk had me sold. With maximum defensive investment, Sylveon starts taking nearly any unboosted attack. As a Fairy-type, it switches into Fighting-types, Dragon-types, and Dark-types with impunity, wiping them out with its Hyper Voice. The opponents can't even use Substitute since it bypasses them. Sylveon is an all around great Pokemon, and is already among my favorite Eeveelutions.

Sylveon, unfortunately, still has some weaknesses. With Steel and Poison now becoming more common, Sylveon has to play safe. Luckily, with Rotom-W, Scizor, and Landorus-T behind it, Sylveon has little problems. Latias also assists against the likes of Venusaur and takes on Mega Charizard Y easier (since it isn't weak to Solar Beam). Just about the entirety of the team loves Sylveon's Wishes, and Heal Bell removes any annoying status (outside of Conkeldurr, who wants to be afflicted).

Conkeldurr @

Ability: Guts
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
EVs: 252 Atk / 8 Def / 248 SDef

Drain Punch | Mach Punch | Knock Off | Ice Punch

When asking for some assistance in improving the team, I realized Conkeldurr was a perfect fit. I needed a Pokemon that not only had massive Attack, but the ability to take a special attack and retaliate accordingly. Conkeldurr does that and much more. It can absorb status, heal itself, use priority, and use Knock Off. Assault Vest allows it to tank any unboosted special attack other than Psyshock. Conkeldurr is my main check to Bisharp, who is awfully annoying without Conkeldurr.

Conkeldurr is a big player that holds the team together, but of course, its members also help it out. Rotom-W and Landorus-T help Conkeldurr take on physical threats, while Latias complements it. Scizor and Conkeldurr each take on threats for each other, with Scizor eliminating Fairy-types and Conkeldurr doing massive damage to Pokemon like Heatran and Gliscor (which can lose its Toxic Orb if the player isn't careful). Sylveon and Scizor take on the Latis, who can destroy Conkeldurr with Psyshock, and easily take most of their attacks.

Latias @

Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spe

Draco Meteor | Psyshock | Surf | Defog

Latias ties off the team by offering Dragon-type coverage, which, although riskier, is still a strong STAB to have. Although Latios boasts more power overall, I prefer the bulk of Latias. With Life Orb, Latias immediately starts KOing, something most people haven't seemed to adjust to. Psyshock is a consistent STAB attack that also nabs KOs on opposing Pokemon that are specially bulky, or just reliantly KO Keldeo and such. Surf gives an option for incoming Steel-types, more specifically Heatran. Finally, Defog is a last ditch effort to remove hazards which otherwise hurt my team's use of Volt-Turn. I did have Roost with Defog, but my lack of coverage in two moves was hurting my team.

Latias enjoys helping its teammates by taking out opponents such as other Dragon-types, who are typically slower. It also removes Fighting-types. Essentially, it is an offensive alternative to Sylveon. Latias also removes Venusaur, a major annoyance, especially as a Mega Evolution. This helps out Conkeldurr, which is walled outright by Mega Venusaur. Latias takes on Mega Charizard Y as well, which can be a problem in the sun. Latias is also my main check to Garchomp, which can break through my team with Swords Dance, or as a mixed Mega.

</team>
As I said from the start, this is my favorite team, and at its current point I feel a few more changes can be made before I set it in stone and move on. I'm proud that I was able to construct it not only quickly but efficiently as well. Importable is below, and you aren't required to use the nicknames, it's just my personal taste. Thanks for reading!

Code:
Justin Law (Scizor) (M) @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 152 Atk / 108 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Meguca (Sylveon) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Def / 12 Spd
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hyper Voice
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

Teika (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 Spd
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

Armstrong (Conkeldurr) (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 8 Def / 248 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch

!nF4m0u$ (Rotom-Wash) @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 136 SAtk / 44 Spd
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rest

Ikaros (Latias) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Defog
- Surf

Last edited:
I really like this team and I see no huge weaknesses. I would suggest running stone edge over knock off on Lando since Conkeldurr already has it.

Looks like an improvement from what you posted before on Tumblr. It looks like you added a bit more special bulk to your team, which is great.
I'm not going to say anything bad about Mega Scizor. Though I do think they're are better Mega Evolutions, if it's working out for you, then you obviously don't need to change it.

However, though it isn't common, it looks like specially offensive Aegislash could be a problem for you, so I might look into that.

Overall, it looks like a great team, and I don't see any major flaws with it, and it looks like you have a counter for almost every main threat in the OU tier.
Keep up the good work!

Thanks!
And yes, mixed Aegislash has been a little problematic (I haven't seen fully special in ages). I have to play around King's Shield, ensure it lacks Weakness Policy, figure out its third attack, and so on. Although if I can catch it switching into U-turn, Rotom-w can burn it after taking a little over 50%

I'd actually suggest using Thief on Mega Scizor for that Aegislash, but you don't really need it tbh.

Team looks great right now though. :)

I suggest that you use latios over latias to fit the role of an offensive defogger better than latias. With the evs and moves that you have, I think that is the role that you want.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)