ElectiPass! (RMT)

Well, I decided to build a different team, since the other team was kinda boring me. I decided to make a Baton Pass team, with Electivire as a recipient. I think he would be good since he makes a very viable Mixed Sweeper.

This is basically my team:

Team Building Process

Obviously, it should start with Electivire.

Every good Baton Pass team should start with a Speed Passer. I thought immediately of Ninjask, as he can shuffle between Protect and Substitute for a lot of turns, sub up, and then pass.

Smeargle is also a staple on all Baton Passing teams. As he can pass Ingrain, and also Spore, the most accurate Sleeping move. Spider Web is also useful on destroying Walls, effectively destroying the whole team.

I decided to use Drifblim. He can gain massive Subs, and be able to stall for a few turns while using Stockpile. That's a very nice pass, along with the Sub.

I need some offensive passers. I immediately thought of Mr. Mime, as he can also provide an additional SP.Def boost along with the SP.Atk boost from Calm Mind. Soundproof is also very important. It can be used when Smeargle Fails.

I searched for the last slot and thought of an Attack passer, and I saw Floatzel is the only Baton Passer that can pass Bulk Up. I needed Bulk-up as the only Attack Electivire has is Cross-Chop and I needed the extra Defense more than the extra attack.
EDIT: I decided Blaziken would be better, as it has more defense.

If the chain ends successfully, Electivire will have +6 Spe, +6 Def, +6 SpD, +3 Atk, +3 SpA, and finally Ingrain, or possibly a Sub.

This is my team in In-Depth:

Lead/Speed Passer

Ninjask @ Leftovers
Ability: Speed Boost
Nature: Careful
EVs: 248 HP / 184 Def / 68 Spe / 8 Spd
Moves: Baton Pass
Protect
Substiture
X-Scissor

I decided Ninjask was good for it's task. His ability allows me to go completely defensive with Protect and Substitute. After enough passes. I can go out and pass. In case of free turns, for example, on a Sub, the enemy goes out, I can use a decent STAB move.

Ingrain Passer

Smeargle @ Shed Shell
Ability: Own Tempo
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 96 HP / 120 Def / 252 Spe / 40 SpD
Spider Web
Spore
Ingrain

The next on the chain. Ingrain is an important move for any Baton Pass team, and he is the only one that can pass it. Spider Web is for any walls or stallers, and finally Spore is a very useful move to let it set up. It allows for at least 2 or 3 turns of set-up. By the end of the set-up, I can redo Spore to use for the next one.

SubPasser/Stockpile Passer

Drifblim @ Leftovers
Ability: Aftermath
Nature: Calm
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Spe / 80 SpD
Substitute
Stockpile
Hypnosis

For an NU Pokemon, Drifblim is a pretty useful Baton Passer. The main technique for this set would be to first setup Hypnosis, unless Spore was already set-up before by Smeargle. During sleep, I start Sub, and then Stockpile till the enemy wakes up, then either try to Stockpile again if I haven't reached 3 yet or just pass, I could also Hypnosis first.

Bulk Up Passer

Blaziken @ Leftovers
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Def / 176 SpD
Bulk Up
Substitute
Flare Blitz

Blaziken may be underrated, but he is very good as a passer for his rare ability to Baton Pass Bulk-Up. I need the extra defense more than the extra power in for Electivire, so I decided to use Blaziken instead of common Swords Dance passers. Flare Blitz is there in case I have to stop the chain short for any reason.

Calm Mind Passer/Perish Song Blocker

Mr. Mime @ Calm
Ability: Soundproof
Nature: Calm
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Spe / 40 SpA
Calm Mind
Encore
Energy Ball

Mr. Mime has an important Role in all Baton Pass teams, a Sound Blocker. He blocks Perish Song and Roar which stops Baton Pass teams in their tracks. If I Encore a support move, the enemy would be crippled after I Calm Mind three times, and Baton Pass into Electivire, there would still be time to spare, to attack for Electivire. Energy Ball in case the chain stops short.

Baton Pass Recipient/Mixed Sweeper

Electivire @ Expert Belt
Ability: Motor Drive
Nature: Mild
EVs: 112 HP / 144 Atk / 252 SpA
Moves: Thunderbolt
HP Ice
Flamethrower
Cross Chop

I adore MixVire. He has amazing type coverage, very good power, and can destroy most walls in the OU like Blissey, Foretress and other walls. He can kill the other team and he can also hit nearly all types for neutral damage. This works much better than a physical set, as most walls are physically defensive.

Any comments or suggestions?

I would use a repicient with more resist and more set up pressure because E-vire isn't that viably like a mixed Lucario.

You can try a vaporeon in place of Driblim as a check to Scizor because your passers don't like Scizor and Vappy can also make bulky subs, wish and Aid Armor, Spd boost does come from Mr Mime.
Sleep is a good point of Drifblim though.

Will Dragonite be a better recipient? I just feel MixVire is faster and has better type coverage which makes him a better sweeper. Although, I could run a similar set.

Dragonite @ Leftovers
Nature: Mild
Heat Wave/Flamethrower
Thunderbolt
Aqua Tail
Dragon Claw/Outrage/Draco Meteor

If I do use this set, which attacks should I use?

Dragonite has more bulk and use the attacks that don't miss, for the dragon move dragon claw because as your repicient you don't wanna lose power or be locked in Outrage.

You can keep E-vire as you wish but I think there are better sweepers out there.

Hey there, Taunt users absolutely destroy you. Taunt is a move that is not uncommon in this metagame. If a poke taunts your smeargle or your drifblim they will either struggle to death or you'll sacrafice all the boosts you have made. For a GOOD baton pass team to work, you should have at least one or two pokemon that can hit hard without needing to have a boost passed to them; two pokemon that work exceptionally well with boosts passed to them; and one or two pokemon that can pass quick boosts/subs. Relying on one pokemon to receive all the boosts is not good at all. Don't put all your eggs into one basket, I can't imagine this team being very successful, and it looks as if you either didn't put much thought into counters, or have never actually tested this team. Sorry if I sound harsh.

I think that I should not change the strategy, but rather, change the Pokemon for other Pokemon that can Baton Pass similar boosts yet still make fierce competition.

I might replace Mr. Mime with Espeon instead running this set.

Espeon @ Leftovers
Nature: Timid
Baton Pass
Wish
Calm Mind
Psychic

Espeon can self-boost itself if the chain breaks, still maintain good stats, and a decent STAB move to attack. She can also support team mates and herself with Wish.

Then for the Bulk-Up Passer, I could use Blaziken or Medicham, I think.

Medicham @ Leftovers
Baton Pass
Bulk Up
Recover
Hi-Jump Kick

Medicham has incredible Attack power and has access to healing moves, although it is rather Slow, still makes a formidable opponent after a few Bulk-Ups.

Blaziken @ Leftovers
Baton Pass
Bulk-Up
Blaze Kick
Substitute

Another choice and maybe better than Medicham because it has slightly more speed and has much more balanced stats. Blaze Kick lets me hit hard after a few Bulk Ups.

The main problem with changing Mr. Mime would be taking out Soundproof, but Perish Song is rarely seen anyways, and pHazing isn't a problem with Ingrain.

What does better speed on electravire matter when your +6? What'd going to outspeed you? Just run something that gets accurate moves. Nite works, but try for something without a x4 weakness.

There are some more possibilities, I think, but please stop recommending Lucario, I just don't wan't something that's so predictable.

MixAzelf @ Life Orb
Nature: Naive
Grass Knot
Ice Punch
Zen Headbutt
Flamethrower

MixKiss @ Life Orb
Nature: Naughty
ExtremeSpeed
Aura Sphere
Flamethrower
Roost

MixBlaziken @ Expert Belt
Nature: Rash
Flamethrower
Brick Break
ThunderPunch
HP Ice

hey, why not use swords dance on ninjask? x-scissor won't do anything important, and when behind a sub you can get that good attack pass

I just had a fun battle with this team in Shoddy.

Mr. Mime's special defence won't go higher!
Raindog used Calm Mind.
Raindog's special attack won't go higher!
Raindog's special defence won't go higher!
Mr. Mime absorbed nutrients with its roots!
Raindog's encore ended.

Mr. Mime used Encore.
Raindog got an encore!
Raindog used Calm Mind.

Mr. Mime used Baton Pass.
KingdomBlade switched in Floatzel (lvl 100 Floatzel ♂).
Raindog used Calm Mind.
Floatzel absorbed nutrients with its roots!

Floatzel used Bulk Up.
Floatzel's attack was raised.
Floatzel's defence was raised.
Raindog used Calm Mind.

Floatzel used Bulk Up.
Raindog used Calm Mind.

gunnels: btw, my connection isn't the greatest, so if I leave the room it's not because I rage quitted
gunnels: it's because my isp hates me
Floatzel used Bulk Up.
Raindog used Calm Mind.

Floatzel used Baton Pass.
KingdomBlade switched in Mr. Mime (lvl 100 Mr. Mime ♀).
Raindog used Calm Mind.

Mr. Mime used Calm Mind.
Mr. Mime's special attack won't go higher!
Raindog used Calm Mind.

Mr. Mime used Calm Mind.
Mr. Mime's special attack won't go higher!
Raindog used Calm Mind.
Raindog's encore ended.

Mr. Mime used Encore.
Raindog got an encore!
Raindog used Calm Mind.

KingdomBlade: sorry for stalling so much
gunnels: no problem
Mr. Mime used Baton Pass.
gunnels: I do that with my shuckle so much
KingdomBlade switched in Electivire (lvl 100 Electivire ♀).
Raindog used Calm Mind.
Electivire absorbed nutrients with its roots!

KingdomBlade: time for the sweep
gunnels: dear god
gunnels: I applaud you.
Electivire used Thunderbolt.
It's super effective!
Raindog lost 83% of its health.
Raindog used Calm Mind.
Raindog's leftovers restored its health a little!
Raindog restored 6% of its health.

It's super effective!
Raindog lost 23% of its health.
gunnels's Raindog fainted.

gunnels switched in Teehee (lvl 100 Snorlax ♀).
Electivire used Cross Chop.
It's super effective!
Teehee lost 100% of its health.
gunnels's Teehee fainted.

gunnels switched in Shuckle (lvl 100 Shuckle ♀).
A critical hit!
Shuckle lost 100% of its health.
gunnels's Shuckle fainted.

gunnels switched in Dugtrio (lvl 100 Dugtrio ♀).
Electivire used Hidden Power.
It's super effective!
Dugtrio lost 100% of its health.
gunnels's Dugtrio fainted.

gunnels switched in Porygonz (lvl 100 Porygonz).
It's super effective!
Porygonz lost 100% of its health.
gunnels's Porygonz fainted.

gunnels switched in Gengar (lvl 100 Gengar ♀).
gunnels: good game man
KingdomBlade: gg
Gengar lost 100% of its health.
gunnels's Gengar fainted.
KingdomBlade wins!

Also, to tawp46, it's cause it's been pretty handy since it's nice against a couple of leads, also, I already have Bulk Up.

Blaziken @ Leftovers
Baton Pass
Bulk-Up
Flare Blitz
Substitute

I decided to change Floatzel with Blaziken. I decided I need more defense since I already have Ninjask's boosts.

have you tried bibarel???? seriously, you only need to pass +3 boosts. smearlge can do this easily. trap with means look and yawn then BP (umbreon can do this). switch to smeargle. Dragon Dance and spore. Stockpile and spore. Do this 3 times for each. Then BP to Bibarel.

If you can always obtain a spider web trap, and a sleep with smeargle, then it might be a viable option to have an encore>baton pass>trick choice scarf/band/etc combo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)