ORAS OU Electivire in OU?

This team is really, really unorganized not gonna lie without really any thought going into poke synergy beforehand and trying to just work things out as we go along, basically, I just chose 6 pokes that I liked and tried to make them work together. Some of the movesets are just from smogon guides but I've also mixed and matched quite a bit, tell me what you think and what you think I should improve.

Weavile @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Brick Break
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off

Pretty straightforward set that can work at least semi well as a lead to try to get rid of as many pokes as it can before it dies or clean up due to Weavile's high speed as well as priority with ice shard. Focus sash ensures you can get at least one swords dance off but if you prefer you can go with a life orb instead, and brick break is just personal preference to get through light screen/reflect as well as OHKOing Bisharp unboosted but will not get through ferrothorn like low kick will, so that can be run as well.

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Dazzling Gleam

Standard paraflinch togekiss, used to stop sweeps mainly as it can tank pretty hefty physical hits as well. Also a great switch into just about any dragon type other than dragonite whose type coverage will probably still be able to at least 2HKO this

Electivire @ Choice Band
Ability: Motor Drive
Adamant Nature
- Wild Charge
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Ice Punch

Yeah, yeah, I know he's NU, but imo, he's one of the best wallbreakers in the game, and just one of my favorite pokes which is really why i put him on here, but hear me out. Nobody, NOBODY expects the fire and ice punches. He OHKOs landorus with ice punch and has a 50/50 chance to OHKO ferrothorn with fire punch, which gives him considerable versatility with this set, and really, just a huge surprise factor considering nobody uses him. I think that Assault Vest, Life Orb, or Expert Belt might even be better than Choice band as they all allow him to switch moves but all come with a decrease in power that is better avoided.

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Defog
- X-Scissor
- Superpower

I needed someone to get rid of hazards and someone to get rid of fairy types, scizor seemed like a good option. Also a great physical wall and good at taking down mega medicham. Not much to say here, could run u-turn instead of x scissor or perhaps roost for reliable recovery, as bug type dmg is covered by the next poke.

Yanmega @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Protect
- Bug Buzz
- Air Slash
- Giga Drain

Also just a personal preference poke that can net a lot of takedowns on pre-weakened pokes just due to how much dmg he does. Think this is almost exactly the smogon reccomended set, so not much to see here, but I find it generally useful particularly at late game sweeping, often being able to take down 3 or more pokes just by itself.

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- Crunch

Rounds out the set as a revenge killer and pursuit trapper, excellent at taking care of Talonflame, Latios/as, and charizard, as well as stab crunch just doing crazy damage for wallbreaking if needed. Standard smogon set here as well, so not a whole lot to see, but I'm open to suggestions of how to make it fit better with my team.

I don't have any hazards on my team because of how reliant my team is of not having hazards on the field and I hATE removing my own hazards with defog, and based on my experience, have a tough time with rotom-w in particular. I'm open to any and all suggestions, just please dont try to take away my electivire. I love it. Thanks!

Life orb is far more useful than a sash for Weavile, the power boost is considerable and sash doesn't really give you as many setup oppertunities as it seems. I would also run Low Kick > Brick Break if you make this change, IIRC it OHKOs Bisharp and makes Ferrothorn easier to KO. Again, I'd give Electivire a Life Orb, as his STAB + EQ are easily exploited when locked in. I really don't like fully offensive defog Scizor, I would use a Sand Ruch Excadrill with Rapid Spin, which also removes fairies, gives you a solid cleaner and pairs well with TTar. Speaking of which, I would now give it a smooth rock to extend sand for Excadrill and replace Superpower with Stealth Rock, which your team currently lacks. Without a scarf however, he is very slow, so I would put the speed EVs into HP and give him an adamant nature, so he is better equipped to deal with the Latis and Talonflame, who he isn't outspeeding without a scarf. As I have sugessted replacing your mega, I am going to say replace Yanmega with a Mega Venusaur. It might seem like an odd choice, however I notice a large weakness to Hippowdon, and to some extent variants of bulky SD Scizor, which can be hard checked/lured by Mega Venu, and it also helps somewhat with rotom-w, although doesn't enjoy having heth whittled away by WoW. Sets for Exca and MVenu are below:

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant/Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 192 HP / 252 SpA / 64 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power Fire
- Leech Seed
(EVs creep Rotoms creeping each other)
Hope I helped!

Last edited:
Hello

I get that you are trying to make electivire work in ou so I will try to change the team to make it as effective as possible with electivire with minimal changes.

Step 1:
-->

yanmega isnt the best especially without any form of hazard removal, and by making scizor a defog set you are wasting its offensive potential, by replacing it w/ starmie you now have a keldeo check a spinner and a water type to help with heatran which otherwise walls you.

Step 2:
-->

Heatran helps check zard x and somewhat check zard y, as well as giving you an answer to scizor. As you already have weavile I thought your team could benefit far more from heatran as Stealth Rocks are a must on all teams.

Step 3

Im putting these together because these are just set change recommendations. Scarf on Togekiss, life orb weavile, offensive sd bp super power roost scizor.
scarf togekiss allows you to lure in scizor with fire blast flinch mons like zard y with air slash and keep fast mons in check such as starmie, keldeo, latios, etc.

Weavile hits like paper without life orb that is why I recommend running life orb weavile with knock off low kick as it does more to heatran ttar and ferro etc icicle crash and ice shard. With this set weavile can check bisharp, and be an all around nuisance for offense teams especially after togekiss kills scizor with the lure fire blasts.

Scizor really appreciates having roost this move will make scizor get warn down more slowly and will allow for him to set up on more mons. Swords dance + bp allows for a nice late game sweep, and super power can kill magnezone, bisharp, and heatran, as well as damaging opposing scizors and hitting ferrothorn.

Togekiss @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Air Slash
- Fire Blast
- Dazzling Gleam

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 192 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Taunt
- Toxic

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 152 HP / 56 Atk / 152 Def / 88 SpD / 60 Spe
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Roost

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin
- Psyshock

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pickpocket
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Low Kick
- Ice Shard

Gl with the team, hope I could help

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)