• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1:the pokepast/versions
2:meat The Pokémon
3:roles
4:replays
5:conclusion
the Pokepast/versions
Let’s start off with the versions of the team first v1 (also I won’t be explaining the old versions of the team)
https://pokepast.es/aa91dcca7babc48b
:Tapu koko: :rotom-wash: :hawlucha: :kartana: :garchomp: :mew:
version 2 of the team
https://pokepast.es/efb67f709cbc81f6
:Tapu Koko: :zapdos: :hawlucha: :kartana: :garchomp: :mew:
here is version3
https://pokepast.es/cae2bed4e14fd366
:Tapu koko: :Rotom-wash: :hawlucha: :kartana: :garchomp: :volcanion:
personly my fav team version 4
https://pokepast.es/9aa3995de9f51fd3
:Tapu koko: :zapdos: :hawlucha: :kartana: :garchomp: :volcanion:

meat the pokemon
I’m gonna be doing this based on v4 of the team
:sm/tapu koko:
Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Grass Knot
why did I choose Tapu koko? I choose Tapu koko bc he could set electric terrain for my hawlucha
why did I choose the moves? Volt switch to switch into a pokemon to gain momentum thunderbolt for a powerful stab dazzling gleam for a powerful stab grass knot for a surprise move to lure ground water types
how important is he to the team? Well hes very important to the team he is there to set electric terrain for hawlucha my main sweeper I would recommend keeping him alive
:sm/zapdos:
Zapdos @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Static
EVs: 180 HP / 176 Def / 152 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Heat Wave
- Volt Switch
- Defog
- Roost
why did I choos zapdos? Well bc I’m building a electri/flying spam very weak to stealth rocks so I needed a defogger
why did I choose the moves? Heat wave to kill steels and chip them volt switch to well switch defog to remove hazards and roost to stay healthy
how improtanted is zapdos? Very important if it wasn’t for zapdos I would have lost a lot of games
:sm/hawlucha:
Hawlucha @ Electric Seed
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 Atk / 132 Def / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Acrobatics
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
why did I choose hawlucha?I choose hawlucha bc he works very well with Tapu koko and if played correctly it’s a fatal pokèmon
why did I choose its moves? First I choose 2 very powerful stabs close combat and acrobatics sd to become stronger and sub to lure lando and with a sub lando can’t do anything to hawlucha then you can set up and sweep
how important is hawlucha? Hawlucha is my main sweeper and yes he is very important
:sm/kartana:
Kartana @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sacred Sword
- Leaf Blade
- Smart Strike
- Knock Off
why did I choose kartana? I needed a late game cleaner karts fast and has a powerful attack stat and becomes powerful Quickly bc beast boost
why did I choose his moves? well Leaf blade and smart striKe for powerful stabs and knock for stab and sacret sword for coverage
how Important is kartana? Kartana is important but not super important
:sm/garchomp:
Garchomp @ Leftovers
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Scale Shot
- Fire Fang
why did I choose garchomp? I needed a electric imumity and garchomp is nice to have and it can be a sweeper
why did I choose its moves? I choose sd so I could boost and I choose scaleshot to gain speed and earth quake for a powerful stab and firefang for coverage
how important is garchomp? he’s good i rarely use him but he is very good in some situations
:sm/volcanion:
Volcanion @ Choice Specs
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 56 HP / 252 SpA / 200 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Steam Eruption
- Fire Blast/flamethrower
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
why did I choose volcanion? I needed a fire and water pokemon and I needed a wall breaker
why did I choose it’s moves? Steam eruption and fire blast for powerful stabs earth power and sludge wave for stabs
how important is volcanion? Well as my wall breaker he is very important to the team
roles
Tapu kokos roles: 1. terrain setter 2.stall breaker 3.pivot
zapdos roles: 1.wall 2.defogger
hawlucha roles: 1. Sweeper 2. Speed control
kartana roles: 1. cleaner 2. Speed control 3. Pivot
garchomp roles: 1. surprize sweeper 2.Wall breaker
volcanion roles: 1. Wall breaker

replays
sorry about the low elo game play I forgot my main accounts password
game 1
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1703125075-ujv4j0ptku062n6skqagnchygxqe2gapw
game 2
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1703131098-speh4jlb2ue5spc6mq4jlriiy8fpex6pw
game 3
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1703131724-3jbm6ke7xepm48hh7hwafuwmcwuopn7pw
game 4
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1703134840-0eaoug49iojhcefuu1lfokebkhhi151pw
game 5
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1703136366-7636zgz6dn56r3o8l7tee20h0u8h3v2pw

conclusion
personally this is my best team I’ve built so far it’s fun we’ll built and smooth it’s not gimmicky and it’s a reliable team feel free to give me some feed back

Last edited:

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
RMT Leader
Hey Max,

Since you asked me to rate your team I'll go right ahead and tell you what I think.

First I'll be breaking down your threats / what Pokemon I think might be bothersome to this team.

From a speed perspective Hawlucha will cover a good chunk of the speed tier if brought out in the right conditions.

Nothing on this team resists ghost so I think Blacephalon and Dragapult will wreck havoc since there's nothing on this team that can switch in on a Shadow Ball, especially a choice specs variant. Once Kartana goes down and Koko is on 70-80% health I think Weavile (Swords Dance variant) will break this entire team.

252+ Atk Life Orb Weavile Ice Shard vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Hawlucha: 226-268 (76 - 90.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Weavile Ice Shard vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tapu Koko: 203-239 (72.2 - 85%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
If it's Swords Dancing, nothing on the team can take on Weavile aside from Kartana, obviously it will OHKO Hawlucha with +2 Shard. It would be wise to keep Tapu Koko and Kartana in high health so it can check Weavile (If you see it in team preview).

Lastly I think rain teams can be an issue especially the (Seismitoad + Barraskweda combo) will break through Volcanion regardless of Water Absorb it can only handle so much from Earth Power / EQ from Toad.
---------

Recommendations:

I think Tapu Koko should be your defogger and Zapdos should get replaced by my suggestion. Tapu Kokos set will provide Roost like Zapdos, but also will allow you to pivot and still be a speed check for a lot of Pokémon, it won't hit the same as the choice specs variant but at this point I don't think it's important because of the other sweepers on the team. (Also the need of keeping it for Hawlucha to setup)
1667632846592.png

Tapu Koko @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Dazzling Gleam
- Defog
- Roost
As a weather check (not a counter) and also to take care of Blacephalon and Dragapult Shadow Ball spam I will recommend Tyranitar. It adds a good special defensive bulk to sponge up some attacks as well as setting up Stealth Rock which this team is currently missing.
1667633213982.png

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Thunder Wave

This set will provide a lot bulk, as well as inducing status on other Pokémon to assist in speed control as well getting some free turns on paralysis luck. Rock Blast will also help beat substitutes hit flying types and provide a strong stab move (if it hits a sufficient amount). Earthquake is to cover Steel types and hit things neutrally.

For Hawlucha I would change the EV spread ever so slightly to out-speed other Hawluchas. I would recommend: 252 Atk /128 SpD / 128 Spe

Based what I said about Weavile's threat in general I don't think it gets much better then Scarf Kartana, so I won't recommend a change in this situation, especially to have more speed control on the two ghost types above.

Garchomp works well from a sweeper perspective as well as providing electric immunity. I was going to recommend Dragonite for Garchomp just to provide extra resistance to rain teams, but that would have to mean Volc would have to also be replaced by Gastrodon but I don't want to recommend too much changes to turn this team from Offensive to Balanced (I want it to keep it's foundation).

Garchomp should definitely have either Lum Berry / Life Orb depending on your play style, but I would personally go with Life Orb just since the team itself needs a hard hitter (in the current build).

Lastly, I don't get Volcanion's EV set, it will get outspeed by a lot of Pokémon and this isn't a trick room team so I don't think it's being used to it's full potential since it'll always get outsped. I will recommend EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe Timid Nature which will allow you to outspeed things like Modest Heatran, Adamant Bisharp, and Adamant Dragonite.

Good luck in the future with this team and I hope some of my suggestions are helpful.

Last edited:
First of all I don’t think ghost types destroy my team I have choice scarf kartana with knock of 1 shots both off them and out speeds both of them but thanks for the rate i changed a few of the sets as you said i Should
also what could I replace zapdos with

Last edited:
First of all I don’t think ghost types destroy my team I have choice scarf kartana with knock of 1 shots both off them and out speeds both of them but thanks for the rate i changed a few of the sets as you said i Should
also what could I replace zapdos with
the thing is , you cannot safely switch in kartana on either blace or draco since both of their choice specs variant ohko with shadow ball . Yes they cannot 1v1 kartana , but in a ou match , they can switch in on something like zap and start throwing of shadow balls and then switch out every time they get a ko

the thing is , you cannot safely switch in kartana on either blace or draco since both of their choice specs variant ohko with shadow ball . Yes they cannot 1v1 kartana , but in a ou match , they can switch in on something like zap and start throwing of shadow balls and then switch out every time they get a ko
I userly sack a mon in that situation
like my zapdos

point still stands ghosts will most likely come in kill something, switch out into a kartana check (which a lot of the time are the birds who can force kart out and click u-turn to once again pivot into the ghosts who then pickup a ko, that being said the birds will get heavily chipped by kart in the process)

Giyu

Tomioka
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon
I userly sack a mon in that situation
like my zapdos
You sacrifice your Zapdos, then what? You are unable to make progress if they repeatedly wall your Kartana and pivot into their Ghost-type, in fact the person making progress will be your opponent since they are forcing you to sacrifice your Pokemon one by one until your inevitable demise. Due to this fact, you should really take AndViet's advice and use Tyranitar.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)