SM OU Electric Terrain and Hitmonlee

Hello guys, today I would just like to show this team and get some reviews on it, the team I made is kind of based around the Pokemon, Hitmonlee, which is a Pokemon you rarely find in the OU meta, anyway here is the team=

The Big Shrimp (Gyarados-Mega) @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Substitute

Gyarados is a very good set up sweeper and works very well behind dual screens, with Light Screen and Reflect up it can mostly get a guaranteed Substitute up without getting it destroyed unless there's very powerful super effective moves hitting it. I run Jolly nature on this so that when its at +1 Speed it can outspeed things like Tapu Koko, Choice Scarf Landorus, and any other Pokemon that can reach high speeds with a Scarf or something. It has Dragon Dance to set up, Substitute to block Leech Seed, Will O Wisp etc and to make use of the dual screen bulk, Crunch and Waterfall as its powerful Stabs and main attacking moves.

Dancing Battery (Tapu Koko) @ Light Clay
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- U-turn

Tapu Koko is the lead Pokemon of the team and is the dual screen setter. It has Light Clay to extend screens duration which is a very important Item to have for a dual screen setter. I'm running Jolly nature on this as well because of U-Turn, I did think about running Volt Switch instead with a Timid nature but, I prefer U-Turn. This Pokemon also carries Taunt to stop any hazard lead Pokemon like Skarmory, Ferrothorn, and to also stop things like Trick Room users from setting up Trick Room, and of course we know by now why it has dual screens, so thats Tapu Koko right there and its one of my favourite lead Pokemon.

Bruce Lee (Hitmonlee) @ Electric Seed
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 Atk / 176 SpD / 80 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Close Combat
- Poison Jab
- Earthquake

Here's the main Pokemon and the main goal of the team, to bring this Pokemon in behind both screens and to activate its Electric Seed. Hitmonlee is like another Hawlucha except I prefer to use this Pokemon over Hawlucha because, I think Hitmonlee has better coverage and it has a better main Stab move than Hawlucha because Close Combat has decent Power, decent Accuracy and sure does some good damage. So for the EV spread I am running 252 in the Attack for max damage, 176 in Special Defense so that it can take Special hits a bit more, and the rest 80 in Speed. Now for the moveset, Bulk Up is for a +1 Attack boost and it can also give +2 Defense after Electric Seed which really helps it bulk Physical hits, Close Combat is its main Stab and main move to score the K.Os, Poison Jab is some nice cover for Fairies, Tapus, general coverage, and can hit Clefable really hard at +1 Attack but watch out if it has Unaware. And finally Earthquake helps against Toxapex and general Poison types since Poison walls Hitmonlee's Close Combat and its Poison Jab.

Zappy (Zeraora) @ Life Orb
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Fire Punch
- Close Combat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Zeraora is a nice Pokemon I thought I might add on to the team because with the Electric Terrain up, Zeraora can inflict some serious damage with Terrain Boosted Plasma Fists with also a Life Orb as the cherry top to boost it even more. Zeraora can sometimes knock the opponent of guard when they think to switch in something that resists Electric types because even resisted hits can still do some damage with Terrain and Life Orb boosted Plasma Fists but just watch out if they switch in a Ground type, if you make your play right and predict something like Landorus, Zygarde or Garchomp to come in, just go for that Life Orb boosted Hidden Power Ice to pull off some damage. Fire Punch and Close Combat are just general coverage moves.

Mr Over Used (Landorus-Therian) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Rock Tomb

Landorus Therian is just a must to have on most of most OU teams, fits very well, hits hard and is very good at supporting the team. Choice Scarf Landorus is generally my favourite Landorus set since I've had most experience with this set and its saved me a few times back in Gen 6 and still does in Gen 7. I think we all know why Landorus runs U-Turn and Earthquake so I'll skip explaining them, I run Rock Tomb on this however because it does help against Flying types and hits them harder than Hidden Power Ice and also helps against Charizard switch ins. Hidden Power Ice is just coverage for those horrible 1v1 situations against other Landorus, Zygarde, Garchomp and just again, good coverage.

Princess Mage (Magearna) @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Shift Gear
- Focus Blast

And the last Pokemon, Magearna. Magearna is one of the best OU Pokemon I have used in Gen 7, it has decent stats, a nice movepool and helps in some situations. This Magearna however has no Stab moves because I feel that they are just too predictable and some of the OU meta can wall this Pokemon's Stabs like, Toxapex, Heatran, Celesteela, Ferrothorn and any other general Steel types. I am running Thunderbolt and Ice Beam because they provide some really good coverage especially when you predict a Landorus switch or a Zygarde, Ice Beam really does come in handy. Thunderbolt helps against Toxapex, Skarmory, and anything else that can wall its Stabs. Shift Gear is for a nice +2 Speed boost so that it can outspeed a lot of Pokemon and Scarfers and get it into sweep mode. Focus Blast with Fightinium Z does surprisingly a lot of damage and really helps against those Heatrans, if you get into a situation where you switch Magearna into something that it resists and you predict a Heatran switch, the best thing to do is go for a Shift Gear to get +2 Speed and then if they do bring it in, go for that Z-Focus Blast All Out Pummeling and score that K.O on the Heatran and gain the +1 Special Attack boost from Soul-Heart. So thats the Magearna and this Pokemon works very good with this team.

So thats the team, if you have any thoughts on the team just leave a reply and share your opinion, if you think of anything that can improve the team just share it in the reply. Have a nice day

Hi
Thund3rz3nny.
First of all, I recommend replacing Mega-Gyarados Substitute with Taunt, since it offers protection to the toxic Toxapex toxicant and you can booste easily since you will not have anything to do.

And finally I recommend you change Hitmonlee Close Combat with High Jump Kick,Because you do not download statistics and therefore you should not be so worried about the Bulk Up, I understand that you do not like it, because it has that stupid probability of failing
that can take you away from Hitmonlee, but it is a risk that is worth it.

PD: I'm sorry if I have an error, I'm Latin American and I do not speak English very well :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)