SS Doubles OU Electroboiz

Yo! Welcome to my OU Double Rate My Team for Electroboiz!

The team comp started with the awesome combo of :Zeraora: & :Toxtricity: due to the combined ability of Plasmafists transforming Boomburst into an electric type move (healing Zeraora and damaging both opposing mons)!

I decided to try to build on this sweeping duo and provide them with some great support! So next up we added :Zeraora: :Toxtricity: :Pincurchin: as this mon makes a great lead with its Electric Surge ability which makes all electric moves get a 1.5x bonus and prevents pokemon from being put to sleep! This means that I do not need to run the typical choiced items on Zeraora & Toxtricity to buff their damage and can instead go for items that allow me more versatility.

To follow up with the addition of the terrain I wanted to add another electric type pokemon who would take advantage of this as well as something who can help Pinurchin as a lead. I decided to go with :Zeraora: :Toxtricity: :Pincurchin: :Togedemaru: who has a great lead move pool with two options to slow the opposing mons and fake out to get in some extra damage.

Now because my team is quite weak to ground types I knew that I needed a flying mon to counter it. I decided to go with the trusty :Zeraora: :Toxtricity: :Pincurchin: :Togedemaru: :Corviknight: This mon works wonders for my team as a great secondary partner for Toxtricity! Due to it's steel typing I am now free to spam Sludge Wave at the opposing mons without reprecussion and it is a great doulbe answer to ground types. Corviknight also helps out the Punk Rocker with the move Tailwind which makes up for his lack luster speed!

Finally I wanted another lead option that I could pair with either of my current leads and help pressure grass types that resist all my electric pokemon. :Zeraora: :Toxtricity: :Pincurchin: :Togedemaru: :Corviknight: :Incineroar: is of course the perfect pokemon! With his intimidate and parting shot he can great set my frail sweepers up as well as work with my bulkier pokemon to give them some extra time to due chip damage.

Ok so that is the team building process, now let's check out the moves sets!

:Pincurchin:
Zordon (Pincurchin) @ Terrain Extender
Ability: Electric Surge
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Toxic Spikes
- Recover
- Zing Zap

One of my leads and the most important mon due to it's abiltiy to give all of my electric types 1.5 damage on their attacks. This mon may be slow, but it's decently strong and has enough bulk to live most hits. Sucker Punch is a great move to make up for Pincurchin's low speed and can punish mons like Dragapult. Toxic Spikes provides some necessary chip damage to incoming mons. Recover is good in the wall vs wall battle. Zing Zap is his stab and main damaging attack. Terrain Extender is very important to keep the electric terrain out as long as possible.

:Zeraora:
Yellow Ranger (Zeraora) @ Life Orb
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Plasma Fists
- Knock Off
- Fire Punch

One of the sweepers of the team and one of the fastest mons in the game with an incredible 423 speed! I gave Zera life orb over choice band or magnet/expert belt so I can use a stronger Fake Out before going for Plasma Fists if the opponent has one passive pokemon out and one aggro pokemon out. Plasma Fists is his key stab and the move that transforms Normal Type moves into electric types to combo with. Knock off is there in case there is a super bulky mon you are trying to chip as well as to kill the strong ghost and psychic types running around that tend to be frail and can often one shot Toxtricity. Finally Fire Punch is used to counter the Grass Types that resist him or bulky steel pokemon especially Ferrothorn.

:Toxtricity:
Pink Ranger (Toxtricity) (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Punk Rock
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Boomburst
- Overdrive
- Sludge Wave
- Sludge Bomb

The other sweeper of the team, being the main wallbreaker. Toxtricity's ability provides all his Sound Moves a 1.3x just as a life orb would! So instead of giving him even more damage I decided on giving him Assault Vest to provide a little more bulk as he can be frail. Boomburst is the main move used with Plasma Fists getting a boost from the electric typing, the electric terrain, and the Punk Rock ability. Overdrive is great as a STAB in case you cannot or do not want to go for Plasma Fists before hand as it is a similar attack to Boomburst. Sludge Wave is a combo for the two Steel-Types on the team and m e l t s grass and fairies. Similarly, Sludge Bomb is just a stronger version if you want to specifically target one Pokemon.

:Togedemaru:
White Ranger (Togedemaru) (F) @ Magnet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Electroweb
- Fake Out
- Nuzzle
- Zing Zap

My other lead. Togedemaru is a master of slowing the opposing pokemon and providing chip damage to them. Electroweb hits both opposing mons and slow them by 1 tier. Fake Out provides chip damage. Nuzzle will always paralyze and does some chip damage. Finally Zing Zap is this mon's main STAB and can potentially flinch!

:Corviknight:
Black Ranger (Corviknight) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Mirror Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Iron Defense
- Body Press
- Roost
- Tailwind

A wall that the team needs against ground types. I am using the ability "Mirror Armor" here as there are a lot of stat dropping moves and abilities running around in doubles. Corviknight also acts as a potentially set-up sweeper with the move Iron Defense. As it provides +2 to defense and acts as a swords dance with the move Body Press. Roost is the much needed recovery as Corviknight is a wall. Finally, Tailwind is there to set-up for a pokemon partner or even itself to sweep with a 2x speed for 4 turns.

:Incineroar:
Red Ranger (Incineroar) (M) @ Figy Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Parting Shot
- Flare Blitz
- Fake Out
- Taunt

Last, but certainly not least, Incineroar acts as a pivot/secondary lead. With "Intimidate" this mon helps the overall low bulk of the team. Parting Shot is the pivot move that also lowers a foe's attack and special attack helping you get in a sweeper who will now essentially be more bulky or a Corviknight who essentially now has both defense and special defense invested. Flair Blitz is melts annoying grass, ice and steel types that might try something funny on all of our electric friends (as grass resists, ice tends to be quite fast and strong, as steel bulky). Fake Out provides chip damage and can allow a turn of free damage if you lead with Roar and Toge, as you can double fake out! Or also guarantee a paralyze with Roar using fake out and Toge using nuzzle. Finally, I added Taunt for an all around strong lead move in the doubles meta-game.

Importable:
https://pokepast.es/b88adf6d7d8e1b6d

Threats:
:Excadrill: & :Tyranitar: due to the speed plus ground combo --> Corviknight is important here as well as a Incineroar intimidate

:Hatterine: can be rough as it's trick room screws over the sweepers and mystical fire can damage Corviknight (though mirror armor prevents the fire from continously damaging it) she can also do some heavy damage to Toxtricity if not one shot him with a psychic move. Make sure to take her out before trying to do anything cheeky.

:Indeedee-F: :Rillaboom: can be annoying with their terrain so make sure to keep Pincurchin in the back to swap in afterwards when possible. The good thing is that you do not rely on electric terrain to sweep, but it does provide a great deal of help! Thankfully Neither are great at dealing with Incinderoar & Corviknight.

:Zeraora: an opposing one of these can provide some pain due to it's volt absorb ability, thankfully Toxtricity and Incineroar can likely duel it and come out with a trade in all likely-hood.

Well, that's the Elctroboiz Team! Let me know your thought on possible improvement or just "wow all those move combo's are stick brutha!" Maybe some potential future proofing would be cool <3

Yellow Paint

working as intended
is a Top Tutoris a Top Team Rateris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
B101 Leader
Hi! As I've tested Pincurchin quite a bit myself, I thought I'd point out a few things.

In gen 8, Terrain gives a 1.3x boost, not 1.5x. It's a shame, but a nerf is a nerf.

Especially with HA Rillaboom released now, you're not going to get much mileage out of terrain extender. I recommend choice band, max attack, with self-destruct over recover, so you do things like kill Dragapult with sucker or actually damage things through intimidate. Also, if you weren't aware, one tspike is better than two, as regular poison outdamages toxic for the first 3 turns and requires 1 less turn of setup.

I think you should cut Togedemaru. It's honestly rather underwhelming as a support mon, and you already have double fake out and it doesn't really add much besides stacking bad matchups. What about clangorous soul Kommo-o? It has a significantly better sand matchup and gives you something to do next to your fake out mons. Set would be clang soul/clang scales/aura sphere/protect. If you really wanna lean into the plasma fists gimmick, you can run boomburst over protect. Other replacements include flash cannon or flamethrower to hit some mons that otherwise wall you.

Have you tried expert belt or assault vest Zera? Taking lo recoil from fake out or a weak hit actually takes quite a bit of your bulk away and reveals your item. Expert belt gets the relevant offensive benchmarks, while assault vest is enough for Zera to reliably cycle fake out + volt switch.

On Toxtricity, run volt switch over sludge wave. With one less steel, you really can't reliably click sludge wave without hitting allies, but I wouldn't recommend using it with two steels, regardless.

Why is the Incin so blazing fast? It doesn't have attack invest, so going first isn't that useful, and you're taking away valuable bulk. I don't remember what Impish EVs: 248 HP / 124 Def / 100 SpD / 36 Spe does, but I'm pretty sure it's not a bad spread.

Other than that, team looks fun, and it's great to see more DOU teams posted here. Have a nice day!

Hi! As I've tested Pincurchin quite a bit myself, I thought I'd point out a few things.

In gen 8, Terrain gives a 1.3x boost, not 1.5x. It's a shame, but a nerf is a nerf.

Especially with HA Rillaboom released now, you're not going to get much mileage out of terrain extender. I recommend choice band, max attack, with self-destruct over recover, so you do things like kill Dragapult with sucker or actually damage things through intimidate. Also, if you weren't aware, one tspike is better than two, as regular poison outdamages toxic for the first 3 turns and requires 1 less turn of setup.

I think you should cut Togedemaru. It's honestly rather underwhelming as a support mon, and you already have double fake out and it doesn't really add much besides stacking bad matchups. What about clangorous soul Kommo-o? It has a significantly better sand matchup and gives you something to do next to your fake out mons. Set would be clang soul/clang scales/aura sphere/protect. If you really wanna lean into the plasma fists gimmick, you can run boomburst over protect. Other replacements include flash cannon or flamethrower to hit some mons that otherwise wall you.

Have you tried expert belt or assault vest Zera? Taking lo recoil from fake out or a weak hit actually takes quite a bit of your bulk away and reveals your item. Expert belt gets the relevant offensive benchmarks, while assault vest is enough for Zera to reliably cycle fake out + volt switch.

On Toxtricity, run volt switch over sludge wave. With one less steel, you really can't reliably click sludge wave without hitting allies, but I wouldn't recommend using it with two steels, regardless.

Why is the Incin so blazing fast? It doesn't have attack invest, so going first isn't that useful, and you're taking away valuable bulk. I don't remember what Impish EVs: 248 HP / 124 Def / 100 SpD / 36 Spe does, but I'm pretty sure it's not a bad spread.

Other than that, team looks fun, and it's great to see more DOU teams posted here. Have a nice day!
ah thanks for the info on the terrain! Didn’t realize that it was 1.3x now xD

Choice band is very interesting for Pincurchin I played against someone with self destruct on it and i thought that idea was cool

Yes I have actually been testing out Gyarados > Togedemaru as a partner to Incineroar/Corviknight! It’s been working out very well so far as Gyarados is weak to electric and is another ground immunity so he’s really good paired with the 3 electric types I still have.

We totally agree on Toxic Spikes. I really prefer using toxic spikes one time > two as it takes time (3 turns to be equalfor badly poisoned to be stronger than regular poisoned and I have a good amount of strong Pokemon. If I was using a stall wall team I would go for two.

I have not tried Expert Belt/AV on Zeraora! I think life orb > expert belt so far since he is a frail mon already and since he is the fastest in the meta I believe AV is less useful than more damage, but I could be wrong haha. I think it a worth a try. Thanks :)

Kommo-o is another interesting option. I think that could be cool as well. I’ll have to play test it too :p

Yeah I have been thinking of taking one poison move off Toxtricity. Perhaps volt-switch would be good. Thank you!

I have also been testing SpD incineroar! Good so far with the double intimidate on him + Gyarados. I had speed initially because of Taunt! Idk what I will do as an end result... I think both can work so far...

I really appreciate all the feedback! Loving DOUs so far! Imma be making some more fun teams once I perfect this one :D

Update:
ok here is the updated team after some testing, now named: Electro Rangers (as their color palate matches season 1 of Power Rangers & the team is a balanced diverse build)

:Pincurchin: :Zeraora: :Toxtricity: :Gyarados: :Corviknight: :Incineroar:
https://pokepast.es/5ca2a34941033000

Reasons for Changes:
I do like Kommo-o, but I think he would be a good replacement for Toxtricity instead of another support mon. So I will need to test that. I like the extra attack on Pincurchin, but not the choice as toxic spikes seems extremely important in the double meta game so far due to all the set up teams. Therefore I decided on Life Orb and max attack EV investment on it.

I also realized that Choice Scarf on Toxtricity still means that it is slower than Zeraora so I traded the Assault Vest of Choice Scarf on him. I also put on Volt-Switch > Sludge Bomb so I can pivot into a wall which is extra helpful for pressure against the opposing team especially now that Tox is scarfed.

I also moved Incineroar's EVs around so that he is bulky, BUT +1 speed faster than Gyarados so that I can have Gyarados use Earthquake and I can pivot out with Parting Shot before that happens to Corviknighty.

I took Fake Out off of Zeraora as I found that Play Rough can be better in situations while Fake Out was really only being used in this case for a bit of extra damage. I did find Fake Out to be better combined with Kommo-O!

Finally I swapped Togedemaru for Gyarados! This gives the team an extra immunity to ground + gives the team a double intimidate core allowing me to go SpD in all my walls. He also has roar so I can get rid of mons that try to set up on me.

notes:
- I found that set-up Corviknight can really really pressure a lot of teams with Tailwind + Iron defense.
- I found that toxic spikes are extremely important to set up turn one if you believe your opponent can any sort of set-up team
- I found that double intimidate core > more damage as it hard counters any physical mon without the ability "Defiant" and it work great with the double pivot ability of Volt-Switch + Parting Shot.
- Kommo-o can be a suitable replacement for Toxtricity!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)