Ability: Defiant
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

My Kingambit is really speedy compared to what I use in SV OU. It is solely this way so I can outrun anything with similar speed and bulk and achieve a Knock Off before getting KO'd. Also, it's hard for me to make a team that gets opposing setup sweepers under control if I don't run something with Priority.

Sapphire Varia (Iron Valiant) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Quark Drive
Happiness: 30
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Thunderbolt
- Aura Sphere
- Trick

Word "Varia" comes from Metroid and is meant to attempt to make people think I am not Specs. I typically find Booster Energy more reliable, but I have good Speed on this team already, in the form of Torn-T, D-Pult, and a Priority Move. No Shadow Ball as Gholdengo hasn't been an issue to be so far, with me having many other Pokemon that keep it away.

Endangered (Tornadus-Therian) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
Happiness: 40
Tera Type: Ground
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Bleakwind Storm
- Grass Knot
- Sludge Wave

Tornadus is here because I asked for some offensive cores, and was told to try about Kingambit plus Tornadus . It didn't make any sense to me, but the Speed helps me out, so I kept and played with it. Name "Endangered" is used due to there being a large list of species of beautiful birds that have gone extinct due to predation from other birds and from canines and felines injuring tons of already endangered species - which still happens today. Tera Ground is here so I can take a hit from Tapu Koko and Sludge Wave in return.

Impermanence (Charizard-Mega-Y) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
Happiness: 10
Timid Nature
- Scorching Sands
- Overheat
- Solar Beam
- Weather Ball

ZardY is capable of eliminating many entire opposing teams by itself, but fails to do so in the mid-high ladder. However, the true reason I added this is because I needed a way to check opposing weather teams and have the durability to survive opposing ZardY. In may be possible to eliminate one of Overheat & Weather Ball, but even if I do, I can't think of anything more useful than a reliable Weather Ball or a nuke Overheat. This is the Pokemon I am the most doubtful about on this team, as it tends to be either really good or really bad in every game, yet I have trouble removing it because I don't want to lose the ease of having a Mega and also don't want to struggle against Drizzle Pelipper + 2 Swift Swim users.

Photon Thrasher (Great Tusk) @ Leftovers
Ability: Protosynthesis
Happiness: 170
Tera Type: Fighting
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Spinner

I don't recall why this is here but it spins and handles opposing Great Tusk & Iron Treads. Protosynthesis with ZardY doesn't go off too often. Tera could potentially be anything, but I wanted to erase my Grass and Water weaknesses while getting more offense, so I think Fighting was the best pick.

Weather's Habitat (Dragapult) @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Infiltrator
Happiness: 240
Tera Type: Dragon
Jolly Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Dragon Darts
- Phantom Force
- Dragon Dance

Z-Move Dragapult is capable of removing so many kinds of opposing Pokemon. This is one of the most useful Pokemon on the team, and clears the way for an Iron Valiant sweep. Tera Dragon helps me out against Gholdengo, and I haven't tried Tera Ghost due to getting the KO's I want from Never Ending Nightmare already.

Tapu Koko is a bit of a threat towards my team, since Mega Evolutions cannot Terastalize. In particular, Tapu Koko's Electric Terrain that triggers one or more opposing abilities with good maneuvering is a true threat, such as when my Z-Move fails to hit something important or I fail to hit Tapu Koko itself.
Part of the reason I do not climb higher than 1400, also during a play session I wind up always having to go AFK and dropping several games. That and PS disconnects me without telling me I am disconnected.

One thing I did not test is replacing Torn T with Pelipper and ZardY with Mega Scizor. I have not done this for two reasons: First, it means I break up the Kingambit and TornT "offensive core" which was given to start this team. I am not sure if it is a core but it worked so far. Second, Mega Scizor and Kingambit do similar things.

god I get swept by Nihilego and M-Diancie. Rock offense is a much bigger issue than Tapu Koko than I realized. Because of this I have changed ZardY into Bulky ZardX until we can think of something better. The ZardX has 108 Speed to outpace Tapu Koko after a DD, and 168 HP / 212 SpD to survive 176 SpA Nihilego's Meteor Beam or whatever I saw the default as more often than not.

Miyoko

Nature lover
is an official Team Rateris a Tiering Contributor
Hi there! I am here to help you with this team. Your team looks pretty fine but if we make some changes then it can be better.

Major Threats :
First of all as you have mentioned, you are facing problems with :nihilego: and :diancie-mega: so you are always required to use a Pokemon that can out speed.

Some Changes :
:Venusaur: > :tornadus-therian:
Because as you have mentioned you have problems with the rock mons, so you can always run Earth Power + Giga drain set on Venusaur. It learns growth to make itself even stronger sweeper.
2. Substitute / Flamethrower > Will-O-Wisp on :dragapult:
Because you always need to protect your mon first. Kingambit on opposing team is always an issue. So you can use flamethrower to counter it (after sun boost). Substitute to avoid status.
3. :Black glasses: > :Focus Sash: on :kingambit:
Kingambit is a strong sweeper. It's a strong mon both offensively and defensively. So I don't think you need a sash on this pokemon.
4. Roost > Overheat on :charizard-mega-Y:
The standard Charizard set is fine for it.

Conclusion :
After all your team was pretty fine. After the changes the team may work better.
https://pokepast.es/767690cf60ee1e58
Hope you will like my changes and let me know if you have any questions. Thank You.

:xy/mew: Bye :xy/mew:

I think the advice to revert to ZardY and bring in a Chlorophyll sweeper is good. Plants and caring for it is a task that is not getting much respect right now to selfishness. I love the idea of using more a Growth plant, lol.

Removing Will-O-Wisp on Dragapult does not make much sense to me. I am susceptible to Sucker Punch from Kingambit if I do this. I think my Dpult set works just fine as is.

The thing with Black Glasses on Kingambit is...I don't exactly know what it is supposed to KO that Kingambit cannot. If there are supporting calculations you can inform me about, then I can use it. Also, because I use Kingambit's Priority to get opposing setup sweepers under control, it helps to be able to survive one boosted hit from a setup sweeper in case one Sucker Punch wasn't enough, or if they have status moves and are forcing me to risk not being able to use Sucker Punch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)